Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT

+4
Chris
Angelique
A_T
AnnaEsse
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT Empty MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT

Post  Panda Fri 8 Jul - 2:45

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/257243/Phone-Hacking-Was-Maddie-s-family-targeted-

hursday July 7 2011 by John Twomey

THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann may have been targeted by the News of the World, an MP said yesterday.

Chris Bryant told the emergency Commons debate that Scotland Yard is investigating allegations that the voicemails of Kate and Gerry McCann were hacked by the paper.

The McCanns, whose four-year-old daughter vanished in Portugal in 2007, join a growing “list of shame” of alleged victims of the hackers.

They include murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler and her family along with the parents of Soham murder victims Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.

Sara Payne, whose daughter Sarah, eight, was killed by paedophile Roy Whiting, and relatives of murder victim Danielle Jones, 15, as well as victims of the 7/7 bombings may also have been hacking victims.

Mr Bryant, whose phone was hacked by the paper, said the scandal revealed the NoW had “completely lost sight of any idea of decency”. He said: “I am told that police are looking at not just Milly Dowler’s phone and those of the families of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, but the case of Madeleine McCann and 15-year-old Danielle Jones who was abducted and murdered in Essex in 2001 by her uncle Stuart Campbell.”

ì
The parents of missing Madeleine McCann may have been targeted by the News of the World
î

The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell confirmed officers investigating the hacking case had contacted him.

He discovered “suspicious” activity on his account from February and July 2008 after asking his phone firm to examine his records late last year. The ex-BBC journalist, who became the McCann family spokesman in 2007, confirmed the phone records of Gerry and Kate McCann were also checked.

He said: “The results came back to say that in both their cases there were no obvious signs of suspicious activity on their accounts.”

Since their daughter vanished, Kate and Gerry McCann have complained their phones were tampered with. It is understood three supporters of the couple were also told their voicemails may have been accessed
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT Empty Re: MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT

Post  whatsupdoc Fri 8 Jul - 8:12

This may have happened and that may have happened.....yeh yeh yeh....they must be the most boring couple in the UK.

If I could throw a little light on the subject of phone hacking...there are different ways to do this but the most simple way is to be within close range and couple to the phone you want via Bluetooth. The target doesn't know they have been selected and their phone can be controlled and calls made etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZRdnQ4g4NQ

So, if you aren't using Bluetooth, switch it off. You will be safe from this method of attack.

If one wants to simply "bug" a mobile phone then there are receivers out there that governments use to listen in. I think cheap ones are about $4000. These receivers are different to a cheap scanner which can be bought on eBay for £20.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 8 Jul - 8:24

Morning whatsupdoc,

Thanks for the info, but I hardly use my mobile and who would want to hack me??? Actually, I understand it is just the voicemails and doubt much
confidential info is sent via voicemail.

The moral decline in Britain is absolute when this kind of thing can go on for years and SY Police accept bribes......I despair. MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 389741
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jul - 9:32

I think I'll write to the Express because my phone might have been hacked. I haven't contacted my phone company and they haven't contacted me, but you never know! There must be millions of us in this position and I shall tell the Express that I think it's disgusting!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 8 Jul - 9:41

AnnaEsse wrote:I think I'll write to the Express because my phone might have been hacked. I haven't contacted my phone company and they haven't contacted me, but you never know! There must be millions of us in this position and I shall tell the Express that I think it's disgusting!

I return to the point I made yesterday. So far the only voicemail hacking confirmed appears to be that by the PI jailed in January 2007. It is his records (pre 2007) at the centre of the enquiry. Unless he was pyschic why would he have hacked the McCanns' voicemail?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 8 Jul - 10:54

Chris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:I think I'll write to the Express because my phone might have been hacked. I haven't contacted my phone company and they haven't contacted me, but you never know! There must be millions of us in this position and I shall tell the Express that I think it's disgusting!

I return to the point I made yesterday. So far the only voicemail hacking confirmed appears to be that by the PI jailed in January 2007. It is his records (pre 2007) at the centre of the enquiry. Unless he was pyschic why would he have hacked the McCanns' voicemail?

Chris, a little thing like that wouldn"t bother the McCanns MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 294124 Hugh Grant has been instrumental in drawing attention to this as one who has been
hacked so I assume an investigation proved positive, What about some Celebrities who have received compensation recently? Sadie Frost I believe was one.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jul - 11:01

Aha - now it makes sense. They think that there might be COMPO involved! MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123 MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123 MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jul - 11:10

Iris wrote:Aha - now it makes sense. They think that there might be COMPO involved! MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123 MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123 MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123

I bet they send back a stack of consumer products every week, the ones that state, "If you are not completely satisfied..." MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 294124
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 8 Jul - 11:13

Iris wrote:Aha - now it makes sense. They think that there might be COMPO involved! MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123 MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123 MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123

Yes Iris, the claims would be astranomical.

Iv"e been trying to remember his name, he was a Newspaper Baron in the U.S.A. in the 1930"s/40"s , the Film Rose was made about him.

Anyway it was because of his power over what was printed that the U.S.A. brought in a Law which states that no one Entity can be a monopoly and
they would never allow Newscorp to own so many Papers in the U.S.A. We have too many Papers anyway for such a small Country so maybe the
Government should look at this as well.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  A_T Fri 8 Jul - 11:54

Carter Ruck helped Max Clifford settle with the NOTW for £1 million
A_T
A_T
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 144
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 8 Jul - 12:06

A_T wrote:

Carter Ruck helped Max Clifford settle with the NOTW for £1 million

Which begs the question , why settle if they are not guilty and now that the NOTW is closing down, would any liabilites lapse ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 8 Jul - 16:46

I heard on the news yesterday that even though the NoTW had ceased all liability regarding these claims would be valid.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 8 Jul - 16:56

Angelique wrote:I heard on the news yesterday that even though the NoTW had ceased all liability regarding these claims would be valid.

Hi Angelique, the problem is , it is going to take so long for Scotland Yard to plough through all the NOTW affairs , claims will have to be investigated
as to their validity , this could take years !!!!! A few have already received payouts, wise choice , take the money now, if offered.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 12:21

Iv"e just been reading the Telegraph Report that Clarence and the McCanns are claiming their phones have been hacked, how far will they go for
publicity and money????

The report that Prince William"s phone was hacked is genuine. He had hurt his leg and was discussing it with a friend and the call was hacked so
maybe their many secret conversations being hacked, hopefully the McCanns were discussing something useful to the review.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 15:20

Angelique wrote:I heard on the news yesterday that even though the NoTW had ceased all liability regarding these claims would be valid.

One needs to distinguish between a newspaper title and a legal entity. The NotW is published and owned by News Group Newspapers Limited (just like the Sun etc) - as far as I know it is not a legal entity in itself. The cessation of the publication therefore means little in terms of legal liability.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 15:44

Chris wrote:

One needs to distinguish between a newspaper title and a legal entity. The NotW is published and owned by News Group Newspapers Limited (just like the Sun etc) - as far as I know it is not a legal entity in itself. The cessation of the publication therefore means little in terms of legal liability.
e
I wondered about the Legal aspect because if the NOTW is closing down any Share Capital would be taken and the Company have no Assets so
where is the money to pay claims coming from.? Since Murdoch is such a wealthy man and internationally would want to be seen to be doing the right
thing, he might set aside a specific sum for each claimant. The whole thing is a complete shambles and if the Police had done their job properly all those
years ago , there would have been no more hacking and the Taxpayer wouldn"t be facing another massive cost now.

Last edited by Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 15:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling correction)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 16:30

Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:

e
I wondered about the Legal aspect because if the NOTW is closing down any Share Capital would be taken and the Company have no Assets so
where is the money to pay claims coming from.? Since Murdoch is such a wealthy man and internationally would want to be seen to be doing the right
thing, he might set aside a specific sum for each claimant. The whole thing is a complete shambles and if the Police had done their job properly all those
years ago , there would have been no more hacking and the Taxpayer wouldn"t be facing another massive cost now.

A consideration of share capital and assets doesn't arise. The NotW is effectively just one of the trading names of News Group Newpapers Limited. Google a few liable actions - Max Moseley didn't sue the NotW he sued NGNL, Heather Mills didn't sue the Sun she sued NGNL. They are not liquidating NGNL they are simply ceasing publication of one of its titles, the legal entity remains intact albeit devoid of some of its income from one of its trading arms.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 16:43

My mistake, I thought even a Group had to have seperate Accounts with Assets and Liabilities. Sky News reported there were afew private investors considering buying the NOTW, so how would they seperate the assets and liabilities if this happened.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 16:56

Panda wrote:My mistake, I thought even a Group had to have seperate Accounts with Assets and Liabilities. Sky News reported there were afew private investors considering buying the NOTW, so how would they seperate the assets and liabilities if this happened.

NGNL is not a group it is simply the legal entity which publishes different titles. Its like having two corner shops but both being owned and operated by one company. They wouldn't necessarily need to acquire any assets or liabilities (they certainly wouldn't want to pick up the latter!) - they could simply buy the name and set up their own infrastructure. As it is NGNL doesn't print the papers, that is done by a different company within the NI structure.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 17:18

What does NGNL stand for Chris, I thought Newscorp owned News International. Murdoch"s Empire is so huge I bet it would be hard to unravel .

James, his Son must surely accept some responsibility too , didn"t he come to England specifically to look after the U.K. Assets?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 18:11

Panda wrote:What does NGNL stand for Chris, I thought Newscorp owned News International. Murdoch"s Empire is so huge I bet it would be hard to unravel .

James, his Son must surely accept some responsibility too , didn"t he come to England specifically to look after the U.K. Assets?

NGNL = News Group Newspapers Limited. Newscorp is the ultimate holding company in the US. News International Limited is its principal UK subsidiary. Besides NIL in the UK there are a number of operating companies - NGNL (publisher of the Sun and NotW), Times Newspapers Limited (publisher of the Times and Sunday Times), Printing Companies, Distribution Companies etc. I don't know the precise structure as large groups don't usually make such information public. Without a group structure chart it can only really be pieced together by looking at all the group companies' accounts - not always easy. I would guess all the UK companies are owned directly or indirectly by NIL since for good tax and other fiscal reasons they would want a UK group under one UK holding company.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 18:22

Thanks Chris, it really is a huge Empire. as a matter of fact I just switched on sky News and an American analyst is going to give his opinion on what
he thinks will happen, so I"ll let you know., MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 9 Jul - 19:30

I think McCanns have become addicted to the limelight and now attempting to put their names with any kind of story that comes up that paints them as a hero or victim rather than greedy child neglecting swine.

The Amber Alert etc I am sure they would have loved to have a Madeleine Alert so that her name is always associated with a kidnapping rather than an unknwn crime which occurred whilst her parents were out "dining" in a bar MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 956518 and they have been "dining" out on it ever since! MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 19:54

widowan wrote:I think McCanns have become addicted to the limelight and now attempting to put their names with any kind of story that comes up that paints them as a hero or victim rather than greedy child neglecting swine.

The Amber Alert etc I am sure they would have loved to have a Madeleine Alert so that her name is always associated with a kidnapping rather than an unknwn crime which occurred whilst her parents were out "dining" in a bar MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 956518 and they have been "dining" out on it ever since! MCCANNS GET IN ON THE ACT 182123

Too true widowan. There is hope now that Scotland Yard is under fire over the Murdoch affair that the SC team doing the Review might be more
diligent and not risk censure at a later date.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 9 Jul - 21:04

The mccanns are either scared shitless that their phone calls were hacked or are laughing and hoping to jump on the MONEY bandwagon knowing their phone weren't.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next