Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk?

+17
katertaif
fuzeta
kitti
Lioned
Panda
cherry1
Krisy22
Angelina
chrissie
Fern
wjk
mara thon
fred
Lillyofthevalley
Keela
gillyspot
RIORITA
21 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 Empty Re: more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk?

Post  Panda Tue 10 Jan - 14:39

AnnaEsse wrote:There was a greengrocer's shop, a family business, that had been operating in my town for as long as I can remember. It sold a wide range of produce and lots of plants. Yesterday, it was shut, shutters down. I think it has closed, which is a pity, but it's very close to Tesco, which sells an even wider range of produce and has a car park.

The greengrocer I go to is also opposite Tesco but does quite well because it sells exotic veg and has a greater variety of Potatoes, all loose so you dont have to pay for what you don"t need. I hope it doesn"t close down.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 Empty Re: more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk?

Post  Badboy Tue 10 Jan - 15:34

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:There was a greengrocer's shop, a family business, that had been operating in my town for as long as I can remember. It sold a wide range of produce and lots of plants. Yesterday, it was shut, shutters down. I think it has closed, which is a pity, but it's very close to Tesco, which sells an even wider range of produce and has a car park.

The greengrocer I go to is also opposite Tesco but does quite well because it sells exotic veg and has a greater variety of Potatoes, all loose so you dont have to pay for what you don"t need. I hope it doesn"t close down.
IT WOULD BE SAD TO LOSE ALL THESE SMALL SHOPS.

SEPARETLY,GAME MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE,LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS ON FEBRUARY 27TH.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 10 Jan - 15:43

Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

Badboy....who is Game?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 10 Jan - 15:55

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

Badboy....who is Game?

Hi Panda,

It's a shop that sells games for games consoles, PS3 and the like.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 10 Jan - 15:58

chrissie wrote:
Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

Badboy....who is Game?

Hi Panda,

It's a shop that sells games for games consoles, PS3 and the like.

We've got one of those!

Last edited by AnnaEsse on Wed 11 Jan - 11:42; edited 1 time in total
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 10 Jan - 16:03

My teenage son will be devastated if Game closes down! more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 294124
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 10 Jan - 16:23

chrissie wrote:My teenage son will be devastated if Game closes down! more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 294124

Thanks Chrissie, thanks.

The City Centres are already suffering because of out of town Supermarkets and Discount out of town Shopping Malls. It"s sad to see
and where will it all end. My City has had a huge facelift and even John Lewis opened up here and already the most bizarre shops have closed down.

The outlook for the nexr few years is not looking good and the unemployment figure continues to rise.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 10 Jan - 19:12

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

Badboy....who is Game?
THEY SELL GAMES ETC I BELIEVE.

TESCO ARE TRYING TO OPEN ANOTHER STORE IN MY TOWN,ONLY IT IS SAID THAT ANOTHER TESCO IN A OUT OF TOWN CENTRE WOULD SUFFER 20% DROP IN CUSTOM AND MIGHT EVEN CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH THE OUT OF TOWN CENTRE AND CAUSE THE NEARBY ASDA AND SAINSBURY TO SUFFER A DROP IN CUSTOM PLUS CAUSE THE CLOSDURE OF THE SMALL SHOPS.
TRAFFIC PROBLEMS ARE ALSO ANOTHER CONCERN.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 10 Jan - 21:12

GAME HAS HAD A 14.7% SLUMP IN PROFITS.
THE GAMES INDUSTRY HAS DECLINED BY THE SAM % OVER ABOUT 4 YEARS,MEANING GAME RETAILERS MUST COMPETE FOR FEWER AND FEWER CUSTOMERS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 10 Jan - 23:22

ONE THING THE GUARDIAN DID MENTION IS THAT THERE ARE FEW PEOPLE WITH COMPUTER(PROGRAMMING/SCIENCE?)SKILLS,POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS ARE SAYING THAT MOST TRAINING COURSES CONCERNING SUCH SKILLS ARE SIMPLY `SAUSAGE FACTORIES'.
ALSO A LOT OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO MATHS SKILLS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 11 Jan - 11:21

BBC reporting that Little Chef are to close 67 of their 161 sites resulting in job losses of 500 - 600.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 11 Jan - 16:16

GAME MAY HAVE £30MILLION LOSS.
FLYBE APPEAR TO ALSO BE IN TROUBLE(LESS PEOPLE TRAVELEED BY AIR OVER CHRISTMAS)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Jan - 18:08

But Sainsbury's were well chuffed, they did quite well over Christmas especially with their own luxury range - Be Good To Yourself, I think it's called? people are downsizing and instead of buying "real" luxury items they are buying Sainsbury's "luxury" items instead! more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 18:25

Yes Iris it was on the News. Tesco have not made a profit for the last 4 quarters. I shop a lot at Iceland, simply because if you spend £25 or more
they delived Free and since I don"t drive it"s a boon for me. Added to this, their prices are low, £1 for 4 pints of milk, always special offers and they
didn"t try special offers which were not.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 11 Jan - 20:20

ARE ICELAND CHEAP?(THE SUPERMARKET,NOT THE COUNTRY!)

DID I MENTION THAT A TYCOON HAS SAID THE RETAIL SECTOR WILL HAVE MORE CASUALTIES THIS YEAR.
I WONDER HOW MUCH TESCO'S PROFIT HAVE DECREASED.
DEBENHAM'S DID WELL(NO DOUBT MY £30? SPEND HEL.PED)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Wed 11 Jan - 20:43

Iceland have really great prices but their choice is limited (my only criticism of them)

So Panda Mum doesn't go to Iceland - Iceland goes to Mum more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 294124
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 21:33

Badboy wrote:ARE ICELAND CHEAP?(THE SUPERMARKET,NOT THE COUNTRY!)

DID I MENTION THAT A TYCOON HAS SAID THE RETAIL SECTOR WILL HAVE MORE CASUALTIES THIS YEAR.

Hi Badboy.....yes, £1 for 4 pints of Milk, I bought a large thick sliced Farmhouse loaf of bread today for £1. Veg is not too much choice but the rest is
cheap.Tescos make too much profit for there be much to worry about, maybe they will close some of the small "Extra" shops.

I bet Debenham"s thanked their lucky stars that you helped increase their profits. more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 11 Jan - 21:43

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:ARE ICELAND CHEAP?(THE SUPERMARKET,NOT THE COUNTRY!)

Hi Badboy.....yes, £1 for 4 pints of Milk, I bought a large thick sliced Farmhouse loaf of bread today for £1. Veg is not too much choice but the rest is
cheap.Tescos make too much profit for there be much to worry about, maybe they will close some of the small "Extra" shops.

I bet Debenham"s thanked their lucky stars that you helped increase their profits. more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 4 294124
I DID TELL SOME OT THE STAFF THAT I AM EXCEPT FROM THE RECESSION BECAUSE I AM ON BENEFITS,NO MORTAGE,DEBTS TO WORRY ABOUT.
(THOUGH I AM WORRIED A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO ABOUT BENEFITS,REFORMS ETC)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 12 Jan - 9:02

Tesco Shares have fallen 12.73% on news that the latest quarter sales were lower than expected. Apparently , their attempt to open up in Japan has
not gone well, they use a different name. In China , they are doing very well, found it hard to open big stores so came up with virtual selling at Tube
stations. Across a wall there are photos of produce and the purchaser just taps on say milk, orders through their mobile and when they get home the order has been delivered. All clever stuff eh? Sales are booming. in Stations that operate virtual selling.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 12 Jan - 23:11

TESCO SALES HAVE DROPPED 2%,PROFIT DOWN BY £450MILLION
SALES AT ARGOS,HALFORD,MOTHERCARE AND THORNTONS ARE DOWN.
CHINA MIGHT SOON BE IN ECONOMIC TROUBLE(SHOULD I START A SEPARATE THREAD ON THAT.)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 13 Jan - 0:04

Tescos are too expensive and when I go in there it doesn't look very enticing, not like sainsburys or asda.

My sainsburys has an upstairs now and you could spend all day in there if you wanted to....so much selection and at Xmas I got a huge leg off lamb for £12 which is usually £25 plus a large piece off beef for the same price.....the problem is......you can spend TOO much lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 14 Jan - 17:34

CURRYS,DIXONS AND PC WORLD PROFITS APPEAR TO HAVE HIT BY A 8% DROP.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Jan - 17:38

Just passed Top Shop today,and it's looking really sad; the window displays haven't been changed for ages, they are looking really fusty and tired, and that's only the visible bits, the rest is covered with posters saying 70% off.

In fact I think all of Sir Phillip's chain are in trouble as our local BHS (Ayr) have been renting out floor space to Dorothy Perkins, Wallis and Evans for some time now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 14 Jan - 17:43

kitti wrote:Tescos are too expensive and when I go in there it doesn't look very enticing, not like sainsburys or asda.

My sainsburys has an upstairs now and you could spend all day in there if you wanted to....so much selection and at Xmas I got a huge leg off lamb for £12 which is usually £25 plus a large piece off beef for the same price.....the problem is......you can spend TOO much lol

For me, it's a matter of Sainsbury's or ASDA and at the moment it's mostly ASDA. If one particular store has a basic which I want, then the rest of my shopping will be done there. ASDA tends to cater more for local populations than the others, and since we have a fairly large Polish population, ASDA stocks a good range of Polish products. It's the only local supermarket that stocks the Polish rye bread, which I like, hence that's where I do most of my shopping.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 14 Jan - 18:06

Iris wrote:Just passed Top Shop today,and it's looking really sad; the window displays haven't been changed for ages, they are looking really fusty and tired, and that's only the visible bits, the rest is covered with posters saying 70% off.

In fact I think all of Sir Phillip's chain are in trouble as our local BHS (Ayr) have been renting out floor space to Dorothy Perkins, Wallis and Evans for some time now.
BHS,DOROTHY PERKINS,TOPMAN AND TOPSHOP ARE ALL PART OF PHILLIP GREEN'S ARCADIA GROUP.
HE SAYS HE WILL SHUT 250? STORES
SCOTLAND RETAIL AND OTHER SECTORS ARE SAID TO BE DOING BETTER THAN OTHER REGION(NE ENGLAND MIGHT BE DOING SLIGHTLY BETTER)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next