Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the road??

+21
malena stool
blossom45
duncanmac
whatsupdoc
Autumn
marxman
nospinnaker
AnnaEsse
lynn
Angelina
frencheuropean
Badboy
Ang
wjk
Lillyofthevalley
Carolina
interested
Krisy22
Justiceforallkids
squeaker
MaryB
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

End of the road?? Empty End of the road??

Post  MaryB Mon 24 Oct - 12:36

I am beginning to believe that there will never be a conclusion to this. It will never be proved what happened to Madeleine. That is a great shame. That a poor little child aged just three can just disappear of the face of the earth and nobody can be held accountable in any way. I don't have very much faith in the outcome of this February court hearing or in the Scotland Yard Review. I did at one time but not any more.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
End of the road?? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100End of the road?? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

End of the road?? Empty Re: End of the road??

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 24 Oct - 12:38

"I am beginning to believe that there will never be a conclusion to this. It will never be proved what happened to Madeleine. That is a great shame. That a poor little child aged just three can just disappear of the face of the earth and nobody can be held accountable"

......Or cares!!

Also agree I'm sure its the end game, after Scot Yard sugar coat the review!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Mon 24 Oct - 12:52

I don't think it is the end of the road, yet. If (or when) the McCanns decide to stop begging for money, stop criticizing others, stop selling merchandise and stop suing people and just slink off quietly for a new life somewhere, THEN it might be the end of the road. Until then, I'm still hopeful. The fact that they haven't returned Amaral's books yet is not going to disappear either, but I will be amazed if they don't pull out of the libel trial at the last minute.[u]
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 24 Oct - 12:55

it will never be the end for themcanns they will have to live what they did to maddie for the rest of their lives IF they killed her OR she was abducted both wiould be their fault imo poor little maddie
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 24 Oct - 13:44

MaryB wrote:I am beginning to believe that there will never be a conclusion to this. It will never be proved what happened to Madeleine. That is a great shame. That a poor little child aged just three can just disappear of the face of the earth and nobody can be held accountable in any way. I don't have very much faith in the outcome of this February court hearing or in the Scotland Yard Review. I did at one time but not any more.

I am sorry to say these are my thoughts too MaryB. End of the road?? 389741 Think it will be a very long time if ever, that we hear the truth in this case.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 24 Oct - 14:03

I'm hoping that the libel case goes ahead and that Kate and Gerry have to take the stand. If they are claiming that Amaral's book led to depression etc, they will have to provide medical evidence. In this country, the UK, if someone is making such a claim, they also have to prove with medical evidence that there was a change in their health. So, they would have to show not only that they had been depressed after the event, but that the depression was a new condition and not something that had been ongoing.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 24 Oct - 15:40

Not only the parents will be affected by this for the rest of their lives, the twins will be faced with the burden of their parents, at the very least, neglecting all their children. I hope they receive the help they are going to need - they will carry the burden of being Madeleine's brother and sister.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Mon 24 Oct - 17:03

AnnaEsse wrote:I'm hoping that the libel case goes ahead and that Kate and Gerry have to take the stand. If they are claiming that Amaral's book led to depression etc, they will have to provide medical evidence. In this country, the UK, if someone is making such a claim, they also have to prove with medical evidence that there was a change in their health. So, they would have to show not only that they had been depressed after the event, but that the depression was a new condition and not something that had been ongoing.

AFAIK, in Portugal it is not enough to become depressed because of so-called libel, it has to be proved that your civil rights have been breached and as the judges stated in their ruling when the book ban was overturned, this was not the case with Gonçalo Amaral's book. Furthermore, their case is a lot weaker now that Kate has published her own book which reveals some very private aspects of the McCann's life. Also, in their latest interview in Spain, Gerry stated that their's was a "happy and normal family but an incomplete one"! Unbelievable, these people!
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Mon 24 Oct - 17:25

No. It's not the end of the road.

All the while there are thousands of people who think the tale is fishy it's not the end of the road.

Take a glance at Brunt's blog. Have a look at the number of posts attached to every single occasion when it's a Madeleine entry. Thousands of them. Every time. Look at the comments whenever a 'have your say' feature is open on a Madeleine related newspaper article. Then compare with other matters. There are serious things that actually directly affect us with far greater immediacy that the Kate 'n Gerry Show - but they attract only a feeble response. The interest is still out there. So is the suspicion, the sense of impotent outrage, the sense that it's just too dodgy for words.

And it's all fed by the bizarre antics, utterances and actions of the unlikeable couple. Books, blogs, private detectives, legal wranglings, all of it. The public hasn't bought into their fabricated fable. Oh sure, there's a fair number of supporters out there, all singing the same mantra, but it's always one of belittlement, it's the same old 'no evidence' cry, it's the same constant bleating of 'exonerated', 'cleared','everyone does it'. There's very rarely an attempt at rational debate, it's just the constant repetition of the same old thing.

It's not the end of the road all the while the Met are looking at the evidence. I am one of those that believe they will look at their own translation, they'll look at all the stuff Leicester Police had, the stuff the PJ didn't publish, they will chat to the people at FSS, and the Smiths and the Gaspars, and they'll chat to the nanny that went to live in Canada and those of the staff that can be traced, and they'll have a quiet looks at the phone calls and the messages and the pings. They'll be trying to follow the PJ's way of thinking, they'll be interested in which witnesses may have been approached by Team McCann, and they will arrive at their own conclusions. They will look at the medical records, not simply relying on a note from a GP. They'll look at drug use history and prescribing habits. They'll look at the helpers, the hoarding, the trip to Huelva, the dogs, the dogs' handler.

And I simply don't believe that a team of professional Police officers would sweep a case like this under the carpet.

So no, it's not the end of the road.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Mon 24 Oct - 17:39

nospinnaker wrote:No. It's not the end of the road.

All the while there are thousands of people who think the tale is fishy it's not the end of the road.

Take a glance at Brunt's blog. Have a look at the number of posts attached to every single occasion when it's a Madeleine entry. Thousands of them. Every time. Look at the comments whenever a 'have your say' feature is open on a Madeleine related newspaper article. Then compare with other matters. There are serious things that actually directly affect us with far greater immediacy that the Kate 'n Gerry Show - but they attract only a feeble response. The interest is still out there. So is the suspicion, the sense of impotent outrage, the sense that it's just too dodgy for words.

And it's all fed by the bizarre antics, utterances and actions of the unlikeable couple. Books, blogs, private detectives, legal wranglings, all of it. The public hasn't bought into their fabricated fable. Oh sure, there's a fair number of supporters out there, all singing the same mantra, but it's always one of belittlement, it's the same old 'no evidence' cry, it's the same constant bleating of 'exonerated', 'cleared','everyone does it'. There's very rarely an attempt at rational debate, it's just the constant repetition of the same old thing.

It's not the end of the road all the while the Met are looking at the evidence. I am one of those that believe they will look at their own translation, they'll look at all the stuff Leicester Police had, the stuff the PJ didn't publish, they will chat to the people at FSS, and the Smiths and the Gaspars, and they'll chat to the nanny that went to live in Canada and those of the staff that can be traced, and they'll have a quiet looks at the phone calls and the messages and the pings. They'll be trying to follow the PJ's way of thinking, they'll be interested in which witnesses may have been approached by Team McCann, and they will arrive at their own conclusions. They will look at the medical records, not simply relying on a note from a GP. They'll look at drug use history and prescribing habits. They'll look at the helpers, the hoarding, the trip to Huelva, the dogs, the dogs' handler.

And I simply don't believe that a team of professional Police officers would sweep a case like this under the carpet.

End of the road?? 307691 End of the road?? 307691 End of the road?? 307691 I am not so sure that I share your confidence in the Review' but we will reach the end when all of us with an opinion give up and go home. For me I wont leave any stone unturned...even if I have to turn them over time and time again until the truth surfaces! End of the road?? 944533
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 24 Oct - 18:36

God I do hope you are correct in your great post, you've given me a pinch of hope, I just have this problem with slimmy Cameron, £3m of taxs payers money isn't alot if he gets votes from the "gullible" public, to be honest there still is a lot of people out there that DO believe everything that comes out of the Mcs and Mitchells mouths.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 24 Oct - 19:30

End of the road?? 307691 End of the road?? 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Oct - 20:04

Hi no spinnaker,

Sorry to pour cold water on your theory but one of the SY Police officers said "it is a Review, not an investigation". the remit is to ensure
the PJ followed up every lead.

I think when the Fund is wound up the McCanns will disappear from the public arena and we will all feel that justice was not done, but in time,
without the forum, we too will not be discussing Madeleine although we will never forget her.

The Trial is the last hope of something happening to show the McCanns in their true colour.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Ang Mon 24 Oct - 21:09

Well, here's my theory on the end. The McCanns have convinced the world of their innocence. Done deal and thanks to Rupert. Then comes along a copycat abduction, who no one believes (Lisa Irwin). And it's a reminder to everyone who ever read a story about Madeleine's disappearance being played out again. First time, the gullible will but twice - nah. Actually it's the third attempt, remember Sharon Matthews. At least that girl was found alive.

I reckon the McCanns have realised that they will never get back to normal lives again. No amount of money will ever get their lives on track - unless of course, they come clean. I'm guessing they won't though. They sure started something with stubborn determination but because it is untrue, it will come out in the end despite all the money and publicity - for them all to no avail.
Ang
Ang
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 207
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Mon 24 Oct - 21:17

If we give up - who has Madeleine got as a voice for justice??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 24 Oct - 23:25

CARRY ON RESEARCHING,YOU MIGHT SEE/NOTICE SOMETHING.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 25 Oct - 1:37

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in

They come, they come to build a wall between us....we know they won't win.
Don't let them win.

Hey

Last edited by Autumn on Tue 25 Oct - 1:53; edited 2 times in total
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Oct - 1:45

Day Dream Believer End of the road?? 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 25 Oct - 2:10

NoStone wrote:If we give up - who has Madeleine got as a voice for justice??

I'm with you on that NoStone......we're in this, for however long it takes, until justice is done and the world knows what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 25 Oct - 3:07

Panda wrote:Hi no spinnaker,

Sorry to pour cold water on your theory but one of the SY Police officers said "it is a Review, not an investigation". the remit is to ensure
the PJ followed up every lead.

I think when the Fund is wound up the McCanns will disappear from the public arena and we will all feel that justice was not done, but in time,
without the forum, we too will not be discussing Madeleine although we will never forget her.

The Trial is the last hope of something happening to show the McCanns in their true colour.

I think you're wrong about that Panda. Even if they went to live on the moon and give the remainder of the fund to Jilly Cooper's Horse Sanctuary, there will always be discussion about this case on the internet. There may well come a time when the McCanns want to wrap up the fund and live happily ever after. Problem is there are too many of us who have read the files and will never give up on seeking the truth about what happened. Also, court cases can drag on for years so not likely that the McCanns would be able to slink off into obscurity when the reality is that they will be in the spotlight for many years to come. And how are they going to pay their expensive legal teams unless the Fund continues to generate money from the public? Even if they wanted to, I think they are in too deep and the Fund is now a necessity to them, without it they would be sunk.

Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Oct - 6:46

Morning Autumn,

Much as I admire your sentiment about Madeleine and the McCanns, I cannot share it. there have been several disappearances of children
over the years which have caught the attention of the public around the World, jonbenet, the Dingo baby whose Mother was jailed then
years later released when a bloodied baby cardigan was found in the Bush. The German boy who disappeared when only yards behind his family
on holiday not far from PDL, the 3yr old girl who disappeared from a supermarket in Germany .

I"m sure when the Royalties run out , part of which will be used to pay Legal Fees in Portugal, there are no other ways for the McCanns to make money and they will make some excuse to close the Fund. They will be of no interest then to the Press and and I for one will lose interest because there is nothing to discuss.

Sad to say, you only have to look at this Forum to see the way Members stop posting but come back when there is something new about
the McCanns to discuss, watch this space when the Trial starts. End of the road?? 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 25 Oct - 9:17

True Panda. But it's rather difficult to post when one has nothing new or interesting to say about the case. It doesn't mean that we lose interest in the case.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Oct - 9:45

frencheuropean wrote:True Panda. But it's rather difficult to post when one has nothing new or interesting to say about the case. It doesn't mean that we lose interest in the case.

Morning frenchperson, Yes I know, that"s why I take interest in other topics although Madeleine is obviously the reason for this Forum.

Wouldn"t it be great if this arrogant couple were to lose the case, I think they will, and in the process the Press have the guts to criticise
them. Let"s face it, this case will be hard for them to justify especially as Amaral"s book is not even published in English so how is it going to hinder a search.????????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 25 Oct - 10:13

frencheuropean wrote:True Panda. But it's rather difficult to post when one has nothing new or interesting to say about the case. It doesn't mean that we lose interest in the case.

Hello Frencheuropean, you have expressed my thoughts exactly, nothing new, so I have lurked arround
in the background and maintained my interest in this case.
'The end of the road'? NOT nearly! Who can say how long a road is? I would suggest that there are a
considerable few miles remaining on this rocky road.
All roads lead to Rome as they say, but in this case they will lead to justice and truth. The road maybe
long and bumpy but we will all need to keep focused and keep it between the hedges!
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 25 Oct - 11:13

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next