Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the road??

+21
malena stool
blossom45
duncanmac
whatsupdoc
Autumn
marxman
nospinnaker
AnnaEsse
lynn
Angelina
frencheuropean
Badboy
Ang
wjk
Lillyofthevalley
Carolina
interested
Krisy22
Justiceforallkids
squeaker
MaryB
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

End of the road?? - Page 2 Empty Re: End of the road??

Post  Angelina Tue 25 Oct - 11:16

Who's grandfather is that ? End of the road?? - Page 2 23324
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
End of the road?? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100End of the road?? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 25 Oct - 11:19

Angelina wrote:Who's grandfather is that ? End of the road?? - Page 2 23324

Harry Lauder, who wrote the song.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
End of the road?? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100End of the road?? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Tue 25 Oct - 11:21

Reckon there will be abreak in the chain as its quite fragile at the moment. Something will occur and the whole truth will pour out and we won't be that surprised as we knew all along what happened to Maddie.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Oct - 11:25

Well if it doesn"t happen during the Trial, or Madeleine"s body is found, I don"t know what else it will take.

AnnaEsse, what about "And now, the end is near and as I face the final curtain........I did it my way.!!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 25 Oct - 11:36

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Tue 25 Oct - 11:39

Panda, you're quite right, Sy have said it's a review rather than anything else.

So there you are reviewing what's in the PJ's files. It will be SY's own translation, they wouldn't use the one we are accustomed to reading. Tey look at all the evidence about, say, the last couple of hours. If something strikes them as odd, or doesn't add up, then are they simply going to leave it? No there will at least be a chat with their counterparts in the PJ. And if correspondence between the PJ and, say, the dogs' handler crops up that doesn't quite fit then they're going to chat to him about it, surely.

I have more faith in this investigation than is shared by many, I know.

But I am confident it will at least throw more light on the mystery; even if it's down to different translation.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Tue 25 Oct - 11:43

AnnaEsse wrote:

[b]OMG It feels like I've tuned into an episode of 'Sing Something Simple' - now own up - who remembers that??? End of the road?? - Page 2 23324 End of the road?? - Page 2 23324
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Oct - 11:49

AnnaEsse wrote:

Thanks AnnaEsse, he was my idol when i was young, I never forgave Ava Gardner for leaving him.!!! End of the road?? - Page 2 23324

O.K. NoStone.....Iv"e owned up. End of the road?? - Page 2 294124 A little light relief, back to topic.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 25 Oct - 16:56

Panda wrote:Morning Autumn,

Much as I admire your sentiment about Madeleine and the McCanns, I cannot share it. there have been several disappearances of children
over the years which have caught the attention of the public around the World, jonbenet, the Dingo baby whose Mother was jailed then
years later released when a bloodied baby cardigan was found in the Bush. The German boy who disappeared when only yards behind his family
on holiday not far from PDL, the 3yr old girl who disappeared from a supermarket in Germany .

I"m sure when the Royalties run out , part of which will be used to pay Legal Fees in Portugal, there are no other ways for the McCanns to make money and they will make some excuse to close the Fund. They will be of no interest then to the Press and and I for one will lose interest because there is nothing to discuss.

Sad to say, you only have to look at this Forum to see the way Members stop posting but come back when there is something new about
the McCanns to discuss, watch this space when the Trial starts. End of the road?? - Page 2 25346

I think you are wrong Panda. Even if the McCanns were to go and live on the moon and give the remains of the fund to Jilly Cooper's horses, there will always be plenty of discussion about this case on the internet. Just because things seem to have gone quiet does not mean that nothing is happening. Many people have been brought to justice years down the line in cold cases because something has come to light or someone has talked.

I think most members here are still interested but probably, during quiet times, taking time to revisit topics and do some research. Going on for 5 years since Madeleine's disappearance I think most of know by now we are in for the long haul. Not for one moment do I doubt that justice will be done for Madeleine and the truth will be out there for everyone to know.

Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 25 Oct - 17:27

"Justice is conducted in silence" GA End of the road?? - Page 2 Icon_flower
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Oct - 17:40

nospinnaker wrote:Panda, you're quite right, Sy have said it's a review rather than anything else.

So there you are reviewing what's in the PJ's files. It will be SY's own translation, they wouldn't use the one we are accustomed to reading. Tey look at all the evidence about, say, the last couple of hours. If something strikes them as odd, or doesn't add up, then are they simply going to leave it? No there will at least be a chat with their counterparts in the PJ. And if correspondence between the PJ and, say, the dogs' handler crops up that doesn't quite fit then they're going to chat to him about it, surely.

But I am confident it will at least throw more light on the mystery; even if it's down to different translation.

I think it will prove a waste of money and another example of Cameron"s reactive , not proactive decisions. To spend £3 million on this will prove that the PJ did all that was expected of them and had to contend with U.K. Government interference and British Press insults. One
area which could prove interesting is the phone calls, apart from the obvious disparity in the timelines. Also, there might well be a lot of info
in the shelved files which is why the case is shelved, not closed. However, I don"t think the Report is expected to be made public, although it should be because it"s Taxpayers money.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 25 Oct - 20:04

Don't Give Up Till It's Over
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 25 Oct - 23:48

End of the road?? - Page 2 944533
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Wed 26 Oct - 13:38

I don't expect the truth to emerge with so many masons in govt and the police. Also , the UK media are a disgrace.

However, I do believe we could see something positive from any trials in Portugal.

I think many are still watching this and other fora but just don't comment if there is nothing to add. Things should liven up in Feb if not b4. End of the road?? - Page 2 25346
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 26 Oct - 15:55

whatsupdoc wrote:I don't expect the truth to emerge with so many masons in govt and the police. Also , the UK media are a disgrace.

However, I do believe we could see something positive from any trials in Portugal.

I think many are still watching this and other fora but just don't comment if there is nothing to add. Things should liven up in Feb if not b4. End of the road?? - Page 2 25346

Hi whatsupdoc,

Yes, I agree when the Trial starts we will all be glued to our seats in front of our Computers.......only hope we get the same guy who translated from the Courtroom, not sure if a civil case has a public gallery.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 27 Oct - 18:32

Panda wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:I don't expect the truth to emerge with so many masons in govt and the police. Also , the UK media are a disgrace.

Hi whatsupdoc,

Yes, I agree when the Trial starts we will all be glued to our seats in front of our Computers.......only hope we get the same guy who translated from the Courtroom, not sure if a civil case has a public gallery.

Totally agree, the Feb 2012 hearings will make or break this case.
IMO they will shape the outcome of SY review.
If Goncarlo Amaral delivers a bombshell, the review will be under pressure to deliver.
If Feb 2012 produces nothing of significance, its end game and the Macs will forever be heroes who made a mistake.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 27 Oct - 18:49

nospinnaker wrote:Panda, you're quite right, Sy have said it's a review rather than anything else.

But will it be Scotland Yards own or will they use the ones that K & G (sorry other people "donations") paid £100,000 to get translated?
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 Sat 29 Oct - 11:49

End of the road?? - Page 2 306321 everyone,
this is an interesting thread,
i for one don't believe that the end is nigh,
and that the mccanns will simply fade away with their pockets stuffed with dirty money,
i firmly trust in karma...
they will face justice as simple as that...
blossom45
blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 29 Oct - 13:42

I believe if they are ever charged their defence lawyers will simply state the McCanns could never receive a fair hearing because of 'anti McCann' public opinions formed since Madeleine's tragic disappearance.
Much of what we believe to be and doubtlessly is sound evidence will be dissed as offhandedly as the canine and forensic from the apartment and hire car.
I hope I'm wrong but, the the only sentence I think they will ever serve is the one they'll carry in their head for the rest of their lives.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 29 Oct - 13:59

malena stool wrote:I believe if they are ever charged their defence lawyers will simply state the McCanns could never receive a fair hearing because of 'anti McCann' public opinions formed since Madeleine's tragic disappearance.
Much of what we believe to be and doubtlessly is sound evidence will be dissed as offhandedly as the canine and forensic from the apartment and hire car.
I hope I'm wrong but, the the only sentence I think they will ever serve is the one they'll carry in their head for the rest of their lives.

malena, I think since Amaral got the injunction lifted on the grounds that his theory that Madeleine died in 5a was part of the PJ Final Report,the McCanns can"t deny him his Right because when the case was shelved the info was available to anybody. To suggest that his
book hindered the search for Madeleine is silly because it was written in Portugese for starters and 2 years and many false sightings later.
As for the health of the Family, the twins were 2 yrs old, missing madeleine but not because of the book and after two years, sadly their
memories of her would have faded. Kate was already on leave when Madeleine disappeared and Gerry went back to work , they can"t say they suffered as a result of amaral"s book.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 29 Oct - 14:04

nospinnacker

I have to say that I don't expect the review to change anything as regards evidence to re-open the case. But I do take heart from your post - which is very encouraging.

I also believe that while there are people still discussing the case and those of us here who still feel angry that no one has been held accountable for Madeleine's disappearance - it will not fade - it will continue.

I too hope the libel trial in February will produce something from Goncalo Amaral - anything at all will maybe trigger someone to come forward.

Even though I don't post everyday, not a day goes by when I don't feel angry on Madeleine's behalf. Having experienced people in my working life who have tried, in some way, not to be held responsible for their actions and have failed, gives me hope that those who are responsible will be brought to justice.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 29 Oct - 21:27

I have had a letter from the home office where they say that SY are involved in a review for the "search" for Madeleine McCann. Also when I had asked for an open and transparent review in regards to the findings and how they were obtained I got the response that I can apply for a FOI.

Not a positive response IMO. Mind another letter will be winging its way there very shortly as I got very few answers and those I got were vague. Mind I did get an apology as it took 4 months to get a response to me (and 2 reminders).
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 29 Oct - 21:41

gillyspot wrote:I have had a letter from the home office where they say that SY are involved in a review for the "search" for Madeleine McCann. Also when I had asked for an open and transparent review in regards to the findings and how they were obtained I got the response that I can apply for a FOI.

Not a positive response IMO. Mind another letter will be winging its way there very shortly as I got very few answers and those I got were vague. Mind I did get an apology as it took 4 months to get a response to me (and 2 reminders).

Hi gillyspot , I phoned SY about a month ago, and was assured all areas of the Review would be would be investigated, yet in a letter to
another request from someone else the Detective wrote "it is to be a Review, not and investigation" so don"t expect any detailed Report
and any FOI request is not as democratic as in the U.S.A., all we get is a polite refusal.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 29 Oct - 21:46

I asked (in my letter) if the review would be able to follow where the evidence took it (immaterial of where it went and who it pointed at). No response at all to that question. That is one of the questions that is getting a repeat performance.

As regards "transparency" and "open" I referred to the McCanns requesting that and simply said that I agreed with them and as we (UK taxpayers) are paying for this the results should be open to scrutiny by us as Madeleine is only one of 1000's of children that have gone missing since 2007. (then got the FOI part - which I know is useless as they don't respond if they don't want to).
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 30 Oct - 8:40

gillyspot wrote:I have had a letter from the home office where they say that SY are involved in a review for the "search" for Madeleine McCann. Also when I had asked for an open and transparent review in regards to the findings and how they were obtained I got the response that I can apply for a FOI.

They point you to FOI when they want to use the exemptions included in the law as a cloak to hide behind! = End of the road?? - Page 2 36317 and End of the road?? - Page 2 541656
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2