Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine - Where were you... revisited.

+2
ELI
Angelique
6 posters

Go down

Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. Empty Madeleine - Where were you... revisited.

Post  Angelique Sun 8 Jan - 17:09

ITV1 Extract from "Madeleine, One Year On.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is6yRUA4qYo

Interviewer: “Tell me what happened that morning – What Madeleine said?”

Kate: “Tssk – Well, I can’t, I can’t remember if we just, just had breakfast, it was roun…….. It was sort of early in the morning. She just very, tut, casually really said, “Where were you last night when me and Sean cried?”

And we immediately looked…and said, you know,

“When was this Madeleine? Was this when you were going to sleep”?

And she didn’t answer. And then she just carried on playing. Totally un-distressed.”

Interviewer: “But did she tell you off when she was saying this?”

Kate: “No, it was a passing remark, you know and ...sigh”

Gerry: Madeleine is a very articulate and err…for her age and ummmm…you know it’s unlike her is she’s got something to say, to drop it and she did just literally dropped it ummm...and we both kind’a looked at each other…was it when we just put them down?”

Kate: “ We obviously told the Police because we thought does this indicate that that mean someone’s been round the night before and that’s what’s woken her up, which is significant…you know, you know, I’ve, you know, I’ve persecuted myself over and over again about that statement because you think, why didn’t I kind’a just hold her and say,

“What do you mean, what do you mean, you know, what do you mean you woke up? “

You know and kind’a…but you don’t think that, I mean, it’s easy saying that after what’s happened…sigh.”

Interviewer: “Mmm, Mmm.”

Gerry: “I think the worst thing is we kind’a almost thought about not going and umm…and did. We weren’t sure that we were going to get into the Tapas, remember, and umm…but you know that…”

Kate interrupts: “In fact, we were all, we were all going to go up to the Millennium again. That was it, with the kids which is what we did the first night. It was just cos the walk was so long and we didn’t have a buggy. And the kids were tired by that time and I thought we were, you know, we did talk about going up to the Millennium that night.”

“Gerry: “Err, but the worst thing is that you can’t change any of that and it doesn’t help find her. And I think we’ve actually despite, you know, our own guilt we have tried to focus on what we can change. And err, you know, in the first few days, you know, we obviously focused much, much more on the negatives and it doesn’t help, it doesn’t help Madeleine and it doesn’t help us and it doesn’t help find her. And I suppose…”

Kate interrupts: “I mean it’s not like you never, you never think about it, ‘cos you do. You know, certainly, you know, you’re perhaps you’re a bit better than me at looking forward all the time. But erm, you know, I do go back and it does upset yer and you think, Oh, why didn’t I say, why did you cry, why did you cry, you know, and why didn’t we go to the Millennium and blah, blah, blah, you know and then…sigh. As Gerry said the, the guilt you feel for not being there and giving someone that opportunity. You know, but then I just have to kind’a reel myself in and think, you know. I know how much I love Madeleine and I have no doubt that Madeleine knows how much I love her and I think and I mean I know that and I’ve gott’a think that regardless of what all those people say out there, you know, those bloggers and people on the forums who obviously get some kind’a kick about being nasty. I know that and I know Madeleine knows that and I just gott’a kind’a keep hold of that really.”

Last edited by Angelique on Sun 8 Jan - 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. Empty Re: Madeleine - Where were you... revisited.

Post  ELI Sun 8 Jan - 17:16

Kate interrupts: “In fact, we were all, we were all going to go up to the Millennium again. That was it, with the kids which is what we did the first night. It was just cos the walk was so long and we didn’t have a buggy. And the kids were tired by that time and I thought we were, you know, we did talk about going up to the Millennium that night.”

I thought they all booked in at the Tapas for the rest of the week ?

Last edited by ELI on Sun 8 Jan - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :
Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. Empty Re: Madeleine - Where were you... revisited.

Post  tanszi Sun 8 Jan - 17:17

what do you mean you woke up? why wouldnt a 3 year old wake up during the evening or night????
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sun 8 Jan - 17:20

So they were talking about going to the milenium but their children were tired...so everyone changed their plans to go to the millenium because kate & gerry's children were tired or were all the tapas children & mccanns children all tired at the same time?

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Sun 8 Jan - 17:27

Quote ; Aug. 2007 – “ You don't expect a predator to break in and take your daughter out the bed. It could have happened under other circumstances and there would still be the regret. It wasn't like a decision we made. It was a matter of 'let's get the kids to sleep, then we'll have dinner.' It wasn't a 'shall I, shan't I?' thing. I feel desperately sorry to her that we weren't there”

No mention of taking the children to the Millenium here.

ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sun 8 Jan - 17:42

ELI wrote:Quote ; Aug. 2007 – “ You don't expect a predator to break in and take your daughter out the bed. It could have happened under other circumstances and there would still be the regret. It wasn't like a decision we made. It was a matter of 'let's get the kids to sleep, then we'll have dinner.' It wasn't a 'shall I, shan't I?' thing. I feel desperately sorry to her that we weren't there”

No mention of taking the children to the Millenium here.

I feel desperately sorry to her that we weren't there”...jesus... Madeleine - Where were you... revisited. 36898

Making it up as they go along eli

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 8 Jan - 18:40

We weren’t sure that we were going to get into the Tapas, remember (says Gerry)

Oh, yes, I've been banging on about this ever since I first heard it. They had a table booked for the entire week.

Kate realises Gerry's just made a MASSIVE mistake and interrupts him, trying to correct this... but then talks complete gibberish.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 8 Jan - 18:46

'what d'you mean you woke up?'

Madeleine didn't say she'd woken up did she? She asked where they were when she and Sean cried. And according to Gerry, this could have been whilst they were being bathed (whaat?) or being put to bed (huh?) .... either someone else baths these children whilst they're asleep and puts them to bed, or the children bath themselves whilst asleep and go to bed or they sleep in the bath, perhaps?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 8 Jan - 20:30

wintabells how right you are. madeleine never said where were you when i woke up, so where was she and sean when they cried, and where were the parents that they didnt know both of them had cried.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 8 Jan - 23:14

tanszi wrote:wintabells how right you are. madeleine never said where were you when i woke up, so where was she and sean when they cried, and where were the parents that they didnt know both of them had cried.

IMO this story was concocted to turn Mrs Fenn's testimony that she had heard a child crying for some considerable time to their advantage by reinforcing the impression that Madeleine and her siblings slept in the same room. IMO it's pure spin.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Mon 9 Jan - 0:04

T4two wrote:
tanszi wrote:wintabells how right you are. madeleine never said where were you when i woke up, so where was she and sean when they cried, and where were the parents that they didnt know both of them had cried.

IMO this story was concocted to turn Mrs Fenn's testimony that she had heard a child crying for some considerable time to their advantage by reinforcing the impression that Madeleine and her siblings slept in the same room. IMO it's pure spin.

Could also be spin for saying Madeleine was still alive at this point in time
this event in their memory happened the morning after mrs fenn had heard a child crying daddy daddy...
was kate crying maddie maddie(crying by an adult can sound child like imo)...the mccanns say no one called her maddie...more spin?
the next morning the pyjamas had to be cleaned for a reason...had someone seen the stain? or seen the pyjamas on the line?

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 9 Jan - 5:47

matthew wrote:
T4two wrote:

Could also be spin for saying Madeleine was still alive at this point in time
this event in their memory happened the morning after mrs fenn had heard a child crying daddy daddy...
was kate crying maddie maddie(crying by an adult can sound child like imo)...the mccanns say no one called her maddie...more spin?
the next morning the pyjamas had to be cleaned for a reason...had someone seen the stain? or seen the pyjamas on the line?

According to her statement, Mrs Fenn heard the crying on the Tuesday night not the night before Madeleine's 'abduction' on the Thursday night (May 3rd).

She also refers to the day of the 1st May 2007, when she was at home alone, at approximately 22.30 she heard a child cry, and that due the tone of the crying seemed to be a young child and not a baby of two years of age or younger. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

If they'd wanted to suggest Madeleine was still alive on the morning of her disappearance, they could have chosen to report any number of incidents, 'Madeleine decided she liked orange marmalade' or whatever, but it still wouldn't have proved a thing. But I agree, their story of 'where were you last night' seems to be spin of some sort... some kind of retrospective defence to explain away what Mrs Fenn overheard, whilst adding to the confusion by changing the night of the crying from Tuesday to Wednesday, although they also claim that there'd been some sort of crying on another night (one of the twins woke Madeleine and Kate dealt with it, or something?).

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down