Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Algarve Resident

+6
Angelina
fred
Claudia79
Palmeras16
AnnaEsse
Annabel
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Algarve Resident - Page 2 Empty Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Angelina Mon 16 Jan - 9:32

Panda wrote:You have to wonder why this decision wasn"t made before now though , if it was only based on a question of distance which didn"t matter before.

It is true that a New lawyer at this late stage will not help Amaral, Cabrita is so well versed in the Madeleine case and whos who.

Isn't the trial scheduled for next month? Doesn't give a new lawyer much time to prepare, I'd have thought they'd need a few weeks to digest all the paperwork and build a defence.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
Algarve Resident - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Algarve Resident - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jan - 9:52

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:You have to wonder why this decision wasn"t made before now though , if it was only based on a question of distance which didn"t matter before.

It is true that a New lawyer at this late stage will not help Amaral, Cabrita is so well versed in the Madeleine case and whos who.

Isn't the trial scheduled for next month? Doesn't give a new lawyer much time to prepare, I'd have thought they'd need a few weeks to digest all the paperwork and build a defence.

Morning Angelina, Yes, I find it very odd that at this late stage Cabrita is not representing Amaral.....surely a CourtHous nearer where they live could have
been provided,? It"s a civil Case so no Jury, just 3 Judges and if the Court is still holding the E1.2 million the McCanns are claiming , surely the Court
could release sufficient for Air Travel for Amaral to defend himself as best he can? None of this is making any sense to me.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Algarve Resident - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Algarve Resident - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jan - 10:01

Angelina wrote:

Good morning Angelina, Goncalo Amaral is a trained lawyer, or so he says in this interview in the link to the file which is
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id139.html The part where he says he is a trained lawyer is halfway down the page.

Dr Amaral will know the perils of changing a lawyer at this late stage. On the forum "Regrets and Ramblings", there is an article about Cabrita announcing he wouldn't be representing Goncalo Amaral, if this is true, maybe he has been "persuaded" to step down from representing Dr Amaral, by someone within the McCann's camp. "Regrets and Ramblings" also say, that Goncalo Amaral has been evicted from his home for not paying his rent.

I have a very uneasy feeling now, that Goncalo Amaral is about to lose this case and the McCanns will once again come up smelling of roses.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 16 Jan - 10:39

I don't think GA would have won the last trial, with 3 judges ruling in his favour, if the cards were unethically stacked against him in the courts. This landslide win marked the beginning of the end for the McCanns bullying, bullshit reign in his neck of the woods (imho).

All is not necessary what it seems, and what is being seen on the surface regarding GA may be a part of a planned strategy on his part. In addition, I doubt very much that "the new lawyer" is new to the case at all!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 16 Jan - 10:51

I'm glad I don't feel like you, kathy.

If mr Amaral had the same feelings then he wouldn't off wrote another book UPDATING the truth off the lie, he also has The English gag which is still on sale and people ask, why , if he has had his books returned, doesnt he put them back on the shelves to Make himself some dosh......easy answer to this..mr Amaral is NOT the Mccanns, his life isnt about money ....money...money....why put the old book back on sale when he has updated the original, he doesnt feel it worth it having two books similar as each other when people will obviously buy the updated one.

As far as his lawyer is concerned, I never understood why mr Amaral got and payed for a lawyer when HE is a Lawyer himself and could represent himself, after all, he could say things when the lawyer couldn't or wouldn't, lawyers always slip in things they shouldn't in the hope that the 'jurors' would pick up on it and besides , people saying that the mccanns lawyers were either In portugual or London and they lived in leicestershire, who's money were they using to travel to these lawyers....DEFINATELY not their own...all mr amarals fees are coming out off his OWN pocket
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2