Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bennett - new court date

+22
T4two
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
Annabel
marxman
Autumn
gillyspot
Bobsy
ProfessorPlum
ELI
kitti
fred
Lillyofthevalley
jay2001
Oldartform
margaret
aqeleega
pennylane
matthew
amber
tanszi
almostgothic
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tony Bennett - new court date Empty Tony Bennett - new court date

Post  jay2001 Mon 23 Jan - 12:26

Can't see this here, but please move/link if already discussed. On Jill Havern's site is Tony's info about his new court date with TM in April.

I think this news about TB is outrageous - whatever you think about his methods he has constantly campaigned to find the truth. Now with the most feared lawyers in the land no-one will probably hear about this except on the net. Unless the Express take up the case.

How can the parents pursue this vendetta against TB and GA? On Aled Jones show Mrs Mc said that she could forgive the abductor. What? Forgive the 'perpetrator' yet is doing everything possible to bankrupt and/or leave 2 people (who dared to put the police files into print) homeless.

If you have a difference of opinion on TM version of events can you now be threatened with prison or bankruptcy? I haven't believed in British justice for over 20 years for personal reasons and this action is unbelievable. There are far more spurious claims about the parents and their friends actions on the net and other books - Stevo for instance, but they're probably not rich enough to sue. It's always about the money. Are we not allowed our own views about all the inconsistencies in tm's account of what happened?

Off topic but someone recently confessed to a murder 25 years later. Sometimes people cannot live with what's on their conscience and have to confess. Only 20 years to go!

jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
Tony Bennett - new court date Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett - new court date Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Tony Bennett - new court date Empty Re: Tony Bennett - new court date

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 23 Jan - 12:30

I've received an email today from Tony. One of the ways in which he is alleged to be in contempt of court is by publishing a booklet with details from the published PJ files. All that information is in the public domain, but Tony is reckoned to be in contempt of court for his publishing of it.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Tony Bennett - new court date Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett - new court date Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 23 Jan - 12:37

I think that, among the many things that Carter-Ruck have objected to, there was Tony publicising the 48 questions that Kate refused to answer. At the time the same questions were also available on the BBC website!

You really couldn't make any of this up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Mon 23 Jan - 12:38

If only the nationals would run this story without the usual pink spin (his hands will be full at the mo) it would show the public how money grabbing the pair are. I live in hope!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Mon 23 Jan - 12:54

What happens if they throw the book at him but it then turns out later that he was right in his theory?
i have just been to look at the jill havern & seen he was delivered his writ/legal documents in a limo-carter rucks way Tony Bennett - new court date 182123
Guess this is the mccanns way of searching for their lovely daughter,madeleine...i cant see it working though
Would the mccanns go down this legal route if it was their own money at risk?
Kate must of forgot to pray to god about internet nasties

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 23 Jan - 13:00

one day hopefully they are gonna get their arses kicked , its ok for the mcanns and tapas spews to say things about rm and others thats not true Tony Bennett - new court date 371436 , can someone put a link to jills forum please , i had it on other comp , been meaning to ask to join for a long time Tony Bennett - new court date 25346 thanks x
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 23 Jan - 13:04

What dirty tricks are the gruesome twosome up to now with this postponement following GA's postponement?

I really hope this backfires horribly on the pair, and helps Tony Bennett immensely!

Last edited by pennylane on Mon 23 Jan - 13:08; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 23 Jan - 13:08

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/thanks x
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 23 Jan - 13:10

pennylane wrote:What dirty tricks are the gruesome twosome up to now with this postponement following GA's postponement?

I really hope this backfires horribly on the pair, and helps Tony Bennett immensely!
me too penny somethings going off thats for sure , they will be plotting summat Tony Bennett - new court date 477442
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Mon 23 Jan - 13:20

Note that the McCanns fund or someone else (heaven forfend it will actually come out of their pockets) is now PAYING Carter-Ruck. This is NOT on a no win no fee basis this time.

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 23 Jan - 13:25

My first thought is that Brian Kennedy (not Kate's uncle) might be footing the bill as he isn't short of a shilling as my mother would have said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 23 Jan - 13:28

Are they playing for time, awaiting the outcome of the Lisbon trial before embarking on the next one?
In terms of financial repercussions or evidential amendments?
Or both?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 23 Jan - 13:52

pennylane wrote:What dirty tricks are the gruesome twosome up to now with this postponement following GA's postponement?

Could the two postponements be linked, as in: after Dr. Amaral had his appeal case postponed they had to find a trick way to get the hearing of the case against Tony Bennett postponed as well, because they want them to clash? Why would they want them to clash? Perhaps it's a PR thing; focus media attention on the Bennett case using press releases and articles to divert attention away from what goes on in Portugal. Why is it so important to do this? Because the Bennett case holds no surprises and they want to create an intimidating example, whereas in the Amaral case - surprises could be in store. Desperate times then and 'legal' intimidation at its worst.

McCanns are turning out to be as serious a threat to free speech, the media and the Internet as the Chinese government are. I hope that many people's resolve to leave them no peace until their part in all this has been exposed and a stop has been put to their machinations will be strengthened by this obvious attempt to restrict freedom and threaten the very livelihood of someone who doesn't buy their story and isn't afraid to question them publicly.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 23 Jan - 14:03

T4two wrote:

Could the two postponements be linked, as in: after Dr. Amaral had his appeal case postponed they had to find a trick way to get the hearing of the case against Tony Bennett postponed as well, because they want them to clash? Why would they want them to clash? Perhaps it's a PR thing; focus media attention on the Bennett case using press releases and articles to divert attention away from what goes on in Portugal. Why is it so important to do this? Because the Bennett case holds no surprises and they want to create an intimidating example, whereas in the Amaral case - surprises could be in store. Desperate times then and 'legal' intimidation at its worst.

McCanns are turning out to be as serious a threat to free speech, the media and the Internet as the Chinese government are. I hope that many people's resolve to leave them no peace until their part in all this has been exposed and a stop has been put to their machinations will be strengthened by this obvious attempt to restrict freedom and threaten the very livelihood of someone who doesn't buy their story and isn't afraid to question them publicly.
great post Tony Bennett - new court date 307691
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 23 Jan - 16:00

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I think that, among the many things that Carter-Ruck have objected to, there was Tony publicising the 48 questions that Kate refused to answer. At the time the same questions were also available on the BBC website!

You really couldn't make any of this up.

I think you are right about those questions and about the BBC's web site. Still on the Daily Mail web site:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041635/The-48-questions-Kate-McCann-wouldnt-answer--did.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7542939.stm

The Metro doesn't list them, but refers to a few of them:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/250103-questions-kate-mccann-wouldnt-answer
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 23 Jan - 16:32

IMO this has everything to do with Amaral changing his trial date, the McCanns can't pull out of either now after all the threats they have dished out against Bennet and Amaral they have no choice but to carry on, my money is on it clashing with the Amaral case, so the McCanns dont have to be in court to face Snr Amaral in April as they are busy defending themselfs in the UK.

Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Mon 23 Jan - 16:33; edited 1 time in total
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Mon 23 Jan - 16:32

T4two you ask ----Could the two postponements be linked

Postponements are continually happening so I dont think so, the justice system in this country stinks and I'm not sure it it works in the interest of the innocent. One case I was a witness in was adjourned three times and twice I made my way to the court only to be met, by the policeman involved, and told very casually oh its been cancelled. Cases can be cancelled at a minutes notice and are.
Having been called for jury service - all I can say is that it is a fiasco. They seemed unable to work out how many cases were being heard and how many jurors they needed after two days of sitting round and only one case being heard we were asked who wanted to stay and who wanted to leave. the outcome was all the unemployed who could claim expenses wanted to stay and all the others who were losing money by being there wanted to leave, and I'm sorry to say pensioners who didnt rate expenses were in the first rush to the door.

I dont bank on TB receiving the justice he deserves as Carter Muck do seem to be very influential and the old boys network will be at work in the courts. I do wish him all the best though as he has never wavered in his beliefs.
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 23 Jan - 16:35

I cant see how TB can be sued for something that is all over the net, however the "old school" work this imo will be hard to pin on Tony Bennet.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 23 Jan - 16:50

amber wrote:T4two you ask ----Could the two postponements be linked

Postponements are continually happening so I dont think so, the justice system in this country stinks and I'm not sure it it works in the interest of the innocent. One case I was a witness in was adjourned three times and twice I made my way to the court only to be met, by the policeman involved, and told very casually oh its been cancelled. Cases can be cancelled at a minutes notice and are.
Having been called for jury service - all I can say is that it is a fiasco. They seemed unable to work out how many cases were being heard and how many jurors they needed after two days of sitting round and only one case being heard we were asked who wanted to stay and who wanted to leave. the outcome was all the unemployed who could claim expenses wanted to stay and all the others who were losing money by being there wanted to leave, and I'm sorry to say pensioners who didnt rate expenses were in the first rush to the door.

I dont bank on TB receiving the justice he deserves as Carter Muck do seem to be very influential and the old boys network will be at work in the courts. I do wish him all the best though as he has never wavered in his beliefs.

The postponement was caused by the McCanns calling for a Directions/Procedure hearing on Fenruary 8 thereby making it necessary for the full hearing to be postponed. Therefore the postpnement has most definitely been caused by the McCanns' themselves and has absolutely nothing to do with the justice system or postponements in general. IMO this is a tactical move by McCanns/solitors. I am wondering why they have made it.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 23 Jan - 16:52

Lillyofthevalley wrote:IMO this has everything to do with Amaral changing his trial date, the McCanns can't pull out of either now after all the threats they have dished out against Bennet and Amaral they have no choice but to carry on, my money is on it clashing with the Amaral case, so the McCanns dont have to be in court to face Snr Amaral in April as they are busy defending themselfs in the UK.

That was actually my first thought too, Lilly!

If this is the case... that's bad news for sleazy TM, because who knows what may happen to scupper the next of their strategically planned court dates?

Surely two or three can play at that game! Tony Bennett - new court date 192282
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Mon 23 Jan - 17:05

T4two wrote:

The postponement was caused by the McCanns calling for a Directions/Procedure hearing on Fenruary 8 thereby making it necessary for the full hearing to be postponed. Therefore the postpnement has most definitely been caused by the McCanns' themselves and has absolutely nothing to do with the justice system or postponements in general. IMO this is a tactical move by McCanns/solitors. I am wondering why they have made it.

You're spot on then and it could be if they are in an English court then they cannot be in Portugal. carter muck is certainly earning the dirty money the McCanns are giving them
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 23 Jan - 17:23

somebody please tell me what a Directions?procedure hearing is, does someone know.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 23 Jan - 17:25

amber wrote:
T4two wrote:

You're spot on then and it could be if they are in an English court then they cannot be in Portugal. carter muck is certainly earning the dirty money the McCanns are giving them

Not an expert on this kind of thing by any means amber, so I'm really speculating or thinking aloud. It does seem to me that a McCann/legal team tactic is to threaten relatively financially vunerable people with complete ruin. For example, having taken away Dr. Amaral's means of livelihood they continue to defy the court which subsequently overturned their injuction, therby inflicting maximum damage on the defendant. This 'prolonging the agony' tactic could also be being applied in Mr. Bennett's case. The threat of ruinous legal action alone is as good as anything; therefore you don't need a court case to shut people up, just an impending one, if you see what I mean.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 23 Jan - 17:30

tanszi wrote:somebody please tell me what a Directions?procedure hearing is, does someone know.

Hope this helps, but I have to admit that I'm still not certain.

http://www.gillhams.com/dictionary/566.cfm
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next