Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bennett - new court date

+22
T4two
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
Annabel
marxman
Autumn
gillyspot
Bobsy
ProfessorPlum
ELI
kitti
fred
Lillyofthevalley
jay2001
Oldartform
margaret
aqeleega
pennylane
matthew
amber
tanszi
almostgothic
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tony Bennett - new court date - Page 3 Empty Re: Tony Bennett - new court date

Post  margaret Wed 25 Jan - 18:12

Oldartform wrote:Couldn`t Mike Gunnill`s actions be considered as `entrapment`. The Wiki references mainly refer to Police entrapment, but there is a piece under Wiki`s `Agent Provocateur` Common Usage :-

"Agent provocateur activities raise ethical and legal issues. In common law jurisdictions, the legal concept of entrapment may apply if the main impetus for the crime was the provocateur."

But hopefully TB has sussed this one.

That's exactly what l think. It's a shame Tony doesn't have the funds to pursue whether there's a link to CR and Gunnill before that phone call.

At least Tony is honest, he could have denied it and it would have been his word against Gunnills.

Wonder if Gunnill received any blood money for his dirty deed.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Tony Bennett - new court date - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett - new court date - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfessorPlum Wed 25 Jan - 18:14

Should it matter what name was used though? Isnt the point that TB had undertaken NOT to distribute, by any means, the booklet thereby breeching a court undertaking?
ProfessorPlum
ProfessorPlum
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 139
Warning :
Tony Bennett - new court date - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett - new court date - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 25 Jan - 19:00

ProfessorPlum wrote:Should it matter what name was used though? Isnt the point that TB had undertaken NOT to distribute, by any means, the booklet thereby breeching a court undertaking?

Accepted, but I think it weakens the prosecution case.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 25 Jan - 19:21

pennylane wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:Tony is small fry and can't really fight back (as Tony said "I have made an offer to the McCanns which I am not at liberty to disclose" obviously it wasn't enough for the McCanns) but Richard Desmond surely has his own axe to grind regarding the McCanns, he has the money and the power.

Good morning Lilly,

I wouldn't blame Mr Bennett for making an offer to the McScams at this juncture. Whilst I am hugely in awe of his efforts, I think the risks are enormous... especially having seen the sickeningly biased rubbish being spouted at the Leveson inquiry where the McCanns are concerned!

Dear Mr/s McC, I apologise as I now believe all your lies are true. Tony Bennett - new court date - Page 3 Sarcastic
Hi Pennylane sorry for the late reply, yes I agree the risks certainly are enormous as you say, but can the McCanns be seen to be putting a pentioner in prison for repeating what is in the police files, will the papers pick up and start to turn on the McCanns?? I think if they win this case against TB imo its going to come back and bite them on their ar** will the media start to delve into the police files to find out what Bennets gripe is.........I hope so.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Wed 25 Jan - 19:22

ProfessorPlum wrote:Should it matter what name was used though? Isnt the point that TB had undertaken NOT to distribute, by any means, the booklet thereby breeching a court undertaking?

Perhaps not, but is TB alledged to have sold this book to MG or was it another named person, be it Mike G. or not using a different name? I can't see how anyone can claim to have recieved a book using one name and then claim to be someone else - ie someone with a different name.
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Jan - 20:03

Oldartform wrote:Couldn`t Mike Gunnill`s actions be considered as `entrapment`. The Wiki references mainly refer to Police entrapment, but there is a piece under Wiki`s `Agent Provocateur` Common Usage :-

"Agent provocateur activities raise ethical and legal issues. In common law jurisdictions, the legal concept of entrapment may apply if the main impetus for the crime was the provocateur."

But hopefully TB has sussed this one.

If the alleged offender had the intention to commit a crime and was presented with an opportunity, then entrapment is not an acceptable defence. However, if the alleged offender had no intention of committing a crime, but was persuaded by another person, then entrapment is an acceptable defence.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Wed 25 Jan - 20:17

I think Mike Gunnill asked for the book in a false name and then when it was refused he tried again and said it was for research purposes as he was investigating the case. That' swhat I remember, but may be wrong. If tm really are telling the truth why don't they refute/dispute what TB & GB state and ask for 1p instead of millions. Money is the only thing they want imo. It saddens me greatly that this is the case, but that's how it appears. If it was me I'd be shouting from the rooftops what happened, not sue-ing people who are trying to find out the truth of what happened for millions.

I just cannot understand their actions. If you've lost a child money is totally irrelevant.

jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 26 Jan - 0:13

I'm no TB fan. But what the whatever his name lying piece of scum did was disgusting. And very telling of the other side's ways.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 26 Jan - 7:40

Claudia79 wrote:I'm no TB fan. But what the whatever his name lying piece of scum did was disgusting. And very telling of the other side's ways.

I agree. That the lying piece of scum didn't use his real name is very telling.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Jan - 9:15

Ironically he is registered on the J H forum in his own name (Mgunnill) and occasionally logs in - most recently on Tuesday - but he hasn't contributed regularly for over a year. Thank heavens for small mercies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 26 Jan - 9:17

Ive come to the conclusion that whatever happens with Tony he will except it, and the Mccanns will regrest persuing a pensioner, and sending him to prison, Tony WILL come out on top with this.
Once they send Tony to prison for a short period, what do they do next to shut him up, imo they can't shut him up.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 26 Jan - 10:36

Panda wrote:I think I have previously indicated that the McCanns claim I have
breached the undertaking I gave the High Court in November 2009 in 149
instances, once by selling a book to Mike Gunnill, and on 148 other
occasions by words I have used in postings, articles and leaflets
published between January 2010 and August 2011."

Hi Panda, Why did Tony accept the terms/undertaking as per
the High Court judgement on Nov 09? could he not of challenged
it? If it was such a draconian order then I would think that he
had plenty of room to appeal to European Court.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Jan - 11:59

149 words in postings ......

1. Cadaver

2. Death

3. Dogs

4. 40 plus questions...

That's 4 words or more I've used
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 26 Jan - 14:45

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I'm no TB fan. But what the whatever his name lying piece of scum did was disgusting. And very telling of the other side's ways.

I agree. That the lying piece of scum didn't use his real name is very telling.

Exactly!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 27 Jan - 10:37

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Jan - 10:45

It was here, on this forum once, ferretting about and trying to find out people's real names. It tried to find out mine and Ufercoffy rumbled it. Then Antoinette kicked it out. And good riddance.

This, people, is the sort of scum we have had to put up with for the past five years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 27 Jan - 11:09

I would like to know why Debbie butler has turned on him and gone talking to sabot and other pro mccanns And if she has spoken to Mitchell.

I know about the leaflet drop, I would be peeved about it but know body forced her to do it but she has turned for a reason.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Jan - 11:22

kitti wrote:I would like to know why Debbie butler has turned on him and gone talking to sabot and other pro mccanns And if she has spoken to Mitchell.

I know about the leaflet drop, I would be peeved about it but know body forced her to do it but she has turned for a reason.

Yes, Debbie Butler spoke to Mitchell. I remember he saying so herself, at the time. There was no love lost between DB and TB, but to then go talking to Sabot is pretty extreme. There are an awful lot of people out there who are letting their egos, and hatred/jealousy of other people, interfere with their sense of justice for a little missing girl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Fri 27 Jan - 11:37

The book was supposedly bought by a 'Michael Sangerte ', a person who obviously does not exist. I'm sure there must be a legal technicality here somewhere Tony Bennett - new court date - Page 3 294124
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Jan - 13:35

Iris wrote:It was here, on this forum once, ferretting about and trying to find out people's real names. It tried to find out mine and Ufercoffy rumbled it. Then Antoinette kicked it out. And good riddance.

This, people, is the sort of scum we have had to put up with for the past five years.

Mike Gunnill was here once was he? As I've said already he is still currently registered with the Havern site. I've heard that Murat fan found out names and addresses for people on there but not that anyone else did it here. I do know of a sceptic whose Facebook account was hacked into by someone in the Maidstone area and he does suspect Mike G for that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Jan - 14:04

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
Iris wrote:It was here, on this forum once, ferretting about and trying to find out people's real names. It tried to find out mine and Ufercoffy rumbled it. Then Antoinette kicked it out. And good riddance.

Mike Gunnill was here once was he? As I've said already he is still currently registered with the Havern site. I've heard that Murat fan found out names and addresses for people on there but not that anyone else did it here. I do know of a sceptic whose Facebook account was hacked into by someone in the Maidstone area and he does suspect Mike G for that.

Yes, and quite a few of us were fooled by him - at first. He was soon found out for the devious little reptile that he is, though.

In fact, that's being a bit unfair to reptiles. Some of the reptiles I know are actually quite nice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Jan - 14:24

Personally, I don't have a problem with y personal details being available to anyone with a right to know but, believe me, there are some real nutters out there - many of them who think it acceptable to leave young defenceless children at unnecessary risk of all sorts of bad things. And I'm not talking wardrobe monsters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfessorPlum Fri 27 Jan - 17:09

Is TB a pensioner? I didnt think he was 65 yet but with the government changing retirement ages etc who knows lol
ProfessorPlum
ProfessorPlum
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 139
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Jan - 17:36

Tony will be 65 in September.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next