Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

+30
AnnaEsse
dazedandconfused
keepingmum
Annabel
Autumn
Angelique
NoStone
kathybelle
Loopdaloop
welshy
Lioned
almostgothic
cherry1
cass
pennylane
Karen
Lillyofthevalley
Jahbulon
Sara_Rose_
margaret
Chris
gillyspot
nospinnaker
T4two
malena stool
marxman
ELI
Navigator
jinvta
quickfingers
34 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 Empty Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  pennylane Tue 31 Jan - 10:51

Correia da Manha 30 January 2012 (Google translation)

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/arrisca-cadeia-por-assediar-casal-mccann

Lawyer and president of the Madeleine Foundation faces prison for defaming Kate and Gerry

Risks jail for harassing McCanns

Tony Bennett, a retired lawyer who heads a private foundation with the name of Madeleine McCann, Madeleine Foundation, faces a possible prison sentence if found guilty of harassment of Kate and Gerry McCann.

The parents of little Maddie, who disappeared in 2007 in Praia da Luz in the Algarve, sued Tony Bennett the lawyer in attributing the authorship of a smear campaign against them. According to British newspaper said yesterday the 'Sunday Telegraph', the alleged harassment of Kate and Gerry McCann have gone through the release of public leaflets and publications, in which Tony Bennett argues that the couple is allegedly responsible for her death.

The couple sued the lawyer and, at the beginning of February, a British court can decide to order the same prison as well as the payment of compensation, which the lawyer can hardly bear.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 Empty Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  kathybelle Tue 31 Jan - 10:55

I have visited another forum and I came across part of a statement that was made by the Assistant Chief Constable of the Leicestershire Police Force. He said " While both or one of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance."

I wonder if the McCanns sued the A.C.C. of L.P.F. for making that statement? If Tony Bennett or his lawyer, could get hold of a copy of this statement, it could just help Mr Bennett, when his case comes to court. Or am I reading too much into this?

I apologise if someone else has already posted this information, I didn't look at all of the posts in this thread, I made my post quickly, because I have to go out now.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 31 Jan - 11:04

kathybelle wrote:I have visited another forum and I came across part of a statement that was made by the Assistant Chief Constable of the Leicestershire Police Force. He said " While both or one of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance."

I wonder if the McCanns sued the A.C.C. of L.P.F. for making that statement? If Tony Bennett or his lawyer, could get hold of a copy of this statement, it could just help Mr Bennett, when his case comes to court. Or am I reading too much into this?

I apologise if someone else has already posted this information, I didn't look at all of the posts in this thread, I made my post quickly, because I have to go out now.

The statement was made to Justice Hogg at the family court hearing when the McCanns attempted to gain access to the Leicestershire Constabulary files. Btw it's been my signature for quite some time.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 31 Jan - 11:39

kathybelle wrote:I have visited another forum and I came across part of a statement that was made by the Assistant Chief Constable of the Leicestershire Police Force. He said " While both or one of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance."

Thanks kathybelle. A quote definitely worth remembering.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Tue 31 Jan - 11:42

That is one of the quotes that I use when discussing the matter with family. Can anyone remember when it was written?
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 31 Jan - 11:44

nospinnaker wrote:That is one of the quotes that I use when discussing the matter with family. Can anyone remember when it was written?

T4two has mentioned the source a couple of posts up!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Tue 31 Jan - 11:56

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Tue 31 Jan - 11:59

http://littlemorsals.blogspot.com/2011/05/piers-morgan-interview-with-mccanns-may.html

page 316 of Kate’s book...

When Gerry and Kate McCann were refused access to most of the police files, the assistant chief constable for Leicestershire police gave this written statement to explain why they had been refused: (in Kate’s words...page 316 of her book):

“While one or both of them may be innocent there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.”

It’s a mystery why Kate would print something that appears as incriminating as this, but she must have her reasons even though I may not personally understand them at the moment. The files they were given (again in Kate’s words – on the same page): “Having to withdraw was quite galling, especially as the eighty-one items disclosed to us included trivial details that our family had passed on to the police in the first place.”
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Tue 31 Jan - 12:03

It was the date I was interested in.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 31 Jan - 12:17

nospinnaker wrote:It was the date I was interested in.

It's a long article.

Monday 07 July 2008

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mccanns-drop-court-action-as-police-release-files-861524.html?action=Popup

Police agreed today to hand over evidence about Madeleine McCann's disappearance to her parents.

As a result, Kate and Gerry McCann dropped their High Court bid to force disclosure of the information held by Leicestershire police.

The force has been involved in the search for Madeleine since shortly after she disappeared 14 months ago.

The parents, who wanted to avoid a legal conflict with the police or other agencies while at the same time obtaining as much material as possible to help in their continuing search, were content to withdraw their case.

Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell, speaking on the steps of the High Court in London, welcomed the move.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 31 Jan - 12:28

All this sueing by the mccanns is really sickening
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Tue 31 Jan - 12:36

I agree JD16. Perhaps they could try to speak to those who disbelieve them and give explanations for peoples questions. It appears to me that after Sexism, Racism, Homophobia etc we are now getting McCannism. Seemingly it is not politically correct to doubt their stories even if they don't add up one iota.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Jan - 12:45

Yes I think that, in years to come, "doing a McCann" and being "Carter-Rucked" will be officially recognised as terms used when people in authority are trying to cover up their misdeeds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 31 Jan - 12:59

Annabel wrote:

page 316 of Kate’s book...

When Gerry and Kate McCann were refused access to most of the police files, the assistant chief constable for Leicestershire police gave this written statement to explain why they had been refused: (in Kate’s words...page 316 of her book):

“While one or both of them may be innocent there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.”

It’s a mystery why Kate would print something that appears as incriminating as this, but she must have her reasons even though I may not personally understand them at the moment. The files they were given (again in Kate’s words – on the same page): “Having to withdraw was quite galling, especially as the eighty-one items disclosed to us included trivial details that our family had passed on to the police in the first place.”

Surely if LPP are saying it and kate mccann herself is printing it in her bewk ".....there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.”, then no judge can rule against any member of the public from purporting a theory from the facts, however they do it. leaflets or not. Leaflets is a form of communication just like the internet or reading a paper
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 31 Jan - 13:03

AnnaEsse wrote:

It's a long article.

Monday 07 July 2008

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mccanns-drop-court-action-as-police-release-files-861524.html?action=Popup

Police agreed today to hand over evidence about Madeleine McCann's disappearance to her parents.

As a result, Kate and Gerry McCann dropped their High Court bid to force disclosure of the information held by Leicestershire police.

The force has been involved in the search for Madeleine since shortly after she disappeared 14 months ago.

The parents, who wanted to avoid a legal conflict with the police or other agencies while at the same time obtaining as much material as possible to help in their continuing search, were content to withdraw their case.

Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell, speaking on the steps of the High Court in London, welcomed the move.

Clarrie's comment is the ultimate in spinning. LP released virtually nothing that they didn't already have or could obtain.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 31 Jan - 13:51

Chris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

It's a long article.

Monday 07 July 2008

Clarrie's comment is the ultimate in spinning. LP released virtually nothing that they didn't already have or could obtain.

So, the McCanns were content? In her book, Kate said it was 'galling.'

Their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said outside court the couple would very much welcome the 80 pieces of information which the police had agreed to release.

"These are 80 potential new leads. We have information we can work on," he said.

Again, not what Kate said in her book!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 31 Jan - 16:58

Anorak has a new article (under the "Madeleine McCann" tab) "Madeleine McCann: Is Tony Bennett Going To Jail?". It's interesting that comments are not allowed but there are 5 posts in the "Forum" section re "Madeleine", "Retired lawyer faces jail for 'harassing' Kate and Gerry McCann".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Fri 3 Feb - 11:09

An update re Tony Bennett's Court Case

THE HEARING ON 8 FEBRUARY WILL BEGIN IN OPEN COURT, BUT EITHER PARTY COULD APPLY FOR IT TO BE HEARD IN PRIVATE

I clarified the position this morning regarding whether this hearing will be in open court or in chambers (in private), by speaking to Mr James Tipp, Deputy Court Manager in the Queen's Bench Division Listing Office.

Appaently Case Management Hearings are normally held in chambers (in private), but this particular Case Management Hearing is definitely listed as being in open court.

However, for the sake of completeness, Mr Tipp has pointed out that, at the beginning of the hearing, either party could make an application for the remainder of the hearing to be conducted in private. If they do, the Judge ['Master'] would then consider that application on its merits, after listening to any argument as to why the hearing should be held in private instead of in open court.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4280p20-contempt-hearing-8-feb-will-be-in-open-court-anyone-can-attend
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 11:20

Perfectly normal procedure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Fri 3 Feb - 12:09

No prizes for guessing where this came from. Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 23324

"I SHOULD THINK BENNETT AND HIS ASSORTED OBSESSIONS HAVE COST THE BRITISH TAXPAYER MORE THAN HAS SO FAR BEEN SPENT ON THE YARD'S EFFORTS TO FIND A MISSING CHILD."

"So I suggest a period of silence on the subject from the hounders and forkers would be appropriate."

And I suggest you **** off!
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 3 Feb - 12:15

Sara_Rose_ wrote:No prizes for guessing where this came from. Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 23324

"I SHOULD THINK BENNETT AND HIS ASSORTED OBSESSIONS HAVE COST THE BRITISH TAXPAYER MORE THAN HAS SO FAR BEEN SPENT ON THE YARD'S EFFORTS TO FIND A MISSING CHILD."

"So I suggest a period of silence on the subject from the hounders and forkers would be appropriate."

And I suggest you **** off!

From the dark side??

Hilarious, they really think Tony Bennett has cost the taxpayer much more than £2 million? Erm, where?? Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 23324
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 3 Feb - 12:24

Just proves how totally brain dead & uninformed these pro's are and not worth the time of day reading anything they have to say
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 12:29

If they had a brain cell to share, they'd be dangerous!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 12:40

Let's hope that the writer of these words of wisdom will provide a statement of accounts (as transparent as those of the Madeleine Fund) to show how Tony has run up a vast bill for taxpayers.

Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 306321 to everyone on the dark side, you do brighten up our lives sometimes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Fri 3 Feb - 13:00

I can give a little clue to the 'author' of those comments?

Begins with BB? Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph - Page 3 23324
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next