Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel

+12
ann_chovey
gillyspot
Loopdaloop
jd16
cherry1
Chris
pennylane
Panda
Lioned
kitti
Wintabells
chrissie1
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 Empty Re: Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel

Post  Chris Sat 4 Feb - 15:44

jd16 wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Hi Jd16, I think you may be right, however it is certainly a fact that very often witnesses don't come forward initially for all kinds of reasons.

I agree this is true but the relevance and the timing of it does not feel right to me

The Sky news report that gillypsot just posted...."The Smith family's suspicions were aroused because the man made no response when they asked if the barefoot child was asleep" I don't recall Smith saying this in his statement. This news report to me looks to be fabricated in many parts of it and is not how I read the Smith statement

Just to add to the mix, something I posted last night on the Smith topic (may as well put it here too now as we are talking about it). Just as an observation, Smith mentions in his statement that when he saw Murat the year previous 'He was not wearing glasses at this time' which I find an odd thing to say considering he is also saying he did not know him and had only seen a few times in a bar the previous year....why would Murats wearing of glasses be on his mind to state in police statement? especially when at this point of the statement he was not describing him. His description of who he saw mentions no wearing of glasses. And when you add to this that jane tanners sighting and released sketches of whom she saw like the ‘egg man’ sketch of the alleged abductor that Tanner had approved, these various alleged abductors do not wear glasses

On 13 May, Tanner was taken by a Leicestershire Police Officer, Bob Small, into a police van with darkened windows, from where she could see passers-by. Amongst those who walked by whilst she was hidden with police officers in the van was Robert Murat. She apparently instantly identified Murat as the probable abductor she had seen a few nights previously. Crucially, Robert Murat has poor eyesight and wears glasses all the time. However, when Tanner was asked to give a description of the abductor she claimed to have seen, she did not mention his wearing glasses.

Don't know exactly what I am saying here but something odd strikes me about the glasses mentioning and non mentioning of them

...why hasn't he mentioned the glasses in this sky report but does make a point of them in his statement?

It is possible Smith was shown a photograph of Murat (with glasses) - Was this the man? Do you know him? His response about glasses then makes sense if he saw him in the flesh without glasses.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 4 Feb - 16:28

cherry1 wrote:I would tend to agree Penny, I havent seen anything which suggests to me he is not
telling the truth.

I'm still concerned that it appears the following was left out of Peter Smith's statement.

a) that the Smith family know the son of the person who built the Estrela da Luz complex and
b) that the son was with them at the airport on a flight to return home.

If, as the article states, Pamalam added the details later then where can the revised statement be found?

Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 4 Feb - 16:56

Hi Autumn, see my posting at 11.36pm yesterday, that was the revised statement I found on MCF
revised by Ines, is that the one you mean?
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 4 Feb - 17:09

cherry1 wrote:could it have been a mistake by Sky that they reported he spoke to the man, as you say in the statements just says the man didnt say anything.

I don't see it a mistake on Skys part because they say the words "...when they asked if the barefoot child was asleep"...its not a typo error and they said he asked and what he asked. Where did they got this info from as Smith didn't say it in his statement....one can guess by this stage in 2008, mccann spun...Trying to think of a motive as to why

Autumn, Pamalam is on this forum so when she comes on she can tell us, or you could PM her

It is possible Smith was shown a photograph of Murat (with glasses) - Was this the man? Do you know him? His response about glasses then makes sense if he saw him in the flesh without glasses.
True this would make sense and I would have thought he would be shown pictures from the PJ

jane tanner, well how can she id Murat when her descriptions of the abductor never wore glasses...she scored an own goal there!

jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 4 Feb - 17:30

It's certainly a mystery jd16, and one that needs to be cleared up
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 6 Feb - 15:06

As far as I was aware the Oceanico Group had ceased to trade because of cashflow problems. They have a partially completed golf course with multi-million euros houses and apartments for sale near to me.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Mon 6 Feb - 15:21

Keela wrote:As far as I was aware the Oceanico Group had ceased to trade because of cashflow problems. They have a partially completed golf course with multi-million euros houses and apartments for sale near to me.

who has very keen interests in playing golf I wonder??? Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 25346
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 6 Feb - 16:38

Keela wrote:As far as I was aware the Oceanico Group had ceased to trade because of cashflow problems. They have a partially completed golf course with multi-million euros houses and apartments for sale near to me.
THERE WAS A FALSE REPORT A FEW YEARS AGO ON FORUMS THAT THEY WERE IN TROUBLE,FALSE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Mon 6 Feb - 17:45

Autumn wrote:
THE detective who led the initial investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance believes her abductor was caught on camera – but revealed that the film was wiped before detectives saw it........
The camera belongs to the Estrela da Luz resort hotel. “I believe that the person carrying a child in his arms was captured on film from that very camera,” he said......

“I asked my officers to gather all the CCTV footage in Luz but, by the time they got to this hotel, the film from this camera had been wiped over. It was a mistake and I will always regret it. I do feel Madeleine was let down.” .........
see full article at:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/210032/Madeleine-McCann-Did-the-camera-hold-vital-clue

Did someone from the hotel resort Estrela da Luz wipe the tape?

There is a big problem with film in the past century. Reverse chronologically the things that did appear on film, however there was some sort of problem have included... The 'plane' that hit the Pentagon, Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster and lots and lots of UFO's and now the abuductor! Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 678246
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Mon 6 Feb - 17:51

jd16 wrote:

who has very keen interests in playing golf I wonder??? Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 25346

That's always puzzled me why certain people didn't think to play golf whilst in PDL seeing as they are so keen on the sport. Imagine not playing golf when there are world class courses on your doorstep.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Mon 6 Feb - 20:17

Badboy wrote:
THERE WAS A FALSE REPORT A FEW YEARS AGO ON FORUMS THAT THEY WERE IN TROUBLE,FALSE.

Looking for the perfect recipe for a golfing paradise? Take two lateral thinking accountants with capital and an idea; mix with more annual sunshine than California; add the cachet of Nick Faldo and Christy O’Connor Jnr; blend with Darren Clarke and sprinkle with the flair of landscape designer Diarmuid Gavin and hey presto, you’ve got Oceanico Golf.

Now boasting five golf courses, Vilamoura proved to be irresistible to property developers Fagan and Burgess, who had already made plans to break directly into the golf business by commissioning Christy O’Connor Jnr and Nick Faldo to build the 36-hole, 640-acre Amendoeira Golf and Leisure Resort in the district of Silves, just 35 minutes from Faro airport.

“At the end of the day, actually, things were easy enough. The price - €125 million - was a very good one and Andre was happy with it. He’s involved in a very big development just above Lisbon and I think he just felt it was time to concentrate his energies there. He’s just got permission for a development of 400,000 square metres, and Andre is a great man for moving on.

Fagan and Manchester native Burgess are obviously well-respected by Jordan, who was presented with a Waterford Crystal decanter and glasses at the official signing of a deal that boosts Oceanico’s golf and property portfolio beyond €2 billion.

Fagan said - “I’m 54 years of age and from Mary’s Street in Drogheda,” he explained. “My dad, Dessie, was a timber yard manager - he’s 91 and still going strong. He was a great footballer in his day, he was captain of Drogheda United for 20 years and played with them in three FAI Junior Cup finals, but, unfortunately, didn’t win any of them.

“I was, for 25 years, a shareholder and director of the Campbell Bewley Group - I eventually became managing director. I joined the group when I was 18 and when I finally left I moved my shares.

Full article link:
http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2007/3/5/gerry-fagan-and-the-125-million-deal.html

Sounds like Oceanico Golf is a very lucrative business.

Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 Faganburgess

Gerry Fagan is the one on the right...don't know who the other two are.

Last edited by Autumn on Mon 6 Feb - 20:48; edited 1 time in total
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 6 Feb - 20:36

Darren Clarke centre I think.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Mon 6 Feb - 20:54

ann_chovey wrote:

Thanks ann, maybe the other guy is Fagan's business partner Simon Burgess Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 182123
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 6 Feb - 23:01

Autumn wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:

Thanks ann, maybe the other guy is Fagan's business partner Simon Burgess Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 182123
I THINK I HAVE MENTIONED IT BEFORE,SIMON BURGESS COME FROM NORTHWICH,CHESHIRE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Mon 6 Feb - 23:20

Autumn wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:

Yes I think you're right Autumn. Defintely looks like him. There's an article in the Algarve Resident with a photo of Fagan & Burgess. Sorry not able to post links yet.

Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 7 Feb - 14:44

Autumn wrote:
Badboy wrote:

Looking for the perfect recipe for a golfing paradise? Take two lateral thinking accountants with capital and an idea; mix with more annual sunshine than California; add the cachet of Nick Faldo and Christy O’Connor Jnr; blend with Darren Clarke and sprinkle with the flair of landscape designer Diarmuid Gavin and hey presto, you’ve got Oceanico Golf.

Now boasting five golf courses, Vilamoura proved to be irresistible to property developers Fagan and Burgess, who had already made plans to break directly into the golf business by commissioning Christy O’Connor Jnr and Nick Faldo to build the 36-hole, 640-acre Amendoeira Golf and Leisure Resort in the district of Silves, just 35 minutes from Faro airport.

“At the end of the day, actually, things were easy enough. The price - €125 million - was a very good one and Andre was happy with it. He’s involved in a very big development just above Lisbon and I think he just felt it was time to concentrate his energies there. He’s just got permission for a development of 400,000 square metres, and Andre is a great man for moving on.

Fagan and Manchester native Burgess are obviously well-respected by Jordan, who was presented with a Waterford Crystal decanter and glasses at the official signing of a deal that boosts Oceanico’s golf and property portfolio beyond €2 billion.

Fagan said - “I’m 54 years of age and from Mary’s Street in Drogheda,” he explained. “My dad, Dessie, was a timber yard manager - he’s 91 and still going strong. He was a great footballer in his day, he was captain of Drogheda United for 20 years and played with them in three FAI Junior Cup finals, but, unfortunately, didn’t win any of them.

“I was, for 25 years, a shareholder and director of the Campbell Bewley Group - I eventually became managing director. I joined the group when I was 18 and when I finally left I moved my shares.

Full article link:
http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2007/3/5/gerry-fagan-and-the-125-million-deal.html

Sounds like Oceanico Golf is a very lucrative business.

Estrela da Luz Resort Hotel - Page 3 Faganburgess

Gerry Fagan is the one on the right...don't know who the other two are.

The Amendoeira Golf Course is the one which is near to me. No-one plays there and the houses and apartments are still all partially finished and obviously not occupied. I actually know of other developments which have ground to a halt. I don't think that the question of the company not trading is a forum myth. I know of one employee who left about 3 years ago because the company was in trouble.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3