Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

+16
jejune
Chris
malena stool
tigger
jd16
frencheuropean
Lioned
wjk
dazedandconfused
Angelique
gillyspot
matthew
the slave
pennylane
Badboy
Wintabells
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Empty Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Post  jejune Thu 9 Feb - 22:08

http://newsoftheworldonline.eu/2011-09-07-16-23-10/madeleine-mccann-book/139-madeleine-mccann-book/2361-madeleine-mccann-the-forbidden-investigation-2

"Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation was written by former
police detective Gonçalo Amaral, who led the Madeleine investigation in
the first five months after the three-year-old's disappearance from a
holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in October 2007.

We at NOTW Online have considerable sympathy for the McCann family
who have obviously suffered terribly from this tragedy. We have no views
and can offer no theory behind the disappearance of young Madeleine -
that is not our role.

What we believe however, is that as responsible publishers we must
allow the reader the option of deciding. It is for this purpose that we
have elected to publish the view of former Portuguese police detective
Gonçalo Amaral.

The book, originally written in Portuguese, has been translated into
English. We neither affirm nor deny the contents of the book, but we at
NOTW Online have the duty of delivering news and support the right for
English speaking people to read it and decide the truth for themselves.

Our hope is that one day, this young girl will walk back into the lives of her family."

I came across this by accident, when googling about another missing child case. I didn't even know that the News of the World was still going, in an online form. Is this the first UK media to feature Goncalo Amaral's book? If so, good for them Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 307691.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :
Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Post  Chris Thu 9 Feb - 22:12

Oh dear!
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Post  Wintabells Thu 9 Feb - 22:19

Last edited by Wintabells on Thu 9 Feb - 22:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong thread)
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 9 Feb - 22:23

IS THIS A NEW BOOK?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 9 Feb - 22:24

Brilliant find jejune Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 307691

No it is the "Truth of the Lie" Badboy.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 9 Feb - 22:26

gillyspot wrote:Brilliant find jejune Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 307691

No it is the "Truth of the Lie" Badboy.
THANKS,FORGOT THE NAME OF HIS BOOK.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 9 Feb - 22:29

The book, originally written in Portuguese, has been translated into
English. We neither affirm nor deny the contents of the book, but we at
NOTW Online have the duty of delivering news and support the right for
English speaking people to read it and decide the truth for themselves.

That bit made me spit my tea over my keyboard. Better late than never I suppose.

Wow, I was gobsmacked when I clicked on the link and saw the whole story there!

Jolly good find jejune! Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 9 Feb - 22:40

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 9 Feb - 22:45

That is my translation of the book! What a cheek! Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 868596
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 9 Feb - 22:49

AnnaEsse wrote:That is my translation of the book! What a cheek! Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 868596

I bet di Stefano hasn't got "permission" to use the NOTW banner either but then he was never one to be too bothered about what others think.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Thu 9 Feb - 23:28

Is this for real???????????????
If it is it's a Bombshell and no mistake.
No place to hide now Dave & Fiona.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 9 Feb - 23:43

How can this be helpfull for the mccanns in their continued search? Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 25346

seems to be a lot of unhelpfulness lately within the media...is this case finally going to see a conclusion soon?...positive answers only Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 944533

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 9 Feb - 23:44

It isn't the real NOTW of course it is run by Gianno Di Stefano who has a checkered past & present
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 10 Feb - 3:18

Maybe the trademark NOTW was up for grabs so he grabbed it!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Feb - 8:48

Reminded yet again of the astonishing similarity between David Payne and Robert Murat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 10 Feb - 10:12

What is really interesting is the fact that this summary has been running openly for 4 months in the NOTW and, apparently, the McCann and Carter Ruck didn't try or succed to suppress it.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Feb - 10:22

frencheuropean wrote:What is really interesting is the fact that this summary has been running openly for 4 months in the NOTW and, apparently, the McCann and Carter Ruck didn't try or succed to suppress it.

Or this.

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose'

By Gary Cleland

7:00AM BST 14 Sep 2007

Madeleine McCann died from an overdose of sleeping tablets, reports in a French newspaper claimed yesterday.

Tycoons withdraw support for McCanns
Madeleine's parents seek top PR figure
In full: The Madeleine McCann case

Guilhem Battut, an investigative reporter for the French tabloid France Soir, said Portuguese police had given prosecutors a file detailing how they thought Madeleine had died.

Battut - an experienced journalist who has worked on a number of major inquiries - claims police believe that evidence found in the McCanns' hire car will "prove that the little girl had ingested medicines, without doubt sleeping pills, in large quantities".

A source at the newspaper claimed: "We are not simply repeating rumours carried in other papers. This is not a theory, but a fact contained in hard evidence in the hands of the Portuguese authorities.

"It is all very well putting theories and opinions forward, but in the end this case will be decided on evidence. As journalists, we have been trying to establish what evidence is available."

DNA evidence which has reportedly been found in the hire car includes hair, blood and bodily fluids which match Madeleine's.

Police are said to want to examine the vehicle again. It is currently being kept in a safe place by the family who are considering having their own tests carried out on it as they strive to prove their innocence.

Portuguese police are said to be drawing up a list of 40 new questions that they want to put to Mrs McCann. But British forensic experts expressed doubts over the claim.

Alan Baker, of the independent forensic science organisation Bericon, said: "These samples are likely to be far from ideal. If it is just a smear or dried deposit you could detect the drug but not how much."

Last night friends of the family dismissed the latest speculation. Gerry McCann reportedly told a friend: "There are large craters in every one of these theories, in these ludicrous accusations.'

"As far as Kate and I are concerned there is no evidence to suggest that Madeleine is dead. We are 100 per cent together on this, not one grain of suspicion about each other."

A close friend of Mrs McCann's said: "She is a gentle mother who loves her children very much.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563090/Madeleine-McCann-died-from-overdose.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 10 Feb - 10:34

frencheuropean wrote:What is really interesting is the fact that this summary has been running openly for 4 months in the NOTW and, apparently, the McCann and Carter Ruck didn't try or succed to suppress it.

They might now they know we know.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Feb - 10:39

It is, of course, quite possible (nay, probable) that they or their cohorts do know about virtually all of the media (including Forums, as well as Blogs, Web Sites etc.) that do not slavishly swallow their every word.

But even the Fund and the goodwill of Carter Ruck have limits - Surely any sanctions are best applied judiciously, rather than simply being obliged to sue or obtain injunctions against every unfavourable source?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 10 Feb - 10:48

I'm not clever enough to trace when a website has started up. How long has this one be up and running?
Wouldn't Murdoch object to his domain name being used? Or did he sell it on with the unusual .eu . Murdoch is clever and has very good advisors - he won't take a defeat lying down. So if this website is post NOTW demise I'd say that it was with Murdoch's blessing. Wouldn't be surprised if he relaunched the hard copy in a few years time.

I'm hoping that the media now will publish what they know, not what they are told.
DE in particular has grounds for resenting TM after the large compensation they paid them, published nothing but what was sanctioned by TM and now they've been taken to task again.

I may well be entirely wrong of course, it's just a thought and I thought domain names were protected.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Feb - 10:58

• Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Icon_multiquote_off_en
  • Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Mm_q1010

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Empty Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Empty jejune Yesterday at 22:08
http://newsoftheworldonline.eu/2011-09-07-16-23-10/madeleine-mccann-book/139-madeleine-mccann-book/2361-madeleine-mccann-the-forbidden-investigation-2

"Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Am I being thick or not? don't answer that Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 294124 All I wanted to ask is.....The Forbidden Investigation....is that another Book weitten by Amaral or
a NOTW Headline?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 10 Feb - 10:59

tigger wrote:

I'm not clever enough to trace when a website has started up. How long has this one be up and running?
Wouldn't Murdoch object to his domain name being used? Or did he sell it on with the unusual .eu . Murdoch is clever and has very good advisors - he won't take a defeat lying down. So if this website is post NOTW demise I'd say that it was with Murdoch's blessing. Wouldn't be surprised if he relaunched the hard copy in a few years time.

I'm hoping that the media now will publish what they know, not what they are told.
DE in particular has grounds for resenting TM after the large compensation they paid them, published nothing but what was sanctioned by TM and now they've been taken to task again.

I may well be entirely wrong of course, it's just a thought and I thought domain names were protected.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2011/07/24/devil-s-advocate-giovanni-di-stefano-sets-up-online-version-of-the-news-of-the-world-86908-23293821/

While it is probable the NOTW registered a number of permutations the addition of "online" and using an .eu address the domain was clearly available. I would have thought a passing off attack would still be a possibility. Maybe NI don't care considering the name is tarnished.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 10 Feb - 11:01

In the link provided at the beginning of the tread, it's written : 2011-09-07.
And they say they will publish one chapter every wednesday and sundays. September 2011? 5 months?
But 2 chapters a week, it should be finished by now or?
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 10 Feb - 11:11

Good discovery jejune Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 463742
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 10 Feb - 12:44

Panda wrote:

• Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Icon_multiquote_off_en
  • Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Mm_q1010

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation Empty jejune Yesterday at 22:08

"Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Am I being thick or not? don't answer that Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 294124 All I wanted to ask is.....The Forbidden Investigation....is that another Book weitten by Amaral or
a NOTW Headline?

Well I thought it was his second book but I'm not sure Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation 303636
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next