Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

+16
jejune
Chris
malena stool
tigger
jd16
frencheuropean
Lioned
wjk
dazedandconfused
Angelique
gillyspot
matthew
the slave
pennylane
Badboy
Wintabells
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Post  Guest Fri 10 Feb - 13:05

The second book was called The English Gag iirc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 10 Feb - 13:11

Panda wrote:

• Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Icon_multiquote_off_en
  • Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Mm_q1010

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Empty Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Empty jejune Yesterday at 22:08
http://newsoftheworldonline.eu/2011-09-07-16-23-10/madeleine-mccann-book/139-madeleine-mccann-book/2361-madeleine-mccann-the-forbidden-investigation-2

"Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation

Am I being thick or not? don't answer that Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 294124 All I wanted to ask is.....The Forbidden Investigation....is that another Book weitten by Amaral or
a NOTW Headline?

The Forbidden Investigation is the English translation of the title of the book in French.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Feb - 15:56

Have we established the date of this article ?

Meantime feast yourselves once more on the clever dogs......................

Finally, on August 6th, in the unoccupied floors of an underground car park, opposite the PJ's offices, the inspection of the vehicles takes place. To be examined are those of Robert Murat, Michaela, Sergey Malinka, Luiz Antonio, the McCann couple, and one that Russell O'Brien may have used. Driven by the investigators, the cars are parked in the reserved areas, doors closed and windows raised, with a space of 10 metres from one to another to avoid contamination. According to planned procedure, Eddie goes in first; Keela will be brought in if necessary.

In the immense underground car park, Martin commands Eddie to begin the examination. The dog then intensively sniffs each of the first three cars, at tyre level, the side doors and the boot, then all round. When he gets close to the fourth, the McCanns' Renault, he becomes agitated, raises his nose while running around, as if he is trying to locate the source of the odour he has detected. Martin tells him to stop running around and concentrate on the search. Finally, he starts to growl, bark and wanting to bite the bottom of the driver's door and the boot. The odour is coming from inside. The PJ's experts examine the vehicle for hours with the help of Keela. At dawn, traces of human blood are found in places indicated by the female dog: the key and the boot. The harvested samples are packed, then sent to a forensic laboratory in Birmingham, Great Britain.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 10 Feb - 16:30

More on the online NOTW and Di Stefano ( link provided by badger TMCF)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2011/07/24/devil-s-advocate-giovanni-di-stefano-sets-up-online-version-of-the-news-of-the-world-86908-23293821/

evil's advocate' Giovanni di Stefano sets up online version of the News of the World

Jul 24 2011 Exclusive by Alan Carson, Sunday Mail

news of the world Image 1

HE has tried to defend some of the world's most evil men.

But now former Dundee director Giovanni di Stefano faces his biggest challenge - trying to clean up the News of the World.

The controversial Italian - branded the Devil's Advocate because of a client list including Saddam Hussein, Charles Manson and Gary Glitter - has swooped to register an online version of the disgraced paper.

Di Stefano, 55, is urging former staff at the News International title, shut down amid the phone hacking scandal, to join his web business.

He said: "Online publishing is the future."

The lawyer joined the Dens Park board in 2003 but left five months later.

Now Di Stefano, who also defended murderers John Gilligan and Patrick "Dutchy" Holland, is keen to make his name in the world of internet news.

Last week he registered the name "News of the World Online Ltd" with The Registrar of Companies for England and Wales.

A certificate confirming the title of his new private business was stamped at Companies House in Cardiff.

Di Stefano posted the paper work online and announced his latest venture via his personal Facebook page.

He also uploaded links to the dotcom websites, which he claimed will go live next month.

Di Stefano wrote: "Any ex NOTW journalists or other are welcome to contact me if they are willing to cooperate and work. Be part of it!"

Di Stefano revealed earlier this year that he was battling cancer.

The father-of-four, who once boasted he was a close friend of Serb tyrant Arkan, had an emergency operation just hours after being quizzed by police.

Afterwards he said: "I'm scared of dying, of the mode of death, but I have no fear of death itself.

"I have had my operation for the Big C. Cancer is not an ice cream outing."

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Fri 10 Feb - 22:39

i have to say that News of the world online was not something I knew existed, and I was fascinated to see that they're publishing an English translation of Amaral's book. If this brings information to people who are a bit vague about what's gone on, then that's all to the good.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 10 Feb - 22:42

jejune wrote:i have to say that News of the world online was not something I knew existed, and I was fascinated to see that they're publishing an English translation of Amaral's book. If this brings information to people who are a bit vague about what's gone on, then that's all to the good.

It would have been even better if they had got their own translation instead of lifting mine from my blog, without crediting it.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Feb - 23:47

With thanks to Hardlinemarxist.

http://newsoftheworldonline.eu/2011-09-07-16-23-10/madeleine-mccann-book/139-madeleine-mccann-book/2361-madeleine-mccann-the-forbidden-investigation-2

This is a brilliant NOTW article with photos....so long though that after the 4th attempt , I gave up. If someone can copy and paste this in one go, be my guest....it's worth it. Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 10 Feb - 23:52

Panda wrote:With thanks to Hardlinemarxist.

This is a brilliant NOTW article with photos....so long though that after the 4th attempt , I gave up. If someone can copy and paste this in one go, be my guest....it's worth it. Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 25346

Panda, it's my translation, which is on my blog and also here on MM. I'll get the link for you.

ETA: https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/f171-the-truth-of-the-lie-all-chapters

The original title on my blog is "The Forbidden Investigation," which is a translation of the French title.

Also available on the McCann Files:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id271.html

Complete English translation of L'Enquête Interdite - 'The Forbidden Investigation' - the French language version of 'The Truth about The Lie'
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Feb - 23:58

AnnaEsse wrote:

Panda, it's my translation, which is on my blog and also here on MM. I'll get the link for you.

Iv"e seen the other posts and links, this is a NOTW article in colour with lots of photos. I scrolled down here but couldn't see any colour
versions of the book
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 10 Feb - 23:59

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Iv"e seen the other posts and links, this is a NOTW article in colour with lots of photos. I scrolled down here but couldn't see any colour
versions of the book

All they've done is stuck a few photos into my translation!

ETA: And it's not the real NOTW! It's been set up by a man who's facing charges of fraud! There is newsoftheworldonline.com, but this is newsoftheworldonline.eu.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Feb - 0:05

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

versions of the book

ETA: And it's not the real NOTW! It's been set up by a man who's facing charges of fraud! There is newsoftheworldonline.com, but this is newsoftheworldonline.eu.

Oh AnnaEsse, I really don't know what you mean, your translation is the truth of the lie, this is the Forbidden Investigation , are you
saying they are one and the same?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 0:07

You should be credited for it AnneEsse. Im glad they have published it but its a bit of cheek not to credit you
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 11 Feb - 0:10

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

versions of the book

Oh AnnaEsse, I really don't know what you mean, your translation is the truth of the lie, this is the Forbidden Investigation , are you
saying they are one and the same?

Yes, Panda. They are one and the same. Word for word! My translation was from the French version.

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/2009/06/madeleine-mccann-forbidden.html

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 L%27Enquete+Interdite
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 11 Feb - 0:11

jd16 wrote:You should be credited for it AnneEsse. Im glad they have published it but its a bit of cheek not to credit you

I have given permission for a few people to use it, but they asked! This bunch of scam artists didn't!

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 0:17

I know of some lawyers if you need them!!! Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 25346

Seriously they should have at least asked, they are making it appear they did all the work by themselves
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Feb - 0:20

AnnaEsse wrote:
jd16 wrote:You should be credited for it AnneEsse. Im glad they have published it but its a bit of cheek not to credit you

I have given permission for a few people to use it, but they asked! This bunch of scam artists didn't!

Who are the "News of the World online".....nothing to do with the real NOTW? yet they are advertising a contact address, i DON'T UNDERSTAND
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Feb - 0:34

AnnaEsse, here is the address and contact Number, if you are sure they have plageurised your work, get a Lawyer to write to them .

NEWS OF THE WORLD ONLINE LTD

Contact

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Con_address

The Long Barn, North Stream, Marshside, Kent, CT3 4EN

UK

Madeleine McCann: The Forbidden Investigation - Page 2 Con_tel

+44 (0) 20 7193 9667

Contact Form

Send an email. All fields with an * are require
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 11 Feb - 8:34

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Who are the "News of the World online".....nothing to do with the real NOTW? yet they are advertising a contact address, i DON'T UNDERSTAND

Newsoftheworldonline.com is owned by News International. Newsoftheworldonline.eu was set up by Giovanni Di Stefano, a notorious lawyer.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Feb - 8:45

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Newsoftheworldonline.com is owned by News International. Newsoftheworldonline.eu was set up by Giovanni Di Stefano, a notorious lawyer.

Thanks AnnaEsse....I read the article right through and there are quite a few discrepancies to the Press reporting and Amarals version.

All the article says is the book was written in Portugese and translated to English. If you are convinced that your book has been plageurised you should
engage a Lawyer to write to NOTW online asking who translated it ....I would!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 11 Feb - 8:53

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Thanks AnnaEsse....I read the article right through and there are quite a few discrepancies to the Press reporting and Amarals version.

All the article says is the book was written in Portugese and translated to English. If you are convinced that your book has been plageurised you should
engage a Lawyer to write to NOTW online asking who translated it ....I would!!!

It's obviously mine, Panda. I have compared and it's even got my mistakes, which I keep meaning to edit. It's my format just copied and pasted. I've got their address as well as contact details for their hosting company and I have given Giovanni Di Stefano 7 days to offer a good explanation.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Feb - 8:58

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Good for you.....imagine the cost if they had the Book translated themselves and if you can highlight ideosincracies they can have nol answer.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 11 Feb - 9:02

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Good for you.....imagine the cost if they had the Book translated themselves and if you can highlight ideosincracies they can have nol answer.

No two people will translate something in a totally identical way. That's the important point here.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 11 Feb - 9:19

This is not good anna, it would annoy me also, but I cant help but feel all your hard work is been rewarded if this piece gets out and alot more people's attention it brought to it and are reading it, I do believe justice for maddy is on its way!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 10:03

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

No two people will translate something in a totally identical way. That's the important point here.

That's absolutely true. Languages don't translate exactly word-for-word, they have to be interpreted and there's always a little bit of the interpreter's personality in there. I read French at University (many years ago!) and three of us translated the same phrase differently for an assessment. I wrote, "the bin men came at six in the morning"; my friend wrote, "the rubbish was collected at six in the morning" and a third person wrote, "the scavengers arrived at six in the morning". All mean exactly the same thing, but they are worded completely differently. All three were marked correct, BTW.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 11 Feb - 10:10

Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

That's absolutely true. Languages don't translate exactly word-for-word, they have to be interpreted and there's always a little bit of the interpreter's personality in there. I read French at University (many years ago!) and three of us translated the same phrase differently for an assessment. I wrote, "the bin men came at six in the morning"; my friend wrote, "the rubbish was collected at six in the morning" and a third person wrote, "the scavengers arrived at six in the morning". All mean exactly the same thing, but they are worded completely differently. All three were marked correct, BTW.

Thanks Iris. When I look at a word, phrase or sentence, my first thoughts are the literal translation. Then, it's how would/could we say that in English. My big French/English dictionary will give me lots of alternatives most of the time, but sometimes I'll be looking to an English dictionary for synonyms. Out of all the possibilities for a sentence or phrase, it would be quite a coincidence if even two people out of a hundred were to consistently choose the same words, in the same order.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next