Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts

+16
wantthetruth
interested
Oldartform
gillyspot
mahlersghost
amber
NoStone
maebee
kitti
malena stool
Karen
tigger
Chris
Angelique
matthew
Annabel
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts Empty Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts

Post  Annabel Wed 22 Feb - 21:44

A review of the background to setting up the limited company Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned and a forensic examination of the company accounts, 20 February 2012

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts Empty Re: Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts

Post  kitti Wed 22 Feb - 22:15

Ive just read it and what a read....especially the end where it names the people that the mccanns have 'employed' and.......where is that advance ?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts Empty Re: Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts

Post  kitti Wed 22 Feb - 22:17

Actually the end just answers the question we have all been asking for the past 5 years.....where has the fund money been going.....and the answer is written at the end.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 22 Feb - 22:25

Thats gota costa lorra lorra wonga

A lawyer dont come cheap (A!) but having that lot on your outgoings is going to put a dent in anyones fighting fund
Better get that next bewk out sharpish
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 23 Feb - 1:47

Annabel

Many thanks for the link - yes indeed, a bit of a read. I am not the brightest when in comes to Company law and the like. I don't understand why she expected to see the advance from The Book. I wasn't aware that it would go to the Fund authors usually stick it in their Bank Account. But then it could be that it didn't sell as well as they would have us believe so didn't cover the advance, so no Royalties.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 23 Feb - 6:31

If one is planning to dissect the accounting I would have thought the absence of connected persons transactions being reported in the accounts is worthy of mention. Also the change in the articles to remove family support might be worth exploring further given the previous funding of the Amaral action just as the case is about to finally come before the court for a full hearing. Both potentially more significant than the lack of transparency now a feature of the fund.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 23 Feb - 7:34

The answer to the questions have been answered although we now know where the bulk off the money goes and why they didn't want charity status....they are getting paid for the things they do......I.e. Mummy works for the Madeleine fund....

As for the P.I.s wages ....there obviously aren't any paid P.I.s working for them and I understand why we haven't seen the advance In the statement now....KM keeps the advance.....whatever that was....they need that advance to sue mr amaral as they might not make enough money on the book In time for this.....when the book has sold enough money to cover the advance ....then the ROYALTIES....money made after the advance has been payed back...will go into the FUND....so whatever is made after that goes to he search...it could 20,000 , less or more.....greedy horrible ###########!!!!!!!!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 23 Feb - 7:35

Angelique wrote:Annabel

Many thanks for the link - yes indeed, a bit of a read. I am not the brightest when in comes to Company law and the like. I don't understand why she expected to see the advance from The Book. I wasn't aware that it would go to the Fund authors usually stick it in their Bank Account. But then it could be that it didn't sell as well as they would have us believe so didn't cover the advance, so no Royalties.

So if they don't make any royalties NOTHING goes Into the fund?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 23 Feb - 8:03

Carter Ruck aren't working for nothing, (whatever K says in the book) in the case against TB they are on a retainer. That for a start explains the 153 complaints which the judge wanted to reduce to 10. They've stuck to 25 now.
This case has been running for almost two years now so the retainer must have been depleting the Fund. In fact, even if they strip TB of all his assets they will not cover the payments made to CR. So why are they doing this? Pure vindictiveness.

They may have opted to have the advance on the book in the next financial year? Then there should be some 200.000 from the serialization on top of that.
I think the advance may have been up to half a million - I'd be surprised if it was more. Even so, it's selling second hand for about a pound on Amazon and second hand books make them no money at all.
So near enough three quarters of a million should have gone into the fund account last year.
I don't think there are ever going to be royalties now.

As to where the payments have gone - wasn't Metodo3 expert at money laundering? It's always been my belief that that is why they were chosen. Expert on drug trafficking (so expert that one of them is in jail for it) but zilch on finding lost children.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 23 Feb - 8:36

tigger wrote:Carter Ruck aren't working for nothing, (whatever K says in the book) in the case against TB they are on a retainer. That for a start explains the 153 complaints which the judge wanted to reduce to 10. They've stuck to 25 now.
This case has been running for almost two years now so the retainer must have been depleting the Fund. In fact, even if they strip TB of all his assets they will not cover the payments made to CR. So why are they doing this? Pure vindictiveness.

They may have opted to have the advance on the book in the next financial year? Then there should be some 200.000 from the serialization on top of that.
I think the advance may have been up to half a million - I'd be surprised if it was more. Even so, it's selling second hand for about a pound on Amazon and second hand books make them no money at all.
So near enough three quarters of a million should have gone into the fund account last year.

As to where the payments have gone - wasn't Metodo3 expert at money laundering? It's always been my belief that that is why they were chosen. Expert on drug trafficking (so expert that one of them is in jail for it) but zilch on finding lost children.

I think the absence of royalties in the 2011 accounts is not necessarily an issue. First the contractual arrangements are unknown so the timing of payments may well fall outside the accounting period. Second I would assume the royalty arrangement is between the author and the publisher. Given the royalties would be taxable I too would want to quantify a personal tax liability before passing the surplus over.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 23 Feb - 8:44

Chris wrote:
tigger wrote:Carter Ruck aren't working for nothing, (whatever K says in the book) in the case against TB they are on a retainer. That for a start explains the 153 complaints which the judge wanted to reduce to 10. They've stuck to 25 now.

I think the absence of royalties in the 2011 accounts is not necessarily an issue. First the contractual arrangements are unknown so the timing of payments may well fall outside the accounting period. Second I would assume the royalty arrangement is between the author and the publisher. Given the royalties would be taxable I too would want to quantify a personal tax liability before passing the surplus over.

Since it is her own work and we can discount whatever is said about all proceeds going into the fund (that could also mean it goes into another account from which account it will eventually be 'fed' into the Fund - there are many ways around this) it could have gone into her own account and we are not entitled to check that. I think that's most likely.
Since both the McC's and the Fund are under scrutiny, it will be safer to have assets under one's own name, I'd have thought.
I've never even believed that any of the cash sent in the summer of 2007 ended up in the Fund. Who's going to prove it how much it was? Cash is cash - small amounts sent by mail, without receipts.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu 23 Feb - 9:13

And, most significantly, Kate says on p.296 of Chapter 19 entitled 'Action on three fronts' writing about the time period autumn 2007, 'gradually my outlook was growing more positive and I was beginning to get past my early certainty that Madeleine must have been taken by a paedophile and murdered.

and still after her bewk, they have insisted "there is no proof Maddie has come to any harm, she is findable, we just need the missing piece of the puzzle"

I would say Kate has stuck her smelly foot right in it! if the PJ's the Yard and the normal man on the street cant pick up on this, then guys we are in for a huge disapointment, but I say and will say again and again I am of the belief that the clock is ticking big time - and loo roll still in abundance in Rothley Towers!
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 23 Feb - 9:38

Karen wrote:And, most significantly, Kate says on p.296 of Chapter 19 entitled 'Action on three fronts' writing about the time period autumn 2007, 'gradually my outlook was growing more positive and I was beginning to get past my early certainty that Madeleine must have been taken by a paedophile and murdered.

and still after her bewk, they have insisted "there is no proof Maddie has come to any harm, she is findable, we just need the missing piece of the puzzle"

I would say Kate has stuck her smelly foot right in it! if the PJ's the Yard and the normal man on the street cant pick up on this, then guys we are in for a huge disapointment, but I say and will say again and again I am of the belief that the clock is ticking big time - and loo roll still in abundance in Rothley Towers!

The Mc's really painted themselves into corner with this one did they not Karen. Convinced there had been an abduction and Gerry talking instantly about paedo's in the area. Abduction + Paedo's = deat within a couple of days at best. But no - the story needs twisting again doesn't it? She's come to no harm - with Gypsies in a lawless village. My god they should bring Jackanory back as you could not make this up!!

Now I dont like to talk about pado's nor - I am sure few would own up to studying them but I bet there ar a few experts in the world that have and I would like to ask the the questions - how far - distance wise - has a child ever been traffiked for a paedo ring and how long after the initial abduction has any child survived and been recovered? Now I am not talking Fritzel here as he did not abduct a stranger and I am not sure he is a paedo in that sense - nor am I talking about other cases where people have been locked away for years - I am talking young children - taken for specific paedo purposes to be used and disposed of asap. What's the timescales on these cases I wonder??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 23 Feb - 9:42

The final lists show just why the McCanns have been employing shoddy, inefficient, in name only 'Private Investigators', when in reality the 'Fund' donated by children, pensioners and other gullible benefactors has been sufficiently large enough to employ the team sent from Scotland Yard at the expense of the public purse.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Feb - 10:12

malena stool wrote:The final lists show just why the McCanns have been employing shoddy, inefficient, in name only 'Private Investigators', when in reality the 'Fund' donated by children, pensioners and other gullible benefactors has been sufficiently large enough to employ the team sent from Scotland Yard at the expense of the public purse.

I was going to copy and paste the article until I realised it is 10 ft long. Madeleine's Fund - Review & Investigation of Accounts 23324

What does FCA stand for?........This is an excellent Article written by a lady who knows what she is talking about and I hope she writes to Cameron with
her findings .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 23 Feb - 10:30

The timeline after a child goes missing as said by a detective ........the first 12 hours are the most Important, if a child isn't found within this timeline the chances off finding the child alive diminishes from 100% to 50% and then diminishes again if not found within 24 hours and diminishes yet again if not found in 36 hours .

The chances off Finding an abducted child alive after 48 hours........

I believe that the detectives in the case off murdered sarah payne remarked, not to Sara as they didn't want her to lose hope, that the hope off finding her alive are gone after she had been missing for 48 hours .

I am only saying for children that HAVE been seen to be abducted as Sarah paynes abductor was seen so it was obvious she was abducted and let's not forget, madeleines 'abductor' was seen too so how can the mccanns say she has been unharmed....being taken from her bed by a stranger is harming her, isn't it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 23 Feb - 10:40

kitti wrote:The timeline after a child goes missing as said by a detective ........the first 12 hours are the most Important, if a child isn't found within this timeline the chances off finding the child alive diminishes from 100% to 50% and then diminishes again if not found within 24 hours and diminishes yet again if not found in 36 hours .

The chances off Finding an abducted child alive after 48 hours........

I believe that the detectives in the case off murdered sarah payne remarked, not to Sara as they didn't want her to lose hope, that the hope off finding her alive are gone after she had been missing for 48 hours .

I am only saying for children that HAVE been seen to be abducted as Sarah paynes abductor was seen so it was obvious she was abducted and let's not forget, madeleines 'abductor' was seen too so how can the mccanns say she has been unharmed....being taken from her bed by a stranger is harming her, isn't it.

Thanks Kitti - so this is why the line suddenly turned to - Whoever she's with she be giving them her tuppence worth!!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 23 Feb - 10:45

Panda: C A is chartered accountant. I'm not sure about the F. No rude remarks please!

What a shame that no mainstream media will touch this with a bargepole.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Feb - 11:20

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda: C A is chartered accountant. I'm not sure about the F. No rude remarks please!

What a shame that no mainstream media will touch this with a bargepole.

Morning NBY, could it be Federation? I know there are Chartered Accountants and Certified Accountants, the latter not considered such a hard course.. It's strange that none of the Press, except the Mail who queried the 1st year Accounts , will criticise the McCanns. They are even willing to quote this rubbish and pass it off as JOURNALISM, at least it's only the DS reporting this insult to readers intelligence

Yes, that article deserves more publicity , although it must have been aired somewhere before the mccannfiles got hold of it and it's very recent. Maybe,
one of our Members who knows the site owner will find out and let us know, although I understand Dr Martin writes direct to mf and they publish his
articles. this way, no one can contact him.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 23 Feb - 11:27

Is there such a thing as a Financial Chartered Accountant? Looks like she's on the ball with her figures. As others have said, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that this article will be published in the mainstream media. :(
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 23 Feb - 11:32

Must be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Accountant

In Ireland, Chartered Accountants are generally members of Chartered Accountants Ireland and use the designatory letters ACA or FCA. Chartered Accountants may also be members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Feb - 11:44

maebee wrote:Is there such a thing as a Financial Chartered Accountant? Looks like she's on the ball with her figures. As others have said, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that this article will be published in the mainstream media. :(

I looked for the abbreviation in my Dictionary and there was no FCA maebee.....when you think of it "Financial" and "Accountant" both refer to money, so
not sure it would be that, some clever soul will no doubt put us wise. One thing, I copied the link from mccannfiles whie I was reading the articel....page
does no exist now, but the link annabel quoted earlier this morning does , so I suggest Members keep that for future reference, shame it's so long, we could be discussing it in more detail.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 23 Feb - 11:53

Panda wrote:
maebee wrote:Is there such a thing as a Financial Chartered Accountant? Looks like she's on the ball with her figures. As others have said, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that this article will be published in the mainstream media. :(

I looked for the abbreviation in my Dictionary and there was no FCA maebee.....when you think of it "Financial" and "Accountant" both refer to money, so
not sure it would be that, some clever soul will no doubt put us wise. One thing, I copied the link from mccannfiles whie I was reading the articel....page
does no exist now, but the link annabel quoted earlier this morning does , so I suggest Members keep that for future reference, shame it's so long, we could be discussing it in more detail.

Have a look at my last post Panda :)
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Feb - 12:10

maebee wrote:Must be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Accountant

In Ireland, Chartered Accountants are generally members of Chartered Accountants Ireland and use the designatory letters ACA or FCA. Chartered Accountants may also be members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland.

That's it.....so the writer could be Irish? I'm no good at techie stuff maebee, try googling her name and see what comes up , the Lady is obviously very
knowedgeable and articulate and done her research.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 23 Feb - 12:21

Yes it does say at the end (it's a long read!) that the writer lives in Dublin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next