Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas

Go down

Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas Empty Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas

Post  tigger Fri 20 Apr - 8:03

This is an old article but as a parallel to the disappearance of Maddie, still of interest.

Fernando Torres Baena, a karate teacher ( YV also went to karate) was on trial in November 2011 for systematic abuse of pupils. I can't find the outcome of this trial and whether the police there now think that Yeremi Vargas was a victim of this man. The body hasn't been found as far as I know.

Typically Spanish

Dec 18, 2007 - 4:32 PM

Parents of missing Yeremi Vargas accuse webpages of asking for money using the name of their missing child

It's nine months since the seven year old boy went missing from Gran Canaria, and the parents have underlined the difference between how they see their case and that of the McCann family

It’s nine months since seven year old Yeremi Vargas vanished when playing in the street outside his grandmother’s house in Vecindario on Gran Canaria.

Now his parents have placed a denuncia before the Guardia Civil after discovering that there are webpages on the internet which have been using their son’s picture ‘to ask for money or make money in some way’. The family say they want to make it completely clear that such pages are doing so without their permission. ‘Anything that asks for money and uses data about the disappearance of Yeremi is a fraud’ they say.

The parents, Ithaisa Suárez and Juan Francisco Vargas say they consider it to be ‘immoral’ that people are trying to sell or raise money on the disappearance of a child.

The Guardia Civil say they are now investigating the allegations and the web pages to see if a crime has been committed.

Yeremi’s mother has proved reticent to compare the case of Yeremi with that of Madeleine McCann –
‘Her parents have opted for another way, which is fine by us, but we are not looking for such (media) repercussion. They have invited us to go to England to take part in meetings with them and to record a programme, but we have refused. We consider it to be an unnecessary circus which would not bring anything positive in our search for Yeremi’.

Translated by ines

http://www.typicallyspanish.co.....4216.shtml

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_14216.shtml

unquote.

[list][*]
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas Empty Re: Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 9:46

Link to previous topic - https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t14169-four-years-since-the-disappearance-of-yeremi-vargas

Also here's Antonella Lazzeri's attempt to link the case of Yeremi (she couldn't even get his name right) to Madeleine's.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3012393/Killer-may-hold-key-to-Maddie-hunt.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 11:02

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Link to previous topic - https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t14169-four-years-since-the-disappearance-of-yeremi-vargas

Also here's Antonella Lazzeri's attempt to link the case of Yeremi (she couldn't even get his name right) to Madeleine's.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3012393/Killer-may-hold-key-to-Maddie-hunt.html

How interesting.

Ithaisa is in regular contact with Kate, of Rothley, Leics. She said: “Like Kate I will never give up looking.”

Not bad going for somebody who doesn't speak English. (I meant Yeremi's mum, not Kate, so sorry for any confusion there).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 11:10

I'm not so sure about Kate either at times! They could communicate via an interpreter, perish the thought that Antonella has made it all up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 20 Apr - 11:51

Iris wrote:

Not bad going for somebody who doesn't speak English. (I meant Yeremi's mum, not Kate, so sorry for any confusion there).

I've often wondered if the US Attorney General, the aide of Laura Bush and others encountered by Gerry during his US visit in 2007, have by now figured out what he was trying to say.
Wasn't there once a TV series called 'Birdie?' About Glaswegian gangsters. Couldn't understand a word - had to get my boyfriend to translate.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 13:53

Sorry this is off topic but that's what happens in ordinary conversations, you move on to other things. I wonder if the programme you mean is Budgie, Tigger, but you would have been about four!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgie_(TV_series)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 20 Apr - 14:23

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Sorry this is off topic but that's what happens in ordinary conversations, you move on to other things. I wonder if the programme you mean is Budgie, Tigger, but you would have been about four!

I know, I think it was the sixties, (I'm 47 now)but my boyfriend had loads of videos - I still have the Prisoner (on DVD) now! I never got to the bottom of northern accents, it's really hard - all those glottal stops! We didn't get any of those in Holland anyway on TV, nearly everything was too violent for the censor.
I only remember that some or other blond guy was always getting into trouble and a man in an overcoat was speaking like Gerry!

Just looked it up in Wiki, thanks for the link, but I saw most of this around beginning of eighties I think - was in UK from 18th birthday onwards.

Last edited by tigger on Fri 20 Apr - 14:30; edited 1 time in total
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 14:27

tigger wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Sorry this is off topic but that's what happens in ordinary conversations, you move on to other things. I wonder if the programme you mean is Budgie, Tigger, but you would have been about four!

I know, I think it was the sixties, (I'm 47 now)but my boyfriend had loads of videos - I still have the Prisoner (on DVD) now! I never got to the bottom of northern accents, it's really hard - all those glottal stops! We didn't get any of those in Holland anyway on TV, nearly everything was too violent for the censor.
I only remember that some or other blond guy was always getting into trouble and a man in an overcoat was speaking like Gerry!

That was Budgie, played by the pop singer Adam Faith. His crime boss, Charlie Endell, was played by a very famous Scots actor called Iain Cuthbertson. There was also a spin-off show called Charles Endell Esquire. I vaguely remember one of the episodes of that, where he started up an illicit whisky distillery and called his product Glen Endell. Missing 7 yr old Yeremi Vargas 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 20 Apr - 15:04

From the People magazine 28/5/07
(re the visit to Spain due on the 1st June)

1st. June
Spain has been preoccupied by its own case of child abduction, seven-year-old Yeremi Vargas who disappeared in the Canary Islands two months ago.

He was playing outside his home on the island of Gran Canaria on March 10 when he vanished.

In echoes of Madeleine's case, thousands took part in the search and posters were put up nationwide.

The McCanns want to raise the issue of child abduction generally as well as appeal for information about their daughter.

They hope to meet Alfredo Rubalcaba, Spain's interior minister, as well as representatives from child welfare groups and anti-paedophile organisations.
unquote

Echoes????? Yeremi Vargas was abducted in march 07, the search for him can hardly have 'echoed' the search for Madeleine. I also think that the family took the trouble to look for him.

Mods: Sorry, started this topic, but there is an older one which NBY found, if you can merge...
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down