Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

+55
fedrules
margaret
almostgothic
tanszi
ELI
marxman
welshy
steve1295
Loopdaloop
Alpine Aster
interested
keepingmum
Wintabells
Claudia79
dazedandconfused
comperedna
kitti
Annabel
Panda
pennylane
mahlersghost
Oldartform
chrissie
frencheuropean
devonmum
Justiceforallkids
Chris
HiDeHo
mumbles
duncanmac
quickfingers
tigger
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
Angelique
jd16
matthew
ann_chovey
Bobsy
nospinnaker
mara thon
Fern
cherry1
jeanmonroe
pamalam
the slave
gillyspot
fred
NoStone
tabs
jay2001
SteveT
flower
MaryB
ShabbyTiger
59 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 18:31

keepingmum wrote:Wow, didn't dr. Amaral come across well in the BBC news just now. And I liked the "attitudes have hardened against the McCanns" comment. Never thought I'd hear the Beeb every comment on anything like that about the blessed couple.

Was Dr Amaral on the news?
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  mossman Tue 24 Apr - 18:32

It has just been on BBC news and they said it is on tomorrow night - not Monday
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 18:32

mossman wrote:It has just been on BBC news and they said it is on tomorrow night - not Monday

Thank you xx
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 24 Apr - 18:34

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:It has just been on BBC news and they said it is on tomorrow night - not Monday

Thank you xx

You are Welcome ! Why the change of date ???
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Tue 24 Apr - 18:35

he was only on for a few seconds and spoke in Portuguese but appeared controlled and statesmanlike imho. The McCanns looks a right couple of scruff bags in comparison.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 18:36

mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Thank you xx

Good question!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 24 Apr - 18:37

I'm intrigued by that too!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 24 Apr - 18:39

Oldartform wrote:This article from Cumbria Crack News has more info:-

http://www.cumbriacrack.com/2012/04/24/madeleine-mccann-the-last-hope/

Thanks Oldartform .......I'm getting very bad vibes, Andy Redwood looking for Closure with obviously no new information . Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 816281 The Final Report
stands then the McCanns not in the clear but the PJ keep the case shelved, LP and SY close the files until such time as any new evidence appears.

Unless there is someone going to appear on Panorama to offer an alternative theory to abduction it will be a whitewash.

I think I'll get my Son to design a Blog for me callled Pandas Pad where anyone can join to discuss any topic, EXCEPT Madeleine, it will help with the
withdrawal symptoms. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 294124

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 24 Apr - 18:39

mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Thank you xx

It`s only being shown tomorrow in some areas, not all. Some have to wait until Monday. Best check your local tv listings for tomorrow.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Tue 24 Apr - 18:42

Andy Redwood said he wanted to "solve the case" and wanted "closure". Unfortunately he added the words "for the family". Ugh.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Apr - 18:43

keepingmum wrote:Andy Redwood said he wanted to "solve the case" and wanted "closure". Unfortunately he added the words "for the family". Ugh.

A cell door slamming shut would be closure for the family.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 18:44

keepingmum wrote:Andy Redwood said he wanted to "solve the case" and wanted "closure". Unfortunately he added the words "for the family". Ugh.

Yeh right! No surprises there then!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 24 Apr - 18:48

Bobsy wrote:I could never follow a profession where I had to help clients escape justice.

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 182123
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Tue 24 Apr - 18:48

pennylane wrote:

Yeh right! No surprises there then!

Yes, I agree with both of you.. sounds bad..

But «closure for the familiy» could be the fact that they think Madeleine is dead, no?
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 18:50

I have been looking for an article we had here the other day where someone from the Portuguese side stated the British team weren't looking to investigate from the beginning, and the emphasis was on collaboration rather than investigation. Or words to that effect. Anyone know where it is?
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 24 Apr - 18:53

Indeed, the word closure is most often associated with death.

And interestingly, it's 'closure for the family' rather than 'closure for the parents'.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 24 Apr - 18:53

I think they have been planning this 'closure' since last year when the review was started, and planting the seeds into the public domain since the Leveson Inquiry
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Tue 24 Apr - 18:54

pennylane wrote:I have been looking for an article we had here the other day where someone from the Portuguese side stated the British team weren't looking to investigate from the beginning, and the emphasis was on collaboration rather than investigation. Or words to that effect. Anyone know where it is?

Page 18 of this post:

ETA:

"Don't expect a miracle. This is still just promotion," warns a Portuguese PJ inspector.

Approaching the fifth anniversary of their daughter's disappearance, Kate and Gerry McCann, little Maddie's parents, are preparing to launch a new version of their book, "Madeleine."

Thanks to promotion and a rapid decrease in the initial cover price, the original version of "Madeleine," sold 280,000 copies in the United Kingdom alone.

The "new," work, in paperback format, will be released in the United Kingdom on May 10th and includes a new epilogue which is supposed to reflect the work of the British team which is busy analyzing the the original investigation.

What's more, it's the confidence the McCanns claim to have in this team that has been put forward to justify the return of the case to the pages of the British tabloids.

After five years and a few million Euros up in smoke - 2.2 million in 2011 alone - , a team of 36 detectives and civilians would be under pressure to find the solution to the Maddie mystery.

According to a source - always the same - quoted by the Sunday Mirror tabloid, "the London Metropolitan Police (Scotland Yard) would have invested a great deal of resources in the examination (of the investigation) and they want results."

According to the Sunday Mirror, the work of the British police will result in a "full report with a series of recommendations," for the Portuguese PJ.

Astonishingly, the source quoted by the tabloid also provides statements from the McCanns and details of Kate's work in the writing of the new epilogue.

The information disclosed by several British tabloids, also makes clear that Chief Inspector Andy Redwood's team anticipate that their report could lead to the reopening of the investigation in Portugal.

As a reminder, a PJ team in Porto, in the north of Portugal, is also proceeding with a re-examination of the facts from the original investigation - a kind of "Cold Case," Portuguese version.

Pressure, but no miracles.

A long way away from the communication experts and the promotion of the new version of "Madeleine," the Portuguese team views the case with a lot less enthusiasm.

"Unfortunately, we can't expect a miracle because it's still only promotion," a PJ inspector close to the team directed by coordinator Helena Monteiro warns.

According to this inspector, "the method adopted by the English is flawed by a mistake: at the beginning, they threw out all possibilities with the exception of abduction by a stranger to the group."

"I am not accusing the parents, but there were other people and for certain there are still doubts. And the only way to take up the investigation again would be to start with the reconstruction," states the same inspector, stressing that "pressure is on collaboration," at the expense of quality.

Decoding

One month before the publication of this "new" book - a sort of rehash of the first version - it is important from a commercial point of view, to make a new appeal to the British media.

It is incidentally interesting to stress that it's the same English tabloids that the McCann clan condemn every time the subject of Maddie's disappearance is approached from an angle that is not orchestrated by their public relations machine - and I'm referring to Clarence Mitchell.

Astonishing coordination between the British media, usually miserly in their collaboration, who, for some unknown reason (sorry for this utter sarcasm), have all published similar information.

Information worthy of a communications expert....did I mention Clarence Mitchell?!

I am not even talking about the Portuguese media ...because there we talk about the "parrot," effect.

Duarte Levy 17th April 2012/
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 18:55

jd16 wrote:I think they have been planning this 'closure' since last year when the review was started, and planting the seeds into the public domain since the Leveson Inquiry

Absolutely right on the money jd! I'm not in the least bit surprised, but still I feel sick!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 24 Apr - 18:55

Oldartform wrote:
mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Thank you xx

It`s only being shown tomorrow in some areas, not all. Some have to wait until Monday. Best check your local tv listings for tomorrow.

The only region it is not showing as listed is BBC1 North West, it appears at 730 on all other regions listings.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 24 Apr - 18:59

I could 'feel' it during the Leveson Inquiry...I just hope I am so damned wrong but alas, its all looking to be going into one direction. They are scared that public opinion is snowballing into finding the truth & have cottoned on to the facts, so they need to whitewash it right now is their POV

Though would GA agree to go onto the programme that is going to whitewash the case? I would't have thought so. EH remarking 'it could be closer to home'? but I am clutching at straws I think

I will never ever give up fighting whatever happens
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 24 Apr - 19:00

Isabelinha, your bosses won't like you saying that. So everybody believes GA? Thought it was only a few nutters, Isabel.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 24 Apr - 19:02

jd16 wrote:
Bobsy wrote:I could never follow a profession where I had to help clients escape justice.

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 182123

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 36898 not for any amount jd16, I have principles.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 19:09

maive wrote:
pennylane wrote:I have been looking for an article we had here the other day where someone from the Portuguese side stated the British team weren't looking to investigate from the beginning, and the emphasis was on collaboration rather than investigation. Or words to that effect. Anyone know where it is?

Page 18 of this post:

ETA:

"Don't expect a miracle. This is still just promotion," warns a Portuguese PJ inspector.

Approaching the fifth anniversary of their daughter's disappearance, Kate and Gerry McCann, little Maddie's parents, are preparing to launch a new version of their book, "Madeleine."

Thanks to promotion and a rapid decrease in the initial cover price, the original version of "Madeleine," sold 280,000 copies in the United Kingdom alone.

The "new," work, in paperback format, will be released in the United Kingdom on May 10th and includes a new epilogue which is supposed to reflect the work of the British team which is busy analyzing the the original investigation.

What's more, it's the confidence the McCanns claim to have in this team that has been put forward to justify the return of the case to the pages of the British tabloids.

After five years and a few million Euros up in smoke - 2.2 million in 2011 alone - , a team of 36 detectives and civilians would be under pressure to find the solution to the Maddie mystery.

According to a source - always the same - quoted by the Sunday Mirror tabloid, "the London Metropolitan Police (Scotland Yard) would have invested a great deal of resources in the examination (of the investigation) and they want results."

According to the Sunday Mirror, the work of the British police will result in a "full report with a series of recommendations," for the Portuguese PJ.

Astonishingly, the source quoted by the tabloid also provides statements from the McCanns and details of Kate's work in the writing of the new epilogue.

The information disclosed by several British tabloids, also makes clear that Chief Inspector Andy Redwood's team anticipate that their report could lead to the reopening of the investigation in Portugal.

As a reminder, a PJ team in Porto, in the north of Portugal, is also proceeding with a re-examination of the facts from the original investigation - a kind of "Cold Case," Portuguese version.

Pressure, but no miracles.

A long way away from the communication experts and the promotion of the new version of "Madeleine," the Portuguese team views the case with a lot less enthusiasm.

"Unfortunately, we can't expect a miracle because it's still only promotion," a PJ inspector close to the team directed by coordinator Helena Monteiro warns.

According to this inspector, "the method adopted by the English is flawed by a mistake: at the beginning, they threw out all possibilities with the exception of abduction by a stranger to the group."

"I am not accusing the parents, but there were other people and for certain there are still doubts. And the only way to take up the investigation again would be to start with the reconstruction," states the same inspector, stressing that "pressure is on collaboration," at the expense of quality.

Decoding

One month before the publication of this "new" book - a sort of rehash of the first version - it is important from a commercial point of view, to make a new appeal to the British media.

It is incidentally interesting to stress that it's the same English tabloids that the McCann clan condemn every time the subject of Maddie's disappearance is approached from an angle that is not orchestrated by their public relations machine - and I'm referring to Clarence Mitchell.

Astonishing coordination between the British media, usually miserly in their collaboration, who, for some unknown reason (sorry for this utter sarcasm), have all published similar information.

Information worthy of a communications expert....did I mention Clarence Mitchell?!

I am not even talking about the Portuguese media ...because there we talk about the "parrot," effect.

Duarte Levy 17th April 2012/

Ah yes there it is. Brilliant, thank you so much maive Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 83453

Last edited by pennylane on Tue 24 Apr - 19:17; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 24 Apr - 19:15

jd16 wrote:I could 'feel' it during the Leveson Inquiry...I just hope I am so damned wrong but alas, its all looking to be going into one direction. They are scared that public opinion is snowballing into finding the truth & have cottoned on to the facts, so they need to whitewash it right now is their POV

Though would GA agree to go onto the programme that is going to whitewash the case? I would't have thought so. EH remarking 'it could be closer to home'? but I am clutching at straws I think

I will never ever give up fighting whatever happens

JD16, I always like to read your posts. They are usually informative, well balanced and to the point.

Reading this, I could cry.

I so hope this is the one time you are totally wrong in your opinion Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 14 497573
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next