Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The missing headboard?

+12
Wintabells
Angelique
pipstar1
tigger
Chris
Lillyofthevalley
kitti
jd16
Fern
MaryB
mossman
NoStone
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The missing headboard? - Page 2 Empty Re: The missing headboard?

Post  Guest Wed 2 May - 22:00

@Wintabells:

The missing headboard? - Page 2 307691

Many of us fight shy of combative Posts, so more power to your elbow The missing headboard? - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 2 May - 22:07

The bed certainly looks as if it has been moved. Don't know by whom. Or how significant this is. What I do remember though is that when the first reports appeared in the press it said the room where Madeleine was sleeping between her two twin sibblings.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
The missing headboard? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The missing headboard? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 2 May - 22:37

MaryB wrote:The bed certainly looks as if it has been moved. Don't know by whom. Or how significant this is. What I do remember though is that when the first reports appeared in the press it said the room where Madeleine was sleeping between her two twin sibblings.

I remember that! Thank you.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
The missing headboard? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The missing headboard? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 2 May - 23:41

And I remember that three.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Thu 3 May - 0:36

Wintabells wrote:

So how might you explain that the headboard seems to have been moved around but not the bed?

What reason can you think of to explain the McC's denial of the maid's testimony?

The dogs' role is to point or alert to potential evidence, not 'find' 'proof', but nevertheless, the question raised was why there wasn't an abundance of Madeleine's dna in 5a, not whether or not you accept the dogs' 'findings'.

It could be debunked if, for example, one of the McC's were to state that they washed the curtains.

1) I would suggest that originally the bed was positioned in the correct position in line with the headboard and the chest of drawers was placed where the bed was. Between the twin beds the bedside cabinet was situated, the same layout as in the other bedroom.

In order to make space for the two cots, they pushed the bed up against the wall. By doing this, not only would they be able to fit both cots in the same room but also they'd have been easily reached.

The alternative is the McCanns obtaining a screwdriver and moving headboards. Why ??

2) Why would the McCs contradict the maid ?

Who was correct though, Gerry or the maid ?

3) I don't believe the forensic team did a full sweep of the apartment, they collected a few samples from the bed etc however as we know not all the samples were tested. This could explain the lack of dna recovered that matched Madeleine.

4) Do you honestly expect the McCanns to refute all the allegations made by posters online ?

Where exactly would you expect them to do this and would you believe them ?
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Thu 3 May - 1:18

Hi Fern

Just lost my entire post, so forgive me for being brief:

I think the cots would both still fit on the left hand side of the room, with the beds in their original position. That would be the alternative, not unscrewing the headboard. That would just be silly.

The maid/McC discrepancy seems to be an investigative opportunity.

The issue of Madeleine's dna in 5a is odd. I can't see how they wouldn't need a control sample anyway, so perhaps that's why it had to be fetched from Leicester.

The McC's and their team are more than capable of refuting comments made by posters online and have done so on many occasions - rotting meat, fish, nappies, nosebleeds, grazed knees, sea bass, 6 dead bodies, 'was this whilst she was getting bathed?' etc. so I don't think they'd shy from refuting the bleached curtain story. Or maybe it's irrefutable. Or maybe Amaral made it up, I don't know.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 5 May - 2:50

Perhaps Madeleine had her own room in 5a, as she does in Leicester and the twins' cots were in the parents' room, hence the twin beds were pushed together to make room.

Perhaps Madeleine didn't want to sleep next to the curtains and window in her own room, and the other bed was moved against the wall for her to protect her from falling out. Maybe Kate slept in the other bed on one or more occasions to keep her company.

But if this was the arrangement, why not say so?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Thu 10 May - 20:41

Wintabells wrote:Perhaps Madeleine had her own room in 5a, as she does in Leicester and the twins' cots were in the parents' room, hence the twin beds were pushed together to make room.

Perhaps Madeleine didn't want to sleep next to the curtains and window in her own room, and the other bed was moved against the wall for her to protect her from falling out. Maybe Kate slept in the other bed on one or more occasions to keep her company.

I can see no point in placing the 2 cots in the parents room and Madeleine alone in the other room. Pointless in my opinion.
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Thu 10 May - 20:47

Fern wrote:
Wintabells wrote:Perhaps Madeleine had her own room in 5a, as she does in Leicester and the twins' cots were in the parents' room, hence the twin beds were pushed together to make room.

I can see no point in placing the 2 cots in the parents room and Madeleine alone in the other room. Pointless in my opinion.

Well, my point was that given Madeleine slept alone in her own room in Leicester, she may have wanted/needed the same arrangement on holiday. If that were the case, I can see every point in placing two cots in the parents' room.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Thu 10 May - 20:54

Wintabells wrote:
Fern wrote:

Well, my point was that given Madeleine slept alone in her own room in Leicester, she may have wanted/needed the same arrangement on holiday. If that were the case, I can see every point in placing two cots in the parents' room.

Hmmmm....it was only a 2 bedroom apartment though and a great deal smaller than the McCanns property in Rothely.

Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 10 May - 21:27

When the picture was taken of the missing headboard was it because the pj took the headboard away for examination????
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 11 May - 3:06

Fern wrote:
Wintabells wrote:
Fern wrote:

Hmmmm....it was only a 2 bedroom apartment though and a great deal smaller than the McCanns property in Rothely.

Well, sometimes people have to improvise.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 11 May - 3:08

Lillyofthevalley wrote:When the picture was taken of the missing headboard was it because the pj took the headboard away for examination????

Not sure what you mean by 'missing' heaboard - it's there, but behind the chest of drawers isn't it?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 11 May - 3:50

Wintabells wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:When the picture was taken of the missing headboard was it because the pj took the headboard away for examination????

Not sure what you mean by 'missing' heaboard - it's there, but behind the chest of drawers isn't it?

Yes it is. Looks like they just moved Maddies bed to the wall which in this particular one aspect is nothing out of the ordinary. Would probably do the same myself
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 11 May - 7:24

I think one twin slept in the 'parents' room whilst the other slept in the other room with Madeleine.

Why can't they just state that, the travel cot was there to prove it so why disprove it....no big deal is it.

There was a reason to move the cot back in the other room..did the cleaner see it Wednesday morning, the day after the crying incident?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 11 May - 8:02

Wintabells wrote:

Sorry shooting befor reading through, just going by the OP

It concerns the headboard which is
missing from Madeleine's bed

Having now read all and looked at piccys, obviously the headboards are fixed to the wall and when the bedroom was moved around to accomodate the twins cots Maddy was left with no headboard.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  pipstar1 Fri 11 May - 9:49

Have just looked again at the pictures this morning, and is it just me, but when the bed under the window is in the correct position with the headboard it is virtually up against the wall. However, in the photo with the cots, it looks to me that the matress has been put on its side, hence the curtains are rucked up. There is not any room to move the bed any closer to the window if the bed is flat! What do you think?
pipstar1
pipstar1

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 11 May - 17:56

pipstar1 wrote:Have just looked again at the pictures this morning, and is it just me, but when the bed under the window is in the correct position with the headboard it is virtually up against the wall. However, in the photo with the cots, it looks to me that the matress has been put on its side, hence the curtains are rucked up. There is not any room to move the bed any closer to the window if the bed is flat! What do you think?

The missing headboard? - Page 2 Foto5

I agree the matress near the window appears to be on its side, but I don't think it is. If you look closely, there's a fitted white sheet on it which you can see through the cot mesh, and on top of the bed, some kind of blanket in the same material/design as the curtains and possibly a white pillow, pushed across to the right hand side.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pipstar1 Fri 11 May - 18:48

Hi Wintabells, I can see what you mean, but looking at the position of the blue framed cot compared to the bedside chest of drawers x 2 and the headboard, I can't see how a whole width mattress can fit between the cot and the wall. I thought the blue and white checked curtains are on the top of the bed. I am comparing the cot photo with the tidy bedroom one. The headboard looks almost against the window wall. What do you think? I may be totally wrong.
pipstar1
pipstar1

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 11 May - 18:58

pipstar1 wrote:Hi Wintabells, I can see what you mean, but looking at the position of the blue framed cot compared to the bedside chest of drawers x 2 and the headboard, I can't see how a whole width mattress can fit between the cot and the wall. I thought the blue and white checked curtains are on the top of the bed. I am comparing the cot photo with the tidy bedroom one. The headboard looks almost against the window wall. What do you think? I may be totally wrong.

Is it not just the bed covers and pillow pushed across to the wall?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 11 May - 19:29

The missing headboard? - Page 2 1272_NpAdvHover

Just putting the tidy bedroom version here too, so it's easier to see what we're talking about... although I'm getting really confused now and headache brewing, so I may need to have a lie down shortly ....

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 May - 20:11

Wintabells wrote:The missing headboard? - Page 2 1272_NpAdvHover

Just putting the tidy bedroom version here too, so it's easier to see what we're talking about... although I'm getting really confused now and headache brewing, so I may need to have a lie down shortly ....

What's odd here is that in the tidy bedroom photo the beds are in the same place as in the others, but the headboard is behind the bed and not behind the chest of drawers.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 11 May - 21:13

Wintabells wrote:The very fact that Gerry made a song and dance in his blogs about how the twins were now sleeping in beds makes me wonder about how true it was that they were in cots in 5a.

Day 25 - 28/05/2007 - Monday.
We have decided that for the majority of trips it will not be practicable, or fair, to take S*** and A***** with us. They have an established routine which we do not want to disrupt and will be looked after by very close family. Tonight for the first time they have gone to sleep in their own single beds, rather than cots, now that another two of our family have gone home. We were planning to turn their cots at home into beds after our 1 week holiday but obviously this has been delayed with Madeleine’s abduction. We have been in Praia da Luz for over 4 weeks and S*** and A*****’s development from toddlers to little boy and girl continues. Madeleine will really notice the difference when she sees them!

Day 26 - 29/05/2007 - Tuesday.
It has been very difficult to leave S*** and A***** but it is only for one nght and we will be back to see them before bedtime tomorrow. Trish and Sandy (Madeleine’s Godparents) who have been with us in Portugal since Day 2 are looking after them and we were surprised to hear they were tucked up in bed by 7.30pm- they must like their new beds!

What with all the Leveson exitement, I missed this one! Hilarious - yes Gerry, we got it, twins=cots, twins=cots and now! big surprise in beds! Not cots, zzzzzz
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  pipstar1 Fri 11 May - 22:26

Yes AnnaEsse. Definite case of the moving headboard!
pipstar1
pipstar1

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 May - 22:34

pipstar1 wrote:Yes AnnaEsse. Definite case of the moving headboard!

That is very odd. Why move a headboard?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next