Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express 06/05/12

+37
Justiceforallkids
kathybelle
ShabbyTiger
kitti
Keela
AnnaEsse
Carolina
malena stool
mumbles
ann_chovey
tigger
Loopdaloop
Chris
Roasted Arizona
flower
MaryB
jay2001
margaret
interested
Bobsy
mummy45
dazedandconfused
jassi
Annabel
halfamo
mossman
HiDeHo
Panda
tanszi
Christine
dutchclogs
fred
matthew
maebee
almostgothic
Badboy
LJC
41 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Express 06/05/12 Empty Express 06/05/12

Post  matthew Sat 5 May - 23:12

KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT
Story Image

Kate McCann with her husband, Gerry at a news conference

Sunday May 6,2012
By James Murray and Tracey Kandohia

KATE McCANN has responded angrily to attacks against her and her husband by Spanish ­television producers over drugs found after the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.

In a new epilogue for the paperback edition of her book, Madeleine, Kate reveals that drugs filmed being removed from the apartment they were renting in Portugal were actually ­Parkinson’s drugs to treat her father Brian, who has the illness, and not sedatives.

She said she and Gerry were confronted by a “propaganda” film just before giving an ­interview during a Spanish ­television programme.

They sat in stunned silence as “damning images” gathered from the media and Portuguese files were displayed on a big screen. The shots included ­barking dogs trained to find dead bodies, books, documents and medicines taken from the villa they had rented in Praia da Luz after the disappearance of their daughter from apartment 5a of the Ocean Club. Kate writes: “The commentary presented these ‘exhibits’ as fact, as evidence of guilt.

“One of the books was a novel Gerry had taken to Portugal as holiday reading, The Interpretation Of Murder, a best-selling historical crime thriller inspired by a visit made to New York by Sigmund Freud in 1909, presumably ­singled out for no other reason than its sinister title.

ì
New leads are ­coming to light
î

Kate and Gerry McCann

“The tablets shown were actually my father’s Parkinson’s disease medication, as was confirmed by the patient’s name on the packets, conveniently out of shot, and not, as the voiceover suggested, sedatives that we had administered to our children.

“The Portuguese police knew this, and so would the producers of the programme, had they properly read the book they were supposed to be interviewing us about.

“I’ve run out of superlatives to adequately express my shock and disgust at this abhorrent behaviour.” Although she does not say so in her new chapter, Kate’s ­parents, Brian and Susan Healy, flew to join them to offer support in Portugal after Madeleine ­disappeared on May 3, 2007.

The epilogue is largely a tirade against the media but Kate does say of Scotland Yard’s investigative review of the case: “Almost immediately Gerry and I felt ­confident, reassured and hopeful. We know the review will be a long haul and results won’t appear overnight.

“We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

“From the moment I heard the news of this major step forward for Madeleine, a positive feeling had begun to spread inside me and it has remained with me ever since.”

The paperback will be ­published on May 10 by Corgi Books priced £7.99.

Meanwhile, Kate and Gerry say they are more hopeful than ever that Madeleine will be “back home soon” after revealing: “New leads are ­coming to light”.

The couple told ­well-wishers in their village of Rothley, Leicestershire, they now had “the best chance” of finding Madeleine.

Gerry addressed crowds who had gathered to support the ­family and pray for Madeleine on the fifth anniversary of her dis­appearance. He said: “We are very positive.

“There is information, coming directly from us, and there is real, new information. New leads are coming to light. The Metropolitan Police are determined to get to the bottom of this.”
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
Express 06/05/12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Express 06/05/12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Express 06/05/12 Empty Re: Express 06/05/12

Post  Guest Sat 5 May - 23:23

Why would they take Pa Healy's medicine on holiday with them to Portugal when he wasn't going?

Oh, this is priceless - it raises so many more questions than it actually answers. The McCanns have even more explaining to do.

This is all going to end very badly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 5 May - 23:42

Sigmund Freud any relation to the Freud who offered them assistance in Portugal. Obviously this wasnt something they were expecting when they had an interview to flog Ks book in Spain. No say in what was presented there then. carter ruck work on the bank holiday.jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sat 5 May - 23:47

The police did not remove the tablets on the 3rd I don't think. I think Kate's parents must have gone out there some hours later and these are the tablets the police removed. That's how I read it. Mind you, the tablets would still have to be removed to be analysed properly, but is the inference that they were some other sort of drug Kate's interpretation of what she thought the PJ were saying, or did the PJ jump in with an assumption?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 5 May - 23:51

Iris wrote:Why would they take Pa Healy's medicine on holiday with them to Portugal when he wasn't going?

Oh, this is priceless - it raises so many more questions than it actually answers. The McCanns have even more explaining to do.

Iris, did Ma and Pa go over soon after Madeleine disappeared or just Ma? Whichever it was, I don't think they were still there when the McCanns moved house. And why would the meds be on Kate and Gerry's bedside table?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 5 May - 23:53

tanszi wrote:Sigmund Freud any relation to the Freud who offered them assistance in Portugal. Obviously this wasnt something they were expecting when they had an interview to flog Ks book in Spain. No say in what was presented there then. carter ruck work on the bank holiday.jimo

Oh dear! Weren't given the celeb status they had come to expect!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sat 5 May - 23:56

AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:Why would they take Pa Healy's medicine on holiday with them to Portugal when he wasn't going?

Iris, did Ma and Pa go over soon after Madeleine disappeared or just Ma? Whichever it was, I don't think they were still there when the McCanns moved house. And why would the meds be on Kate and Gerry's bedside table?

The Mccanns rented a villa,July?...i take it Kate is referring to that
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 5 May - 23:56

LJC wrote:The police did not remove the tablets on the 3rd I don't think. I think Kate's parents must have gone out there some hours later and these are the tablets the police removed. That's how I read it. Mind you, the tablets would still have to be removed to be analysed properly, but is the inference that they were some other sort of drug Kate's interpretation of what she thought the PJ were saying, or did the PJ jump in with an assumption?

When Kate's mother flew out to Portugal for the first time after Madeleine's disappearance, she flew out with the Merseyside Priest, because her husband was too sick to travel.

There is a photograph that shows tablets on a table in the McCanns PDL flat and had Madeleine got out of bed, she had would have had access to those tablets, always assuming those tablets were on the table at the time she was home alone. If she was home alone.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sat 5 May - 23:56

Lots of surprises in this article. Amazed at seeing this in print:

“One of the books was a novel Gerry had taken to Portugal as holiday reading, The Interpretation Of Murder, a best-selling historical crime thriller inspired by a visit made to New York by Sigmund Freud in 1909, presumably ­singled out for no other reason than its sinister title.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 5 May - 23:58

They arent celebs though are they, they just think they are, oh the times they are a changing. Was K concentrating on the tablets to direct attention away from the other images of.........barking dogs trained to find dead bodies, books, The interpretation of Murder, was this where there was a CEOP manual as well ....... she does say the patients name on the packet was conveniently out of shot why would the PJ take her fathers tablets away from him, i sure someone could have explained what they were for.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 5 May - 23:59

kathybelle wrote:
LJC wrote:The police did not remove the tablets on the 3rd I don't think. I think Kate's parents must have gone out there some hours later and these are the tablets the police removed. That's how I read it. Mind you, the tablets would still have to be removed to be analysed properly, but is the inference that they were some other sort of drug Kate's interpretation of what she thought the PJ were saying, or did the PJ jump in with an assumption?

When Kate's mother flew out to Portugal for the first time after Madeleine's disappearance, she flew out with the Merseyside Priest, because her husband was too sick to travel.

There is a photograph that shows tablets on a table in the McCanns PDL flat and had Madeleine got out of bed, she had would have had access to those tablets, always assuming those tablets were on the table at the time she was home alone. If she was home alone.

That's right, and it says that the tablets were removed from an apartment, not a villa. So it must have been very shortly after Maddie's disappearance, and Pa Healy didn't fly out until much later. So what were his tablets doing there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 6 May - 0:01

tanszi wrote:Sigmund Freud any relation to the Freud who offered them assistance in Portugal. Obviously this wasnt something they were expecting when they had an interview to flog Ks book in Spain. No say in what was presented there then. carter ruck work on the bank holiday.jimo
YES HE WAS,CLEMENT RAPHAEL FREUD(OF DOGFOOD FAME),RELATED TO ELIZABETH MURDOCH HUSBAND?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sun 6 May - 0:01

In a new epilogue for the paperback edition of her book, Madeleine, Kate reveals that drugs filmed being removed from the apartment they were renting in Portugal were actually ­Parkinson’s drugs to treat her father Brian, who has the illness, and not sedatives.

WTF? Is it just me or is this news to every else who has been following the case for the past 5 years?

maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 6 May - 0:02

The shots included ­barking dogs trained to find dead bodies ......

And yet she seems far more angry about the meds ......

There is information, coming directly from us, and there is real, new information.

Badly worded IMO - he's making it sound as if the info coming from them isn't real ...

Last edited by almostgothic on Sun 6 May - 0:21; edited 1 time in total
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 6 May - 0:03

Well here is a radical idea for you all. Maybe they were different tablets from a big bottle, put in a smaller, old bottle, for convenience!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sun 6 May - 0:08

WAY too much info in this article. I'm astounded at the amount of info here. I've never gone along with the "tide is turning" but.................
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 6 May - 0:09

Just taking an opportunity to explain away thoughts of the children being drugged with sedatives, ignoring the dead bodies dog......... must have been a huge elephant in the room.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 6 May - 0:11

I've just been searching on YouTube for the video in that second apartment, where there is a photo of Madeleine with the rosary and med packs on a bedside table. Anyone?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 6 May - 0:14

ill go have a look at pamalams site.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sun 6 May - 0:17

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 6 May - 0:18

The epilogue is largely a tirade against the media but Kate does say of Scotland Yard’s investigative review of the case: “Almost immediately Gerry and I felt ­confident, reassured and hopeful. We know the review will be a long haul and results won’t appear overnight.

Then Kate is an extremely stupid woman if she hasn't twigged that this is a very bad idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 6 May - 0:20

Ah yes! A legal complaint!

ETA: I read there that the video was from the Vista Mar villa.

Last edited by AnnaEsse on Sun 6 May - 0:22; edited 1 time in total
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 6 May - 0:21

matthew wrote:KATE MCCANN'S ATTACK ON 'LIES' OVER DRUGS FOUND IN MADDIE FLAT
Story Image

Kate McCann with her husband, Gerry at a news conference

Sunday May 6,2012
By James Murray and Tracey Kandohia

KATE McCANN has responded angrily to attacks against her and her husband by Spanish ­television producers over drugs found after the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.

She said she and Gerry were confronted by a “propaganda” film just before giving an ­interview during a Spanish ­television programme.

They sat in stunned silence as “damning images” gathered from the media and Portuguese files were displayed on a big screen. The shots included ­barking dogs trained to find dead bodies, books, documents and medicines taken from the villa they had rented in Praia da Luz after the disappearance of their daughter from apartment 5a of the Ocean Club. Kate writes: “The commentary presented these ‘exhibits’ as fact, as evidence of guilt.

ì
New leads are ­coming to light
î

Kate and Gerry McCann

“The tablets shown were actually my father’s Parkinson’s disease medication, as was confirmed by the patient’s name on the packets, conveniently out of shot, and not, as the voiceover suggested, sedatives that we had administered to our children.

“The Portuguese police knew this, and so would the producers of the programme, had they properly read the book they were supposed to be interviewing us about.

“I’ve run out of superlatives to adequately express my shock and disgust at this abhorrent behaviour.” Although she does not say so in her new chapter, Kate’s ­parents, Brian and Susan Healy, flew to join them to offer support in Portugal after Madeleine ­disappeared on May 3, 2007.

“We know the ‘golden nugget’ may not be among the data ­accumulated thus far but what we are sure of is that this ­process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to attaining our goal, and possibly even all the way there.

“From the moment I heard the news of this major step forward for Madeleine, a positive feeling had begun to spread inside me and it has remained with me ever since.”

The paperback will be ­published on May 10 by Corgi Books priced £7.99.

Meanwhile, Kate and Gerry say they are more hopeful than ever that Madeleine will be “back home soon” after revealing: “New leads are ­coming to light”.

The couple told ­well-wishers in their village of Rothley, Leicestershire, they now had “the best chance” of finding Madeleine.

Gerry addressed crowds who had gathered to support the ­family and pray for Madeleine on the fifth anniversary of her dis­appearance. He said: “We are very positive.

“There is information, coming directly from us, and there is real, new information. New leads are coming to light. The Metropolitan Police are determined to get to the bottom of this.”

I'd be interested in knowing the exact name of the drugs as parkinson's drugs generally used are sedatives...
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 6 May - 0:22

thanks matthew, thats the one, but cant be viewed in the UK
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sun 6 May - 0:27

The Express article would be flagged in court by the defence as inuendo,dont suppose there is footage of the spanish interview...or was it when Gerry tore off his microphone...well...it was rather hot in there Express 06/05/12 25346
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content