Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting

+20
tanszi
almostgothic
Keela
AnnaEsse
mumbles
Annabel
mara thon
interested
mariang
ann_chovey
Panda
margaret
jay2001
James
matthew
frencheuropean
Justiceforallkids
mossman
jd16
dutchclogs
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting

Post  Guest Tue 8 May - 13:16

You're thinking of Raymond Hewlett, Panda. There are various topics here about him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting

Post  ann_chovey Tue 8 May - 13:21

Now front page of Daily Mail ....'Groggy girl identical to Maddie' with a comment from Mrs. Sisson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141100/British-police-investigate-Madeleine-McCann-sighting-Costa-del-Sol-campsite-just-days-went-missing.html

I am the woman in the article. Just to set the record straight I was not on holiday but just a long weekend at a campsite that we go to regularly, so I did not have a camera with me as it was not a really special event for us. I am actually one of those people who do not have a mobile phone. The story had only just broken on UK tv which I was watching in Gibraltar so Spanish people did not know about it then and they could have gone out without being challenged, in fact they could still be in Spain unchallenged as there is little interest in the case there. My family thought I was imagining things so I was not brave enough to snatch her or anything like that and the report about the eye defect had not been made public at first so I did not know about that. I do know that I reported and reported it to everyone I could, even before the hotline number and ever since and it has only been since a local ex-pat newspaper followed it up that I know no police ever investigated it
- Karen Sisson, Gibraltar, 08/5/2012 11:41

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141100/British-police-investigate-Madeleine-McCann-sighting-Costa-del-Sol-campsite-just-days-went-missing.html#ixzz1uHQiXYNe
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :
3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 8 May - 13:23

Not Born Yesterday wrote:You're thinking of Raymond Hewlett, Panda. There are various topics here about him.

Yes, NBY, thanks. I just thought that with the Van having German Number Plates, there might be a connection . To be honest, I don't want to read any more regurgitated "sightings" and hope, like me, the Public is sick of reading about the McCanns and not taken in by this drivel. Talk about overkill.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 May - 13:23

AnnaEsse wrote:
Their car had a “BE” German plate, which went out of official use 38 years ago. Karen believes their car was a blue Mercedes Vito people carrier, first produced in 1996

Perhaps those people had a personalised number plate on their Mercedes!

Nope, as far as I know - not possible to have a BE number on a Mercedes Vito. The BE number used to denote the city of Beckum in the German state of Westphalia and was replaced by WAF in 1974. This is proof that this vanload of Germans was very dodgy indeed and that the sighting could probably be bona fide 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 613255 Suggest Scotland Yard speed up their file sifting efforts - hidden away in all the information that the bungling cops never followed up there could be a sighting of this blue van in Pdl. This could be the 'golden nugget', 'piece of the jigsaw' or whatever which we've all been waiting for. Hang on though ... wasn't Hewlett's van blue and his wife German? 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 29204
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 8 May - 13:35

T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Their car had a “BE” German plate, which went out of official use 38 years ago. Karen believes their car was a blue Mercedes Vito people carrier, first produced in 1996

Nope, as far as I know - not possible to have a BE number on a Mercedes Vito. The BE number used to denote the city of Beckum in the German state of Westphalia and was replaced by WAF in 1974. This is proof that this vanload of Germans was very dodgy indeed and that the sighting could probably be bona fide 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 613255 Suggest Scotland Yard speed up their file sifting efforts - hidden away in all the information that the bungling cops never followed up there could be a sighting of this blue van in Pdl. This could be the 'golden nugget', 'piece of the jigsaw' or whatever which we've all been waiting for. Hang on though ... wasn't Hewlett's van blue and his wife German? 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 29204

Sorry to burst your bubble T4two....Hewlwtt's van was a white Merc. Maybe he gave it a quick respray. 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 25346

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/raymond-hewlett-faces-more-questioning-400810
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 May - 13:51

ann_chovey wrote:
T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble T4two....Hewlwtt's van was a white Merc. Maybe he gave it a quick respray. 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 25346

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/raymond-hewlett-faces-more-questioning-400810

And changed the make, because according to The Sun it was a 'battered blue Dodge' Fiendishly clever - I wouldn't discount it, but I'm unable to say more of course for operational reasons 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 23324

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/madeleine/2504160/Forensic-checks-on-Maddie-pervs-van.html
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 8 May - 14:06

My head is spinning........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/06/18/raymond-hewlett-faces-more-questioning-over-missing-madeleine-mccann-115875-21452602/

But Hewlett, who was living near Praia da Luz, insisted recently that he only had the Dodge truck.

He claimed he only had one motor – a blue Dodge truck. And he said it was so distinctive that he could not have driven into Praia da Luz in May 2007 without being spotted.

Mr Verran, who befriended Hewlett on a campsite in Morocco in June 2007, said: “He told me he owned a white Transit-type van before his blue Dodge truck.

A source close to the Maddy inquiry team said yesterday: “This new information could be very significant. Hewlett has repeatedly said that he could not have been at the scene without someone remembering his distinctive truck.
“But if he was driving a Mercedes van at the time, his reasoning is shot to pieces.
“And it would raise the question of why he lied about the vehicle in the first place.” It is not known if Hewlett owned the white van and the truck at the same time, or one after the other. But Mr Verran’s recollection is that he bought the Dodge for the trip to Morocco –
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 May - 14:21

ann_chovey:
My head is spinning........

Shows just how reliable the UK press are. If the van he had at that time was a white Merc according to the Mirror, why 'rip apart a blue Dodge to look for signs of Maddy' according to the Sun? I shouldn't worry about it too much - the whole case is a history of mis-reporting, false accusations and outright lies.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 8 May - 14:43

The comments in the Daily Mail are quite enlightening.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 8 May - 14:47

How very convenient it would be if they could "solve" the case by blaming a man who is now dead. Case closed, Mccanns nothing to answer for and can fade into the sunset with their ill gotten gains.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 May - 14:54

mara thon wrote:How very convenient it would be if they could "solve" the case by blaming a man who is now dead. Case closed, Mccanns nothing to answer for and can fade into the sunset with their ill gotten gains.

Indeed! and that's the only way those involved will get 'closure'. Isn't 'closure' what Redwood of the Yard was babbling about in his TV appearance? Perhaps it's all gradually falling into place nicely?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Tue 8 May - 15:13

Have to say 'marothon' and 'tfortwo' - i thought this will probably become the outcome for the past few days.....someone will be blamed who cannot deny, case solved - end of!
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 8 May - 15:22

mariang wrote:Have to say 'marothon' and 'tfortwo' - i thought this will probably become the outcome for the past few days.....someone will be blamed who cannot deny, case solved - end of!

Yes I too think that is quite likely to happen.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 May - 16:11

mara thon wrote:
mariang wrote:Have to say 'marothon' and 'tfortwo' - i thought this will probably become the outcome for the past few days.....someone will be blamed who cannot deny, case solved - end of!

Yes I too think that is quite likely to happen.

It certainly explains a) Why the Scotland Yard team led by Redwood are approaching this from the completely wrong direction i.e. sifting through the files looking for leads which haven't been followed up, no matter how absurd those so-called leads may be, whilst, according to the Assistant Chief Constable of Leicestershire Constabulary, the parents still have not been eliminated as suspects (see my signature - a statement made in court under oath I might add) and b) Why Redwood is acting the part of Dave Edgar, appearing in TV studios to be interviewed and making statements which could have been written by Clarence Mitchell. No wonder the McCanns have ceased employing their own private investigators, they're getting Scotland Yard for nothing.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 8 May - 19:39

A comment on the Anorak Forum refers to "Antonella Lazzeri - the journalist equivalent of Ex-Lax".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Tue 8 May - 21:25

It was n't Maddie!

http://www.bild.de/news/ausland/maddie-mccann/urlauber-familie-spanien-fall-maddie-24049614.bild.html

Google Translate:

Tracks led to the Spanish camp Maddie case: False suspicion against German family

Enlarge
Maddie McCann case: What is the role of a German family holiday?
The case of Maddie disappeared five years ago, Madeleine McCann

Disappeared for five years, the little Maddie
Photo: DAPD
1 of 4
Previous Next

05.08.2012 - 19:06 clock
ANDREAS TIMME

London / Fuengirola (Spain) - There was a brief glimmer of hope for the parents of little Maddie: A witness had reported to the British police and reported having seen shortly after Maddie's disappearance an intimidated blonde girl in Spain - in the company of a German tourist family . But now seems clear that the suspicion against the family is wrong!

Witness Karen Sisson was then on a camping holiday near Fuengirola (Málaga in). On 6 May is a German family traveled with a caravan, she said, according to the British "Sun". Numerous media outlets, including BILD.de had reported on the newly sprouted hope.
Search for Maddie
Kate and Gerry McCann, Maddie McCann, Madeleine photo
For 5 years missing Maddie's parents do not give up hope

When the family was a little girl was that wearing a pink T-shirt, shorts and a beige hat and acted entirely absent, the witness reported. With her blonde straight hair they have clearly distinguished from the other two children, two curly heads. "It was strange," said Karen Sisson in "The Sun".

Meanwhile came out: It was the family of M. Karsten (41) - a German who lives in Switzerland. Karsten M. admitted to BILD information meeting on Tuesday to have made ​​in May 2007 with his family on camping holidays.

The girl who witnessed Karen Sisson thought Maddie was obviously Karsten Ms own daughter. It is the same age as Maddie. The other two children were among the heads of curls M. According to friends from Switzerland, who were there to visit.

Karsten M. remembers well that the campground was full time with wanted posters of Maddie. He himself was not until 18 May 2007 stayed there.

MYSTERY SOLVED BY CAR PLATE

Even the mystery of a no longer existing license plate was supposed to be solved now. The British "Sun" reported in error, the Mercedes Vito German holidaymakers have a license plate with the placemark BE - worn Beckum in Westphalia - one in 1974 pulled off the road placemark.

After image information was in fact but a Swiss license plates - BE stands for Bern.

Maddie McCann called, was on 3 May 2007 just days before her fourth birthday from a holiday resort on the Algarve coast in southern Portugal disappeared. Together with her ​​parents and two younger siblings, she was there on vacation. Kate and Gerry McCann are looking for five years after her daughter's world and have never given up hope of finding them alive.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 May - 22:13

Easy to overlook the Swiss flag next to the BE I suppose, if you're going for your 5 minutes of fame. Stupid person.

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 Swiss_numberplate
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 8 May - 22:57

Well it's just another innocent family harrassed and upset, but I don't suppose that matters. Who knows maybe they'll upset the wrong person one of these days and perhaps find themselves being sued instead of suing all and sundry themselves.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 8 May - 23:07

mara thon wrote:Well it's just another innocent family harrassed and upset, but I don't suppose that matters. Who knows maybe they'll upset the wrong person one of these days and perhaps find themselves being sued instead of suing all and sundry themselves.

Just as well that Mrs Sisson wasn't "brave enough to snatch" the Karsten daughter.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 May - 23:17

And is the Daily Express still running with this story? Is there not one journalist amongst them who has actually done any research and found that the German family has been identified?

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 16224421
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 8 May - 23:25

appalling, vile, disgusting, thats the papers for printing this sheer sh1te, and the person/s feeding them with it.jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 May - 23:27

tanszi wrote:appalling, vile, disgusting, thats the papers for printing this sheer sh1te, and the person/s feeding them with it.jimo.

Absolutely! If one of our members can find the German article about the family and the BE = Bern plate, why can't the effin' UK newspapers?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 May - 23:30

Annabel wrote:It was n't Maddie!

http://www.bild.de/news/ausland/maddie-mccann/urlauber-familie-spanien-fall-maddie-24049614.bild.html

Google Translate:

Tracks led to the Spanish camp Maddie case: False suspicion against German family

Enlarge
Maddie McCann case: What is the role of a German family holiday?
The case of Maddie disappeared five years ago, Madeleine McCann

Disappeared for five years, the little Maddie
Photo: DAPD
1 of 4
Previous Next

05.08.2012 - 19:06 clock
ANDREAS TIMME

London / Fuengirola (Spain) - There was a brief glimmer of hope for the parents of little Maddie: A witness had reported to the British police and reported having seen shortly after Maddie's disappearance an intimidated blonde girl in Spain - in the company of a German tourist family . But now seems clear that the suspicion against the family is wrong!

Witness Karen Sisson was then on a camping holiday near Fuengirola (Málaga in). On 6 May is a German family traveled with a caravan, she said, according to the British "Sun". Numerous media outlets, including BILD.de had reported on the newly sprouted hope.
Search for Maddie
Kate and Gerry McCann, Maddie McCann, Madeleine photo
For 5 years missing Maddie's parents do not give up hope

When the family was a little girl was that wearing a pink T-shirt, shorts and a beige hat and acted entirely absent, the witness reported. With her blonde straight hair they have clearly distinguished from the other two children, two curly heads. "It was strange," said Karen Sisson in "The Sun".

Meanwhile came out: It was the family of M. Karsten (41) - a German who lives in Switzerland. Karsten M. admitted to BILD information meeting on Tuesday to have made ​​in May 2007 with his family on camping holidays.

The girl who witnessed Karen Sisson thought Maddie was obviously Karsten Ms own daughter. It is the same age as Maddie. The other two children were among the heads of curls M. According to friends from Switzerland, who were there to visit.

Karsten M. remembers well that the campground was full time with wanted posters of Maddie. He himself was not until 18 May 2007 stayed there.

MYSTERY SOLVED BY CAR PLATE

Even the mystery of a no longer existing license plate was supposed to be solved now. The British "Sun" reported in error, the Mercedes Vito German holidaymakers have a license plate with the placemark BE - worn Beckum in Westphalia - one in 1974 pulled off the road placemark.

After image information was in fact but a Swiss license plates - BE stands for Bern.

Maddie McCann called, was on 3 May 2007 just days before her fourth birthday from a holiday resort on the Algarve coast in southern Portugal disappeared. Together with her ​​parents and two younger siblings, she was there on vacation. Kate and Gerry McCann are looking for five years after her daughter's world and have never given up hope of finding them alive.

Annabel, thank you for this. I have tweeted it and it's being retweeted all over the place!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 8 May - 23:33

OK Karen Sisson, you've had your 15 minutes worth of fame - you can fade into the background again after disrupting some poor innocent family's life. Happy now?

Still, there'll be a queue of Brit-abroad women of 'a certain age' just waiting to get their fizzogs in the papers, with or without help from 'certain quarters'. Heaven help families on their hols this summer.

NEXT! 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 839934
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 May - 23:44

almostgothic wrote:OK Karen Sisson, you've had your 15 minutes worth of fame - you can fade into the background again after disrupting some poor innocent family's life. Happy now?

Still, there'll be a queue of Brit-abroad women of 'a certain age' just waiting to get their fizzogs in the papers, with or without help from 'certain quarters'. Heaven help families on their hols this summer.

NEXT! 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 2 839934

Now listen up! When I was hanging out the washing one day last year, a Muntjac deer leapt from the undergrowth (my garden is a bit of a jungle!) and I swear Madeleine McCann was with it.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next