Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting

+20
tanszi
almostgothic
Keela
AnnaEsse
mumbles
Annabel
mara thon
interested
mariang
ann_chovey
Panda
margaret
jay2001
James
matthew
frencheuropean
Justiceforallkids
mossman
jd16
dutchclogs
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting

Post  Annabel Wed 9 May - 7:12

From Jeanne d'Arc:

One minor correction though:

""He himself did not stay there till 18 May 2007.""

He DID stay there UNTIL the 18th May. So Karen was right on the dates. The record shown in the Olive press and later pulled was correct regarding the dates. It was also correctly showing 2 adults included in the pitch and one child payed for additonally.

In Germany you will hardly ever find a person's last name in the papers, even when a court case is taking place. It is simply not allowed and rightly so. I hope Mr. M. will sue the lot, fast and hard.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting

Post  Chris Wed 9 May - 7:24

AnnaEsse wrote:
tanszi wrote:appalling, vile, disgusting, thats the papers for printing this sheer sh1te, and the person/s feeding them with it.jimo.

Absolutely! If one of our members can find the German article about the family and the BE = Bern plate, why can't the effin' UK newspapers?

A quick scan of the papers suggests they remain in wilful ignorance. Both the Mail and the Express websites still carry the sighting story without amendment or addition. I believe both papers were tweeted the Bild article last night. I guess "oh well, never mind" is not newsworty.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 9 May - 10:45

And still the online news outlets are ignoring what's right in front of them if they cared to look.

It's NOT Maddie.
It NEVER WAS Maddie.

Are these hacks so bloody lazy, or thick, or so under Mitchell's thumb, that they can't see beyond their nose ends? Or are they just milking it for all it's worth until they have to do the boringly predictable backtrack?
Skanky gimps.

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Wed 9 May - 10:53

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 9 May - 11:02

Well it proves one thing - if people want real 'breaking news', better not go to the UK dead tree press or the UK idiot-box media.

Internet nutters can beat all of them (with their wits tied behind their back).
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 9 May - 11:03

Interesting that when the media refer to Maddie Cops they used to mean Dave Edgar and sidekick and now mean Scotland Yard = McCann reputation management, UK media and Scotland Yard all singing from the same hymn sheet. Call that progress? 3 new clues to Maddie Cops to check Costa sighting - Page 3 303636
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 9 May - 11:15

Having paid for Ms Kretzschmar to spend a day or two on the Costa they could hardly have her standing there saying "Well that was a waste of a plane ticket". The British media reporting is looking even more of a joke that they are continuing with this charade of a "credible lead/missing piece of the jigsaw" when they could send a decent journalist*** off to Berne, have a chat with the Meyers and put it to bed.

ETA *** if we actually have any left
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Wed 9 May - 12:11

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141774/German-speaking-Swiss-native-interviewed-police-spotted-driving-blonde-girl-identical-Madeleine-McCann-away-campsite.html

A Swiss father-of-three is being interviewed by police today after it emerged he was the mystery man seen driving from the camping ground with a girl who looked like Maddie McCann days after she vanished in 2007.
Karsten Mayer, 41, is a German-speaking Swiss native who lives near the capital Bern whose own daughter was in the family car and who, he says, was mistaken for the missing toddler by a British eyewitness.
The potential sighting came three days after Madeleine was abducted from Praia da Luz in Portugal, a few hours drive away.

It emerged yesterday that British detectives investigating her disappearance have been told the German family paid extra after arriving at the campsite with one more child than expected on May 6, 2007, according to The Sun.
But Mr Mayer, who was spotted with the blonde girl, has since insisted the youngster was not Madeleine, and was infact his own daughter.
Mr Mayer also pledged to speak to police to clear himself of any connection to missing Madeleine following the media reports yesterday.

'I am turning myself over to police,' said Mr Mayer, a self employed businessman, 'before these media reports get me arrested.'
He told Blick, Switzerland's biggest daily paper; 'I did have a girl around about Maddie's age in the car - she was my own daughter who also happens to have blonde coloured hair and was about the same age as Maddie at the time.'

Karen Sisson, 49, the British woman who reported the sighting to police, said the girl 'looked groggy' and seemingly 'alienated' from the family she was with. She said the car had German plates that began with BE.
But the BE registration for the town and district of Beckum in western Germany went out of use 38 years ago.
Journalists in Switzerland used the number of the car to trace Mr Mayer to his home near Bern - BE standing for cars registered to the city and surrounding area.

Mr Mayer added; 'I was at the camping ground with my family. It is really unbelievable that I am some kind of suspect because we read about Maddie's disappearance on a notice at the campsite. We were shocked and we felt for the parents.
'It is quite possible that my daughter appeared distant. She was tired after a very long road trip.

'We spent 12 days at the camping ground we journeyed further around Portugal. I don't think a kidnapper would have done that.
'I find these media reports about me unbelievable and am reporting to police immediately before I am arrested!'
CID officers in Bern say that he has already 'all but' been ruled out of enquiries.

mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 9 May - 12:17

So at long last, the Daily Snail catches up ...

'I am turning myself over to police,' said Mr Mayer, a self employed businessman, 'before these media reports get me arrested.'

Should this guy, and others like him who will surely follow, have to go through all this unnecessary distress?
It's an outrage and needs to be stopped.
NOW.

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 9 May - 12:21

almostgothic wrote:So at long last, the Daily Snail catches up ...

Should this guy, and others like him who will surely follow, have to go through all this unnecessary distress?
It's an outrage and needs to be stopped.
NOW.

How did the media get hold of this story in the first place? Did that silly woman go to the newspapers? Why weren't the police left to check the story away from the glare of the media spotlight? it was obvious that the family would be fairly easy to trace from their registration details at the camp site. So, why not just check it instead of putting this family through this ordeal?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 9 May - 12:27

Note to families going abroad on holiday this year:

all families who have a vehicle vaguely resembling anything which could have been used to transport Madeleine,
any family who has a child who could resemble Madeleine either as a 3 year old or a 9 year old ( preferably 3 years old - more credible)
or who has a child who does not bear a fleeting resemblance to the rest of the family
or who has a child who looks "out of it", either through tiredness from a journey or having just woken up
or who has a child who likes to wear the same clothes for 2 days ( or more)

should immediately report to their local police when they are going on holiday and where and how long they will be away. The local police should then report to the police in the countries/areas concerned.

perhaps that will stop these stupid 5 minutes of fame junkies from trying to get their faces in the papers and running the risk of ruining some poor familiy's holiday.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 9 May - 12:36

Journalists in Switzerland used the number of the car to trace Mr Mayer to his home near Bern - BE standing for cars registered to the city and surrounding area.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141774/German-speaking-Swiss-native-interviewed-police-spotted-driving-blonde-girl-identical-Madeleine-McCann-away-campsite.html

Clearly a bit of elimentary detective work beyond our intrepid Sun journalists who had the information in the first place.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 9 May - 12:38

@ Anna
First time I saw Sisson's name was a comment she made on an Olive Press article re yet another sighting, and the owner-editor replied thus:

Reader Comments »

Karen Sisson says:
May 3, 2012 at 7:25 am

This has made me gasp as I reported seeing a girl like Madeleine 3 days after it happened in 2007 with a family in Cabopino Campsite,nr Marbella they also had a dark blue people carrier. She too was with them but apart and distant,I reported it several times but don’t know if it was investigated thoroughlly. It too was a very haunting image as she was not interacting with the family and looked very sad.

Jon Clarke (Publisher) says:
May 3, 2012 at 8:52 am

Hi karen, we would love to talk to you about this…we have now had at least half a dozen very good ‘sightings’ of maddie on the costa del sol…I really hope somebody can produce the killer fact!
Give our newsdesk a call on 951166060
Jon

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/05/03/i-saw-maddie-at-costa-del-sol-beach-restaurant/

Killer fact, eh?
And here's a list of nationals that Jon Clarke is linked to:

Freelance (Telegraph, Times, Mirror, Sun, Sunday Times, Mail, Mail on Sunday)
2002 - present

http://journalisted.com/jon-clarke#tab-bio

Seems to me that he finds 'em - and then feeds 'em on.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 9 May - 14:11

and is being paid for this a possibility - strange how the McCs have never slandered the press for making money out of Madeleine, but Goncalo Amaral is asked how he feels making money out of a child - you couldnt make it up.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 9 May - 14:18

So, was this properly and correctly investigated by the PJ 5 years ago? If so, and if they dismissed it at the time, its ridiculous that it comes up now as something new. The family do not say they were ever spoken to by the PJ previously, but perhaps they had no need to speak to them, because perhaps they were able to identify this family without having to speak to them.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 9 May - 14:34

LJC wrote:So, was this properly and correctly investigated by the PJ 5 years ago? If so, and if they dismissed it at the time, its ridiculous that it comes up now as something new. The family do not say they were ever spoken to by the PJ previously, but perhaps they had no need to speak to them, because perhaps they were able to identify this family without having to speak to them.

Difficult to know what "sightings" were looked into and ruled out. The informant also claims to have called Crimestoppers, the Gibraltar police and the Spanish PIs. The Gibraltar police have denied any report to them. If Metado 3 had the information it doesn't say much for their investagative skills if two newspapers can track down the family inside 48 hours.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 9 May - 14:52

The journos dont have to go round investigating stories, there given them by a PR man who tells them to write the story as told.

They don't even have to get out off their chairs regarding the Madeleine McCann story.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 9 May - 15:07

kitti wrote:The journos dont have to go round investigating stories, there given them by a PR man who tells them to write the story as told.

They don't even have to get out off their chairs regarding the Madeleine McCann story.

Sad but true
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3