Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voucherdigg Apology

+10
AnnaEsse
jay2001
Panda
Chris
jd16
Justiceforallkids
T4two
pennylane
almostgothic
margaret
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Voucherdigg Apology Empty Voucherdigg Apology

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 9:42

We were sorry!

Our editing team made the mistake, that Madeleine McCann’s image was
linked to the discount holidays to Portugal. We are sorry for the
serious wrongdoing that occurred. We unreservedly apologise for the
hurt suffered by Mr. and Mrs. McCann.

We regret our not acting faster to sort things out because of our
editing team and management overseas not being concerned about the
British social news and not realizing the wrongdoing. We realise that
this explanation and simply apologising are not enough, because the
hurt and damage are irretrievable. In the coming days, we shut down
voucherdigg.co.uk to show our sincere apology.

We deeply apologies to Mr. and Mrs. McCann.
We deeply apologies to the society.
We also apologies to the lowcostholidays for the negative brand
affect, who has nothing to do with this issue.

Vourcherdigg.co.uk team
http://www.voucherdigg.co.uk/

Judging by the wording English is not their first language.

Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Voucherdigg Apology Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Voucherdigg Apology Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Voucherdigg Apology Empty Re: Voucherdigg Apology

Post  margaret Thu 10 May - 9:43

I hope the editing team have been fired.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Voucherdigg Apology Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Voucherdigg Apology Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 10 May - 10:09

The mccanns have released pictures of maddie in eyemakeup and posing provocatively, when they allegedly believe she may be held by a paedophile. That is what I call a 'horrifying' and 'shocking' use of her image by her own parents, and far more distressing than this recent 'mistake.'

A whole lot of headlining amateur dramatics at play here if you ask me.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 May - 10:14

I certainly agree with you there Pennylane. As usual the small fry gets punished while the much bigger and guiltier fish are allowed to get away unscathed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 10 May - 10:19

pennylane wrote:The mccanns have released pictures of maddie in eyemakeup and posing provocatively, when they allegedly believe she may be held by a paedophile. That is what I call a 'horrifying' and 'shocking' use of her image by her own parents, and far more distressing than this recent 'mistake.'

When the McCanns used a photo of Mari Luz Cortes on a poster without the permission of Mari's parents there wasn't a great deal of fuss if my memory serves me.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 10 May - 10:31

The publicity effect of this bizarre event has once again been exploited to the limit by the 'victims' - a major happening for their reputation management team. Exquisite timing; you couldn't make it up - or could you?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 May - 10:34

Jane Tanner is a marketing manager - I sometimes wonder if she has anything to do with the stories that come out!

She certainly has a vivid imagination as shown by stories of who she did or did not see on 3rd May 2007.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 10 May - 10:39

Strikes me that there's a lesson to be learned here for anyone with a website attracting a worldwide audience - ie to be mindful of global, in-the-news events and differing cultural values.
But at least there was an apology.

Anna is quite right to cite the case of Mari Luz.
When her father justifiably protested, Mitchell's reaction was:
“It is shameful that Mari Luz's father has brought himself to complain.”

Pompous, hypocritical nether orifice.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 10 May - 10:50

almostgothic wrote:Strikes me that there's a lesson to be learned here for anyone with a website attracting a worldwide audience - ie to be mindful of global, in-the-news events and differing cultural values.

Thanks. That was the attitude. Mari's family should have been grateful, but instead they complained because they hadn't been asked. How shameful is that? They should have realised how honoured they were to be included in something by the Mighty McCanns.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 10 May - 10:50

AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:The mccanns have released pictures of maddie in eyemakeup and posing provocatively, when they allegedly believe she may be held by a paedophile. That is what I call a 'horrifying' and 'shocking' use of her image by her own parents, and far more distressing than this recent 'mistake.'

When the McCanns used a photo of Mari Luz Cortes on a poster without the permission of Mari's parents there wasn't a great deal of fuss if my memory serves me.

Good comparison Anna, the McCanns reaction was that of unrepentant indignation. As we have seen during the past 5 years of the gruesome twosome and their campaign of unbridled greed... they absolutely do not do guilt, apologies or humility in any way shape or form!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 10 May - 11:03

AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Strikes me that there's a lesson to be learned here for anyone with a website attracting a worldwide audience - ie to be mindful of global, in-the-news events and differing cultural values.

Thanks. That was the attitude. Mari's family should have been grateful, but instead they complained because they hadn't been asked. How shameful is that? They should have realised how honoured they were to be included in something by the Mighty McCanns.

But Mari Luz's family were just a bunch of raggle taggle Gipsies - no need to ask their permission Voucherdigg Apology 371436
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 10 May - 11:06

i wonder when me and the other person will geta apology??? probably never not that i care but it shows you shouldnt accuse someon of hacking when theres no proof!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 May - 11:11

Was it the pond life on JATYK who thought it was you, Carly? If it was, don't hold your breath waiting for an apology.

P.S. Apologies to all real pond life who might be traumatised at being linked with Bonnybraes and her banshees.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 10 May - 11:15

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Was it the pond life on JATYK who thought it was you, Carly? If it was, don't hold your breath waiting for an apology.

P.S. Apologies to all real pond life who might be traumatised at being linked with Bonnybraes and her banshees.

yep that would be them !!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 10 May - 12:53

Voucherdigg Apology 307691
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 13:27

Justiceforallkids wrote:i wonder when me and the other person will geta apology??? probably never not that i care but it shows you shouldnt accuse someon of hacking when theres no proof!!!

Don't hold your breath. Apparently in some quarters the apology is a fake despite being announced by the owner of Lowcostholidays prior to its appearance. Considering he has actually suffered some commercial damage through this I suspect he is in a position of knowledge.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 10 May - 14:12

Wasn't there some news that the lowcost hacking had been traced to China? We have an apology but did this ad include the photo of Madeleiene?

It seems odd Voucherdigg made no mention of the photo or how it was obtained if they are overseas."our editing andd management overseas not being concerned about the British social news."....Something not right here.!!

We were sorry!

Vourcherdigg.co.uk team
[b]
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 14:26

Panda wrote:Wasn't there some news that the lowcost hacking had been traced to China? We have an apology but did this ad include the photo of Madeleiene?

It seems odd Voucherdigg made no mention of the photo or how it was obtained if they are overseas."our editing andd management overseas not being concerned about the British social news."....Something not right here.!!

No. The owner of Lowcostholidays simply said the picture had been linked to a marketing source in China, no suggestion of hacking at all. Why is there something not right? If the site operator is an overseas business why wouldn't they be located overseas and possibly ignorant of the picture's significance. They themselves refer to it as an error on their part not hacking or done with intent.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 10 May - 14:48

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:Wasn't there some news that the lowcost hacking had been traced to China? We have an apology but did this ad include the photo of Madeleiene?

No. The owner of Lowcostholidays simply said the picture had been linked to a marketing source in China, no suggestion of hacking at all. Why is there something not right? If the site operator is an overseas business why wouldn't they be located overseas and possibly ignorant of the picture's significance. They themselves refer to it as an error on their part not hacking or done with intent.

That,s what I mean, a marketing company in China promoting a Holiday in Portugal picks out Madeleine's photo out of hundreds ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 15:07

Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:

That,s what I mean, a marketing company in China promoting a Holiday in Portugal picks out Madeleine's photo out of hundreds ?

I guess it depends how the company was obtaining and choosing photographs to include. For example if you Google Image "holiday Portugal" the first page includes images of MM (including the one used) amongst a small number which are not pictures of specific places.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 10 May - 15:44

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:

I guess it depends how the company was obtaining and choosing photographs to include. For example if you Google Image "holiday Portugal" the first page includes images of MM (including the one used) amongst a small number which are not pictures of specific places.

Well chris, since the McCanns are bombarding the Media at the moment and all of a sudden a Chinese Marketing Company places a photo of Madeleine
in their ad for a holiday in Portugal is about a million to one in my book, so let's agree to differ. Voucherdigg Apology 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 16:10

Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:

Well chris, since the McCanns are bombarding the Media at the moment and all of a sudden a Chinese Marketing Company places a photo of Madeleine
in their ad for a holiday in Portugal is about a million to one in my book, so let's agree to differ. Voucherdigg Apology 294124

We can certainly agree to differ although I am not sure of your position. Do we know whether the picture's appearance was sudden? As far as I can tell image properties only tell me when I first view a picture on a website (ie when the temporary internet file is created) not how long an image has been on a website.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 10 May - 16:21

I only saw like everyone else, the photo of Madeleine advertising the lowcost holiday. Anyway, I'M watching the Leveson Inquiry on the World News
Armageddon thread, it's a link so you just click on much more interesting ....Coulson doesn't seem to know much Voucherdigg Apology 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 10 May - 16:26

Velly solly - millions of yuan encrose in blown enverope!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 10 May - 16:45

We were sorry!

Vourcherdigg.co.uk team
[b]

We regret our not acting faster..

Possessive with a gerund! That implies someone with a good command of English grammar.

apologising

Probably a Brit as American English would be 'apologizing,' and someone using spell check to check their English would probably get the American version.

Also, good use of adverbs. So, we have a jumble of good English grammar and something that looks like pidgin English. It appears to me to be someone trying to pretend that English is not their first language.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next