Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

madeleine book sales

+13
AnnaEsse
cass
T4two
MaryB
fred
Keela
quickfingers
kitti
bill516
maebee
the slave
jd16
margaret
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

madeleine book sales - Page 2 Empty Re: madeleine book sales

Post  MaryB Fri 25 May - 11:38

The paperback version has gone right down in the ratings. But it hasn't received that much publicity. So I suppose it would be fair to assume that if the first version had received the enormous backing of the Sun newspaper and also the rest of the media it wouldn't have done as well, and wouldn't have made nearly as much money. Incdentally why do they need all this money. Wouldn't the fact that 37 Scotland Yard detectives are working on the case be enough for anybody
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
madeleine book sales - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100madeleine book sales - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 25 May - 11:45

Lawyers.....

They sue people to make money to pay lawyers to sue other people...

There hoping for the JACKPOT off all JACKPOTS so they can say....we've done all we can, SY are doing the job now ...they will hope to retire with there booty...

Shame they won't win......and mr amaral will start HIS progress in suing the mccanns and the British newspapers.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
madeleine book sales - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100madeleine book sales - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 25 May - 12:10

I mus say I always thought people using 'would of' instead of 'would have' is some sort of code. But I've always been a bit of a conspiracy theorist.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 May - 12:16

No I think it's just a case of bad grammar MaryB! Perhaps we could have a topic about the sayings / expressions that irritate us for whatever reason. I'd kick off with pence being referred to as p - particularly in TV commercials. The old pre-decimal pennies were never referred to as p so I don't know why this irritating habit began.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Fri 25 May - 12:51

MaryB wrote:The paperback version has gone right down in the ratings. But it hasn't received that much publicity. So I suppose it would be fair to assume that if the first version had received the enormous backing of the Sun newspaper and also the rest of the media it wouldn't have done as well, and wouldn't have made nearly as much money. Incdentally why do they need all this money. Wouldn't the fact that 37 Scotland Yard detectives are working on the case be enough for anybody
Hi MaryB, you ask why do they need money, well Kate no longer works and last time I looked Gerry wasn't on the Spires Health private clinic list where he did his private consulting, so that's maybe why, they have a hefty monthly mortgage you know madeleine book sales - Page 2 49091
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 25 May - 13:03

Not Born Yesterday wrote:No I think it's just a case of bad grammar MaryB! Perhaps we could have a topic about the sayings / expressions that irritate us for whatever reason. I'd kick off with pence being referred to as p - particularly in TV commercials. The old pre-decimal pennies were never referred to as p so I don't know why this irritating habit began.

I don't tend to get irritated by sayings or expressions when I believe the person has good intentions. Spelling, grammar and the use of clichés becomes significant when it's somebody really nasty who is typing the messages and their poor use of language irritates me even further.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Fri 25 May - 13:24

I saw some posters advertising the book on the Underground yesterday.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 25 May - 13:25

AnnaEsse wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:No I think it's just a case of bad grammar MaryB! Perhaps we could have a topic about the sayings / expressions that irritate us for whatever reason. I'd kick off with pence being referred to as p - particularly in TV commercials. The old pre-decimal pennies were never referred to as p so I don't know why this irritating habit began.

I don't tend to get irritated by sayings or expressions when I believe the person has good intentions. Spelling, grammar and the use of clichés becomes significant when it's somebody really nasty who is typing the messages and their poor use of language irritates me even further.

Agree. This forum is about Madeleine and not about perfect writing skills. Criticism of people's writing detracts from the content of the post in question and can lead to a poster stopping posting altogether so that we no longer have the benefit of that poster's input.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 25 May - 13:32

T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Agree. This forum is about Madeleine and not about perfect writing skills. Criticism of people's writing detracts from the content of the post in question and can lead to a poster stopping posting altogether so that we no longer have the benefit of that poster's input.

Thank you. My attitude is that as long as I know what our valued members are saying, it doesn't matter at all how they say it.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 25 May - 13:46

quickfingers wrote:I saw some posters advertising the book on the Underground yesterday.

Another golden opportunity missed to advertise for all missing children at the same time on the same poster with no more than the cost of a bit of printing ink.

Re the annoying remarks or the typos - I have done battle with my spell checker which is US English so it removes a from paedophile, u from colour and so on.
Now I've turned it off it doesn't correct typos anymore but on the other hand, it doesn't make a wild guess at the word I meant to write either, so that now I have more typos but better syntax and thank goodness UK spelling!

The only phrase I've become allergic to is: 'To be honest......' I wonder why?

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 25 May - 14:39

tigger wrote:
quickfingers wrote:I saw some posters advertising the book on the Underground yesterday.

Another golden opportunity missed to advertise for all missing children at the same time on the same poster with no more than the cost of a bit of printing ink.

Re the annoying remarks or the typos - I have done battle with my spell checker which is US English so it removes a from paedophile, u from colour and so on.
Now I've turned it off it doesn't correct typos anymore but on the other hand, it doesn't make a wild guess at the word I meant to write either, so that now I have more typos but better syntax and thank goodness UK spelling!

The only phrase I've become allergic to is: 'To be honest......' I wonder why?

To be honest, I don't know!!!!!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 25 May - 14:40

Gob smacked is my bug bear!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 25 May - 14:50

To be honest I can't recall. (And if I could recall I might not tell anyway) I've given up counting how many times people can't remember or can't recall in that Leveson enquiry. But having said that I can't recall anybody saying to be honest yet!!
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 25 May - 15:09

tigger wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Handy fly-swatter?

Stolen from a Wodehouse story: 'this book should not be taken up lightly but hurled against the wall with great force.'

I'm intrigued that after the great media fest we had a few weeks ago, the book simply sidled into the bookshops without a fanfare. The epilogue and the paperback weren't mentioned much at all. Ah well, Blacksmith did say it was the longest suicide note in history -

English is going downhill with the help of such literature as the DM. Bored of - I would of done - of is not 'have' or 'by' - drives me mad!

Could it be that one of the purposes of the book is that KM can be intoduced in future not as the mother who lost a child (sob sob) but the well-known writer who also lost a child? (ouch!)
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 May - 15:41

Well it wasn't me - I was home all day.

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Fri 25 May - 15:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 May - 16:14

That shows a desperation IMO, probably Transworld , the McCanns wouldn't pay for anything expensive .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 25 May - 16:36

i went to morrisons last night --- it was on sale for 3-99 front of the book still the baby pic --- flicked through it and there was a a few oics of kate n gerry all happy and the updated pic of madeleine but not a large one --- but it was a quick flick --- hubby rolled his eyes as if to say dont you dare -as if to say we are not talking about it while shopping madeleine book sales - Page 2 613255
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 25 May - 16:44

cass wrote:i went to morrisons last night --- it was on sale for 3-99 front of the book still the baby pic --- flicked through it and there was a a few oics of kate n gerry all happy and the updated pic of madeleine but not a large one --- but it was a quick flick --- hubby rolled his eyes as if to say dont you dare -as if to say we are not talking about it while shopping madeleine book sales - Page 2 613255

I got told off in a shop in Leicester and was told, "Shhh, you never know who's listening."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 25 May - 16:45

AnnaEsse wrote:
cass wrote:i went to morrisons last night --- it was on sale for 3-99 front of the book still the baby pic --- flicked through it and there was a a few oics of kate n gerry all happy and the updated pic of madeleine but not a large one --- but it was a quick flick --- hubby rolled his eyes as if to say dont you dare -as if to say we are not talking about it while shopping madeleine book sales - Page 2 613255

I got told off in a shop in Leicester and was told, "Shhh, you never know who's listening."
I WONDER WHOSE THAT MIGHT BE?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 May - 16:53

Hi cass, I gave up discussing this subject with my Friends a long time ago, they cannot understand why I am a Member of a Forum whose sole purpose is to discuss Madeleine and the McCanns.......five years down the Line. madeleine book sales - Page 2 23324
When you think of it, it really has become an addiction, we know nothing about the McCanns except what we have read in the Press and opiniionated
upon, even less about Madeleine .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Fri 25 May - 17:23

Panda wrote:

Hi cass, I gave up discussing this subject with my Friends a long time ago, they cannot understand why I am a Member of a Forum whose sole purpose is to discuss Madeleine and the McCanns.......five years down the Line. madeleine book sales - Page 2 23324
When you think of it, it really has become an addiction, we know nothing about the McCanns except what we have read in the Press and opiniionated

Hi Panda, very true but what we do know is that she was very badly let down by those who should have known better, her parents. Whatever happened to Madeleine her parents allowed it to happen.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 May - 17:37

[quote="Bobsy"]
Panda wrote:

Hi Panda, very true but what we do know is that she was very badly let down by those who should have known better, her parents. Whatever happened to Madeleine her parents allowed it to happen.
[
/quote]

Hi bobsy, yes, we all know the McCanns were negligent Parents but that doesn't explain our continuing interest in reporting on the latest News, going over old ground to keep the interest alive madeleine book sales - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 25 May - 18:14

MaryB wrote:To be honest I can't recall. (And if I could recall I might not tell anyway) I've given up counting how many times people can't remember or can't recall in that Leveson enquiry. But having said that I can't recall anybody saying to be honest yet!!
madeleine book sales - Page 2 294124

To be honest I have no memory of the questions some people ask me - and also to be honest when my cat went missing I was just totally non functioning - except I wanted to go the church to ask for the return of said cat but to be honest I didn't know where it was...
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2