Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal

2 posters

Go down

Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal Empty Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jun - 9:27

Six year old Sierra Newbold, allegedly abducted from her bedroom, has been found dead in river

A 6-year-old girl found dead in a canal near her home was sexually assaulted, and authorities are now searching for a suspect, police said Wednesday.

Police in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Jordan said the girl was reported missing by her mother early Tuesday morning. On Wednesday, police ruled Sierra Newbold’s death a homicide and said an autopsy determined she had been sexually assaulted.

“At this time no suspects have been identified and we do not have any persons of interest,” Police Chief Doug Diamond said Wednesday.

He said that while residents in the area shouldn’t panic, “there’s obviously a predator out there.”

“Our highest priority now is to identify, arrest, and successfully prosecute the person or persons responsible for this crime,” Diamond said. “I share in the concern of our residents for the ongoing safety and security of our children.”

The chief said he has increased police patrols in the area and is asking parents to take precautions to protect their children.

“If during the course of this investigation an imminent threat becomes known, we will share that information with our residents immediately,” he said.

Diamond said the girl’s parents, Kathy and Brad Newbold, have been cooperating in the investigation. He asked the public to respect the family’s privacy at this time, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

Reed Newbold, the girl’s grandfather, said her mother found her missing from her bedroom early Tuesday.

“We don’t have any idea” how the girl disappeared or whether she was taken from the bedroom, Reed Newbold told The Associated Press. “It’s a complete mystery.”

The parents “are devastated by this,” he said. No working telephone number could be found for the parents, and authorities had cordoned off the neighborhood with police tape and patrol cars, where pink and purple ribbons hung on trees and mailboxes.

Fox 13 News
The location where Sierra Newbold was found, after police believe she was sexually assaulted and murdered.
Officers found Sierra’s body in the canal about a block from her home, just 30 minutes after her mother “discovered she was not there and called us,” police Sgt. Drew Sanders said.

Sanders declined to comment on any possible motive in the case. Investigators also are withholding a precise chain of events leading to the girl’s disappearance.

“We haven’t come to any conclusion,” Sanders said. He said police have “tons of leads” and “it’s paramount we find out who did this.”

Police have said there were no signs of a break-in at the family’s home, and they declined to release any more details about the case.

New York Daily News online June 28th, 2012
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal Empty Re: Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 28 Jun - 11:04

Panda, what do you think about moving this to 'Daily News.'?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal Empty Re: Six year old girl allegedly abducted found dead in Canal

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jun - 11:15

AnnaEsse wrote:Panda, what do you think about moving this to 'Daily News.'?

Leave it where it is AnnaEsse, it is World News because it happened in a Foreign country and will be ongoing. Daily News is odds and sods.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 28 Jun - 11:27

Panda wrote:

Leave it where it is AnnaEsse, it is World News because it happened in a Foreign country and will be ongoing. Daily News is odds and sods.

OK Panda. Let me know if you want it moved.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jun - 11:38

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

OK Panda. Let me know if you want it moved.

I will. The poor child has only just been found so there will be a full investigation. the fact that she was "kidnapped" is suspicious . what happened in the "Baby " kidnap case, also in the States, where the Father had only just returned from the nightshift I seem to remember the wife had been drinking.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 28 Jun - 12:41

Panda, that's Lisa Irwin you're thinking about who "disappeared" last October. I can't find anything recent about her so there can be no new developments. There was a more recent case - and for once I can't remember her (possibly Hispanic) name - of a six-year-old girl who also vanished from her bedroom. Bedrooms certainly seem to be dangerous places.

As for this latest case, let's hope that whoever is responsible is brought to justice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jun - 12:53

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda, that's Lisa Irwin you're thinking about who "disappeared" last October. I can't find anything recent about her so there can be no new developments. There was a more recent case - and for once I can't remember her (possibly Hispanic) name - of a six-year-old girl who also vanished from her bedroom. Bedrooms certainly seem to be dangerous places.

As for this latest case, let's hope that whoever is responsible is brought to justice.

Thanks NBY for the info. Can you imagine how that little girl suffered.....I was almost in tears when I read the Article. In the back of my mind I suspect
the Father but until the investigation gets under way we don't know. It's the "kidnap" bit that bothers me , anyone trying to kidnap a child from her bedroom takes an awful risk IMO
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 28 Jun - 12:59

It is difficult to think of any cases like this where a family member was not involved. There was a very strange case within the last 10 years in England where a six-year-old girl was taken from her bath by a complete stranger. The exact location was not published to prevent identifying the family as the child was raped but then left naked wandering the streets.

I think that the bathroom was on the ground floor and the attacker got access through a side entrance but how he knew there was a child there I don't know as he was apparently a total stranger.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jun - 13:34

That poor child must have been traumatised for life.

Many Moons ago I was with some friends in a Club in London and this really attactive Girl started a conversation with us. A few minutes later this guy came up , very smartly dressed and joined the girl...it wasn't until he started talking I realised "he" was a "she". The Girl was his girlfriend and they sat
at our table . "He was sitting next to me and after a while I asked what made him want to change from Female to Male. He said when he was growing
up his 3 older Brothers used to have sex with him and warned him not to tell their Parents. This is why he adopted a Male gender , because he had
more feelings for Females than Males.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down