Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself

+11
AnnaEsse
cherry1
jd16
Wallflower
marxman
almostgothic
T4two
mara thon
BelEddie
Bobsy
Annabel
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself

Post  tigger Mon 16 Jul - 20:47

http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/news/1036943/Missing-People-charity-faces-battle-survival/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH

Missingpeople charity battling to keep government donation....very interesting.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 16 Jul - 20:51

T4two wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:DISGUSTING!! Lets hope Lady Meyer gets taken down along with Lady McCann soon!!! The connections in this case are unbelievable!!

One thing is for sure Ill never give to a charity again!!

Lady Meyer won't be taken down - it isn't possible and she knows it. That's why she's never batted an eyelid and is carrying on as before. After all, she's Lady Meyer and anyway to quote a familiar phrase, "We all do it". And I can quite believe it - I'm sure they do. That's why KM fits in so well and they can overlook her ghastly accent. IMO it's far more likely that anyone who has had the audacity to point the finger at Lady Meyer would be taken down than Lady Meyer herself. Same goes for Lady Muck doesn't it? Perhaps Dr. Amaral should thank his lucky stars that he's being sued in Portugal and not in the UK.

She will!! nobody stays at the top for ever, everyone falls from grace at some stage, Meyer seems Miss Popular now bacause nobody dare speak out about her but some one will one day.... enough bad publicity eg: from Twitter, Face Book and Forums ppl will start to read up and find out for them selves what going on, Charities dont need this bad publicity and also Katey McCann getting in on the act is NOT going to help charities AT ALL, to many ppl question the McCanns now.

Just like Government spin Doctors....who advises them I dont know but they get it wrong all the time, just like these Charities will.

These Charities can't afford bad publicity at all, if they lose the publics respect...... they will never get it back ever!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lady Meyer Kate McCann Now I See /Himself - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 16 Jul - 21:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
cherry1 wrote:Its great to support charities in practical ways like that.

A number of years ago there was a documentary which went out on Channel 4,
highlighting the fact that some large high profile charities were going around collecting, making
appeals etc.saying they urgently needed money when they had for example seven years money
in the bank. This was taking money away from smaller charities who were doing just as good a
job but who really needed urgently money to get through the next year. They were saying before
donating and supporting a charity always check out the accounts and see if they really do
need the money.

Some charities have so much money that it is wasted like on numerous company cars, marble fittings in their offices, throwing out all the stationery every three months and then ordering in new design of stationery etc.

Many smaller charities doing great work are closing down, these charities dont have large fundraising
and publicity departments and are doing vital work in the community. So really essential nowadays to check to make sure that the money donated is going to be put to good and proper use.

I stopped my monthly subs to charities about 18 months ago. I now only support the Dog's Trust and the Cat's Protection league on a regular basis. At my local Tesco, there is a bin for donations of food for the CPL and I add a pack of something to my trolley every week to drop in there.

My local Tesco also features individual missing children with large posters. I haven't seen one of Madeleine there, though.

I always give cat food or biscuits to the animal donation bins, cloths to the Dove House charity shop as these things are no good to the likes Meyers and McCanns of this world, unless they like animal food and raggy old second hand clothes.....but from this week on I will never ever give cash to any charity ever again.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Mon 16 Jul - 21:21

AnnaEsse wrote:
meg wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Well, I think that's me done with charities until further notice ......

Except these:

1) Local charity shops and the organisations they represent. I know who they are and what they do, and they use the money for the purpose it was intended.

2) RNLI - a really worthwhile cause, and I can't as yet see any way that Madam Ambassador could inveigle her way into that one.*

* However, if anyone spots Madam Ambassador in full lifeboat gear and whistling I Am Sailing, then please let me know and I'll revise my choices accordingly.

My attitude to charities has changed. I will carry on supporting my local charity shops that are for local charities and will support the local Dog's Trust.

Is the National Dogs Trust good to donate to? I have a friend who wants to donate a large amount to help dogs but wants to be sure it is used properly
and not used for high salaries, nothing against anybody taking a reasonable salary for the work they do for charity (we all need to live)

I support my local Dog's Trust because they do great work. I visit regularly to see the dogs, who are all in comfortable and clean little rooms, with a door to the outside, where they can go out for some fresh air. They have lots of volunteers who walk the dogs.

I support them in practical ways by taking old towels and blankets I manage to collect, for bedding, and by always taking a few packs of dog biscuits or tins of food. I'd rather do that than pay a few pounds every month.

We don't have a local Dogs Trust (the nearest one is 30 miles away), maybe the way forward to set one up with their money
meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 75
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jul - 22:09

meg wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Well, I think that's me done with charities until further notice ......

Except these:

1) Local charity shops and the organisations they represent. I know who they are and what they do, and they use the money for the purpose it was intended.

2) RNLI - a really worthwhile cause, and I can't as yet see any way that Madam Ambassador could inveigle her way into that one.*

* However, if anyone spots Madam Ambassador in full lifeboat gear and whistling I Am Sailing, then please let me know and I'll revise my choices accordingly.

My attitude to charities has changed. I will carry on supporting my local charity shops that are for local charities and will support the local Dog's Trust.

Is the National Dogs Trust good to donate to? I have a friend who wants to donate a large amount to help dogs but wants to be sure it is used properly
and not used for high salaries, nothing against anybody taking a reasonable salary for the work they do for charity (we all need to live)

In the year 2000 my Arthur(the doggie in my avatar) died. I couldn't face owning another dog, so I sponsored two dogs through the National Canine Defence League which was the former name of the Dogs Trust. One dog was living in a NCDL home in County Durham and another dog lived in an NCDL home in Telford, Shropshire. My living out partner Paul, who is also sadly deceased, took me to Telford to see my sponsored dog. I telephoned the NCDL before we left to make sure it was ok to visit the dog.

When we arrived, I was horrified to see a large poster, outside the reception, asking for dog meat, dog biscuits as well as blankets and toys. I could understand the charity wanting blankets and toys but not dog food. We saw the dog that I sponsored, although we had been told we could take him for a little walk and give him some treats, when we arrived, we were told we couldn't do any of those things. We could only stroke him through the bars of his cage, but because he didn't know us, he wouldn't come anywhere near us. A female member of staff, walked past and the dog jumped against the cage and started wagging his tail and barking. The girl completely ignored the poor dog and it really upset me.

All of the kennels that we saw, had the names of people who had bought them. There was a big agility centre in the middle of all of the kennels, which had the name of the person who paid for the centre on the door. Not one dog was in the agility centre. All of the dogs were sponsored by at least ½ a dozen people as well.

Paul and I, had decided years ago, not to buy each other presents for birthdays and Christmas, instead we bought stuff for our local animal sanctuary. They weren't a registered charity, so they only wanted things like food for the animals, kitchen roll, bin liners etc. They also had a shop were you could donate items, which they sold to raise money. I was telling the owner of the sanctuary the story of my visit to Telford and I told him how they were asking for dog food as well as blankets and toys. We weren't the only people who did this, lots of other people did the same.

The guy said to me "I'll show you where your money is going" and he showed me an advertisement where NCDL were advertising for a sales rep and the salary was £40k per year, plus a car. I immediately stopped my donations, I know it sounds harsh but I couldn't give money to a charity that pays such a huge salary, plus a car, to a sales rep. I can only imagine how much salary the top dogs (no pun intended) of the NCDL were receiving, if a sales rep was receiving £40k per year, plus a car.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2