Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now removed from official face book page

+9
Bobsy
tigger
tabs
MaryB
cass
matthew
T4two
Chris
susible
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Now removed from official face book page  Empty Now removed from official face book page

Post  pamalam Fri 10 Aug - 19:18

Now removed from official face book page

Now removed from official face book page  Ofb10812

Now removed from official face book page  TiaSharp_missingPeople550
pamalam
pamalam
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 364
Warning :
Now removed from official face book page  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Now removed from official face book page  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Now removed from official face book page  Empty Re: Now removed from official face book page

Post  susible Fri 10 Aug - 19:26

They took their time to even advertise it on the page...they should have done that last week
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :
Now removed from official face book page  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Now removed from official face book page  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Now removed from official face book page  Empty Re: Now removed from official face book page

Post  Chris Sat 11 Aug - 6:23

Not surprising it has been taken down after a cadaver dog picked up a scent leading to a more thorough search of the house.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 11 Aug - 8:39

susible wrote:They took their time to even advertise it on the page...they should have done that last week

Indeed, if Missing People are so slow off the mark with all their lost and missing people, what's the use? A lot can happen to a 12 year old in one week.
All they did is to get one of their directors on TV - bit of free advertising for their fund raising.
They also said people could phone them in confidence - if they didn't want to speak to the police. Rubbish imo as anyone can leave an anonymous message with the police fairly easily.

It just shows what these charities are all about. Fundraising and publicity.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 11 Aug - 13:27

tigger wrote:
susible wrote:They took their time to even advertise it on the page...they should have done that last week

Indeed, if Missing People are so slow off the mark with all their lost and missing people, what's the use? A lot can happen to a 12 year old in one week.
All they did is to get one of their directors on TV - bit of free advertising for their fund raising.
They also said people could phone them in confidence - if they didn't want to speak to the police. Rubbish imo as anyone can leave an anonymous message with the police fairly easily.

It just shows what these charities are all about. Fundraising and publicity.

...and... unfortunately as an (unintended) by product - muddying the waters in what often turn out to be criminal cases involving immediate family and not abductions at all.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 11 Aug - 13:32

In my opinion this just proves how useless all these close all the ports and airport and border alerts are. Look close to home is the answer in nearly every case. Sad though it is.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sat 11 Aug - 14:12

MaryB wrote:In my opinion this just proves how useless all these close all the ports and airport and border alerts are. Look close to home is the answer in nearly every case. Sad though it is.

Agreed Mary,
Surprised this case was on their fb page...especially when the t-shirts made an appearance,seems all too familiar to other cases in the not too distant past

The police have been criticised for their non finding of the body earlier but they have a protocol to be sensitive to the family in these cases,if a family member is involved i can understand how hard it is for the police even if they suspect foul play from the start.
In this case the dogs went in the house wednesday...alerted somewhere in the house,undoubtedly not where the body was later found...& they sent in the forensics friday to take samples from where the dogs had alerted to,who im sure did not expect the body to be in the house

I think the time has come to forget about being sensitive & make the parents/guardians suspects straight away,bring in the dogs on day1,the police could use resources to finding the child aswell as this unsensitive approach & if this new approach fails to find immediate evidence off foul play...then the investigation can continue into a dissapearance.

Parents who are genuine in a case like this would understand,surely nothing can hurt more than the thoughts in your mind,aginst the police scrutinisng you as a suspect

If only this method was used years ago
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 11 Aug - 16:00

matthew wrote:
MaryB wrote:In my opinion this just proves how useless all these close all the ports and airport and border alerts are. Look close to home is the answer in nearly every case. Sad though it is.

Agreed Mary,
Surprised this case was on their fb page...especially when the t-shirts made an appearance,seems all too familiar to other cases in the not too distant past

The police have been criticised for their non finding of the body earlier but they have a protocol to be sensitive to the family in these cases,if a family member is involved i can understand how hard it is for the police even if they suspect foul play from the start.
In this case the dogs went in the house wednesday...alerted somewhere in the house,undoubtedly not where the body was later found...& they sent in the forensics friday to take samples from where the dogs had alerted to,who im sure did not expect the body to be in the house Now removed from official face book page  307691 i think theres been a softly softly approce
I think the time has come to forget about being sensitive & make the parents/guardians suspects straight away,bring in the dogs on day1,the police could use resources to finding the child aswell as this unsensitive approach & if this new approach fails to find immediate evidence off foul play...then the investigation can continue into a dissapearance.

Parents who are genuine in a case like this would understand,surely nothing can hurt more than the thoughts in your mind,aginst the police scrutinisng you as a suspect

If only this method was used years ago
Now removed from official face book page  307691
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 11 Aug - 19:51

What bothers me is that they've used the most 'attractive ' photograph of Tia on that page. In a very adult and made-up pose, eye make up, lippy, looking over her shoulder. Hmm. Nothing like the spec-wearing girl on other snaps.
In the first place Tia will have looked as much like that in real life as Maddie did with the blue eyeshadow on. Not good for recognition purposes.

In the second place why pick a photograph where she looks about 15/16?

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 11 Aug - 20:50

tigger wrote:What bothers me is that they've used the most 'attractive ' photograph of Tia on that page. In a very adult and made-up pose, eye make up, lippy, looking over her shoulder. Hmm. Nothing like the spec-wearing girl on other snaps.
In the first place Tia will have looked as much like that in real life as Maddie did with the blue eyeshadow on. Not good for recognition purposes.

I cannot understand them putting that photograph up either, plus who took it?? My grandaughter is eleven and a half and she looks like the child she is. None of us would dream of taking a photo of her looking like that, not that she would ever look like that at her age. She is just a child for God's sake. The world has gone mad.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sat 11 Aug - 20:58

fuzeta wrote:
tigger wrote:What bothers me is that they've used the most 'attractive ' photograph of Tia on that page. In a very adult and made-up pose, eye make up, lippy, looking over her shoulder. Hmm. Nothing like the spec-wearing girl on other snaps.

I cannot understand them putting that photograph up either, plus who took it?? My grandaughter is eleven and a half and she looks like the child she is. None of us would dream of taking a photo of her looking like that, not that she would ever look like that at her age. She is just a child for God's sake. The world has gone mad.

She was just a child fuzeta, now sadly a dead child.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 11 Aug - 21:07

Bobsy wrote:
fuzeta wrote:

She was just a child fuzeta, now sadly a dead child.

Exactly Bobsy, so tragic.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 11 Aug - 21:31

I remember Martin Brunt saying several times on Friday that the dogs were going in and 20 police officers for a full forensic search that afternoon. And the reason was presumably because of something they had already found. I think the biggest mistake was not moving them all out of the house really. But then again maybe that would upset a family if they were completely innocent. It's difficult. But I think they should have erred on the side of caution and moved the family out. And the same with the McCanns nobody should have gone back into the apartment after the police arrived. Even more so in that case as Madeleine actually disappeared from the apartment that was certain. But in Tia's case it wasn't certain she had disappeared from the house at first.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pamalam Sat 11 Aug - 21:31

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/tiasharp
The Angle of the pose is how missing people have put it on their website.

This is the pose in the normal press. It Gives a completely different perspective of it in my opinion

Now removed from official face book page  Tia+Sharp
pamalam
pamalam
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 364
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Sat 11 Aug - 22:30

This case has really upset me

I've connected in a way I never have since Maddie really

probably because Tia is the image of my daughter - and I mean to the point when they showed the pic of her pointing her tongue out that was blue and I saw it on tv I thought it was my daughter for a split second ( as did many of my family!)

probably does not help that the step dad's surname was my maiden name and I come from SE London

alot about this has hit home hard

I was so hoping for a better outcome - the poor girl - I hope she is at peace now and those responsible suffer for the rest of their lives

RIP Tia :-( sleep well sweetheart
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 12 Aug - 6:30

pamalam wrote:

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/tiasharp
The Angle of the pose is how missing people have put it on their website.

This is the pose in the normal press. It Gives a completely different perspective of it in my opinion

Now removed from official face book page  Tia+Sharp

B.......... H........!!!!! Sorry, I don't often lose my temper!
If there ever was any doubt about the sexualisation of poses and photographs of Maddie, this should clinch it imo.

Who has changed the photograph of Tia to make it look more 'glamorous'? Someone connected with TM !!!
Where it was a photograph of a child looking up, it's now a more suggestive pose.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 12 Aug - 9:15

Why have they 'tilted' the picture?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 12 Aug - 9:20

kitti wrote:Why have they 'tilted' the picture?

Looks as if she's lying down, looking up at you - a made up 12 year old with mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and looking about 16+....

Not appropriate imo.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 12 Aug - 9:31

tigger wrote:
kitti wrote:Why have they 'tilted' the picture?

Looks as if she's lying down, looking up at you - a made up 12 year old with mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and looking about 16+....

Not appropriate imo.

The angle reminds me of the skirting board picture of Madeleine.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 12 Aug - 9:31

A link to Tia's granny facebook page who has now been arrested on suspicion of Tia's murder. Am speechless

https://www.facebook.com/bicknell.chris?sk=wall
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 12 Aug - 9:36

kitti wrote:A link to Tia's granny facebook page who has now been arrested on suspicion of Tia's murder. Am speechless

Good morning Kitti. I only get a picture of Tia on that link or am I not clicking on what I should be doing?
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 12 Aug - 9:41

If you clink on the link it should show up her Facebook page.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sun 12 Aug - 10:45

kitti wrote:A link to Tia's granny facebook page who has now been arrested on suspicion of Tia's murder. Am speechless

Unbelievable - makes me shudder and want to heave - 12 yrs old, OMG.

And is she Christine Sharp or Christine Bicknell? The papers have named her as Christine Sharp which means her Son is Tia`s Dad.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Aug - 11:09

I'm not sure where the Bicknell name comes in - I'm guessing that she was once married to someone with that name. She is Tia's maternal grandmother. Tia's father has been named as Steven Carter, nothing to do with the Sharp side of the family.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sun 12 Aug - 11:28

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I'm not sure where the Bicknell name comes in - I'm guessing that she was once married to someone with that name. She is Tia's maternal grandmother. Tia's father has been named as Steven Carter, nothing to do with the Sharp side of the family.

Cheers NBY - its all very complicated. Wonder if Steven Carter is the natural father or a step-father.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next