Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones

+16
pennylane
fedrules
weissnicht
Justiceforallkids
mossman
margaret
Karen
kitti
MaryB
malena stool
chrissie
kathybelle
susible
almostgothic
Oldartform
mara thon
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones Empty McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones

Post  chrissie Tue 2 Oct - 16:44

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2012-10-02/mccanns-pledge-support-to-parents-of-missing-april-jones/

Kate and Gerry McCann pledged their support to the parents of missing April Jones.The couple from Leicestershire are still hunting for their daughter Madeleine who was snatched from her parent’s holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3, 2007 when she was three years old.

The McCann's official spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “Kate and Gerry are aware of the case and their thoughts and prayers are with April, her family and the local community.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones Empty Re: McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 2 Oct - 16:47

chrissie wrote:http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2012-10-02/mccanns-pledge-support-to-parents-of-missing-april-jones/

Kate and Gerry McCann pledged their support to the parents of missing April Jones.The couple from Leicestershire are still hunting for their daughter Madeleine who was snatched from her parent’s holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3, 2007 when she was three years old.

The McCann's official spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “Kate and Gerry are aware of the case and their thoughts and prayers are with April, her family and the local community.

He makes it sound like noblesse oblige.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones Empty Re: McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones

Post  LJC Tue 2 Oct - 16:52

Such a shame I feel that Kate and/or Gerry could not come out in person and speak from the heart about missing April. To use a spokesperson to do this is so patronising. Surely their lives are not so busy that they cannot find 5 minutes to appeal in person - I thought that is what Kate was supposed to be all about now? CM would say they offered their support in any event - that's his job, but what do Kate and Gerry really feel about this latest case?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 2 Oct - 16:55

I agree. Totally impersonal and with no feeling.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 2 Oct - 16:56

chrissie wrote:I agree. Totally impersonal and with no feeling.

It might as well have been that they were aware that the milkman didn't turn up today.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Oct - 17:01

Right, so Saint Kate and Blessed Gerry haven't actually pledged anything. Mitchell has made something up and sent it round all the newsrooms, and ITV have been desperate enough to print it. Disgusting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 2 Oct - 17:06

This sorry case has got the Mccanns names mentioned yet again and no doubt they'll soon be claiming similarities. Why oh why do they have to jump on every bandwagon?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 2 Oct - 17:47

mara thon wrote:This sorry case has got the Mccanns names mentioned yet again and no doubt they'll soon be claiming similarities. Why oh why do they have to jump on every bandwagon?

This is what was in my thinking in looking at the differences in the case and starting a thread about it, as I believe there are more differences than similarities.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Oct - 18:05

There seem to be few similarities to me apart from involving children of roughly the same age who have been reported missing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 2 Oct - 18:13

I would like to bet that April knew that man, at the very least by sight. A small village of around 2000 people, it is likely he was not a complete stranger to her.

If this is proven to be the case, it will again support the statistics that random strangers do not randomly abduct random children off the street, out of bedrooms in holiday apartments or anywhere else.

I hope life on top of the pedestal that Healy and McCann have put themselves on is enjoyable right now because the day will come when they fall from it and it will be a long, lonely fall to the bottom. And I hope the landing hurts.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 2 Oct - 18:22

mossman wrote:I would like to bet that April knew that man, at the very least by sight. A small village of around 2000 people, it is likely he was not a complete stranger to her.

If this is proven to be the case, it will again support the statistics that random strangers do not randomly abduct random children off the street, out of bedrooms in holiday apartments or anywhere else.

I hope life on top of the pedestal that Healy and McCann have put themselves on is enjoyable right now because the day will come when they fall from it and it will be a long, lonely fall to the bottom. And I hope the landing hurts.

According to the link I have placed on another thread, the man who has been arrested in connection with April's disappearance, is known to her family.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 2 Oct - 18:25

Thanks Kathybelle, I did not see your link.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 2 Oct - 18:59

kathybelle wrote:
mossman wrote:I would like to bet that April knew that man, at the very least by sight. A small village of around 2000 people, it is likely he was not a complete stranger to her.

According to the link I have placed on another thread, the man who has been arrested in connection with April's disappearance, is known to her family.

Sky News saying he was known to the Police as well.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 2 Oct - 19:41

Sky are now saying he is the father of a little girl April was playing with last night.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 2 Oct - 21:50

The Mccanns read tweets from people and then decided to say something about the case.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 2 Oct - 22:31

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that this pair and their spokespoodle trawl through the news looking for sad stories like this one to attach themselves to.

Leeching off other people's misery.

****ing parasites.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Wed 3 Oct - 7:04

I agree, and oddly enough they are never around and making statements when it seems the family of the missing child are being looked at..I don't recall any such gesture for poor Tia Sharp
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Oct - 9:26

It can't be a good sign for the McCanns that it is somebody known to April's family that's the main suspect.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 3 Oct - 9:43

But surely Gerry should be telling the family - "there is no evidence of her coming to any harm". Is that not what the McCanns opinion is on Madeleine not being seen or heard of for the last five years.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 3 Oct - 9:44

Kate McCann in her role as an Ambassador for the Missing People's has never made a public plea for the safe return of little April. In fact she has never made any comment about anyone who has gone missing since she accepted this role. In my opinion Kate McCann, should have this title taken away from her now.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 3 Oct - 9:50

kathybelle, that's what I was thinking last night. Why use clarrie when she has the perfect platform to make a statement herself? Maybe she hasn't finished her empathy training yet! McCann's pledge support to parents of missing April Jones 25346
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 3 Oct - 9:53

almostgothic wrote:It makes me sick to my stomach to think that this pair and their spokespoodle trawl through the news looking for sad stories like this one to attach themselves to.

Leeching off other people's misery.

****ing parasites.

They've always piggybacked on another families grief almostgothic. However, when the shoe was on the other foot, as in the case of the advert on VoucherDigg.co.uk, when a photo of Madeleine was inappropriately used to illustrate deals offered by lowcostholidays.com. Clarence told Sky News that the misuse of the image was "utterly appalling and frankly unforgivable".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-17991038

Pots calling kettles black springs to mind....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 3 Oct - 10:48

I must say I am at a total loss as to why a charity of missing people would want Kate McCann as a sort of figurehead. It does nothing for me except to be absolutely certain I would be reluctant to give any support or money to a charity which she is involved with. And surely this is not the aim.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 3 Oct - 11:21

They employed her for one reason.....to get the money raking in......that's all.

They have this idea that as she got a couple off million in for the fund she can do the same for the missing people site.....there welcome to each other.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 3 Oct - 12:38

Just watched the new conference on April Jones, what a difference between Mrs Jones and Lady Kate huh? Lady Kate popped off to the hairdressers before her conference and the difference in emotions is ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING. Gosh I think WE have cried more that Lord and Lady Kate and had a little cry watching Mrs Jones.

The McCanns DISGUST me!
Prayers for little April
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next