Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’

+17
kitti
mossman
matthew
Panda
fred
Justiceforallkids
Claudia79
wjk
malena stool
hermes555
Roasted Arizona
weissnicht
AnnaEsse
mara thon
pennylane
tigger
wantthetruth
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 Empty Re: Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 6 Oct - 10:55

a good ? on twitter why 5 years later according to the daily mail is maddie still alive and unharmed yet little april 5 days later is considered murdered???
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 Empty Re: Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 6 Oct - 10:59

Justiceforallkids wrote:a good ? on twitter why 5 years later according to the daily mail is maddie still alive and unharmed yet little april 5 days later is considered murdered???

LJH ‏@LadyUpminster
@JeanAked Could you also ask why April is "murdered" after 5 days but Maddie #McCann is still "alive" after 5 years. No body for either girl
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 6 Oct - 11:01

Kate and Gerry: If only we'd told Jane to say Eggman was wearing a Tyvek suit. That would have covered not just him but lack of traces left behind. Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 389741
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 12:37

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:I can't remember which Tabloid Amanda P writes for, but she is just like Lazzeri Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 371436

How could Kate sit there being interviewed and watched by millions say that when Madeleine asked her why she did not

come when she had been crying and say"we thought it was something and nothing"....and promptly go out again that night.???????

Good morning Panda

I saw one interview where Kate McCann said in a screeching voice... "why didn't I grab Madeleine by the arm and say, what do you mean you cried and we never came?"

The McCanns first revealed this so called fact, on a programme that was televised on the first anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance. Before this when they had ever been asked about the reports of the children crying when they were out, they had always said those reports were untrue. They said once their children were asleep, they never woke up.

Those of us who have had children, know that children can wake up at any time and this is one of the reasons we never go out and leave them without adult supervision.

If Madeleine really did say those things to her parents, I would imagine it wasn't the first time she had told them about them crying when they went out.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

Afternoon Kathybelle......that was the same interview ! I think she only said that was because by the time of the interview they knew Mrs Fenn had made her statement , in fact that was the first time we see Kate genuinely starting to cry. Gerry looks decidely uncomfortable through the whole interview. It's the same interview when they try to say they were thinking of going to the Millenium. No good asking me to find it.....see if you can, it's worth another look.Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sat 6 Oct - 13:44

Sorry, but I'm amazed at the number of people on this thread who think that April's parents aren't to blame. There is NO WAY, in my opinion, that any 5 year old child should be allowed to play out, away from the front garden full stop, let alone when it is getting dark.

I think it could be argued that what they did was actually worse than what the McCanns did. The is after all much more chance of a child being abducted from the street than from their bedroom. But of course I don't believe that Madeleine was abducted anyway!

Either way, we all make mistakes parenting, but neither of these cases was a *mistake*. The poor kids fates were as a result of negligent parents, whichever way you look at it.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 6 Oct - 13:46

Justiceforallkids wrote:
weissnicht wrote:Not about mccanns.....you could have fooled me. Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 29204

Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 Allaboutmcs

no what i meant was they are leeching on aprils case as always wanting the attention focused on them ....................
I know what you were saying. I obviously didn't get my message true the right way. Sorry. My mistake. Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 306321 It was the irony what made me comment about it. It's not about mccanns, but it always is.. disgusting. Every missing child.. mccanns first.. missing child after them.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 13:54

Roasted Arizona wrote:Sorry, but I'm amazed at the number of people on this thread who think that April's parents aren't to blame. There is NO WAY, in my opinion, that any 5 year old child should be allowed to play out, away from the front garden full stop, let alone when it is getting dark.

I think it could be argued that what they did was actually worse than what the McCanns did. The is after all much more chance of a child being abducted from the street than from their bedroom. But of course I don't believe that Madeleine was abducted anyway!

Either way, we all make mistakes parenting, but neither of these cases was a *mistake*. The poor kids fates were as a result of negligent parents, whichever way you look at it.

I think in one way you are right, but this is a small close knit Town and April was allowed to play outside for a while longer because she had a good School Report apparently. The fact that she went willingly to the Van was probably because she recognised the Driver. The suspect was well known in the Town , would he have risked taking a child from his own neighbourhood if he wanted to harm her.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sat 6 Oct - 13:58

But the fact she went willingly into his car just shows that, as sad as it is, nowhere is 100% safe for children. That is why, as parents, we have to be WITH our children at all times. Of course you have to let go gradually, but at 5 years old, allowing her to play, actually quite far from the house is asking for trouble.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 6 Oct - 14:26

Roasted Arizona wrote:Sorry, but I'm amazed at the number of people on this thread who think that April's parents aren't to blame. There is NO WAY, in my opinion, that any 5 year old child should be allowed to play out, away from the front garden full stop, let alone when it is getting dark.

Hi Roasted Arizona

If you go on to the Index page and scroll down until you reach the Daily News, you will see a thread called "Missing Girl April Jones" On that thread you will see criticisms of Aprils Parents. However posters have been more concerned about little April's whereabouts and her health, than criticising her parents. I also think that April's parents, haven't received the amount of criticism the McCanns have received, because their behaviour has been a lot more dignified than the McCanns.

The McCanns along with their friends, used the media to try to show what good parents they were, when in fact it showed the opposite. For instance, Gerry said losing Madeleine was like being at the end of his student loan. Philomena McCann told the media that nothing of any value was taken from the apartment, on the night Madeleine disappeared. She said her brother told her that all their valuables were locked in the safe.

Apart from making a televised plea, April's parents have not spoken to the media, nor have they been seen taking part in any leisure activities. Unlike the McCanns, whose leisure activities resumed less than 48hrs after Madeleine disappeared, even though Kate had told the media that the reason they never searched for Madeleine, was because for the first 48hrs, they were almost non functioning.

I don't know April's parents, but I am sure they will blame themselves, every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day, until the end of their lives, for letting April play out on the night she disappeared.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 14:30

Roasted Arizona wrote:But the fact she went willingly into his car just shows that, as sad as it is, nowhere is 100% safe for children. That is why, as parents, we have to be WITH our children at all times. Of course you have to let go gradually, but at 5 years old, allowing her to play, actually quite far from the house is asking for trouble.

Yes, I accept that RA, but April was with friends and at the back of my mind I do have a feeling this guy might not be guilty. The Police have until 5pm to either charge him or let him go........witth the intense pressure he must be under to confess, you would think he would do so by now. April's friend initially said the Van was cream or white , this one is Blue.

He had just split from a girl friend of 11 months, has she been interviewed? His 19 yr old Son that he never sees said he was shocked to learn his Father had been arrested. It is all very sad and I don't think April is alive .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 6 Oct - 14:38

Panda wrote:
Roasted Arizona wrote:But the fact she went willingly into his car just shows that, as sad as it is, nowhere is 100% safe for children. That is why, as parents, we have to be WITH our children at all times. Of course you have to let go gradually, but at 5 years old, allowing her to play, actually quite far from the house is asking for trouble.

Yes, I accept that RA, but April was with friends and at the back of my mind I do have a feeling this guy might not be guilty. The Police have until 5pm to either charge him or let him go........witth the intense pressure he must be under to confess, you would think he would do so by now. April's friend initially said the Van was cream or white , this one is Blue.

He had just split from a girl friend of 11 months, has she been interviewed? His 19 yr old Son that he never sees said he was shocked to learn his Father had been arrested. It is all very sad and I don't think April is alive .

Hi Panda

I don't know if Mark Bridger's ex girlfriend has been interviewed by the police, but it appears she has spoken to the media. I can't remember her exact words, but she said good things about him. I'll see if I can find anything on the net about this subject.

Also if Mark Bridger is released without charge, I wonder if he will sue the police for wrongful arrest and for being named, when he hadn't been charged with any offence.

You might find this link interesting Panda

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9589441/April-Jones-Family-reveal-she-has-been-on-fishing-trip-with-murder-suspect-Mark-Bridger.html

Last edited by kathybelle on Sat 6 Oct - 14:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of more information)
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  hermes555 Sat 6 Oct - 14:47

Miss. Platell has had a totally different view about the McCann's,
in the past. She is now contradicting herself, by both supporting
them, & criticising people who condemn them.

As highlighted by Anorak:,

Over in the Daily Mail, Amanda Platell is revolting:

Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . . There can be no mother in Britain more moved by the plight of little April Jones than Kate McCann.

It’s a competition? For Platell, Our Maddie as the benchmark of all missing children. This is Platell, who once opined:

I hesitate to use such a phrase, but it seems, at times, as if we are witnessing “competitive grieving”, with the McCanns? private agony becoming a public sport… the real problem now for the McCanns is that the public at large will grow weary of these orchestrated photo opportunities…

Today, Platell notes:

Like April’s mother, Coral, Kate knows the searing pain of losing a young daughter she thought was safe. And she knows the torment of that constant nagging thought, ‘If only…’
If only she hadn’t left her outside. If only she’d been with her family.

April Jones was not “left” outside. She was allowed outside to play with her mates by her family home on a quite road in a quite village. Her parents were in the family house close by.

When Madeleine McCann went missing five years ago, the beautiful little girl was almost four years old — a year younger than April. Over the ensuing weeks, Gerry and Kate suffered the cruel vilification of strangers who accused them of parental neglect.

Looks matter?

How could any loving parents leave Maddie and their young twins alone in an apartment in an Algarve resort while they and their friends wined and dined nearby, the critics asked.

Indeed. Get this from Platell on 25 July 2008:

It wasn’t just their precious daughter that was missing at Monday’s press conference, but also any reference to their own behaviour on that dreadful night when they went out wining and dining and left their beloved children untended in an unlocked holiday flat…If the couple were now to spend as much time campaigning against the dangers of parents leaving children alone as they are apparently spending trying to seek financial recompense, then the nightmare of Madeleine’s disappearance might have one positive legacy.

Platell now says:

Mercifully, Coral Jones has not been subjected to similar accusations. Yet.

April Jones is missing. A man is in police custody, arrested for her alleged kidnap and murder. The man is Mark Bridger. No-one has ever been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Some, like the McCanns and Robert Murat, have been libelled. We do not know what happened to the child. The police do have a pretty good idea what happened to April Jones.

Platell:

For what parent does not have a tale of the moment they thought they had lost their child — whether in a supermarket, on holiday, or in the park.

Is she really equating the disappearance of a child – the thought that a young girl has been murdered – with getting separated for a few moments? April Jones was not “lost”. The police believe she was kidnapped.

The terrible truth is that no child is ultimately safe away from their parents, whether it be a luxury resort in Portugal or a rural idyll in Wales.

Two rare events. And Amanda Platell is here to spread the fear. Only parents can keep a child safe, says Platell. Parents never do any wrong to their children, says Platell. Strangers must be feared, says she. Strangers are all potential paedos, says Platell. She needs to get out more.

But before the trolls take to the internet, let nobody doubt that whatever unfolds in the days ahead, April’s parents will be their own harshest critics…

Only a nutter would think April Jones’s parents have done anything wrong. Only an opportunistic troll with a column to fill would put that idea of paper.

hermes555
hermes555

Number of posts : 2
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 14:58

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi Panda

I don't know if Mark Bridger's ex girlfriend has been interviewed by the police, but it appears she has spoken to the media. I can't remember her exact words, but she said good things about him. I'll see if I can find anything on the net about this subject.

Also if Mark Bridger is released without charge, I wonder if he will sue the police for wrongful arrest and for being named, when he hadn't been charged with any offence.

You might find this link interesting Panda

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9589441/April-Jones-Family-reveal-she-has-been-on-fishing-trip-with-murder-suspect-Mark-Bridger.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9589441/April-Jones-Family-reveal-she-has-been-on-fishing-trip-with-murder-suspect-Mark-Bridger.html[/quote[/url]]

WOW Kathybelle, that is interesting , the Avon Police jumped the gun when they arrested whatsisname and maybe, just maybe Aberystwyth Police have done the same. If Mark Bridger is guilty, fair enough, but if he is innocent, the fact that the Police searched his home and dismantled doors is surely wrong when he has not been charged.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 6 Oct - 15:07

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:a good ? on twitter why 5 years later according to the daily mail is maddie still alive and unharmed yet little april 5 days later is considered murdered???

LJH ‏@LadyUpminster
@JeanAked Could you also ask why April is "murdered" after 5 days but Maddie #McCann is still "alive" after 5 years. No body for either girl
My God Anna, you really do go out of your way to pose seriously unhelpful and awkward questions... this must stop... Signed Kate.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 6 Oct - 15:16

malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

LJH ‏@LadyUpminster
My God Anna, you really do go out of your way to pose seriously unhelpful and awkward questions... this must stop... Signed Kate.
kate might find it hurtful too Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 23324
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 6 Oct - 15:36

Charged with murder, child abduction and perverting the course of justice.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 6 Oct - 15:55

I have avoided posting about this case because I was hopeful of a positive outcome. I'm so so sorry about what happened to this little angel and my heart breaks for her family and the pain they must be going through. But I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that I find it wrong that a 5 year old is allowed to play outside without being watched by adults. I believe it should never happen and I believe it is a risk not worth taking.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 6 Oct - 15:59

now he needs to telll the police where her body is
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 6 Oct - 16:02

Claudia79 wrote:I have avoided posting about this case because I was hopeful of a positive outcome. I'm so so sorry about what happened to this little angel and my heart breaks for her family and the pain they must be going through. But I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that I find it wrong that a 5 year old is allowed to play outside without being watched by adults. I believe it should never happen and I believe it is a risk not worth taking.

i do agree with that claudia likewise though if a child is outside playing she has a right to be safe too poor little angel Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 389741 she oviously felt safe enough to get in his car but no one knows why
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 6 Oct - 16:36

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I have avoided posting about this case because I was hopeful of a positive outcome. I'm so so sorry about what happened to this little angel and my heart breaks for her family and the pain they must be going through. But I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that I find it wrong that a 5 year old is allowed to play outside without being watched by adults. I believe it should never happen and I believe it is a risk not worth taking.

i do agree with that claudia likewise though if a child is outside playing she has a right to be safe too poor little angel Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 389741 she oviously felt safe enough to get in his car but no one knows why

Well the reports in the Brit media are "She was playing out on a summers evening".....Well ..ok 7p.m. in October it's pitch black!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 16:41

hermes555 wrote: Miss. Platell has had a totally different view about the McCann's,
in the past. She is now contradicting herself, by both supporting
them, & criticising people who condemn them.

As highlighted by Anorak:,

Over in the Daily Mail, Amanda Platell is revolting:

Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . . There can be no mother in Britain more moved by the plight of little April Jones than Kate McCann.

It’s a competition? For Platell, Our Maddie as the benchmark of all missing children. This is Platell, who once opined:

I hesitate to use such a phrase, but it seems, at times, as if we are witnessing “competitive grieving”, with the McCanns? private agony becoming a public sport… the real problem now for the McCanns is that the public at large will grow weary of these orchestrated photo opportunities…

Today, Platell notes:

Like April’s mother, Coral, Kate knows the searing pain of losing a young daughter she thought was safe. And she knows the torment of that constant nagging thought, ‘If only…’
If only she hadn’t left her outside. If only she’d been with her family.

April Jones was not “left” outside. She was allowed outside to play with her mates by her family home on a quite road in a quite village. Her parents were in the family house close by.

When Madeleine McCann went missing five years ago, the beautiful little girl was almost four years old — a year younger than April. Over the ensuing weeks, Gerry and Kate suffered the cruel vilification of strangers who accused them of parental neglect.

Looks matter?

How could any loving parents leave Maddie and their young twins alone in an apartment in an Algarve resort while they and their friends wined and dined nearby, the critics asked.

Indeed. Get this from Platell on 25 July 2008:

It wasn’t just their precious daughter that was missing at Monday’s press conference, but also any reference to their own behaviour on that dreadful night when they went out wining and dining and left their beloved children untended in an unlocked holiday flat…If the couple were now to spend as much time campaigning against the dangers of parents leaving children alone as they are apparently spending trying to seek financial recompense, then the nightmare of Madeleine’s disappearance might have one positive legacy.

Platell now says:

Mercifully, Coral Jones has not been subjected to similar accusations. Yet.

April Jones is missing. A man is in police custody, arrested for her alleged kidnap and murder. The man is Mark Bridger. No-one has ever been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Some, like the McCanns and Robert Murat, have been libelled. We do not know what happened to the child. The police do have a pretty good idea what happened to April Jones.

Platell:

For what parent does not have a tale of the moment they thought they had lost their child — whether in a supermarket, on holiday, or in the park.

Is she really equating the disappearance of a child – the thought that a young girl has been murdered – with getting separated for a few moments? April Jones was not “lost”. The police believe she was kidnapped.

The terrible truth is that no child is ultimately safe away from their parents, whether it be a luxury resort in Portugal or a rural idyll in Wales.

Two rare events. And Amanda Platell is here to spread the fear. Only parents can keep a child safe, says Platell. Parents never do any wrong to their children, says Platell. Strangers must be feared, says she. Strangers are all potential paedos, says Platell. She needs to get out more.

But before the trolls take to the internet, let nobody doubt that whatever unfolds in the days ahead, April’s parents will be their own harshest critics…

Only a nutter would think April Jones’s parents have done anything wrong. Only an opportunistic troll with a column to fill would put that idea of paper.

I'm sure if ever it was confirmed the McCanns were involved in Madeleine's disappearence all the drooling Press would turn on them like a pack of Lions.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 6 Oct - 18:01

[i]

Actually Ben Needham's mum, Sarah Payne's mum, Jamie Bolgers mum, Hollie and Jessica's mums, are a few that spring to mind immediately.

There are days I fear all the sane people in the world are locked up and the mad people are out walking free.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Oct - 18:06

My mother used to say "there's more out than in" which had the meaning of your last sentence, Mossman!

Now if this dopy woman Amanda Platell had used the examples you've given, rather than the McCanns, the article would be okay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 6 Oct - 18:10

Not Born Yesterday wrote:My mother used to say "there's more out than in"

Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 23324
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sat 6 Oct - 19:16

mossman wrote:The only factual part of this article is indeed the point that April's mother, I am sure, has been saying "if only" over and over and over.

I have never heard Healy and McCann say if only, we are sorry, we did the wrong thing. Remember Kate says it is the bad man who is at fault not them.

Sometimes I wish Kate Healy and Gerry McCann would just get their money from the fund and go away. I am sick to death of looking at them and hearing about them. Interesting, as usual, that the article is about them and not Madeleine, the actual missing child. Two words to haunt any mum: ‘If only . . .’ - Page 2 477442

I have also never heard either of the McCanns say "if only" with regards to leaving 3 young children alone night after night. To do so would be to accept some responsibility for the predicament that they find themselves in. Much easier to blame the disappearance on some nasty abductor and absolve themselves of any responsibility. Further, they have Amaral, Tony Bennett, the PJ, and us nutters to blame for Madeleine not having been found yet. The words "If only" are only for those who admit their mistakes, the McCanns are not such people.

I would say that what April's parents did was more of a mistake or error in judgment than negligence, whereas the McCanns abandonment of three yound children was clearly negligence. Kids of this age play in our neighborhood without parental supervision all of the time. Are they all being negligent? I don't think so. This case is so sad and it just breaks my heart. The parents are obviously feeling tremendous guilt over their decisions to let April play outside without their supervision, much unlike the mighty McCanns who can do no wrong.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next