Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the latest with Scotland Yardd?

+8
mara thon
cass
malena stool
fuzeta
Badboy
Panda
maebee
Loopdaloop
12 posters

Go down

What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Empty What is the latest with Scotland Yardd?

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 4 Nov - 16:31

The last I heard was that they went to Cameron to ask if he wanted to keep spending money.

Am I right to assume that Cameron said yes as we have not heard it shut down.

Also, now some time has passed, what do you think the purpose of the panorama episode was, as it did tell us nothing.
I kind of think that it was a subtle warning to the mccanns and the public that not all will be going there way.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Empty Re: What is the latest with Scotland Yardd?

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 4 Nov - 23:08

Is it continuing or closing/ does anyone know when the decision is going to be made?
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Empty Re: What is the latest with Scotland Yardd?

Post  Badboy Sun 4 Nov - 23:44

SUPPOSEDLY ONGOING
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8854
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sun 4 Nov - 23:45

SY have been on the case now for over 18 months. How long more is it going to take them to figure out the obvious?
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 4 Nov - 23:50

maebee wrote:SY have been on the case now for over 18 months. How long more is it going to take them to figure out the obvious?
SO IT HAS BEEEN 18 MONTHS SINCE SY WAS CALLED ONTO CASE,HOW TIME FLIES

MAEBEE,LONG TIME,NO SEE,HOW YOU DOING
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Mon 5 Nov - 12:13

I'm doing fine Badboy. Hope that all's well with you What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? 25346
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 5 Nov - 12:26

The Police Commissioner told Cameron there was enough money to last until Christmas and a decision would have to be made whether to make more money available or close the review. As far as we know there is no intent to make more money available and like everyone else, Cameron would realise it would be Political suicide to spend more money. I would imagine the 18 months spent already would be ample time anyway. All I hope is the review is made public.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 5 Nov - 17:20

maebee wrote:I'm doing fine Badboy. Hope that all's well with you What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? 25346
I HAVE HAD A FEW HEALTH PROBLEMS,BUT I THINK I WILL SURVIVE
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Mon 5 Nov - 21:24

I would have thought two weeks would have been enough never mind 18 months. The mind boggles What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? 847843
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

What is the latest with Scotland Yardd? Empty .

Post  Lioned Mon 5 Nov - 21:44

I would imagine they're waiting for a bad news day to bury it.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 6 Nov - 9:45

Lioned wrote:I would imagine they're waiting for a bad news day to bury it.
You are not far wrong there Lioned.... probably buried alongside any info that would positively identify politicians with paedo' tendencies...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 6 Nov - 12:12

Andy redwood said she was abducted so he will leave it at that.

They won't need to say anything else as it has already been said.

It will be left in the air for the forseeable future until the pressure off being continually asked about it gets too much then there will be an announcement by redwood....'she's still been abducted and here is the age progression off how she looks now, at 16'.

He will probably make an announcement every 5 years lol and the Mccanns will probably do an interview to talk about how she could be doing her driving test blah blah...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 6 Nov - 12:56

kitti wrote:Andy redwood said she was abducted so he will leave it at that.

It will be left in the air for the forseeable future until the pressure off being continually asked about it gets too much then there will be an announcement by redwood....'she's still been abducted and here is the age progression off how she looks now, at 16'.

He will probably make an announcement every 5 years lol and the Mccanns will probably do an interview to talk about how she could be doing her driving test blah blah...
agree kitti every 3rd of may and every xmas begging bowls out -- but apart from that its more or less what you have posted imo
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 6 Nov - 13:28

I doubt that any findings from this very expensive farce of a review will ever see the light of day. It was stated that nothing would be made public, most likely because they knew there would be nothing to find. A completely disgraceful way to use taxpayers money.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 6 Nov - 14:01

They could have another inquiry into the review just incase there was another sighting which they forgot to consider.Maybe they will ask lord mcalpine to 'chair' the review committee just to keep him occupied,might get expensive though as he'd probably want to do lots of site visits to homes around Pdl just to check the age progression pictures for himself.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 6 Nov - 14:41

kitti wrote:Andy redwood said she was abducted so he will leave it at that.

He also said that she might be alive, or she might be dead.

Either way, the taxpayers will be expecting a bit more for their money.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 6 Nov - 14:47

Well, they got the age advanced photograph, made in collaboration with the McCanns, which imo heavily slants the public belief in her being alive.
I'd say the presentation read as 80% alive (look! we've even got a picture of her in school uniform) 20% sadly dead.

People are also not good at remembering long sentences, the dead part came at the end. Average memory retains the beginning of a sentence.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 6 Nov - 14:48

Yes your right Iris but whether she is alive or dead Is sadly rather irrelevant as she was still 'abducted'...so as long as he gets it across in the beginning I.e. She was abducted and we all know unless a body is found she could be in fact alive or dead until otherwise proven...that is how it stays for the duration.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 6 Nov - 14:59

kitti wrote:Yes your right Iris but whether she is alive or dead Is sadly rather irrelevant as she was still 'abducted'...so as long as he gets it across in the beginning I.e. She was abducted and we all know unless a body is found she could be in fact alive or dead until otherwise proven...that is how it stays for the duration.

Yes, as I just said above, a photograph blessed by SY, the word 'abducted' and being alive a real possibility right at the start, overwrites anything that comes afterwards imo.
A big brush whitewash and a new bucket just delivered?

Perhaps that's why we're hearing so little from TM, six years soon, phasing out the frequent interviews - giving them jobs to show their status. It's all gone horribly wrong for the mcCanns even if they're sure the truth will never come out.

Ten or fifteen years before the PJ can release the rest of the documents? Just looking at some of the documents withheld (e.g. the creche sheet for the 30th) some of the phone records, makes me think the contents of the rest of the files might be a time bomb.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 6 Nov - 21:12

tigger wrote:
kitti wrote:Yes your right Iris but whether she is alive or dead Is sadly rather irrelevant as she was still 'abducted'...so as long as he gets it across in the beginning I.e. She was abducted and we all know unless a body is found she could be in fact alive or dead until otherwise proven...that is how it stays for the duration.

Yes, as I just said above, a photograph blessed by SY, the word 'abducted' and being alive a real possibility right at the start, overwrites anything that comes afterwards imo.

Perhaps that's why we're hearing so little from TM, six years soon, phasing out the frequent interviews - giving them jobs to show their status. It's all gone horribly wrong for the mcCanns even if they're sure the truth will never come out.

Ten or fifteen years before the PJ can release the rest of the documents? Just looking at some of the documents withheld (e.g. the creche sheet for the 30th) some of the phone records, makes me think the contents of the rest of the files might be a time bomb.

I see the tactics being deployed as comprising what is generally known as a war of attrition. These tactics are similar to those being employed by the legal team against Dr Amaral and Tony Bennett in fact. A spinning out of the whole thing, whether linked with continuous attacks and pressure through the legal system or in this case, deliberately leaked information or misleading statements, it is all designed to weaken opposition and slowly destroy morale. Personally I have little doubt that they are all in this together. Perhaps the truth will only surface when those being protected are dead and gone; it does seem to be the establishment way to out only the weak or those they consider expendable in that they are no longer able to use whatever knowledge they may have had to protect them whilst they were alive. Just my humble opinion of course.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 7 Nov - 13:54

[quote="T4two"]
tigger wrote:

I see the tactics being deployed as comprising what is generally known as a war of attrition. These tactics are similar to those being employed by the legal team against Dr Amaral and Tony Bennett in fact. A spinning out of the whole thing, whether linked with continuous attacks and pressure through the legal system or in this case, deliberately leaked information or misleading statements, it is all designed to weaken opposition and slowly destroy morale. Personally I have little doubt that they are all in this together. Perhaps the truth will only surface when those being protected are dead and gone; it does seem to be the establishment way to out only the weak or those they consider expendable in that they are no longer able to use whatever knowledge they may have had to protect them whilst they were alive. Just my humble opinion of course. [quote]

Also consider what would have happened if the PJ had not done their job. Not made them arguidos. That was unforeseen and could not be controlled in time.

If that had not happened, they would be touring the world, Amber Alert Ambassadors etc. Gerry running for office, A list celebrities etc. Those who covered up the whole thing perfectly happy - McCanns off their backs, carry on with what they were doing whatever it was.

But the PJ will publish the files in ten years or so. Being Ambassador for Missing People who actually mostly want to stay missing isn't a patch on what might have been.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down