Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New developments in the Ben Needham case

+11
princess_leia
LJC
Panda
tanszi
comperedna
chrissie
ali1966
fred
AnnaEsse
Lillyofthevalley
Bobsy
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Empty Re: New developments in the Ben Needham case

Post  wjk Wed 12 Dec - 22:14

Heres a link to the other thread, if anyone hasn't seen it.
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t22305-ben-needham-new-information

Lets hope its good news!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Empty Re: New developments in the Ben Needham case

Post  princess_leia Wed 12 Dec - 22:18

wjk wrote:Heres a link to the other thread, if anyone hasn't seen it.

Lets hope its good news!

Thank you wjk

Is there any chance the mods can merge the threads but keep it on this page for a few days please?

We really need as many people to see this picture as possible, and also to share it on twitter and facebook if you can please. New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 25346

princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :
New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 12 Dec - 22:43

princess_leia wrote:

Lets hope its good news!

Thank you wjk

Is there any chance the mods can merge the threads but keep it on this page for a few days please?

We really need as many people to see this picture as possible, and also to share it on twitter and facebook if you can please. New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 25346

Done! Will keep it here for a few days.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Thu 13 Dec - 7:35

AnnaEsse wrote:
princess_leia wrote:

Lets hope its good news!

Thank you wjk

Thank you AnnaEsse New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 307691
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 13 Dec - 9:32

princess_leia wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
princess_leia wrote:

Lets hope its good news!

Thank you wjk

Thank you AnnaEsse New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 307691

New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 13 Dec - 11:49

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 13 Dec - 12:16

fred, how much longer must Ben's Mother torment herself with the unending search for Ben? No disrespects to her, but it's time to accept that Ben will not be found after 21 years and she cannot put herself and her family through these traumas.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 13 Dec - 12:19

Yes I agree with that Panda though I'm sure that not everyone will.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 13 Dec - 12:31

I agree too.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ali1966 Thu 13 Dec - 13:18

Hi Fred, apparently there was some confusion on the find Ben facebook page. They were talking about the grainy black and white image of him. The latest photo of the little boy in the red t-shirt is still being investigated. Hopefully it is him.

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindben?ref=stream

ali1966
ali1966
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 13 Dec - 13:23

I hope so too. Glad there is still a chance as he does look like Ben.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 13 Dec - 13:35

ali1966 wrote:

Hi Fred, apparently there was some confusion on the find Ben facebook page. They were talking about the grainy black and white image of him. The latest photo of the little boy in the red t-shirt is still being investigated. Hopefully it is him.

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindben?ref=stream

Ah, I'm glad to read this, ali.
Thank you
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 Empty Am I the only one...

Post  comperedna Thu 13 Dec - 13:51

to think all lookee likee photos are worthless... even with 'I bought him' or other tales. The only thing that would do the job of identification is DNA from the supposed Ben, and from Kerry, plus or minus other family members willing to help. Until that has been done all else is tosh.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 13 Dec - 14:24

i think what drives her is that she has until recently had little or no help,so she has never had the satisfaction of a "full investigation and thorough search and over the years invesitgative research and techniques has moved forward. she's done what she has done for so many years because she believes she has to as no one else did. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 14 Dec - 9:44

As you all know the boy in the grainy pic has been eliminated now. But the other boy in the red top has NOT been ruled out.

I think the similarities are definitely there. In my opinion, the picture where he looks most like Ben is the one I posted where Ben is sitting on a bike/moped.

I think Kerry fully understands Ben will have another life now, she just wants closure, she deserves this if nothing else at this stage. She says she doesn't want to prosecute but I can't see how that could be avoided.

Who knows, perhaps Ben doesn't want to be found, he may be very happy with his life but she deserves to know this if that is the case.

The programme she was on in Greece got an excellent response. There are people who are adopted and have come forward to say they could be Ben, I think this is encouraging. I didn't realise Greece was literally in the dark about Ben's case, they all thought he had died of a tragic accident, this was one of the reasons for the dig back in October. Now the authorities have ruled that out, the Greek people now know he was abducted.

Unfortunately, Kerry has never had the same support the McCann's have been given, if she had I'm sure Ben would have been found.

Thanks again to AnnaEsse and the rest of you for keeping this here on Madeleine's thread. New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 25346
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 9:59

Kerry said in a T.V. interview a few months ago that Ben had a birthmark on the top of his leg which would not fade away as he grew up. If a young man gets to know of the search for him and knows he has this birthmark Kerry wants him to come forward.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 14 Dec - 11:08

An update from Kerry on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindben

Hi everyone, thank you all again for your wonderful messages of love and support i have tried my best to answer personally to you all both on here and my personal page, i am sorry if i have missed out anyone but i have received so many.
The Greek tv show light at the end of the tunnel will be aired tonight from 9pm (GB time) and will be doing an update on Ben, so tonight could i ask you all to share Bens photo's posters ect with as many people as you can while this tv show is on, we have to trace the boy in the RED t shirt. thank you again for your support, you are all amazing. xxxx Kerry.xx
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 14 Dec - 11:39

princess_leia wrote:An update from Kerry on Facebook

Hi everyone, thank you all again for your wonderful messages of love and support i have tried my best to answer personally to you all both on here and my personal page, i am sorry if i have missed out anyone but i have received so many.
The Greek tv show light at the end of the tunnel will be aired tonight from 9pm (GB time) and will be doing an update on Ben, so tonight could i ask you all to share Bens photo's posters ect with as many people as you can while this tv show is on, we have to trace the boy in the RED t shirt. thank you again for your support, you are all amazing. xxxx Kerry.xx
Thanks for this princess x
God love her, she is so open and down to earth, I hope she gets some form of closure, at last xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 14 Dec - 11:46

wjk wrote:
princess_leia wrote:An update from Kerry on Facebook

Thanks for this princess x
God love her, she is so open and down to earth, I hope she gets some form of closure, at last xx

No problem!

Yeah, she is a normal, very down to earth, no pretences, it's always about Ben, as it should be!
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 14 Dec - 12:22

Panda wrote:

fred, how much longer must Ben's Mother torment herself with the unending search for Ben? No disrespects to her, but it's time to accept that Ben will not be found after 21 years and she cannot put herself and her family through these traumas.

So what would you do if this was your son, or a family member?

Give up searching for him, I'm sure it's easier said than done!

Another case in the news this morning
http://news.sky.com/story/1025292/nicola-payne-new-appeal-for-missing-teen-mum

Should they give up too?

I cannot even begin to imagine what Kerry has gone through or anyone who has a loved one missing. Being a mother myself I know for a fact that if this was me I would keep going until the day I died. Like the poor mother of the child buried somewhere on the moors who recently died, she knew he was dead but she never rested, she wanted to know where her son was.

April Jone's, her parents will never rest until she is found.

The McCanns get slated for not physically searching, for not being upset enough. Kerry gets a hard time (by some) for trying too hard......she is doing the right thing IMO and most people would do the same in her situation! The McCanns are bizarre and they are the exception to the rule!

Panda, on this occasion and with respect I do not agree with you.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 14 Dec - 13:36

I don't think I'd be able to ever stop looking either.
Its the not knowing that keeps them searching. How could you stop, knowing that that one little thing maybe the thing to brings some sort of closure. I don't think for one moment Kerry thinks if Ben is found, he will run into her arms, he won't even know her. She knows he will have another life now, but she needs to know he is ok and happy. Or god forbid, the other.
I hope she can find that closure soon.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 15:42

princess_ leia

That' s fine, we are all entitled to different opinions , I would be delighted if Kerry gets closure , one way or the other, but IMO she surely must accept that after 21 years the chances of finding Ben are pretty remote. Jon Benet is a typical case and the little girl who disappeared from the Supermarket in Germany, I can't remember her name.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Dec - 16:05

I'm not sure if I'd describe the Ramsey case as a typical missing child one, Panda! Her body was of course found in the family home.

The other child's name is Katrice Lee. I can't even remember her disappearance being publicised at the time; I've only heard about her in more recent years.

Ben's disappearance was more typical in that there was publicity initially which inevitably faded after a while.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 16:50

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I'm not sure if I'd describe the Ramsey case as a typical missing child one, Panda! Her body was of course found in the family home.

The other child's name is Katrice Lee. I can't even remember her disappearance being publicised at the time; I've only heard about her in more recent years.

Ben's disappearance was more typical in that there was publicity initially which inevitably faded after a while.

Yes I know NBY but although Jon Benet's Parents were villified to such an extent they moved to another State and still no one charged....that wasn't really a very good example was it.!New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 2 25346

However, Katrice is......just having a 3rd Year Birthday Party and disappeared without a trace from the Supermarket . Despite a thorough search by the German Police, German and British Soldiers and the public.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 14 Dec - 18:09

Panda wrote:princess_ leia

That' s fine, we are all entitled to different opinions , I would be delighted if Kerry gets closure , one way or the other, but IMO she surely must accept that after 21 years the chances of finding Ben are pretty remote. Jon Benet is a typical case and the little girl who disappeared from the Supermarket in Germany, I can't remember her name.

Why should she accept it? She is his mother and any normal loving mother would never accept their child will never be found. Unless there was evidence to suggest he was dead, but there is no evidence to say that. Most people are under the impression he was sold or taken by gypsies. Even if she knew he was dead she is still entitled to look for him, and to know what happened. Look at Keith Bennet's mother, she knew he was buried somewhere on the moors but she was determined to find his body. Sadly she died recently, but this is proof that parents never, ever give up on their children.

Parents who lose a child and bury their child get closure.........Kerry deserves closure as do April Jone's parents. They say the worse part is the not knowing, and I agree it must be truly horrendous to not know what happened.

Jonbenet was murdered in her home, with very little evidence of an intruder, I've always believed it was her mother. I don't really see the relevance here?

princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next