Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New developments in the Ben Needham case

+11
princess_leia
LJC
Panda
tanszi
comperedna
chrissie
ali1966
fred
AnnaEsse
Lillyofthevalley
Bobsy
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Empty Re: New developments in the Ben Needham case

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 20:01

princess_leia wrote:
Panda wrote:princess_ leia

That' s fine, we are all entitled to different opinions , I would be delighted if Kerry gets closure , one way or the other, but IMO she surely must accept that after 21 years the chances of finding Ben are pretty remote. Jon Benet is a typical case and the little girl who disappeared from the Supermarket in Germany, I can't remember her name.

Why should she accept it? She is his mother and any normal loving mother would never accept their child will never be found. Unless there was evidence to suggest he was dead, but there is no evidence to say that. Most people are under the impression he was sold or taken by gypsies. Even if she knew he was dead she is still entitled to look for him, and to know what happened. Look at Keith Bennet's mother, she knew he was buried somewhere on the moors but she was determined to find his body. Sadly she died recently, but this is proof that parents never, ever give up on their children.

Parents who lose a child and bury their child get closure.........Kerry deserves closure as do April Jone's parents. They say the worse part is the not knowing, and I agree it must be truly horrendous to not know what happened.

Jonbenet was murdered in her home, with very little evidence of an intruder, I've always believed it was her mother. I don't really see the relevance here?

Let's just agree to differ on this .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Empty Re: New developments in the Ben Needham case

Post  princess_leia Fri 14 Dec - 20:14

Another update from Ben Needham facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindben

A follow up on Ben's story, together with the photo on a new lead will be done on Greek TV's "Light in the Tunnel" programme at 11pm Greece time (9pm UK Time) tonight. If anyone wants to watch it, they can do so using the following link. However, bear in mind it will be in Greek language. I will be posting the photo of the boy in the story on the main website and here on Facebook at 9pm UK Time as the programme airs, and people can feel free to share the image I will be posting. Thanks for your help everyone!! - Scott x

Alpha TV - Live
www.alphatv.gr
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :
New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Dec - 21:41

My late father died at age 95. His twin went MIA during the war - he was a POW in a camp in Italy. He just vanished, off the face of the earth, in 1942. I have his service number and everything, but we have never, ever found out, to this day, what became of him.

My dad went to his grave, adamant that his twin brother was still alive. If he was dead, my dad would just "know". He believed up until the day he died that his twin must have married some Italian girl and made a life in Italy, and that's why he never came home.

Now the odds of this are probably not that great. But it is what my Dad believed, and he wasn't hurting anybody by having that belief, so we just left him to get on with it. I have carried on the search and I am still searching for what became of my Uncle, even though he was probably dead long before I was even born. We even went back to Italy, to where the camp was, to see if anybody remembered anything.

I don't think that you can ever "get over it" or "move on" without proper closure. My daughter has vowed that even when I am no longer here, she will continue to try and find out what became of her Great Uncle.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Sat 15 Dec - 10:28

Iris wrote:My late father died at age 95. His twin went MIA during the war - he was a POW in a camp in Italy. He just vanished, off the face of the earth, in 1942. I have his service number and everything, but we have never, ever found out, to this day, what became of him.

My dad went to his grave, adamant that his twin brother was still alive. If he was dead, my dad would just "know". He believed up until the day he died that his twin must have married some Italian girl and made a life in Italy, and that's why he never came home.

Now the odds of this are probably not that great. But it is what my Dad believed, and he wasn't hurting anybody by having that belief, so we just left him to get on with it. I have carried on the search and I am still searching for what became of my Uncle, even though he was probably dead long before I was even born. We even went back to Italy, to where the camp was, to see if anybody remembered anything.

I don't think that you can ever "get over it" or "move on" without proper closure. My daughter has vowed that even when I am no longer here, she will continue to try and find out what became of her Great Uncle.

How sad for your father :( But this is proof that people CANNOT move on, and if you choose to do that then surely that is your business, and if people wish to help you in your search then this their choice. To say forget about it and move on is crazy! I don't blame Kerry for doing what she does, I think most people would do the same.

princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 17 Dec - 12:36

princess_leia wrote:
Iris wrote:My late father died at age 95. His twin went MIA during the war - he was a POW in a camp in Italy. He just vanished, off the face of the earth, in 1942. I have his service number and everything, but we have never, ever found out, to this day, what became of him.

How sad for your father :( But this is proof that people CANNOT move on, and if you choose to do that then surely that is your business, and if people wish to help you in your search then this their choice. To say forget about it and move on is crazy! I don't blame Kerry for doing what she does, I think most people would do the same.

It is not a case of moving on. In fact, I don't like the term moving on at all. Its about knowing. I am sure many families who do not know what has happened to a loved one do move on and get on with their lives, but keep up the search alongside. Kerry remarried and had another child, didn't she? She has therefore tried to move on. But if in moving on it makes your pain even worse, that can have a detrimental affect on everyone around you. Therefore, its right to have a search to challenge your feelings into, otherwise you will just hurt those around you who do not deserve to be hurt.

Even those of us who have never lost a loved one, we are still intrigued by our family backgrounds, researching our family trees is a popular pastime for many, and its all about answering unanswered questions. It helps us to understand who we are and where we came from. Its natural to know what has happened to one of your own flesh and blood and whats natural is a very hard instinct to ignore. Therefore, I can understand this quest that people have to simply know. You have to both know and re-build your life simultaneously, run the two alongside each other.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Tue 18 Dec - 18:00

Thank you for your continued support in keeping this thread on the Madeleine page!

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2012-12-17/new-leads-in-missing-ben-needham-case-following-greek-television-appeal/

New leads emerging from a Greek television programme about missing people could be taking Kerry Needham a step closer to finding her son Ben, who disappeared from Kos in 1991.

Information passed to Calendar, which is emerging more than a week after the show was broadcast, has revealed a number of fresh lines of inquiry - with two significant messages from Greek people actually naming who it could be.

Kerry is more confident than ever that one of the longest-running cases of its type in the world could soon be coming to an end.

princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 18 Dec - 18:37

Thanks for the update, princess New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Icon_flower
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 18 Dec - 22:31

Iris what a very touching story about your father and his twin. I would be the same as you and continue trying to find out what happened to him. I so so hope that you do and I wish you all the very best with it. I hope that you will let us know if you ever find anything out and we are all still around on here New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 Icon_flower
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Dec - 8:58

Aww, that's lovely, thank you all New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 83453

There was an article on the news this morning about some families in Germany, getting their Christmas cards delivered 71 years late. The Resistance in Jersey stole the mailbag from the post office during the Nazi occupation. They have just re-discovered all the mail and they are delivering it now, even though it was meant for the grandparents of the families! So there is always hope, no matter how small.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 19 Dec - 10:26

I think there are two types off death.

There is death where you are there with them to the end and then the is another death where you are not with them when they die.

The first helps you to come to closure and the second you can't as you weren't there when they died so how can you have closure even though you know they are dead.

If you are not there and you can't say goodbye then you never get closure.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Wed 19 Dec - 22:40

New developments in the Ben Needham case - Page 3 377521 Thanks Princess!. I hope Kerry gets the good news she so deserves. Kepping everything crodded for her. x
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3