Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In todays Mail, (Halligen)

+14
Chris
AnnaEsse
wjk
almostgothic
cass
Annabel
malena stool
tigger
fuzeta
jinvta
cherry1
T4two
Lioned
fred
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In todays Mail, (Halligen) Empty In todays Mail, (Halligen)

Post  fred Sat 15 Dec - 23:39

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
In todays Mail, (Halligen) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100In todays Mail, (Halligen) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

In todays Mail, (Halligen) Empty Re: In todays Mail, (Halligen)

Post  Lioned Sat 15 Dec - 23:54

Is it £30k or £300k ?

Did the 'Maddie' fund ever try to recover the-money he is alleged to have taken ?

I dont really get it to be honest,so the fund paid him some money and he failed to find Maddie or any new leads so what,he presumably didn't give any guarantees to find Her,or maybe he did ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
In todays Mail, (Halligen) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100In todays Mail, (Halligen) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 16 Dec - 0:02

He said he would use his MI6 and CIA contacts and high-tech surveillance equipment in the hunt but over six months he came up with no new leads

Scotland Yard have been on the case for a lot longer than Halligen ever was and haven't come up with any leads either. Does this mean that Scotland Yard are guilty of swindling three million quid from the British taxpayer? Perhaps there just aren't any leads to come up with?

T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

In todays Mail, (Halligen) Empty Madeleine 'detective' (Halligen) to be extradited to U.S. on Thursday

Post  interested Sun 16 Dec - 1:25

See Mail on Sunday, 15 December 2012 article.

"A self-styled security consultant accused of swindling the Madeleine McCann fund out of 300,000 pound is to be extradited to the United States this week to face fraud charges."

Apparently Halligen has lost his final appeal and will be flown to Washington on Thursday to face allegations of cheating former business partners out of 1.2 million pounds.

While the article states the amount swindled from the Madeleine fund was 300,000 pounds, the amount shown under Madeleine's picture is 30,000.

I guess it is well known by now that I am technically challenged; perhaps someone more talented can provide a link to the article. Thanks in advance.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 16 Dec - 1:34

this is the article but it didnt bring the photos up in it.

Madeleine 'detective' from U.S accused of swindling £30k from search fund extradited Kevin Halligen will be flown to Washington on Thursday after losing his High Court appeal
In 2008, Halligen's company signed a contract to help find Maddie, who went missing a year earlier
By Mail On Sunday Reporter
PUBLISHED: 23:17, 15 December 2012 | UPDATED: 23:36, 15 December 2012

No leads: Madeleine McCann
A self-styled security consultant accused of swindling the Madeleine McCann fund out of £300,000 is to be extradited to the United States this week to face fraud charges.
Kevin Halligen, 53, lost his final appeal before the High Court in London on Friday and will be flown to Washington on Thursday to face allegations of cheating former business partners out of £1.2 million.
In 2008, Halligen’s company Oakley International signed a contract to help find Maddie, who went missing in Portugal a year earlier.

He said he would use his MI6 and CIA contacts and high-tech surveillance equipment in the hunt but over six months he came up with no new leads.
He was arrested in Oxford in November 2009 after fleeing Washington DC when the US government began seeking an indictment against him for ‘wire fraud and money laundering’.
More...Killer who stabbed cannabis dealer to death less than two hours after starting community service is jailed for 23 years

US Courts have also ordered Halligen to pay about £4 million to other former business partners who claim he fleeced them.
Halligen had been fighting extradition since his arrest.
Accused: Kevin Halligen, left, is accused of swindling £30,000 from a fund set up to help find missing Madeleine McCann, right

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248831/Madeleine-detective-U-S-accused-swindling-30k-extradited.html#ixzz2FAsY6OoH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 16 Dec - 5:46

And what about Metodo 3 or Dave Edgar and Arthur Crowley? None of them came up with any credible evidence either, so should they be accused of swindling the Madeleine fund as well?

The McCanns never wanted any real leads anyway, all they wanted were fake sightings and ex-paedos whom they could place the blame on. Metodo 3 did well at bringing in false sightings, and Edgar and Cowley nearly found their scapegoat in Raymond Hewlett.

The only thing that Halligen didn't come up with that the others did was someone else to place the blame on and deflect responsibility away from the McCanns.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 16 Dec - 8:04

jinvta wrote:And what about Metodo 3 or Dave Edgar and Arthur Crowley? None of them came up with any credible evidence either, so should they be accused of swindling the Madeleine fund as well?

The McCanns never wanted any real leads anyway, all they wanted were fake sightings and ex-paedos whom they could place the blame on. Metodo 3 did well at bringing in false sightings, and Edgar and Cowley nearly found their scapegoat in Raymond Hewlett.

The only thing that Halligen didn't come up with that the others did was someone else to place the blame on and deflect responsibility away from the McCanns.

Edward and Cowley worked really hard! They even disguised themselves as fruit pickers and staked out an old farmhouse in the Algarve. They also took a photograph of a doll on the backseat of a car as proof positive that Maddie must have been there.
I would be prepared to pay for a photo of those two as Portuguese fruit pickers.

Halligen was supposed to have set up a sort of phone-in centre. The McCanns seem never to have enquired how this was going or how many calls the 'centre' was getting. For that money I'd have expected a bit more feedback.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Dec - 10:05

it was £300,000 paid to Halligen......not £30,000.

Strange he should be extradited NOW, I actually made an enquiry through whatdotheyknow asking whether the SY Team reviewing the Madeleine case had visited Halligen in HMP regarding the £300,000 the Fund paid to him. This was only about 3 weeks ago, received a reply, the usual "unable to comment " etc.

For the record, the reason I enquired was because Halligen was being sued by Ryecroft Consultants SA in 2009 for

$1,400,000 ..............and the Fund paid out £300,000 without checking Halligens' credentials????Pull the other one it has bells on. Apparently Halligen had more experience in money laundering than finding missing children.

Did my enquiry prompt the quick extradition???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 16 Dec - 10:22

I don't remember having seen a photograph of him before. Having now had a look at him I don't think I would trust him with a fiver never mind £300,000 In todays Mail, (Halligen) 847843
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 16 Dec - 10:24

Panda wrote:it was £300,000 paid to Halligen......not £30,000.

Strange he should be extradited NOW, I actually made an enquiry through whatdotheyknow asking whether the SY Team reviewing the Madeleine case had visited Halligen in HMP regarding the £300,000 the Fund paid to him. This was only about 3 weeks ago, received a reply, the usual "unable to comment " etc.

For the record, the reason I enquired was because Halligen was being sued by Ryecroft Consultants SA in 2009 for

$1,400,000 ..............and the Fund paid out £300,000 without checking Halligens' credentials????Pull the other one it has bells on. Apparently Halligen had more experience in money laundering than finding missing children.

I hate to derive you of the credit Panda but 2 years isn't exactly a " quick extradition". In todays Mail, (Halligen) 294124
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Dec - 11:12

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:it was £300,000 paid to Halligen......not £30,000.

I hate to derive you of the credit Panda but 2 years isn't exactly a " quick extradition". In todays Mail, (Halligen) 294124

Strange that it should be hastened so quickly though chris, when Halligen has been languishing in Jail for such a long time. It was only 10 days I received a reply and he is now being deported next Thursday??????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Dec - 11:18

tigger wrote:
jinvta wrote:And what about Metodo 3 or Dave Edgar and Arthur Crowley? None of them came up with any credible evidence either, so should they be accused of swindling the Madeleine fund as well?

Edward and Cowley worked really hard! They even disguised themselves as fruit pickers and staked out an old farmhouse in the Algarve. They also took a photograph of a doll on the backseat of a car as proof positive that Maddie must have been there.
I would be prepared to pay for a photo of those two as Portuguese fruit pickers.

Halligen was supposed to have set up a sort of phone-in centre. The McCanns seem never to have enquired how this was going or how many calls the 'centre' was getting. For that money I'd have expected a bit more feedback.

Metodo 3 were interviewed a couple of years ago by ABes, a Spanish subsidiary of either the Guardian or Telegraph maybe, I do have the details . Anyway, Metodo said they did not receive the sum quoted in the British Press, they only received E160,000 plus E4,000 expenses for 6 months work.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 16 Dec - 12:10

Lioned wrote:Is it £30k or £300k ?

Did the 'Maddie' fund ever try to recover the-money he is alleged to have taken ?

I dont really get it to be honest,so the fund paid him some money and he failed to find Maddie or any new leads so what,he presumably didn't give any guarantees to find Her,or maybe he did ?
Perhaps they weren't satisfied with his money laundering techniques....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 16 Dec - 12:19

Panda wrote:
tigger wrote:

Metodo 3 were interviewed a couple of years ago by ABes, a Spanish subsidiary of either the Guardian or Telegraph maybe, I do have the details . Anyway, Metodo said they did not receive the sum quoted in the British Press, they only received E160,000 plus E4,000 expenses for 6 months work.

Strangely enough, I believe them. I think they did exactly what was asked of them.....and I believe they were very good at what they did do for the McCanns.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Dec - 12:47

There was a report in the Press at the time that Gerry and Clarence came up with Metodo, the Fund directors were dubious but went ahead with the contract. I read that Kennedy was the one recommending Metodo & Halligen, he was writing up the contracts and paying them and the Fund was paying Kennedy. Ed smethurst, Corporate Lawyer to Kennedy was drawing up the "Contracts" and later on made a director of NSU ......the whole thing stinks.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 16 Dec - 13:33

Panda wrote:There was a report in the Press at the time that Gerry and Clarence came up with Metodo, the Fund directors were dubious but went ahead with the contract. I read that Kennedy was the one recommending Metodo & Halligen, he was writing up the contracts and paying them and the Fund was paying Kennedy. Ed smethurst, Corporate Lawyer to Kennedy was drawing up the "Contracts" and later on made a director of NSU ......the whole thing stinks.!!!!
Who knows, perhaps the constant and frankly (imo) 'inappropriate' misuse of the fund was one of the factors behind the reason for several members to remove themselves from the board?

Although, the board reports themselves indicate that Esther McVey was the only member to resign from the board, all others were terminated. I seem to remember Doug Skehan and John McCann were reported as resigning....perhaps I'm mistaken?

http://www.cdrex.com/madeleines-fund-leaving-no-stone-unturned-limited/board-2682455.html
Name Function Appointment type Date Profession
PETER HUBNER Director Appointment terminated 10/06/2011 (Retired Hospital Consultant)
DOUG SKEHAN Director Appointment terminated 27/08/2010 (Clinical Director in Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital. Gerry's Boss)
JOHN MCCANN Director Appointment terminated 27/08/2010 (Medical Representative. Resigned his previous post to become board member)

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/m/FUND_COMMITTEE.htm
ESTHER McVEY Spokesperson 20 June 2007 until resigning 9 January 2008. (Friend of Kate McCann since school).
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Dec - 13:55

Yes , your'e right malena.......and all three were close to Gerry, Skehan......his Boss in work and experienced in fund raising, John McCann........his Brother, Hubner ......I think he used to play golf with. No one foresaw the McCanns would be appointed Directors and Kennedy's Lawyer also......the Accounts to 31/3/2012 are due out soon, let's just see how much the Fund made from royalties over sales of 2 million.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 17 Dec - 6:44

I'm pleased to see the press focusing on the money from the Madeleine fund. At least a few people may start to ask why the McCanns are not making a fuss about it. And wouldn't it be wonderful if Halligen were to start singing like the proverbial canary!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 17 Dec - 6:51

anna hope he tells all too -- wonder if the fund will be the thing that starts some kind of justice --press wise
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 17 Dec - 9:20

Blimey, what a hilariously superb Scum piece!

Firstly, the readers may be asking themselves why, given that finding Madeleine should have been top priority, did the McCanns and their benefactors/associates (who one would automatically assume would be able to spot 'dodgy' from miles away), choose this obvious reprobate?
Hell, that suspect syrup must have been a huge giveaway. It's such a bad fit - he must have nicked it from a wig shop!
And having witnessed his singular lack of interest in finding Madeleine after paying him copious amounts of 'fund' money, why they did not release their legal hounds, all guns blazing.
Surely even a Scum reader should be able to detect a whiff of fish here?

Ah well, his erstwhile employers can console themselves knowing that their favourite newspaper was a great help re handing over Halligen to the FBI - it was the Scum wot done it!
So, if the miscreant, in his parlous state, decides it may be advantageous to spill his guts (and a few unhelpful beans) about certain matters, Katykins and Gezza will know exactly who to thank, won't they?
In todays Mail, (Halligen) 25346
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 17 Dec - 10:15

I'm not so sure it was a Sun Reporter who tracked Halligen to the Hotel, and it was £300,000 not £500,000 paid to him.

When this story first broke a Reporter collared Clarence and asked if the McCanns would be taking action against Halligen , Mitchell very abruptly said "the case is closed". That money was laundered I'm sure . Wouldn't it be great if the SY review team have already interviewed him. They would already know from Metodo3 that THEY did not receive the money quoted in the Press. What's that saying "follow the money".....maybe the McCanns are feeling just a bit anxious.In todays Mail, (Halligen) 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 17 Dec - 10:35

AnnaEsse wrote:

I'm pleased to see the press focusing on the money from the Madeleine fund. At least a few people may start to ask why the McCanns are not making a fuss about it. And wouldn't it be wonderful if Halligen were to start singing like the proverbial canary!
Oh yes! What has he got to lose. He may as well spill the beans.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 17 Dec - 10:48

Maybe it's payback for Gerry insisting that the Press be regulated. When you consider that the Press were responsible for keeping the case alive it was rather ungrateful of Gerry and Kate .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 17 Dec - 11:13

Panda wrote:Maybe it's payback for Gerry insisting that the Press be regulated. When you consider that the Press were responsible for keeping the case alive it was rather ungrateful of Gerry and Kate .

I think the McCanns and Mitchell would possibly rather the press didn't focus on the Madeleine Fund aspect of Halligen's crimes. After all, Mitchell said the matter was finished and here's the Sun bringing it all up again.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next