Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In todays Mail, (Halligen)

+14
Chris
AnnaEsse
wjk
almostgothic
cass
Annabel
malena stool
tigger
fuzeta
jinvta
cherry1
T4two
Lioned
fred
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 Empty Re: In todays Mail, (Halligen)

Post  Chris Mon 17 Dec - 11:26

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:Maybe it's payback for Gerry insisting that the Press be regulated. When you consider that the Press were responsible for keeping the case alive it was rather ungrateful of Gerry and Kate .

I think the McCanns and Mitchell would possibly rather the press didn't focus on the Madeleine Fund aspect of Halligen's crimes. After all, Mitchell said the matter was finished and here's the Sun bringing it all up again.

Given their litigious nature to pursue anything which "harms the search" (depriving the fund of what at the time was about 10% of its total income seems like "harm") it is odd they are content to simply forget about it.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 17 Dec - 12:37

That money did not get paid to Halligen to search for Madeleine , I will lay odds it was paid to be laundered. No one in their right mind hands over £300,000 without checking credentials and apart from Halligen being sued by Ryecroft Consultants SA for $1,400,000.00 in 2009 , Halligen is wanted for fraud in the U.S. where he faked a wedding, the £1 million paid by a U.K. Accountancy Firm on behalf of a Client ......... Oakley International was a one man band.

The Daily Mail reported it before The Sun, I'm surprised The Express hasn't reported it as well since Desmond paid £550,000 to the McCanns ......he would be delighted if all this is investigated further by SY.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 17 Dec - 19:27

I sent the editor of The Mail on Sunday a polite In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 25346 e-mail to let him kno that infact their Halligen/McCann £30k story was wrong it was £300k and how I dislike the way the UK Papers and media WILL NOT TELL THE TRUTH for some strange reason, and for this I will never buy a UK newspaper again.

Surprise surprise! I got this reply this morning.....

Dear Ms ******

Thank you for your email. I can confirm the article has now been amended.

It is always good to receive feedback from our readers and we really appreciate you getting in touch.

With best wishes

Your sincerely

Chrissy Amer

Editorial Manager

MailOnline

I'm shocked out of the 5+ years Ive been intouch with any UK Papers, media outlets Ive never had a reply EVER!! I know its not a great reply but its a reply...... is the love fest for the McCanns be ending maybe?? In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 29204
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 17 Dec - 19:48

Lillyofthevalley wrote:I sent the editor of The Mail on Sunday a polite In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 25346 e-mail to let him kno that infact their Halligen/McCann £30k story was totaly wrong and how I dislike the way the UK Papers and media WILL NOT TELL THE TRUTH for some strange reason and for this I will never buy a UK newspaper again.

Surprise surprise! I got this reply this morning.....

Dear Ms ******

Thank you for your email. I can confirm the article has now been amended.

It is always good to receive feedback from our readers and we really appreciate you getting in touch.

With best wishes

Your sincerely

Chrissy Amer

Editorial Manager

MailOnline

I'm shocked out of the 5+ years Ive been intouch with any UK Papers, media outlets Ive never had a reply EVER!! I know its not a great reply but its a reply...... is the love fest for the McCanns be ending maybe?? In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 29204

Wow... what a result! I so admire your tenacity! Very well done lilly, and thank you xx. In todays Mail, (Halligen) - Page 2 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 17 Dec - 20:25

AnnaEsse wrote:

I'm pleased to see the press focusing on the money from the Madeleine fund. At least a few people may start to ask why the McCanns are not making a fuss about it. And wouldn't it be wonderful if Halligen were to start singing like the proverbial canary!

Let's hope that ALL of the people who donated to the fund start questioning why the McCanns, who have not been shy about calling in their lawyers, have not taken action against Halligen. Their reluctance to do so speaks volumes. Possibly when he is tried in the U.S. his murky connection to the fund will come to light through the prosecution by disclosing previous bad behaviour. Hopefully Halligen's lawyer will then have to address the issue and somehow explain the terms of his "arrangement" with the McCanns.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 Dec - 10:39

If the McCanns have not put in a claim their names will not be mentioned in any Trial. How can anyone be expected to believe the McCann Directors handed over £300,000 without checking the background of Halligen. ???? I read in the Press that it was Gerry and Mitchell who "found" Halligen and persuaded the other Directors to employ him. Neither Gerry or Clarence are that gullible so it is more than likely Kennedy provided the Invoice to satisfy the Directors and Auditors and Halligen paid a percentage.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2