Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement!

+18
almostgothic
joyce1938
nospinnaker
Carolina
cass
susible
Karen
dutchclogs
quickfingers
Palmeras16
Keela
marxman
Angelique
hobnob
interested
matthew
T4two
HiDeHo
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement!

Post  Palmeras16 Fri 25 Jan - 10:13

devonmum wrote:
Oh yes, you must be right and we are all so dumb

No, devonmum, I don't think you're dumb at all, just naive when there seems to be a deliberate attempt to obfuscate the truth in this matter.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement!

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 10:16

Perish the thought that the McCanns have ever attempted to obfuscate the truth!

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 23324 McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 23324 McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 23324

A dreary cold day has suddenly become a lot brighter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Fri 25 Jan - 10:16

Palmeras16 wrote:
devonmum wrote:

No, devonmum, I don't think you're dumb at all, just naive when there seems to be a deliberate attempt to obfuscate the truth in this matter.

Interesting, and who is doing the obfuscating?

If you KNOW the truth tell us what it is and how you know?
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :
McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 10:20

Palmeras16 wrote:
devonmum wrote:

There certainly is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 25 Jan - 10:25

has someone got out of the bed the wrong way this morning ? -- choose what happens re tb or ga they wernt the ones that left madeleine to babysit her brother and sister -- they can bleat and try and cry all they want -- but fact is they will never be able to run from this ever
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 25 Jan - 10:47

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:
devonmum wrote:

There certainly is.

'Tis unusual to get an admission though.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 10:49

The start of a trend ........................ ??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 25 Jan - 11:56

Palmeras16 wrote:“I do hope that any financial settlement in Amaral's favour comes along with a public apology” – don’t waste your time on false hope. GA will have to pay the McCanns a considerable amount in compensation. Wait and see.
“One man, with right on his side has taken on the Mccanns and called their bluff” – no he hasn’t
“i think the tide is turning” – no it isn’t
“I do so hope that this is a McCann cave-in and not GA” – see above re: false hope

The only way that Gonçalo would have to pay compensation would be if the case went to court and the judge decided so. If they are to try to settle through negotiating GA can say no to all of their proposals, he is not obliged in any way to accept what they want. If there is no agreement after six months it goes to trial. Simple, isn't it? I don't see how you can reason that the McCanns can get a lot of money out of GA during the negotiation?

Gonçalo Amaral has stood his ground all these years and he could have settled with them long ago even when his wife begged him to do so. The poisonous pair were convinced that GA would cave in as did the UK papers and that it would never get this far.

The tide is turning because the McCanns are no longer calling the shots.

This is a fact: The McCanns asked for the suspension and to negotiate, it was not Gonçalo who asked for it. We do know that if it had been GA who caved in, the McCanns would have called an immediate press conference and every member of their family would have been quoted on it.

Some people can't see the truth even if it bit them. Delusional in my opinion.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 25 Jan - 12:15

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 944533 McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 307691
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 25 Jan - 14:16

As I have said before, the mccanns have played the
dangerous game of brinkmanship to often, threatening
but dealing just at the last minute, then reaping the
PR and media dividend for all it's worth. This also
served to stiffle reasonable debate and prevent any
comment that contested their own views. The threat
of legal action loomed high, which contained many
expressions of fair comment or the questioning of a
single narrative so forcably proffered as fact.
So why have they caved in? May it be that as they
felt comfortable suing GA for defamation as his claims
derived from the PJ investigation, but If NSY have
qualified these same results, then its a totally new
ball game! GA's assertions of the truth gain far more
weight and credibility, which makes the mccann's claim
for libel an unrealistic and fruitless task.

marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Fri 25 Jan - 14:34

Carolina wrote: This is a fact: The McCanns asked for the suspension and to negotiate, it was not Gonçalo who asked for it.

Please can you substantiate this "fact" with some concrete proof and I don't mean quoting ramblings from a blog or forum. Surely, logic dictates that GA approached the McCanns, perhaps on the advice of his new “hotshot” lawyer, to request an out of court settlement in order to negotiate a substantially lower figure than the € 1.2m compensation which they are claiming. The McCanns agreed to open negotiations and therefore requested an adjournment of the case. There is no doubt in my mind that GA will pay compensation to the McCanns, the only question is how much.

Carolina wrote:Some people can't see the truth even if it bit them. Delusional in my opinion.
At least on this we can agree.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :
McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 25 Jan - 14:39

Are you thick or what.

The Mccanns would never accept mr amarals plea for a settlement, ever, Kate McCann would rather tear his eyes out than do that if they thought they could get there hands on 1.2m and humiliate him, they would.

So don't be a thicko.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 14:41

Actually, logic dictates that Amaral, who has already lost much in his quest for the world to know the truth, is hardly likely to settle by compensating the Plaintiffs.

Getting Healy & McCann in a position to be Examined is an opportunity heaven-sent by the vanity of the Plaintiffs and he has nothing further to lose by caving in - especially as the Plaintiffs have an unwinnable Case. So, by extension, the outcome will be a settlement in Amaral's favour or a Hearing.

You have read

a. The PJ Files

and

b. The series of Judgements hitherto, in Litigation between Amaral and the Plaintiffs?

PS: I've just read what Kitti Posted above and agree with the sentiment - there is no precedent for anything other than relentless attempts to crush dissent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Fri 25 Jan - 14:50

kitti wrote:Are you thick or what.

The Mccanns would never accept mr amarals plea for a settlement, ever, Kate McCann would rather tear his eyes out than do that if they thought they could get there hands on 1.2m and humiliate him, they would.

So don't be a thicko.

Your sound, well reasoned, compelling argument has totally changed my opinion of this case... sigh!
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Fri 25 Jan - 14:53

The End Is Nigh wrote:Actually, logic dictates that Amaral, who has already lost much in his quest for the world to know the truth, is hardly likely to settle by compensating the Plaintiffs.
So what in your opinion is the likely outcome of these negotiations?
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 25 Jan - 14:54

Goncalo will pay compensation to the McCanns? I don't think so. You are more likely to see camels on Dancing on Ice.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Fri 25 Jan - 14:55

Mr Amaral will not agree to be gagged, especially as he is writing a book with Pat Brown, so he is not going to agree to the McCanns demands.

So in my opinion the Libel case will go ahead.
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 14:58

Palmeras16 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Actually, logic dictates that Amaral, who has already lost much in his quest for the world to know the truth, is hardly likely to settle by compensating the Plaintiffs.
So what in your opinion is the likely outcome of these negotiations?

I've already stated that several times, the last occasion being in the very Post you have replied to: but I think he will either

a. Accept punitive damages allied with a public apology in all UK and Portuguese Media

or

b. Go to full Hearing

Personally, I'd prefer to see the latter.

But all of this presupposes that the culprits in the Madeleine Case are still at liberty.

So, having indulged you, perhaps you can answer whether you've read the PJ Files and the sequence of Judgements hitherto as asked in the Post you selectively quoted from?

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Fri 25 Jan - 15:02; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 25 Jan - 14:58

devonmum wrote:Mr Amaral will not agree to be gagged, especially as he is writing a book with Pat Brown, so he is not going to agree to the McCanns demands.

I agree. Why doesn't he sue THEM for libel? Katie came out with some less than complimentary remarks about him both personally and professionally.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Fri 25 Jan - 15:04

Keela wrote:
devonmum wrote:Mr Amaral will not agree to be gagged, especially as he is writing a book with Pat Brown, so he is not going to agree to the McCanns demands.

I agree. Why doesn't he sue THEM for libel? Katie came out with some less than complimentary remarks about him both personally and professionally.

He seems to be a better person than that, i have never seen him say anything nasty about the McCanns.

He was just doing his job, and he has been villified and abused. Very dignified man.
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Fri 25 Jan - 15:08

Keela wrote:Goncalo will pay compensation to the McCanns? I don't think so. You are more likely to see camels on Dancing on Ice.

Now you mention it, I believe I have seen a camel spin on Dancing on Ice...
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 15:08

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5034-imagine?highlight=imagine

Acknowledgement to the JH forum.

The last nearly six years must seem like an unwaking nightmare for Sr Amaral.

The thought that he should pay compensation would be hilarious if it wasn't for some people taking it seriously.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 15:14

I welcome non-mainstream views being aired as it gives the opportunity to counter with somewhat more objective and qualified debate.

And it's interesting to note it comes in waves ................. we've had a fair few in recent days.

Perhaps they are rattled?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Fri 25 Jan - 15:17

The End Is Nigh wrote:
a. Accept punitive damages allied with a public apology in all UK and Portuguese Media

or

b. Go to full Hearing

So, having indulged you, perhaps you can answer whether you've read the PJ Files and the sequence of Judgements hitherto as asked in the Post you selectively quoted from?

a. unrealistic expectations based on unsubstantiated rumours that the McCanns have "caved in"

b. a possibility if GA is unable to negotiate a settlement figure which the McCanns find acceptable

c. yes I have read the PJ files
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Jan - 15:22

And have you looked at the previous Judgements in the Healy/McCann vs Amaral saga so far?

What flaws do you see that could be exploited by the Plaintiffs, in the light of what has gone before, to rack up a "win" in what is a Case with many features in common with previous efforts?

Unrealistic expectations on the part of the Plaintiffs, don't you think? Badly advised, perhaps, or just vexatious. Or both.

PS: Do you happen to know if Amaral's books have been returned yet? That particular news has passed me by.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next