Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

+5
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
Palmeras16
wjk
Justiceforallkids
9 posters

Go down

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Empty McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 23 Feb - 11:15

by Brendan de Beer, in General · 20-02-2013 15:31:00 · 8 Comments

The parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann and a former PJ police inspector have this week reportedly failed to reach agreement on an out-of-court settlement.

The defence team of Gonçalo Amaral told Lusa News Agency that court proceedings are back on track after the two parties failed to agree terms.
Kate and Gerry McCann sued Amaral for 1.2 million euros in damages, and the case was put on hold due to an apparent attempt in January by the McCanns to reach an out-of-court settlement.
The case centres around the publication of a best-selling book by Amaral, The Truth of the Lie, which was later transformed into a television documentary shown on national television.
It was reported last month that more than 1.2 million
euros was made from Kate McCann’s book about her missing daughter.
“Income from the book has significantly improved the position”, of the funds’ accounts, its directors said this week, who added: “This will continue as a result of publication in other countries and the release of the paperback.”
Madeleine’s Fund climbed to around 2.5 million euros in the immediate months after her disappearance in May 2007, but in 2009, Gerry McCann told The Portugal News, “We are in danger of running out of money by the end of the year.”
While the Fund has admitted it has scaled back following UK Prime Minister David Cameron’s creation of Operation Grange, it revealed that it still pays for “a 24-hour, 7 day a week telephone line to receive and capture information from around the world which may assist the investigation while also supporting a small investigation team, including a Portuguese speaker to help with the above and with campaign activities.”

Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Empty Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  cass Sat 23 Feb - 11:59

great news that the case against ga is still on going -- they are still begging i see -- 24 hrs phone line anyone with any real news re the case can phone sy free
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Empty Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  wjk Sat 23 Feb - 13:30

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement 306321 JFAK and cass
Heres a link to the thread about this started by Claudia

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t22853-no-settlement
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 23 Feb - 14:30

thanks jwk McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement 306321
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 25 Feb - 7:41

The thread has a different heading to claudias.....

It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Mon 25 Feb - 11:47

kitti wrote:The thread has a different heading to claudias.....

It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...

I’ve read the article, Kitti, but from whence did the Lusa News Agency derive the information? The answer, unfortunately, for those who wish to believe this to be true, is GA’s defence team, and not an unbiased and impartial source. Never mind, I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 25 Feb - 12:02

talking of spin -- clarrie id the best wouldnt you say ? McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement 25346
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 25 Feb - 12:07

Palmeras16 wrote: I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.

Oh, yes, make no mistake that this will be happening quite soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 25 Feb - 12:12

Palmeras16 wrote:

I’ve read the article, Kitti, but from whence did the Lusa News Agency derive the information? The answer, unfortunately, for those who wish to believe this to be true, is GA’s defence team, and not an unbiased and impartial source. Never mind, I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.

Well there's no hidden agenda here. We are quite open about what we are seeking and that is justice for Madeleine. There is no hiding the fact that most of us think Kate and Gerry McCann have a lot to answer for: leaving 3 small children alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country; telling all the friends and relations that the shutters had been jemmied; employing private detectives with no experience of looking for missing children; there being glaring inconsistencies in statements they have made over the past nearly 6 years.

No hidden agenda here!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 25 Feb - 12:16

AnnaEsse wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:

Well there's no hidden agenda here. We are quite open about what we are seeking and that is justice for Madeleine. There is no hiding the fact that most of us think Kate and Gerry McCann have a lot to answer for: leaving 3 small children alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country; telling all the friends and relations that the shutters had been jemmied; employing private detectives with no experience of looking for missing children; there being glaring inconsistencies in statements they have made over the past nearly 6 years.

No hidden agenda here!
well said anna McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement 307691
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 25 Feb - 12:17

Palmeras16 wrote:

So, Palmeras16, I take it from what you say that you don't believe that it's true.
And therefore it follows that you believe that Dr Santos de Oliveira and his team are liars.

As you were so obviously present during this part of the legal process, perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to what transpired ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 25 Feb - 12:33

Link to earlier topic.

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t22853-no-settlement#434305

Both of them are now waiting clarification from Palmeras16!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 25 Feb - 17:28

Palmeras16 wrote:

and you know, do you, for a concrete fact, where Lusa got their information?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 25 Feb - 23:01

There is a very obvious reason why Lusa (the best Portuguese news agency, btw) got their info from GA's defence. The other 'party' had nothing to say about these latest developments. In fact, they never wanted for them to get in the public domain. Which is understandable. Had things been different and we would have had the pleasure of seeing the pink one live...

ETA: before Lusa, several other journalists spoke on live TV about the request. And they all said the same thing. And they all said how surprised they were because it is very unusual for the party which starts the court proceedings to ask for a potential agreement.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Tue 26 Feb - 0:05

Claudia79 wrote:There is a very obvious reason why Lusa (the best Portuguese news agency, btw) got their info from GA's defence. The other 'party' had nothing to say about these latest developments. In fact, they never wanted for them to get in the public domain. Which is understandable. Had things been different and we would have had the pleasure of seeing the pink one live...

ETA: before Lusa, several other journalists spoke on live TV about the request. And they all said the same thing. And they all said how surprised they were because it is very unusual for the party which starts the court proceedings to ask for a potential agreement.

And isn't this the first time in this case where the McCann's have been silent and the other party have been the ones doing the leaking and spinning to the media?

It's almost as if the defence team wish to apply the pressure and press home their clear advantage through the media.

How very McCann of them!

And the fact that Team McCann remain silent and apparently unable or unwilling to counter this news speaks volumes. They appear to be frozen like rabbits in the headlights.

It's a public show of Amaral's team taunting them.

"We have publically rejected your offer and we are quite happy to go to court".

I'm still betting it won't go to court because Team McCann knows that if it does they can't possibly win.

This strikes me as a put up or shut up on the part of the defence and they are calling the bluff of the McCann's initial, no doubt, derisory offer.

I expect capitulation from the team at which point Clarence will then be awoken from his hairspray induced slumber and placed into full on spin mode.

The fact that the defence have come out and rejected the offer (and that there has been no counter spin) should tell anyone with half a brain who is holding the cards here.
Me
Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 26 Feb - 7:25

'I expect capitulation from the team at which point Clarence will then be awoken from his hairspray induced slumber and placed into full on spin mode. ..'

I wonder if he knows we take the piss out off him lol and even typing this I can smell Ellnet Hairspray!!!

The Mccanns must be pooping their pants with thought off mr amaral spilling the beans on what he has up his sleeve.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Tue 26 Feb - 7:28

kitti wrote:I wonder if he knows we take the piss out off him lol and even typing this I can smell Ellnet Hairspray!!!

I've always had him down as a "Falcon For Men" man!
Me
Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 26 Feb - 7:56

Me wrote:
kitti wrote:I wonder if he knows we take the piss out off him lol and even typing this I can smell Ellnet Hairspray!!!

I've always had him down as a "Falcon For Men" man! McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement 23324 bet he wears hi karate aftershave too McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement 25346
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 26 Feb - 10:58

It's laughable that we've known about the McCann cave-in and Amaral's 'on-yer-bike' response for quite a while now - and yet thus far Clarence has been gagged.
It's a story that desperately needs to be spun and he can't, for the moment, find a way to spin it.
He's waiting for the white smoke emanating from Rothley Towers - signifying the new fallback position which he must then mould into something approaching credible.

Good luck with that one, Clarrie.
Will the clocks be striking thirteen again?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down