Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanity Fair Article

+5
tigger
cherry1
jay2001
jd16
tanszi
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Vanity Fair Article Empty The Vanity Fair Article

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 15:48

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802

Because I knew Wales would not beat Ireland within 20 minutes of the game starting, I was going through stuff I have kept and came across this . It is very long, 5 pages but worth a read if you have half an hour to spare .

This bit interested me on Page 5.....so Gordon did not protect them for long.

========================

Lately, word has leaked out that the McCanns feel abandoned even by Gordon Brown, once their close ally. Their spokesman doesn’t quite deny this. “That was one of our backers who said it. We would never be that impolitic,” he says. “But it is true that we have requested a meeting with the prime minister to show him the strength of our case, to explain Kate and Gerry’s innocence—and yet all we’ve been offered is a medium-level-consular meeting, which we rejected.”

Occasionally their $1,200-an-hour lawyer Angus McBride, whose salary is defrayed by Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, Scottish businessman Stephen Winyard, and Brian Kennedy, a multi-millionaire rugby-team owner, drops in on the British tabloids to protest headlines such as portuguese paper smear: “kate killed madeleine as gerry played tennis.”
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The Vanity Fair Article Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Vanity Fair Article Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

The Vanity Fair Article Empty Re: The Vanity Fair Article

Post  Guest Sat 2 Feb - 16:33

The second half was much better, though .....................
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 2 Feb - 16:42

off topic, but you must be so much calmer than me, i darent watch a wales rugby match i change from a well spoken quiet short person into a loud (foul mouthed) hulk of a critic come instructor!
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
The Vanity Fair Article Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Vanity Fair Article Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 17:15

The End Is Nigh wrote:The second half was much better, though .....................

Yes, I agree.....they say 3 men paid their legal expenses, I find that hard to beleive !!! Richard Branson said he would contribute £1 million towards the McCanns Legal Fees, IF they were charged.. Kennedy was supposedly paying for the Detectives searching for Madeleine, don't know who Winyard is.

Last edited by Panda on Sat 2 Feb - 17:22; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 17:19

tanszi wrote:off topic, but you must be so much calmer than me, i darent watch a wales rugby match i change from a well spoken quiet short person into a loud (foul mouthed) hulk of a critic come instructor!

Hi tanzi, I was just like that watching the match.The Vanity Fair Article 294124 What upset me as I reported on Sports talk, that was the 5th consecutive losing match played by Wales, the worst in their history of the game.!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 2 Feb - 17:52

Yes, I agree.....they say 3 men paid their legal expenses, I find that hard to beleive !!! Richard Branson said he would contribute £1 million towards the McCanns Legal Fees, IF they were charged.. Kennedy was supposedly paying for the Detectives searching for Madeleine, don't know who Winyard is.

Both Castle Craig and Stobo Castle are in Peeblesshire...I believe almost opposite each other

MICHAEL HOWIE HOME AFFAIRS CORRESPONDENT Sat 8 Dec 2007-The Scotsman
ONE of Scotland's most wealthy businessmen can today be revealed as the mystery donor helping fund the fight to clear the names of Madeleine McCann's parents.

Stephen Winyard, who owns the luxury Stobo Castle spa in Peebleshire, has spoken publicly for the first time since pledging £100,000 to help meet the escalating legal costs of Gerry and Kate McCann.

In an exclusive interview with The Scotsman, Mr Winyard revealed he has already paid for DNA tests carried out on the Renault Scenic hire car used by the McCanns nearly four weeks after Madeleine's disappearance.

The 58-year-old father-of-three has remained in the shadows since offering a £1million reward for four-year-old Madeleine's return in May. But he said he could no longer remain silent as "scurrilous allegations" continue to be directed towards Mr and Mrs McCann.

He said he wanted to highlight the results of the tests on DNA recovered from the car, and on hair samples from Kate McCann and Madeleine's brother and sister.

Portugese police believe that DNA recovered from the boot of the car suggest Madeleine's body was carried inside the vehicle.

Meanwhile, Portuguese newspapers have alleged that hair samples from Kate and Gerry McCann's children show the couple sedated the two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, and Madeleine on the night she disappeared.

Mr Winyard stated that the findings of their own tests, by Home Office-approved forensic scientists, refuted these claims.

"The reason I am breaking cover is to highlight the findings of that report," he said. "The conclusion of the report was that no DNA was found that in any way implicated Gerry and Kate in Madeleine's disappearance.

"The further test that was commissioned, basically a hair drug test, also refuted the fairly scurrilous accusation that the twins were sedated or that Kate took sedatives herself."

Mr Winyard, who splits his time between Stobo Castle and his home in Monaco, was approached by Gerry McCann for financial help in September.

The businessman agreed to offer an initial sum of £100,000 - a figure matched by Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson.

Double-glazing magnate Brian Kennedy is also donating money to help the McCanns clear their name.

Mr Winyard said the three were sharing the costs between them. "I think the McCanns are entitled to the best legal defence they can muster to refute these scurrilous allegations.

"I remain absolutely confident there is totally insufficient evidence to link them to Madel-eine's disappearance and I'm absolutely confident that in the fullness of time they will be fully exonerated," he said.

Mr Winyard "simply could not stand by and watch" as the couple endured the worst possible hell. "I think you have to be a parent to fully understand, to some degree, what they're going through, to understand their loss," he said.

Mr Winyard, who has met Gerry twice and Kate once, said the couple "deeply resented" the allegations made against them in the Portugese press.

"Their main concern is to get their suspect status lifted so that the search for Madeleine can continue.

"Some of the reporting in the British press has been less than fair. The blanket coverage of every aspect of their lives, the littlest things that they do, creates, I think, the impression in people's minds that they are somehow responsible for what happened to Madeleine."

"This is all to do with getting the focus back on finding Madeleine. Both Gerry and Kate have been through an absolute nightmare over the last seven months and they're facing some very difficult weeks with Christmas coming up."

Mr Winyard criticised the lack of public support offered to the McCanns by the Prime Minister. Gordon Brown initially spoke to the McCanns several times on the phone. But since they were declared suspects by the Portugese authorities, lines of communication had come to a halt.

"This government was elected to look after its citizens," said Mr Winyard, "and it's fair to say it's a fundamental principle of our legal system that everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"With that in mind, I would really strongly urge that Gordon Brown, who has previously been really supportive, accede to our request for a meeting at ministerial level."

He acknowledged that the McCanns' decision to leave their children in their apartment at Praia da Luz while they dined had "divided opinion".

"It is something the McCanns will have to live with," he said.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "We do not comment on ongoing cases.

---

Castle Craig Hospital
Directors
Peter McCann MA, ICADC Chairman
Dr Margaret Ann McCann, MB Bch BAO Medical Director
Dr. Michael G. McCann , MD , MA , DIH, MFOM Director
John L McCann BA ACIS Financial Director/Administrator

Castle Craig Hospital is located in 50 acres of grounds in the Scottish Borders. It is a residential hospital for the inpatient treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction. The hospital is registered with the relevant statutory body, namely the Scottish Care Commission. It is a major contractor to the National Health Service and is recognised by the major medical insurers in the U.K. Many insurance companies from other countries fund the treatment at Castle Craig. The hospital is a Preferred Provider to the U.S. Government under the Tricare programme and it is also recognised by the Dutch insurance companies.
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 18:33

The Vanity Fair Article 819946thanks jd16, it amazes me that you find all this.The Vanity Fair Article 25346

So, Gerry approached Winyard? Did Winyard ask for the money back when he learned that the McCanns received £550,000 from the Daily Express.? The McCanns have no shame do they. There was a rumour that the reason Tony Blair was so quick to help was because a Relative of the McCanns had treated Blair's daughter for alcoholism in Castle Craig. It turned out Peter McCann is no relation.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 2 Feb - 18:42

Panda wrote:The Vanity Fair Article 819946thanks jd16, it amazes me that you find all this.The Vanity Fair Article 25346

So, Gerry approached Winyard? Did Winyard ask for the money back when he learned that the McCanns received £550,000 from the Daily Express.? The McCanns have no shame do they. There was a rumour that the reason Tony Blair was so quick to help was because a Relative of the McCanns had treated Blair's daughter for alcoholism in Castle Craig. It turned out Peter McCann is no relation.

I keep everything all organised & do not forget!! The Vanity Fair Article 25346

As Ive said before, what fascinates the rich to this NHS couple?The likes of richard branson, phillip green, john geraghty, brian kennedy....Stephen Winyard. The rich only protect their own invested interests and do not give out money just like that. The mccanns are like 'bees to the honey' for the rich.....Extremely curious to say the least
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 2 Feb - 18:47

Ah, yes, Richard Branson.

I wonder if he has any skeletons lurking?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 18:58

jd16 wrote:
Panda wrote:The Vanity Fair Article 819946thanks jd16, it amazes me that you find all this.The Vanity Fair Article 25346

As Ive said before, what fascinates the rich to this NHS couple?The likes of richard branson, phillip green, john geraghty, brian kennedy....Stephen Winyard. The rich only protect their own invested interests and do not give out money just like that. The mccanns are like 'bees to the honey' for the rich.....Extremely curious to say the least

Yes, it is very strange......but as I have said before, if Gerry was a fundraiser for the Labour Party he might have information on these people which would be embarassing. I remember the first time I heard about the "abduction", the McCanns, both Doctors, attractive, Madeleine ,their lovely daughter , I felt sympathy. Then when it was reported that they had left three such young children unattended I changed my opinion of the Parents and as the news unfolded, the "abduction "
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sat 2 Feb - 19:00

TEIN - he probably has, but has enough money to keep things quiet, like all the despicable slebs who take out injunctions.

I thought the quote in the article about them not wanting to meet GB's minion was disgusting. Your daughter is 'missing' and you only want the top man. You'd grab any help you could.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 19:11

The End Is Nigh wrote:Ah, yes, Richard Branson.

I wonder if he has any skeletons lurking?

TEIN, when I was living in Jersey I worked in a major Bank for a while which is one of those facing hefty fines and Branson had a Trust there, What surprised me is that although the McCanns organised that Dinner in Bransons' London Restaurant to auction donations he still charged the full amount for the meal. I can't remember the other Charity they shared the proceeds with but I think the event wasn't so well attended as the McCanns hoped, it raised £45,000 for each.

when you consider the McCanns would have had to stay overnight in London and the cost of travelling to and from Leicester , the cost of the Dinner, was it worth it?????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 2 Feb - 19:14

Panda wrote:
jd16 wrote:

Yes, it is very strange......but as I have said before, if Gerry was a fundraiser for the Labour Party he might have information on these people which would be embarassing. I remember the first time I heard about the "abduction", the McCanns, both Doctors, attractive, Madeleine ,their lovely daughter , I felt sympathy. Then when it was reported that they had left three such young children unattended I changed my opinion of the Parents and as the news unfolded, the "abduction "

There's also a Castle Craig in the Netherlands: http://www.castlecraig.nl/over-ons

In short it is a private facility dealing mainly with addition.

Castle Craig Hospital
Castle Craig Hospital is opgericht in 1987 door Peter en dr. Margaret Ann McCann. Van 1983 tot 1987 gaven zij leiding aan Clouds House, een kliniek in het zuiden van Engeland.(In short: Peter and McCann set it up in 1987, from 83 to 87 they were directors at Clouds House a clinic in the South of England)

“Addiction is a destructive disease affecting both the individual and the family and is often fatal. Our expert multidisciplinary team provides professional support in a setting where lives can be transformed and hope regained.” (dr. Margaret Ann McCann, Medical Director)

Castle Craig Hospital is geregistreerd bij de Scottish Borders Health Board en heeft een contract met de NHS (National Health Service). De kliniek is een Preferred Provider voor het Amerikaanse leger volgens hun Tri Care Programma.
Castle Craig Hospital is registered with the Scott. Border etc. and has a contract with the NHS. Preferred provider for USA army according to their Tri Car Progr.)
De kliniek is in Nederland een toegelaten instelling voor klinische geestelijke gezondheidszorg.

(The clinic is an institution for clinical mental health in NL)
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 2 Feb - 19:22

Mr Winyard, who splits his time between Stobo Castle and his home in Monaco,

Thats interesting, and there was a sighting in Monaco. The Vanity Fair Article 303636
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 19:26

Hi tigger, so the McCanns have a few Clinics, although Peter McCann is not related to Gerry, could be John McCann knew of Castle Craig because he lives in Scotland and Tony Blair's daughter WAS treated there because John recommended the Clinic. Far enough away not to get Press attention and could be why Tony Blair knew so quickly about Madeleine's "Abduction."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 2 Feb - 20:26

Panda wrote:Hi tigger, so the McCanns have a few Clinics, although Peter McCann is not related to Gerry, could be John McCann knew of Castle Craig because he lives in Scotland and Tony Blair's daughter WAS treated there because John recommended the Clinic. Far enough away not to get Press attention and could be why Tony Blair knew so quickly about Madeleine's "Abduction."

I'd think it more likely that she'd be treated in NL - further away. Still strange about the USA connection since there are no US troops anywhere in NL, the clinic is in The Hague.
There are two contact telephone numbers but the 24 hour one is for the UK. No round the clock for the Craig Castle here.

In JD's post you can see that John McCann is on the staff list of Craig Castle UK. Pharmaceuticals....
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 2 Feb - 21:03

Panda wrote:Hi tigger, so the McCanns have a few Clinics, although Peter McCann is not related to Gerry, could be John McCann knew of Castle Craig because he lives in Scotland and Tony Blair's daughter WAS treated there because John recommended the Clinic. Far enough away not to get Press attention and could be why Tony Blair knew so quickly about Madeleine's "Abduction."
There is a link between the Dr's McCann and the McCanns of Castle Craig... Lorraine Kelly. She did the original voice over for the Castle Craig introductory CD and is a noted vociferous defender of the Dr's McCann and their questionable methods of child care.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 2 Feb - 21:08

Ah, yes: Dame Lorraine.

Fortunately, I canna ken a word she says.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 2 Feb - 22:56

I still believe that Dr Kate treated Dame Lorraine at Ninewells Hospital at some time. I have yet to establish a concrete link though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 2 Feb - 23:38

Would Kate as a G P ever have treated a hospital patient?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 2 Feb - 23:41

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Would Kate as a G P ever have treated a hospital patient?
Yes NBY, prior to becoming a GP she would have worked in a Hospital.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 3 Feb - 0:12

malena stool wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Would Kate as a G P ever have treated a hospital patient?

I think she was in gynae at Ninewells. And I know that Dame Lorraine was being treated for sub-fertility and miscarriage around that time, and she would have been in the catchment area for Ninewells.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 3 Feb - 9:08

Iris wrote:
malena stool wrote:

I think she was in gynae at Ninewells. And I know that Dame Lorraine was being treated for sub-fertility and miscarriage around that time, and she would have been in the catchment area for Ninewells.
I believe Kelly was on maternity leave in 1994, was this about the same time as Dr Kate was working in Dundee?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 3 Feb - 10:29

malena stool wrote:
Iris wrote:
malena stool wrote:

I believe Kelly was on maternity leave in 1994, was this about the same time as Dr Kate was working in Dundee?

Early 90s, so yes, it was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Sun 3 Feb - 15:34

I still don't believe that there is this cast of thousands involved in a huge coverup and I think the majority of celebs and monied people only got involved from the PR aspect...good looking (allegedly) middle class (allegedly) doctors have their pretty 3 yr old abducted from her bed in her holiday apartment (allegedly) whilst they were dining in their back garden (allegedly) PR goldmine and a chance for some good old Brit xenophobia to rear its ugly head. The media was so quick off the mark with the McCann's version of events, most people didn't get a chance to think that there may be more to it, but it wasn't long til the majority of higher ups ditched them like a hot potato and the media types lorraine kelly etc continued to fawn over them because it was a potential liability to say anything else...and I honestly believe kelly is one of these moronic types, who is probably taken in by wealth and celeb status, which the McCann's had indeed achieved at that time.

Okay so there is (or was) Brian Kennedy, but I have a theory about his involvement and yes, it comes down to money. Being a purveyor of double glazed windows, I genuinely think he latched (excuse the pun) onto the broken shutters, entrance or escape via the window of alleged abductor, hoped he could find Madeleine and then cash in on the publicity of having safe windows in your home...no chance of your child being abducted from her bed...It hasn't really worked out for him though, and I think he's probably long gone as well, the truth about the shutters and the window is out there and anyone who cares to find out can easily come to the conclusion that unsafe windows was not the reason for Madeleine's disappearance, it was sub-standard parenting at least or a far more sinister lapse in parenting at worst, which lead to her disappearance.

But that's my opinion, but I just cannot go with coverups, 10th tapas, protection of someone higher up, because we would just not have heard about any of it, and the McCann's themselves would not have had the carte blanche to go wailing and moaning to the press etc, they would have been silenced long ago, and lets face it, if they had something on someone that has allowed them to get away with any crimes they have committed in relation to their daughter's disappearance, then their whistle-blowing of the person being protected would only lead to a tit for tat response in that any crime they had committed would also be brought to light, so a no win situation for both parties.
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next