Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

+20
Jem
ali1966
fred
quickfingers
steve1295
Susan
Judge Dread
suzyone
pm
fishie
Angelina
margaret
Justiceforallkids
Carolina
Colonel Fabien
halfamo
lubelle
Krisy22
Pabby
FSoares
24 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... Empty McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 20:16

Just been on BBC News.

The parents of Madeleine McCann are to sue former police chief Gonçalo Amaral over allegations that their daughter is dead and that they were involved in concealing her body.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... Empty Re: McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:18

justagrannynow wrote:Just been on BBC News.

The parents of Madeleine McCann are to sue former police chief Gonçalo Amaral over allegations that their daughter is dead and that they were involved in concealing her body.

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 307691 Great...thats just what he wanted McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 944533

He'll make mincemeat out of them!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... Empty Re: McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:19

Breaking News

8:14pm UK, Saturday May 16, 2009
The parents of Madeleine McCann are to sue former Portuguese police officer Goncalo Amaral for defamation.

Kate and Gerry McCann are to take action over comments made by the man who previously led the botched inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance.

In a statement, they said: "We - together with our three children Madeleine, Sean and Amelie - are taking this legal action against Goncalo Amaral over his entirely unfounded and grossly defamatory claims - made in all types of media, both within Portugal and beyond - that Madeleine is not only dead, but that we, her parents, were somehow involved in concealing her body."

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said they are taking action because his claims that Madeleine is dead are hampering the search for their daughter.

The decision was taken in a bid to prevent further publication of Amaral's "deeply offensive" book The Truth of the Lie.

Also his TV documentary, and his "disgraceful thesis" that they were involved in their daughter's disappearance.

The statement continued: "The primary reason for our legal action is simple: to stop any negative effect that these absurd and deeply hurtful claims may be having on the ongoing search for Madeleine.

"We can no longer stand back and watch as Mr Amaral tries to convince the entire world that Madeleine is dead.

"Nor can we allow this blatant injustice to Madeleine, with its obvious risk of hindering our attempts to find her, to continue.

"Mr Amaral's entirely unjustified claims have not only brought indescribable devastation and suffering to our lives, they have hugely compounded the already immense pain and anxiety we have endured since Madeleine's abduction."

Madeleine disappeared two years ago in Praia da Luz, Portugal, while her parents dined in a nearby tapas bar.

The couple recently marked the second anniversary with a PR offensive incorporating renewed appeals for information into Madeleine's disappearance.

They will join families of other vanished youngsters at London's South Bank on Monday to mark International Missing Children's Day.
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:22

"We - together with our three children Madeleine, Sean and Amelie - are taking this legal action against Goncalo Amaral over his entirely unfounded and grossly defamatory claims

Hmmm arent the twins too young to take anyone to court? McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 23324

Actually I find it disgusting they have even brought their twins names into this....they should be left out of it.....or are they telling them that Amaral is the monster?
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 16 May - 20:30

Finaly!!!!!
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:34

justagrannynow wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:"We - together with our three children Madeleine, Sean and Amelie - are taking this legal action against Goncalo Amaral over his entirely unfounded and grossly defamatory claims

Hmmm arent the twins too young to take anyone to court? McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 23324

Actually I find it disgusting they have even brought their twins names into this....they should be left out of it.....or are they telling them that Amaral is the monster?

Just what I was thinking Amber. Why burden poor Madeleine and the twins with all the legal stuff ? They are the adults, let them make the decisions and take the action.

They didn't bother asking the kids what they thought when they were left alone night after night did they? And when Madeleine told them, they just ignored her and did what they wanted to do. DISGUSTING.

Granny they mention Maddie and now the twins to pull at peoples heartstrings......

Exactly...they didnt ask Maddie and the twins if they wanted to be in the creche mornings and afternoons either.....they use those kids when it suits them...

They make me McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 477442
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 20:35

Someone on Sky just made the point, I wonder who is paying for them to sue?? Will the money come out of the fund? Wont be cheap
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:37

Harvesmom wrote:Someone on Sky just made the point, I wonder who is paying for them to sue?? Will the money come out of the fund? Wont be cheap

I wonder why they keep begging for money as the fund is running low and then we find they have enough money to use the new detectives M2 (2 morons)

And now they have money to sue in Portugal......

They are liars.....either they have money or they dont...and they cant say Kennedy is paying for it can they?
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 16 May - 20:40

Ambersuz wrote:
Harvesmom wrote:Someone on Sky just made the point, I wonder who is paying for them to sue?? Will the money come out of the fund? Wont be cheap

I wonder why they keep begging for money as the fund is running low and then we find they have enough money to use the new detectives M2 (2 morons)

They are liars.....either they have money or they dont...and they cant say Kennedy is paying for it can they?

i don´t think they will sue

i think they are saying they will sue only as a thread

why now and not before?

the TV programe was 100%based on the book that is outside for more then 1 year!
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:43

pm wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

why now and not before?

Maybe they are trying to scare him off and trying to show the public they are innocent....but what its for sure doing is advertising his book McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 849426

:Theman: Go Dr Amaral...respect for you from moi!!!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 16 May - 20:44

Ambersuz wrote:
pm wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

why now and not before?

Maybe they are trying to scare him off and trying to show the public they are innocent....but what its for sure doing is advertising his book McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 849426

Amber, they are scare because the book is every day near UK

First was Pt, where they know they don´t have fans

but now is Holland and France
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 20:47

Ambersuz wrote:

Did i read they got a million pounds from the Oprah show to put towards the fund? I'd bet this is the money they are using, they wont be paying for it themselves thats for sure....

Of course! It didnt click with me that the case will be heard in Portugal..... maybe they are hoping he will roll over and settle before a court case like the newspapers have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 16 May - 20:50

if they want to sue Amaral they have to do it here

they have their Pt lawyer, that can do that for them but soon or later in a court they will have to be present
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 20:51

pm wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
pm wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

why now and not before?

Amber, they are scare because the book is every day near UK

First was Pt, where they know they don´t have fans

but now is Holland and France

It will get to the UK....but I dont know why Amaral hasnt tried to sell it online like Tony did...maybe he knows its better to wait.....

As for them suing him....do they think Amaral will settle out of court like the newspapers did??

Amaral will get his day in court with them and they will have to answer all questions!

Isnt that what everyone wants?
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 16 May - 20:56

Amaral is doing every thing by steps

put the book in the internet will make him losse the control

so important as the book are the meetings he gives on those countries, the people he met, the supports he make and so on
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 16 May - 21:04

pm wrote:Amaral is doing every thing by steps

put the book in the internet will make him losse the control

so important as the book are the meetings he gives on those countries, the people he met, the supports he make and so on

Amaral is doing things by the book...thats how it should be done and he's a lawyer too...he isnt stupid and wont run around like a headless chicken like McLiars and Co trying to sue anyone and everyone in their path to put more money in that ridiculous fund to give away to idiotic detectives!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 16 May - 21:08

if they sue Amaral (not thread only) i have the feeling that the court will be MCCAnns versus PT and not only versus Amaral

Amaral will also have a fund money for help him - you will see

will be a court where all could revange everythig was sais (and is said) against us
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 21:11

pm wrote:if they sue Amaral (not thread only) i have the feeling that the court will be MCCAnns versus PT and not only versus Amaral

will be a court where all could revange everythig was sais (and is said) against us

I;m betting Amaral can find more than one Portugese lawyer who would offer his services for free, so maybe he wont need a fund to finance him?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 16 May - 21:15

Harvesmom wrote:
pm wrote:if they sue Amaral (not thread only) i have the feeling that the court will be MCCAnns versus PT and not only versus Amaral

I;m betting Amaral can find more than one Portugese lawyer who would offer his services for free, so maybe he wont need a fund to finance him?

is not only the money that counts and he has a lawyer yet

but he wil fell the support of a country and that will be very important for him
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 21:18

And half of England is behind him too. I hope he counter claims for losing his job because of their negligence, and lets hope the PT people get together and sue for loss of business and jobs too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 21:29

Paula do you mean the public will help him for the law fees?

This is excellent news about them wanting to sue him. I cant wait for that as he will slaughter them in court. Isnt this just what he was trying for?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 21:30

pm wrote:
Harvesmom wrote:

is not only the money that counts and he has a lawyer yet

but he wil fell the support of a country and that will be very important for him

I dont think only your country will support him Paula. Lots more people from other countries will too McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 849426
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sat 16 May - 21:47

The McCanns then know exactly what happened to Madeleine then! Amaral can now bring out the rest of his book. All the McCanns are doing is digging a hole for themselves and then they will fall right in it! How can they sue on behalf of Madeleine? McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 847843
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 22:01

'Deeply hurtful'

The decision was taken in a bid to prevent further publication of Mr Amaral's "deeply offensive" book The Truth of the Lie and his television documentary.

The McCann's UK lawyer, Edward Smethurst, said the first step will be to apply for a gagging order at Lisbon's main civil court.

"There is no evidence that Madeleine is dead. Therefore not only is this book damaging and libellous, but it's also damaging the search for Madeleine."

He said he was confident the injunction would be granted.

this is on the BBC website, the rest is the same as on Sky News..... Wonder if they will just apply to get an order to 'gag' Amaral and then take it no further?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 May - 22:42

justagrannynow wrote:Just been on BBC News.

they wouldnt frigging dare. McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next