Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life lost.

+6
kitti
AnnaEsse
dazedandconfused
chrissie
wantthetruth
maebee
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Life lost. Empty Life lost.

Post  steve1295 Sun 26 May - 20:56

Just seen in the Independent.ie that Amy's brother was fatally stabbed in Malahide,Dublin ,last night...oohhhh my,as if her poor mam has not suffered enough....xxxxxxxxxx
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :
Life lost. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Life lost. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Life lost. Empty Re: Life lost.

Post  steve1295 Sun 26 May - 22:07

It's not looking good at all.Just really tragic.
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Life lost. Empty More heartache for the family of Amy Fitzpatrick

Post  maebee Mon 27 May - 8:10

maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 27 May - 13:21

I've just seen this on FB, so came here to see if anyone knew anything as I can't open the links.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 27 May - 14:06

Dean was a father off one child.

The father hired private detectives to look for Amy.

Makes me wonder now if in fact she made it home.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 27 May - 14:18

kitti wrote:Dean was a father off one child.

The father hired private detectives to look for Amy.

Makes me wonder now if in fact she made it home.

What to Ireland Kitti? He seems a right thug does the step dad, what do you think?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 27 May - 14:21

She was supposedly on her way home from a party , wasn't she?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 27 May - 14:29

I didn't know the same private detectives were used to find Amy were the same two used to find Madeleine McCann .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 27 May - 14:30

kitti wrote:She was supposedly on her way home from a party , wasn't she?

Yes, she had been at her friends and was supposed to stay all night. I wonder if Step-dad knows more than he should?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 27 May - 14:37

It says on the wiki site she had been babysitting 10 mins away and left at 10 but never made it home.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 27 May - 14:38

I didn't notice that bit on Wikipedia about the detectives - I have my doubts about that.

According to this link, someone called Liam Brady was hired.

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588376
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 27 May - 15:30

This is really awful for Audrey. First her daughter and now her son gone. She and Dave have always come across as being a close couple and the fact that he has been arrested for this murder must add to her devastation.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 27 May - 16:24

Oh my goodness. That poor, poor woman.

How on earth??? My heart goes out to her.......
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 May - 16:30

Tragic Dean’s mum forgives partner who was quizzed over his death

Life lost. DaveMahon

30 MAY 2013

The mother of missing teen Amy Fitzpatrick says she forgives her partner who was quizzed over her son’s death.

Audrey Fitzpatrick said Dave Mahon (45) is a “very good man” and revealed how she has forgiven him after her son died from a single stab wound last weekend.

Audrey Fitzpatrick said, “I love him and I hate him” as she sat with Dave in their north Dublin apartment yesterday.

Dave Mahon (42), who was questioned by gardai over the death of the 23-year-old father of one, has said that his stepson's death was a "terrible accident".

It is understood that he told gardai that the incident in which Dean died was unintentional and that he stabbed the young man in self-defence.

The victim was the brother of missing teenager Amy Fitzpatrick who disappeared in Spain in 2005.

Dad-of-one Dean was discovered fatally injured near Northern Cross on the Malahide Road in Dublin.

The couple spoke out in an interview with today’s Star newspaper where devastated mum Audrey said: “He is a very good man. He was very close to Dean. He always rang Dave before he rang me.”

Dave will not be going to Dean’s funeral tomorrow but attend the funeral home to say goodbye this evening.

Mahon told the paper, “I am going to see Dean to pay my respects. It’s the last time I will see him.”

He continues to maintain Dean’s death was an accident.

“This was an accident. It will all come out in the wash. But I will have to take this on the chin. I have no choice.

“The hardest thing for me to be in a prison call is to live with this in my mind. It will be hard enough to live with this in my mind walking down the street and getting on with your life as best as one can, but to be in a cell, that’s a different matter.”

Audrey revealed to the Star that her son would be buried in the same grave as her mother Maura (85) who died last May.

“They idolised each other. He always said the rosary in bed with my mam when he stayed down there when he was young, so I just want him in bed with her now.”

The grieving mum said that she had not yet been able to see Dean’s body as official investigations into his death continue.

She said: “I can’t think of anything until I see him, all I want to do is see him.

“I have to hang on to see him and that is what is killing me more than anything else.”

Mr Mahon, who was arrested by gardai investigating Dean's killing, was released without charge. A file was sent to the DPP.

Audrey and her family have been running a high profile and costly campaign for years in a bid to trace the whereabouts of Dean’s sister Amy.

She vanished after leaving a house in the Mijas Costas district of the Costa del Sol in January 2008. She had moved to the Spanish coast with her mother Audrey and Dean in 2005.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tragic-deans-mum-forgives-partner-who-was-quizzed-over-his-death-29308080.html
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 30 May - 17:42

I'm sorry but OMG!!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 May - 17:45

wjk wrote:I'm sorry but OMG!!!

He claims it was an accident, self-defence, and his word was taken? He's been released without charge? What? Still, something is happening because the funeral has been delayed as the body has not been released for reasons not disclosed.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 30 May - 18:48

AnnaEsse wrote:

He claims it was an accident, self-defence, and his word was taken? He's been released without charge? What? Still, something is happening because the funeral has been delayed as the body has not been released for reasons not disclosed.
I'm so shocked that Audrey is just taking his word, Anna. He wouldn't be coming within 100 miles of me, if were Audrey.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 30 May - 18:48

wjk wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I'm so shocked that Audrey is just taking his word, Anna. He wouldn't be coming within 100 miles of me, if I were Audrey.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 May - 18:54

wjk wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I'm so shocked that Audrey is just taking his word, Anna. He wouldn't be coming within 100 miles of me, if were Audrey.

I'm shocked that the police are taking his word for it. When someone dies in a violent incident, self defence is the defence offered before a court not what the police should make a judgment about. It's surely not up to the police?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 31 May - 11:05

Life lost. 29204

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dean-fitzpatrick-give-gardai-new-1918690

Dean Fitzpatrick wanted to give gardai vital new information about his sister Amy's disappearance before he was killed

Victim's dad Christopher reveals his son opened up for the first time about what happened his sister

Amy Fitzpatrick’s dad believes they were close to making a breakthrough in her case before Dean was killed.

Christopher Fitzpatrick has revealed how Dean had opened up to him about his sister’s disappearance in the days before he was stabbed to death.

It has emerged the 23-year-old was planning to go to gardai with vital information which he hoped would nail Amy’s killer.

His dad Christopher, 47, told Irishmirror.ie: “The last couple of days he was confiding in me quite a lot about Amy.

“Before that he never said much but he was coming around and talking a lot more about it.

“He was loosening up in the last week and a half.”

Sources have revealed Dean was planning to speak to gardai or the family’s private investigator Liam Brady about the case.

They claim he had information which he wanted to pass on to police which may have provided a breakthrough in the five-year investigation.

Gardai are investigating tragic Dean’s movements and conversations in the lead-up to his death on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, his mother’s partner Dave Mahon has admitted stabbing him to death but denies it was murder.

Mahon, 42, who was questioned by gardai for 24 hours, claimed he was acting in self-defence and that it was an accident.

Dean’s dad Christopher and aunt Christine Kenny last night said they were hoping to secure justice for the killing.

Ms Kenny said: “All we want is Dean’s body to be released but we have to go by the law and whatever the police have to do, they have to do it.

“They’re doing a fantastic job. They’re not going to leave any stone unturned.”

Christopher added: “We want to make an appeal for anyone that was there on the night.

“We would appeal for anyone who was at the function in the hotel, outside or in the apartment complex on the night to come forward if they saw anything.

“We would like them to contact gardai in Coolock.”

Ms Kenny explained the family believe this latest killing may affect the hunt for missing Amy.

Dean’s sister Amy disappeared in 2008. The then 15-year-old schoolgirl vanished without a trace on New Year’s Eve in Spain, where she had been living with her mum Audrey and step-dad Dave Mahon.

Amy is presumed dead and her body has never been recovered, despite huge searches.

Ms Kenny said: “We believe that Dean’s death might now bring about some new information about Amy.

“We have never given up hope. There are people who know the truth and maybe now their conscience will catch up on them. We are not and we will not give up on Amy.”

Christine and Christopher declined to comment on the details of Dean’s death and they explained that the matter was now under Garda investigation.

The dad described the horror moment he learned his son had been killed.

Christopher said: “The gardai got my number from Dean’s phone and they called me to say what had happened.

“To be honest I thought it was one of his friends messing and it was only when we got the second call to go around the hospital immediately that I realised what had happened.”

Ms Kenny revealed how the couple rushed to Beaumont Hospital but by that stage it was too late.

She said: “They brought us into the family room and the surgeons told us they tried to revive him twice. They were successful once but it was too late.”

Christopher was visibly emotional when he was asked to describe his eldest son.

He added: “Dean was into the gym and weightlifting in a big way, he couldn’t get enough of it.”

He said Dean was also an avid cyclist and would bike from their home in Artane, North Dublin, to his girlfriend Sarah O’Rourke’s house in Lusk every day.

Christopher added: “Dean was a quiet guy. He just done his own thing and he never bothered anyone.

“He never fell out with anyone and if he did, he would be back friends with them very quickly.”

Although Dean was trying to find work at the time of his death he had a keen interest in mechanics.

Christine explained he was with them in the three days leading up to his death.

And she added he was in a very positive mood. The family are now preparing for the funeral which was further delayed yesterday when Dave Mahon requested an independent post mortem.

Private investigator Liam Brady last night appealed for anyone with information about Amy’s disappearance to contact him through the website searchforamy.com.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 31 May - 11:10

chrissie wrote: Life lost. 29204

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dean-fitzpatrick-give-gardai-new-1918690

Dean Fitzpatrick wanted to give gardai vital new information about his sister Amy's disappearance before he was killed

Victim's dad Christopher reveals his son opened up for the first time about what happened his sister

Amy Fitzpatrick’s dad believes they were close to making a breakthrough in her case before Dean was killed.

Christopher Fitzpatrick has revealed how Dean had opened up to him about his sister’s disappearance in the days before he was stabbed to death.

It has emerged the 23-year-old was planning to go to gardai with vital information which he hoped would nail Amy’s killer.

His dad Christopher, 47, told Irishmirror.ie: “The last couple of days he was confiding in me quite a lot about Amy.

“Before that he never said much but he was coming around and talking a lot more about it.

“He was loosening up in the last week and a half.”

Sources have revealed Dean was planning to speak to gardai or the family’s private investigator Liam Brady about the case.

They claim he had information which he wanted to pass on to police which may have provided a breakthrough in the five-year investigation.

Gardai are investigating tragic Dean’s movements and conversations in the lead-up to his death on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, his mother’s partner Dave Mahon has admitted stabbing him to death but denies it was murder.

Mahon, 42, who was questioned by gardai for 24 hours, claimed he was acting in self-defence and that it was an accident.

Dean’s dad Christopher and aunt Christine Kenny last night said they were hoping to secure justice for the killing.

Ms Kenny said: “All we want is Dean’s body to be released but we have to go by the law and whatever the police have to do, they have to do it.

“They’re doing a fantastic job. They’re not going to leave any stone unturned.”

Christopher added: “We want to make an appeal for anyone that was there on the night.

“We would appeal for anyone who was at the function in the hotel, outside or in the apartment complex on the night to come forward if they saw anything.

“We would like them to contact gardai in Coolock.”

Ms Kenny explained the family believe this latest killing may affect the hunt for missing Amy.

Dean’s sister Amy disappeared in 2008. The then 15-year-old schoolgirl vanished without a trace on New Year’s Eve in Spain, where she had been living with her mum Audrey and step-dad Dave Mahon.

Amy is presumed dead and her body has never been recovered, despite huge searches.

Ms Kenny said: “We believe that Dean’s death might now bring about some new information about Amy.

“We have never given up hope. There are people who know the truth and maybe now their conscience will catch up on them. We are not and we will not give up on Amy.”

Christine and Christopher declined to comment on the details of Dean’s death and they explained that the matter was now under Garda investigation.

The dad described the horror moment he learned his son had been killed.

Christopher said: “The gardai got my number from Dean’s phone and they called me to say what had happened.

“To be honest I thought it was one of his friends messing and it was only when we got the second call to go around the hospital immediately that I realised what had happened.”

Ms Kenny revealed how the couple rushed to Beaumont Hospital but by that stage it was too late.

She said: “They brought us into the family room and the surgeons told us they tried to revive him twice. They were successful once but it was too late.”

Christopher was visibly emotional when he was asked to describe his eldest son.

He added: “Dean was into the gym and weightlifting in a big way, he couldn’t get enough of it.”

He said Dean was also an avid cyclist and would bike from their home in Artane, North Dublin, to his girlfriend Sarah O’Rourke’s house in Lusk every day.

Christopher added: “Dean was a quiet guy. He just done his own thing and he never bothered anyone.

“He never fell out with anyone and if he did, he would be back friends with them very quickly.”

Although Dean was trying to find work at the time of his death he had a keen interest in mechanics.

Christine explained he was with them in the three days leading up to his death.

And she added he was in a very positive mood. The family are now preparing for the funeral which was further delayed yesterday when Dave Mahon requested an independent post mortem.

Private investigator Liam Brady last night appealed for anyone with information about Amy’s disappearance to contact him through the website searchforamy.com.

Bloomin' eck! Killed a few days after he told his father he had information about Amy? Life lost. 29204
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 31 May - 11:27

This get's even more peculiar!!!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  steve1295 Sat 1 Jun - 0:44

Regarding the Funeral arrangements,Deans body is being released to his partner.There was a bit of difficulty with the arrangements in the beginning because his Mam and Dad had different ideas on where he should be buried.
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content