Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors'

Go down

Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors' Empty Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors'

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 10:03

Wednesday, 21 January 2009 22:18
A 40-year-old woman who admitted that she had made her 14-year-old son have sex with her on four occasions told gardaí they were living in what was described as a house of horrors.

Roscommon Circuit Court was told this afternoon that the incest took place after the woman returned in a drunken state from a local pub.

The boy later told HSE support services about the sexual assault.

When gardaí arrested the woman, she admitted the offences and said she was sorry for what had happened.

'Yes, it was a house of horrors with bells on it,' she said.

'My kids were sexually abused, not washed and not fed - I am the worst mother in the world and I don't deserve to get my children back.'

Sentencing before Judge Miriam Reynolds began this afternoon.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has pleaded guilty to charges of incest, sexual assault and wilful neglect and is being sentenced at Roscommon Circuit Court.

Her six children were aged between six and 15 when the offences took place over a six-year period at the family home.

In the course of detailed evidence given to Judge Reynolds when the case opened this morning, Sergeant John Hynes said the woman and her six children were living in appalling conditions at the family home when he first investigated the case.

He said the children were not fed properly, suffered from head lice and were beaten on regular occasions.

The mother left them alone in the house and went drinking on an almost daily basis. The house itself was strewn with rubbish, dirty clothing and stale food.

Sergeant Hynes gave evidence that the children were never toilet trained properly and fought amongst themselves while their mother was out in the pub.

The court was told a local doctor reported his concerns to the western health board but while social workers were coming in two days a week, the children were warned not to speak about the way they were treated and the full details of what the woman's sister described as horrific cruelty were not disclosed to gardaí until the children were taken into care at the end of 2004.

Judge Reynolds was told the Western Health Board had made an agreement in 2000 that the woman's children would be placed with their maternal aunt and uncle.

Childcare workers with the HSE told the court that the woman had subsequently gone to the court and secured a High Court order restraining the Western Health Board from going near her house or moving the children.

Judge Reynolds was told this order was secured by the woman with the support of a Catholic group and the plan to place the children with their maternal aunt and uncle did not go ahead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors' Empty Re: Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors'

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 11:44

Becoming a mother doesnt make you a good mother and this is proof of that. Sick bitch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors' Empty Re: Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors'

Post  lubelle Thu 22 Jan - 11:55

Dogwood wrote:Becoming a mother doesnt make you a good mother and this is proof of that. Sick bitch.
I agree...but how do these people get away with it for so long?Do teachers or other parents not see the neglect?Thank's to this site i am far more aware of what is going on in the world and always look out for signs now in any children..just incase.
lubelle
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Warning :
Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Woman admits abuse in 'house of horrors' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 12:51

Dogwood wrote:Becoming a mother doesnt make you a good mother and this is proof of that. Sick bitch.

Too true Dogwood but sadly there are many in society who believe that being able to give birth somehow bestows on a female all sorts of kindly qualities she never had before.
An immature, selfish, unstable woman is immature, selfish and unstabe whether she becomes pregnant or not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 14:24

This woman cant be human, the dirty twisted evil bitch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Jan - 13:39

I honestly blame the people around her for not reporting her and I do not believe for one moment that not one person realised something was amiss. Yes she is the one who is sick and twisted but we know which people in our society need some attention and this person must have had ppl who thought she was odd or deranged or both.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down