Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  tanszi Sat 21 Sep - 21:29

I can recall a similar thing, they had security people all over their property and they had all their phones checked out.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  almostgothic Sat 21 Sep - 21:37

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 21 Sep - 23:35

good one almostgothic, im hopeless at trying to find stuff.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 22 Sep - 0:19

I can confirm how closely the Administrator of the 3A forum monitored the site.

I had been following the Casey Anthony case on line and read an item indicating that an hour before it was announced that her parents and Gerry and Kate McCann had been booked for the Oprah Winfrey show.

Knowing this would be of great interest to members of the forum, I posted about the date of the McCanns upcoming appearance. In my haste I neglected to give my "source" but my post was accepted.

The following post was from someone who said I was a phony because the McCanns would never "do" the Winfrey show. Other posts followed indicating I was indeed a phony because I didn't name my source.

I tried three times after that indicating my source was the Orlando Sentinel newspaper (online) but my posts were blocked from appearing. I can only assume I was blocked from posting because I had been "outed" as a phony.

Eventually my post was accepted and immediately other members must have checked the same source because suddenly I was no longer a phony and was being thanked for the information.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sun 22 Sep - 0:39

From Anne Guedes Justice forum, the last witness day 3:

Libel Trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 3 Witness No 3
The testimony as it happened...
(19.09.2013, 14:45pm) Alípio Ribeiro via video-conference. In 2007 he was the National Director of the Polícia Judiciária (PJ). He left the PJ in May 2008, i.e. before the end of the investigation and obtained the status of Deputy AG (Procurador Geral Adjunto). He now works as a Ministry Inspector....

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2314.0;attach=2640
.................................................................................................................................................................

"1) McCann family lawyer, Isabel Duarte, is the only lawyer to question the witness.
ID asks whether AR read the Amaral book?
AR answers "no".
ID asks whether AR watched the documentary?
AR answers he did not watch it.
Nobody has anything further to add."

I can't undestand Mccann's strategy. They said nearly everybody read the book and a saw the documentary and nearly all the witnesses they produce say they didn't! It's as if you ask a player to score for you and he put the ball in opponents goal.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 22 Sep - 1:09

frencheuropean wrote:I don't know if it was already posted : from Justice Forum day 3:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2314.0;attach=2638

It's Alan Pike. Very long.
"The family was disappointed and angry, in Portugal the people would stop searching for Madeleine. Kate was in such a bad state that Gerald had to quit his job for some time to care for her."

This is news to me. I wasn't aware of Gerry ever quitting his job. He was on paid leave for quite some time, but this was well before the book was published.

Kate's distress seems more to do with what people think about her, rather than any effects of what people think about her will have on the search for Madeleine. They were fine as long as they felt the the majority of people supported them. Anything she says to Pike is hearsay anyway. She can tell him whatever she wants, but it can hardly be constituted as evidence.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 22 Sep - 1:45

SO - What part does excessive publicity play in primary trauma? Does it increase the stress and the anxiety?

AP - Yes it does.

The McCanns were so anxious to court publicity they had an official spokesman who regularly fed information to the press; they posed for photos and did regular TV interviews.

If they suffered stress and anxiety it was caused by the excessive publicity they courted.

interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Sep - 11:02

It all boils down to one question.

"Was it caused by Dr Amaral's book"?

If the answer is no, then it's irrelevant and could be disregarded.

Amaral's book did not cause Gerry to quit his job (which he didn't).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Sep - 11:04

interested wrote:SO - What part does excessive publicity play in primary trauma?  Does it increase the stress and the anxiety?

AP - Yes it does.

The McCanns were so anxious to court publicity they had an official spokesman who regularly fed information to the press; they posed for photos and did regular TV interviews.

If they suffered stress and anxiety it was caused by the excessive publicity they courted.

You mean, like one party demanding a court held in camera, and the other posing outside it and giving TV and Press interviews? I'm sure the Judge is not daft. She can see for herself, exactly what's going on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 22 Sep - 18:38

Congratulations to "jeanmonroe" on the superbly worded enquiry addressed to the North Yorkshire Police regarding any investigation into the alleged threat to the McCann children. (page 35 of this topic)

Eagerly awaiting the Police response!!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sun 22 Sep - 22:52

Day 3 : from Justice forum :Claudia Nogueira

Libel trial Day 3.

Cláudia Nogueira evidence.
Media Consultant

The testimony as it happened...

(19.09.2013, 15 pm) Cláudia Nogueira, Managing Director of the Portuguese Public Relations and Communications Company, Plus - People Development. From 2009 to 2011 – she was the Executive Director of the Portuguese private agency Lift Consulting, a Company engaged by the McCanns...

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?PHPSESSID=27ssfj8qnuqsaqgade67so9pq6&action=dlattach;topic=2314.0;attach=2643
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Mon 23 Sep - 8:56

Kate was so worried that people wouldn't search for Maddie in Portugal. Then, why didn't she and Gerry come down to search. The only searching they have ever done is for lawyers. What arrogance to believe that it is the duty of the Portuguese to go out and look for the daughter they failed to protect.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 23 Sep - 10:01

Oh dear... the judge is basically saying that there are two sorts of "sightings". The sort that doesn't mention GAs book, and the sort that do. And we all know that there have been lots of the first sort! So the book has had little effect. Also Claudia Nogueira can't prove her figures, she's claiming 50% viewing (with no proof) but the defence lawyer has quoted a public poll that puts it at 23%.

It's going from bad to worse for the McCanns imho. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 307691 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 23 Sep - 12:16

interested wrote:Congratulations to "jeanmonroe" on the superbly worded enquiry addressed to the North Yorkshire Police regarding any investigation into the alleged threat to the McCann children.  (page 35 of this topic)

Eagerly awaiting the Police response!!!
Sat, 13:38 Message starred Thank You for contacting North Yorkshire Police
FROM General Enquiries TO You
Show Details
From
General Enquiries
Thank you for contacting North Yorkshire Police. Your e mail has been received into the General Enquiries e mail Box.

14:59 Message starred RE: Your investigation into McCann twins 'threat' [NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED]
FROM General Enquiries TO You + 1 More
Show Details
From
General Enquiries
CC
DBS Unit
Classification: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
Dear ********
I have forwarded your email to our Disclosure Unit for attention and action as necessary. They will no doubt be contacting you in due course.
Regards

Jim ****
Collar No ****
On behalf of General Enquiries In Box
Force Control Room XN
North Yorkshire Police
NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

Sent: 21 September 2013 13:32
To: General Enquiries
Subject: Your investigation into McCann twins 'threat'
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Mr Michael Wright, of Skipton, has stated publicly, in an open court, that the North Yorkshire Police 'investigated' several people in connection with a 'threat' to the McCann family twins.
Please could you confirm that what Mr Wright has stated is true, and that people were 'interviewed' by your force in relation to a specific 'threat'?
Mr Wright has also said that North Yorkshire Police interviewed him about this.
Mr Wright has stated that the threat originated from the now closed 3 Arguidos website forum.
Do you have an incident number for the investigation your force carried out , as Mr Wright has said, into the 'threat' to the McCann children.?
Do you also have an incident report number in relation to Mr G McCann's reporting to the North Yorkshire Police about the same specific threat to his children?
Has North Yorkshire Police retained specific information, in a very important complaint, that will confirm Mr McCann's and Mr Wright's claims are true?
Do i have to compose a Freedom of Information request to receive the information i have asked?
Yours faithfully.
*****************************************************************************************
Internet email is not to be treated as a secure means of communication.
North Yorkshire Police monitors all internet email activity and content.
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only.
Please notify the sender if received in error. Unauthorised use or
disclosure of the content may be unlawful. Opinions
expressed in this document may not be official policy.
Thank you for your co-operation.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 23 Sep - 12:54

Jean, your inquiry is professional and spot on!  I am in awe of your ability to cut to the chase. Thank you so much for taking the initiative, and for doing it so well!Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 23 Sep - 13:12

Trial Day 4. Michel Wright. Thanks to Anne Guedes and John , Justice Forum.
A very long testimony

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2334.0;attach=2644
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 23 Sep - 13:13

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 944533 Well done Jean!!!! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 944533 
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 23 Sep - 13:30

Oh, the irony!

I've just started reading MW 'testamony' and this!

The Judge asks whether he knows the author of the book.
MW says "only by hearsay".

HEARSAY?
This whole court case to date has been HEARSAY 'evidence' from the McCann 'witnesses!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 23 Sep - 13:45

frencheuropean wrote:Trial Day 4. Michel Wright. Thanks to Anne Guedes and John , Justice Forum.
A very long testimony

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2334.0;attach=2644
So now they are trying their tricks in court; appearing or not appearing, trying to read from unauthorised papers. Duarte now has to get Pinto to appear at court Or Else. All the 3As rubbish has basically been ruled as irrelevant. As has Michael Wright, as an impartial witness. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 272645

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 23 Sep - 13:52

Iris wrote: 
frencheuropean wrote:Trial Day 4. Michel Wright. Thanks to Anne Guedes and John , Justice Forum.
A very long testimony

So now they are trying their tricks in court; appearing or not appearing, trying to read from unauthorised papers.  Duarte now has to get Pinto to appear at court Or Else.  All the 3As rubbish has basically been ruled as irrelevant.  As has Michael Wright, as an impartial witness.  Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 272645

and ID ( Isabelle duarte) received "a slap in the face" from the judge!:

"ID - Do you know whether there was an end to the investigation?
MW It was public knowledge that the investigation was stopped.
ID - Did this event occur because of the publication of the book?
MW The content of the book was conflicting with what was in the files. He says he would be speculating if he answered the question.
ID - Don't you have knowledge of this direct relationship?
The Judge interrupts and asks whether the book was published before or after the archiving of the files.
MW says it was after.
The Judge – Then how could the book interfere with the investigation?
MW stays silent.
The Judge repeats the question.
MW says it didn't but it interfered with the following investigations made by the private investigators hired by Kate and Gerry.
The Judge overrules ID who wanted to know how the book influenced the McCann investigation.
ID starts asking if because of the.... but the Judge overrules again arguing she reveals the answer in the question. She adds that questions should be asked in an appropriate way"
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 23 Sep - 14:24

frencheuropean wrote:
Iris wrote: 
A very long testimony

So now they are trying their tricks in court; appearing or not appearing, trying to read from unauthorised papers.  Duarte now has to get Pinto to appear at court Or Else.  All the 3As rubbish has basically been ruled as irrelevant.  As has Michael Wright, as an impartial witness.  Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 272645

and ID ( Isabelle duarte) received "a slap in the face" from the judge!:

"ID - Do you know whether there was an end to the investigation?
MW It was public knowledge that the investigation was stopped.
ID - Did this event occur because of the publication of the book?
MW The content of the book was conflicting with what was in the files. He says he would be speculating if he answered the question.
ID - Don't you have knowledge of this direct relationship?
The Judge interrupts and asks whether the book was published before or after the archiving of the files.
MW says it was after.
The Judge – Then how could the book interfere with the investigation?
MW stays silent.
The Judge repeats the question.
MW says it didn't but it interfered with the following investigations made by the private investigators hired by Kate and Gerry.
The Judge overrules ID who wanted to know how the book influenced the McCann investigation.
ID starts asking if because of the.... but the Judge overrules again arguing she reveals the answer in the question. She adds that questions should be asked in an appropriate way"
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 307691 Oh this judge is on the ball!!
Excellent!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 23 Sep - 14:31

The Judge asks wasn’t there something during the investigation that led to their constitution as arguidos.
MW Not particularly. He adds he wasn't involved in that matter.

Not particularly??? Eh??? Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 303636 

The Judge states that two facts were established:

1)   The British police dogs detected the scent of human blood and also that consistent with a cadaver bring present.

2)   These dogs detected the smell of human blood in the car rented by the McCanns.

Oh noes! The judge has mentioned the dogs! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 29204Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 23 424625
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 23 Sep - 14:44

I like the conclusion. Gone with the wind the juicy "kidnapping threats".Irrelevant for the juge:

""ID dictates that MW will deliver the documents he has, relating to the internet threats.
VC criticises the selective choice of documents, with biased criteria.
SO observes the documents must be elements of proof in the remit defined for the process. He thinks they have nothing to do with it. This forum 3A doesn't exist anymore and what is the legitimacy of the documents? He wonders also who were the authors of those blogs.
The Judge concludes saying the documents can be delivered to the plaintiffs, but are irrelevant for the Court. She says the Court cannot bring to the process documents given by the witness to corroborate their own testimony. The plaintiffs can have access to the documents and use them as necessary.
Therefore the Court doesn't have to notify the witness to deliver the documents. The Court also does not accept that a witness testifies with assistance from a document (she refers to the "memory help" paper on feelings).
Evidence ends."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 23 Sep - 15:15

So - there was all that blathering and foaming at the mouth in the rags about these 'forum kidnap threats'.
But I didn't see any mention of them being ruled irrelevant by the judge in those same rags.
Lying by omission.

And that is why I haven't bought a paper in over six years.
Because it would be like paying a bunch of eunuchs in gimp suits to tell me lies every day.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 23 Sep - 15:39

I wonder if there will be any unbiased reporting here in the UK, especially the mention of the dogs' findings

I keep meaning to thank jeanmonroe as well for the excellent correspondence she submitted
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next