Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  chrissie Wed 28 Aug - 14:41

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 54s

Madeleine McCann's parents' libel case against Goncalo Amaral due to take place in Lisbon on September 12/13 & 19/20, court says #McCann
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Karen Wed 28 Aug - 15:57

chrissie wrote:Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 54s

Madeleine McCann's parents' libel case against Goncalo Amaral due to take place in Lisbon on September 12/13 & 19/20, court says #McCann
Yay!!  I will be there from the 17th to 26th I will try get to the court steps to give Lord and Lady McCann my tuppence worth!  was hoping for these dates!Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 307691
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 28 Aug - 16:27

https://twitter.com/JerryLawton
Jerry Lawton‏@JerryLawton1h
@ProfilerPatB @SarahJSymonds @NancyGraceHLN MetPolice in UK has spent 2yrs and £5m reviewing original investigation & launched own inquiry
Judy Truly‏@TrulyJudy732h
@JerryLawton Thank goodness. It will be good to get it over and done with. Good luck Kate & Gerry #McCann
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp292h
@TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton yes let's hope Gonc turns up for this one and doesn't get *cough* ill again #McCann
Details
Judy Truly‏@TrulyJudy731h
@PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Who knows with that horrid little creep of a man. He will slither out of it if he can #McCann
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
@TrulyJudy73 @PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Judy, obviously I don't know the guy personally but he could have backed down years ago. He didn't.
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@TrulyJudy73 Of course he will. He doesn't have a fat hairy leg to stand on ;-) #WretchedMan #McCann
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
@TrulyJudy73 @PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Wait and see what the lawyers and judges say, not the internet 'experts'. #mccann
Details
Christine Stewart‏@CsChristine661h
@JerryLawton #McCann --- Good luck Mr Amaral :)
Details
@PippaBrownp29 @TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton #McCann --- He would have had to prove that he was ill else he would have had to show
Details
Mumbles‏@Mumblingaway1h
@CsChristine66 @JerryLawton - I couldn't agree with you more. All the very best of luck Mr Amaral. May truth and justice prevail. :-)
Details
@PippaBrownp29 I don't think the little fat runt does either but who knows with Portuguese weird laws #McCann
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@TrulyJudy73 IMO #McCann's libel case strengthened by NSY investigation - goes against EVERYTHING Gonc has ever claimed happened that night.
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@CsChristine66 @TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton I genuinely hope he does turn up and doesn't come up with more excuses. #McCann
Details
Judy Truly‏@TrulyJudy7337m
@PippaBrownp29 Indeed it does and "HALLELUJAH" for that. Portugal will know the world is watching and waiting the outcome. #McCann
Details

Just a few 'comments'!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Wed 28 Aug - 16:33

Can't wait to see how Brunty and his cohorts relay the information from the courtroom. No restrictions on live proceedings.....
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 28 Aug - 16:37

I'm sure I read somewhere that they can give evidence via video link?
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Wed 28 Aug - 16:42

chrissie wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that they can give evidence via video link?
The last one was a PR fail for the Mc's

This one will be even worse.

Can't wait!  They can't GAG the Court proceedings.

Bring it on!
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 28 Aug - 16:45

wantthetruth wrote:
chrissie wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that they can give evidence via video link?

Bring it on!
Well it's not going to look good if they don't turn up. As you say, it will be interesting to see how it's reported!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 28 Aug - 17:04

chrissie wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

Bring it on!
Well it's not going to look good if they don't turn up.  As you say, it will be interesting to see how it's reported!
Dosen't matter how it's reported, they'd have to shut down the WWW. 'forever' to stop it 'coming' out!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Aug - 17:45

jeanmonroe wrote:https://twitter.com/JerryLawton
@ProfilerPatB @SarahJSymonds @NancyGraceHLN MetPolice in UK has spent 2yrs and £5m reviewing original investigation & launched own inquiry
@JerryLawton Thank goodness. It will be good to get it over and done with. Good luck Kate & Gerry #McCann
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp292h
@TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton yes let's hope Gonc turns up for this one and doesn't get *cough* ill again #McCann
Details
@PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Who knows with that horrid little creep of a man. He will slither out of it if he can #McCann
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
@TrulyJudy73 @PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Judy, obviously I don't know the guy personally but he could have backed down years ago. He didn't.
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@TrulyJudy73 Of course he will. He doesn't have a fat hairy leg to stand on ;-) #WretchedMan #McCann
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
@TrulyJudy73 @PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Wait and see what the lawyers and judges say, not the internet 'experts'. #mccann
Details
Details
@PippaBrownp29 @TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton #McCann --- He would have had to prove that he was ill else he would have had to show
Details
Mumbles‏@Mumblingaway1h
@CsChristine66 @JerryLawton - I couldn't agree with you more. All the very best of luck Mr Amaral. May truth and justice prevail. :-)
Details
@PippaBrownp29 I don't think the little fat runt does either but who knows with Portuguese weird laws #McCann
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@TrulyJudy73 IMO #McCann's libel case strengthened by NSY investigation - goes against EVERYTHING Gonc has ever claimed happened that night.
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@CsChristine66 @TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton I genuinely hope he does turn up and doesn't come up with more excuses. #McCann
Details
@PippaBrownp29 Indeed it does and "HALLELUJAH" for that. Portugal will know the world is watching and waiting the outcome. #McCann
Details

Just a few 'comments'!
Oh, the irony! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 28 Aug - 18:07

jeanmonroe wrote:https://twitter.com/JerryLawton
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp292h
Details
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
Details
Details
Details
Mumbles‏@Mumblingaway1h
Details
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
Details
Details

Just a few 'comments'!
IF only you had copied my responses to these ridiculous comments - I do not ike fighting but I am on the war path with these three - Judy Truly is the one that accused me of being against the McCanns "because you have a Portuguese husband" and abuses me daily.

I have put Nancy nicely in her place (well at least I hope my comments have) I spared NO thought and told her exactly the way it is and directed her to Gasper stamenets,...Conclusion of PJ Files etc etc - have also told Jerry to do his homework before he spews his lies on Nancy Grace tonight and directed him to same.
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 30 Aug - 10:43

wantthetruth wrote:Can't wait to see how Brunty and his cohorts relay the information from the courtroom.  No restrictions on live proceedings.....
i cant either - wonder where this will lead to re the review
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 31 Aug - 1:19

Karen wrote:

Yay!!  I will be there from the 17th to 26th I will try get to the court steps to give Lord and Lady McCann my tuppence worth!  was hoping for these dates!Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 307691
Will you make an 'ask the dogs' placard to hold up in protest :)
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 31 Aug - 2:46

Has Clarence Mitchell told us what we should be thinking lately; or is he now totally absorbed/preoccupied in his campaign in Brighton?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat 31 Aug - 16:31

Loopdaloop wrote:
Karen wrote:

Will you make an 'ask the dogs' placard to hold up in protest :)
That hun is a BRILLIANT idea, Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 294124 
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 2 Sep - 11:26

Palmeras16 wrote:
I have limited knowledge of Portuguese law but I would surmise that only the plaintiff can withdraw a case or request an adjournment while an out of court settlement is discussed.
And exactly who do you think is the PLAINTIFF in this case?

I'll give you a clue.

It starts with M and ends with N's.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 2 Sep - 11:48

jeanmonroe wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:
I have limited knowledge of Portuguese law but I would surmise that only the plaintiff can withdraw a case or request an adjournment while an out of court settlement is discussed.
And exactly who do you think is the PLAINTIFF in this case?

I'll give you a clue.

It starts with M and ends with N's.
Well said Jeanmonroe

The McCanns via their lawyer, have already asked Goncalo Amaral to settle out of court and they were given a big fat NO.

In my opinion, the only reason Dr Amaral would settle out of court, is if the stress had got to him.  If this happened, the McCanns would become more insufferable, than they already are and the British media would have a field day with this result. The McCanns have got more neck than giraffes, asking Dr Amaral, to settle out of court, in a lawsuit that they have unjustly took out against him. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 157799

Last edited by kathybelle on Tue 3 Sep - 1:12; edited 1 time in total
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Sep - 13:13

I'm holding my breath that nothing happens to stop this Trial going ahead:drama: 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 2 Sep - 13:40

Panda wrote:

I'm holding my breath that nothing happens to stop this Trial going ahead:drama: 
ME too!

But with all the 'information' that has emerged SINCE they 'filed' Mr Amaral's hand has been considerably strengthened, imo.
From bewks to interviews given by the McCanns, all archived, i think it's quite possible that the McCanns will withdraw from the 'trial'
There has been a LOT of 'new' revelations by them, even very recently.
eg: "we don't know what happened to Madeleine" (KM, Sky News, Boulton, May 2013) after telling the world, for six years, she HAD been 'abducted' by a paedo, because Kate KNEW instantly that is what had happened!

Adam Boulton: But... but your... you feeling is what on what you know as to... to her disappearance? What... what happened do you think?

Kate McCann: Well, we still don't know. All we know, she was, you know, she was taken from us, errm...
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Sep - 14:04

jeanmonroe wrote:
Panda wrote:

ME too!

But with all the 'information' that has emerged SINCE they 'filed' Mr Amaral's hand has been considerably strengthened, imo.
From bewks to interviews given by the McCanns, all archived, i think it's quite possible that the McCanns will withdraw from the 'trial'
eg: "we don't know what happened to Madeleine" (KM, Sky News, Boulton, May 2013) after telling the world, for six years, she HAD been 'abducted' by a paedo, because Kate KNEW instantly that is what had happened!
Oh yes jeanmonroe, I forgot that !!! LOL There is only one thing that will put a spanner in the works and that is if SY ask for the Trial to be postponed until these 38 persons of interest are eliminated. I don't think any Judge would allow this because the Portugese Police saw no reason to re-open the case and the Judge would take this into account. I don't know if it was here or in the Papers, but the Metropolitan Police is not all it's cracked up to be and they have been remiss in a few high profile cases. Redwood shows little restraint by talking to the Press and if it is fouind he has wasted a lot more
money he will be demoted. So will Theresa May for allowing it and Cameron will get clobbered by the Press for authorising this expenditure and ruin any chance he has of winning the Election.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 2 Sep - 14:06

Panda wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
Panda wrote:

ME too!

Oh yes jeanmonroe, I forgot that !!!  LOL  There is only one thing that will put a spanner in the works and that is if SY ask for the Trial to be postponed until these 38 persons of interest are eliminated.  I don't think any Judge would allow this because the Portugese Police saw no reason to re-open the case and the Judge would take this into account. I don't know if it was here or in the Papers, but the Metropolitan Police is not all it's cracked up to be and they have been remiss in a few high profile cases. Redwood shows little restraint by talking to the Press and if it is fouind he has wasted a lot more
money he will be demoted. So will Theresa May for allowing it and Cameron will get clobbered by the Press for authorising this expenditure and ruin any chance he has of winning the Election.
No Police Force has authority to ask the Court to postpone any case.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Sep - 14:18

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
Panda wrote:

ME too!

Oh yes jeanmonroe, I forgot that !!!  LOL  There is only one thing that will put a spanner in the works and that is if SY ask for the Trial to be postponed until these 38 persons of interest are eliminated.  I don't think any Judge would allow this because the Portugese Police saw no reason to re-open the case and the Judge would take this into account. I don't know if it was here or in the Papers, but the Metropolitan Police is not all it's cracked up to be and they have been remiss in a few high profile cases. Redwood shows little restraint by talking to the Press and if it is fouind he has wasted a lot more
GOOD.Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 307691 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 2 Sep - 14:22

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
Panda wrote:

ME too!

GOOD.Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 307691 
The court, however, has the authority to postpone cases ad eternum, almost.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Sep - 14:36

I'm sure this case will be too important Claudia for the Court to postpone and procedure be rehearsed several times. It really will be the Trial of the Century because of all the publicity and mystery surrounding it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 2 Sep - 14:40

Panda wrote:
I'm sure this case will be too important Claudia for the Court to postpone and procedure be rehearsed several times. It really will be the Trial of the Century because of all the publicity and mystery surrounding it.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Panda, but there have been several cases a lot more important than that one. And those have also been postponed time and time again. Anyone who knows how things work in Portugal, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Trial of the Century? Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 294124  Nope.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Sep - 15:05

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, Panda, but there have been several cases a lot more important than that one. And those have also been postponed time and time again. Anyone who knows how things work in Portugal, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Trial of the Century? Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 4 294124  Nope.
Madeleine is known around the World because her Parents have been interviewed by most European Countries and even Oprah Winfrey in America., so it will be of interest to many many people and I hope the Judiciary recognises this and makes sure there are no cancellations .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next