Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles

3 posters

Go down

3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles Empty 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles

Post  hermes333 Sat 19 Oct - 21:13

First we have Jane Moore, in 'The Sun', who wrote this piece on Wednesday, (16th October), & used the word 'ludicrous'.
A word that Lorraine Kelly used in her 12th October defence of Gerry & Kate. A word that Clarence Mitchell likes to use.
It is almost as if they all read from the same script. (It sounds like Jane is tired of the 'Case' now - and the way that she
mentions Gerry at the Leveson Inquiry, makes it appear that she & 'The Sun' are annoyed that he did not mention their help).

'The Sun' - Wednesday 16th October 2013

Jane Moore

If Maddie hunt fails let police move on

WHEN the Portuguese police named Kate and Gerry McCann as "arguidos" in the disappearance of their daughter, this column
immediately dismissed the accusation as ludicrous.  

To this day I have never wavered in my belief that they simply made a mistake in leaving their children alone and have paid
an unimaginably painful price for it ever since.

When she was first abducted this newspaper group gave a substantial donation to kickstart the "Find Madeleine' fund.

It was also hugely instrumental in applying pressure on the Government to reopen the inquiry into her disappearance.
I mention this soley for the purposes of context because little of this support was mentioned when Madeleine's father
Gerry - now a member of Hacked Off - gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry into the codes and practices of the media
The tabloids in particular were collectively painted as having overstepped the mark in the coverage of Madeleine's disappearance,
and perhaps some of them did.

But the fact remains that the McCanns have been given unprecedented media support in their continued search for their
daughter, support that the many parents of other missing children can only dream of.
 And the astonishing 7.2 million rating for Crimewatch shows that the public remains fascinated by this case too.

But the burning question is what happens next?

Don't get me wrong, if it was my daughter who was missing I would be following their example and doing everything in my
power to keep her in the public mindset. And if the e-fits - which aren't new and could describe hundreds of thousands of
men throughout Europe - lead somewhere and the poor McCanns find out exactly what happened to their daughter on
May 3rd 2007, then brilliant.

Sympathy

But, taking an objective stance, if this latest round of publicity does not lead anywhere, then it is time to draw a line and
channel already stretched police resources to other equally deserving cases?

In losing Madeleine, the McCanns - for whom I continue to have the utmost sympathy - have been hideously unlucky.
But set within the heart-breaking context of other desperate parents searching for a missing child, the national support
they continue to get makes them more fortunate than most.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And this next piece was written by Alison Phillips in the 'Daily Mirror' on Wednesday. I don't know if she is Fiona Phillips
sister, but they certainly look alike, & both believe what Gerry & Kate claim happened on May 3rd 2007.

'Daily Mirror' - Wednesday 16th October 2013

ALISON PHILLIPS

ONE SPLIT-SECOND, YEARS OF PAIN

There is a split-second in all our lives where if we had acted differently at that moment,  our stories would have been entirely different.
 But no sliding doors situation could have had quite such devastating consequences as it did for Kate McCann.   For now police believe she
missed saving Madeleine from the hands of her abductor by just moments. If only she'd walked back a little quicker to their apartment.
she must think. If only she'd left the table a minute earlier.

Kate's description on Crimewatch on Monday of the moment she realised her daughter was missing was harrowing to watch. There
are few parents who haven't endured the heart-stopping moment when you look around and can't see your child. But for those few
minutes of panic to stretch into a lifetime of loss is too horrific to imagine.

To relive those moments must be agonising for Kate McCann. She also knows her public appearance will have reignited
the conspiracy theorists and haters who have been so vile to the family in the intervening years.

Yes the parents made a terrible mistake by leaving their daughter alone that night, but by goodness they have paid for it. Let's hope
we are one step closer to finding out what happened back in that devastating moment back in 2007 for the sake of the McCann family.
But mostly for the sake of Madeleine.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

'The Sun' - Saturday October 19th

Lorraine Kelly

HOPE ON MADDIE

THERE has been an encouraging response to the latest appeal from Gerry and Kate McCann on the disappearance of their daughter.
Even if you discount the usual nutters and fruit loops, such a big response could mean one of the people who called the helpline may
hold the key to unlocking this tragedy.

Her parents have been astonishing in their dignity and tireless quest to find their beloved little girl.
 I hope with all my heart that one day they will be reunited with their child and they will appreciate how hard they fought to find her.
hermes333
hermes333

Number of posts : 21
Warning :
3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles Empty Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles

Post  jinvta Sat 19 Oct - 21:26

"If only she'd walked back a little quicker to their apartment she must think. If only she'd left the table a minute earlier."

Yes, this is exactly what the McCanns claim to be thinking! Not what they should in fact be thinking -

"If only one of us had stayed in that night."
"If only we had used the night creche."
"If only we had not been so cheap and paid for a child minder."
"If only we had put the children's safety before our own pleasure."

I can think of many more appropriate "what ifs" but they McCanns don't think that way. It was their holiday too.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles Empty Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles

Post  chrissie1 Sat 19 Oct - 21:43

Her parents have been astonishing in their dignity and tireless quest to find their beloved little girl.
I hope with all my heart that one day they will be reunited with their child and they will appreciate how hard they fought to find her.
In the paper copy of the sun LK says ihope withall of my heart that one day they will be reunited with their child and that SHE will appreciate how hard they fought to find her
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 19 Oct - 21:46

Even if you discount the usual nutters and fruit loops, such a big response could mean one of the people who called the helpline may hold the key to unlocking this tragedy.
That's right, both the witness himself, and loads of people phoning in, all say it looks like Gerry McCann. That seems like quite a good "key" to me. And they're all ignoring the usual nutters and fruit loops that write total shite in rags like the Sun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Sat 19 Oct - 21:53

Iris wrote:
Even if you discount the usual nutters and fruit loops, such a big response could mean one of the people who called the helpline may hold the key to unlocking this tragedy.
That's right, both the witness himself, and loads of people phoning in, all say it looks like Gerry McCann.  That seems like quite a good "key" to me.  And they're all ignoring the usual nutters and fruit loops that write total shite in rags like the Sun.
3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles 23324  3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles 23324  3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Articles 23324 
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum