Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail

+8
kitti
widowan
comperedna
wjk
T4two
malena stool
Lioned
mossman
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Empty McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail

Post  Panda Wed 20 Nov - 15:36

McCanns demand Portuguese police interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail

CatrionaBaker

CatrionaBaker

Last updated at 13:28 04 November 2007

Kate and Gerry McCann have demanded that Portuguese police interview 25 witnesses they believe hold the key to solving the mystery of their daughter's disappearance.

The couple's lawyer, Michael Caplan QC, has submitted the list of names to the Portuguese authorities along with a 'petition' for the defence team to be given access to the case file against them.

Mr Caplan is taking advantage of the rights that people are afforded as arguidos, or formal suspects, to demand information and action from the police.

A friend close to the family confirmed that the witnesses the McCanns wish to be interviewed include employees at the Ocean Club resort where the family had been staying in Praia da Luz, including nannies who were working in the club's creche.

Among those said to be on the list is Catriona Baker, the nanny assigned by holiday firm Mark Warner to look after Maddie.

News of the submissions by Mr Caplan came as Mr and Mrs McCann were formally told by British police liaison officers that the Portuguese police were 'reviewing' the case against them.

However, after talks with Leicestershire Police on Friday, Madeleine's parents have privately expressed their confidence that they will not now be charged.

They have even considered what role they could take in the police investigation if their arguido status is dropped.

The McCanns are loathe to lose any input and have considered becoming 'prosecutor's assistants'.

So even that far back they knew about "prosecutor's assistants.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Empty Re: McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail

Post  LJC Wed 20 Nov - 16:31

So, they got more input as arguido's. So, why make a fuss about it?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Empty Re: McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail

Post  mossman Wed 20 Nov - 16:42

I have read, but cannot remember where, they can be both arguidos and assistentes. I have also read they applied for that status last time but were refused. Of course they would not publicise that.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Nov - 18:19

Did they have to get Caplan the most expensive Lawyer around? and what was so important about these 25 witnesses? For a couple who by their own negligence caused their daughter to disappear without a trace, were broke but managed to set up a Fund in 12 days (how did they know Madeleine would not be found in the interim?) , became Celebrities overnight , met the rich and famous, has had 3 Prime Ministers personally doing all they can to help, it really is an incredible feat and never been known before.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Wed 20 Nov - 18:45

Do you reckon the McCanns are 'demanding' the police interview Catriona Baker because they know the police are going to do just that? Me myself and I sitting here at the PC, want to police to interview Ms Baker and even more to quiz Charlotte Pennington. It has been suggested that the latter young woman could have been employed to babysit the lot of them, all the children together (mildly sedated, natch) and that she may have even been brought along as night 'nanny' for the purpose, rather than being a direct employee of the Ocean Club. That might explain why there was no evidence from toys, to clothes, to fingerprints, to dribble and mess, of children even having been in 5A. No time for clean up required!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Nov - 19:05

comperedna wrote:Do you reckon the McCanns are 'demanding' the police interview Catriona Baker because they know the police are going to do just that? Me myself and I sitting here at the PC, want to police to interview Ms Baker and even more to quiz Charlotte Pennington. It has been suggested that the latter young woman could have been employed to babysit the lot of them, all the children together (mildly sedated, natch) and that she may have even been brought along as night 'nanny' for the purpose, rather than being a direct employee of the Ocean Club. That might explain why there was no evidence from toys, to clothes, to fingerprints, to dribble and mess, of children even having been in 5A. No time for clean up required!
Hi comparedna...are you feeling better, I got drenched going to the Doctors this morning, she gave me another 7 days supply of Amoxycillin and steroids, so here's hoping.

The all in one room theory I don't buy. too much effort for the sake of saving money. We know Jane Tanner's daughter was sick and warranted Russell's attention and would probably have woken all the children with her crying.Three McCann cots, 2 O'Brien cots, plus the Mappilly children is just too much to go into a two bedroom Apartment. It IS POSSIBLE THAT MADELEINE WAS ABDUCTED. My Son suggested an OC Employee who knew the McCanns left the Patio door unlocked every night could have carried Madeleine to the front door and opened it , gave Madeleine to an accomplice in a waiting car , job done.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 20 Nov - 21:15

Panda wrote: It IS POSSIBLE THAT MADELEINE WAS ABDUCTED.
BUT what about the dogs??
IMO if Eddie alerted in that apartment, there was a cadaver there.
Who died in there?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 20 Nov - 21:36

Panda wrote:It IS POSSIBLE THAT MADELEINE WAS ABDUCTED. My Son suggested an OC Employee who knew the McCanns left the Patio door unlocked every night could have carried Madeleine to the front door and opened it , gave Madeleine to an accomplice in a waiting car , job done.
With what motive? Exactly?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 20 Nov - 21:38

I haven't read all of this thread. I only got as far as "McCanns demand" and then I switched right off. I bet I'm not the only one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 20 Nov - 21:51

looik if I was paying all that money for the best solicitiors I would want the best advice.  that's what I would do and I would get it and I would make the best use of it.   but I wouldn't be suing anyone and I would pay for it myself, but then I wouldn't need to because I never left any kids without appropriate adult supervision if that's whats the McCs did.  still not entirely sure about all that.

Last edited by tanszi on Wed 20 Nov - 21:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing sentence)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 20 Nov - 22:11

The McCanns DEMAND lots of things, yet when others simply ASK, Kate refuses to answer... Strange or what?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 20 Nov - 22:21

This is a very old article.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 20 Nov - 22:30

So it is... I saw Nov 14 and missed 2007 altogether.. Duuuur
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 20 Nov - 22:31

Although it was a sign of what was to come......
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 20 Nov - 22:35

Well it just goes to show how far we've actually come in 7 years :(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 20 Nov - 22:53

Yes it certainly does Iris... About £4 million or more donated, no one will ever know for sure, even the pensioners and children who willingly gave their pittance... Mortgage paid off, new wheels, thousands of air miles, very nearly a private audience with the Pope only he saw sense at the last minute... Oh and a £5 million investigation, which no other family of missing children has ever received....

Can't be bad... all they had to do was nip out for freebies every night of the week....,.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 21 Nov - 0:11

Of course the Mcs demanded in November 2007 that Baker be questioned - she'd already visited Rothley and learned her lines by then, after having been conveniently spirited out of Pdl by MW and 'hidden' away by the Mcs for some time to avoid police questioning .... but what is the reason behind bringing this up again 6 years later?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 21 Nov - 2:17

T4two wrote:Of course the Mcs demanded in November 2007 that Baker be questioned - she'd already visited Rothley and learned her lines by then, after having been conveniently spirited out of Pdl by MW and 'hidden' away by the Mcs for some time to avoid police questioning .... but what is the reason behind bringing this up again 6 years later?
they didn't. the article is old. they are not re demanding that this nanny be interviewed, are they?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 21 Nov - 3:33

wjk wrote:
Who died in there?
Is the evidence enough wjk to prove Madeleine's blood spots were on the Wall and in the Wardrobe? We are told that it was a previous resident shaving that caused the spots and the Wardrobe was used by all the Family and residue could have belonged to any one of them. I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, dont forget , abduction was one of the 4 theories the Final Report produced
and the McCann Lawyers will use this .

Aw wjk I know your'e not well and here's me pouring cold water on our beliefs, it has nothing to do with me getting drenched when the Heavens opened while I was was on my way to the Doctors this morning, McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail 23324  another dose of Steroids and Antibiotics.prescribed. 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 21 Nov - 6:42

widowan wrote:
T4two wrote:Of course the Mcs demanded in November 2007 that Baker be questioned - she'd already visited Rothley and learned her lines by then, after having been conveniently spirited out of Pdl by MW and 'hidden' away by the Mcs for some time to avoid police questioning .... but what is the reason behind bringing this up again 6 years later?
they didn't. the article is old. they are not re demanding that this nanny be interviewed, are they?

They did - but way back in 2007. My question is directed at the OP. Why bring this up now?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 21 Nov - 9:24

You do realise that Kate used to work with Catriona Baker's mother at the Starship children's hospital in Auckland. Too many coincidences in this case for my liking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 21 Nov - 9:30

Iris wrote:
You do realise that Kate used to work with Catriona Baker's mother at the Starship children's hospital in Auckland.  Too many coincidences in this case for my liking.
Thanks, I do know about that. I was just wondering why an article which appeared 6 years ago has been dug out and presented as if it were a new revelation.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 21 Nov - 14:13

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:
Who died in there?
Is the evidence enough wjk to prove Madeleine's blood spots were on the Wall and in the Wardrobe? We are told that it was a previous resident shaving that  caused the spots and the Wardrobe was used by all the Family and residue could have belonged to any one of them.  I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, dont forget , abduction was one of the 4 theories the Final Report produced
and the McCann Lawyers will use this .

Aw wjk I know your'e not well and here's me pouring cold water on our beliefs, it has nothing to do with me getting drenched when the Heavens opened while I was was on my way to the Doctors this morning, McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail 23324  another dose of Steroids and Antibiotics.prescribed. 
Afternoon Panda, cough, cough. :(
Yes, but Eddie was a cadaver dog so why would he alert to 'dead body' scent in all those places if there wasn't a dead body in there at some point? Or at least things to clean up/carry a dead body in (blue sports bag). I get that Keela may alert to 'someone else's' blood, but not Eddie, as there had never been anyone dead in there before, and if Eddie alerted and then Keela alerted after, in the same places, what would that suggest. To me, it suggests someone bled and died in that apartment.
ps Hope this lot of tablets work McCanns demand Portugese interview 25 key witnesses Daily Mail Icon_flower 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Thu 21 Nov - 14:41

Panda it annoys me that farmers are allowed to give broad spectrum antibiotics to chickens pigs and sheep more or less as and when the choose, but if you have a baby coughing up the green stuff for weeks ie not merely viral, or you yourself, having already had Amoxyciliin and steroids they can't give one to you!

It's not those in genuine need of antibiotics that are the problem for drug resistance it is their misuse in farming for 'growth' purposes and their being dished out by a few docs for souped up colds and other viral illnesses. Worst of all are the patients who get them for genuine bacterial infections, and do not finish the course, thus allowing some resistant bugs to escape. I also blame medics for shortening some antibiotic courses to five days in the UK, claiming that is all that is necessary, when most countries say you need seven days to be sure to kill off the last of the bugs.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Nov - 14:43

All the Nannies said Madeleine was SHY and QUITE.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next