Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial

+18
Annabel
AnnaEsse
Panda
mara thon
malena stool
Chris
interested
duncanmac
jeanmonroe
Carolina
Claudia79
wjk
fred
cass
weissnicht
chrissie
Lioned
the slave
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial Empty Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 3 Jan - 11:28

Just picked up on Twitter. A few others have said the same, but now that Martin Brunt has said it, I think it's true!

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 9m
#madeleine Kate and Gerry McCann refused permission to give evidence next week in Lisbon libel trial over ex-cop Goncalo Amaral'sbook.

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 9m
#madeleine McCann's lawyer will appeal the judge's decision. The hearing is expected to finish on Tuesday.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial Empty Re: Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial

Post  Lioned Fri 3 Jan - 11:42

Seems odd they would be refused permission as it was they who bought the case.Find it hard to believe any unbiased judge wouldn't let them have their say.
Would like to see the reasons why ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial Empty Re: Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial

Post  almostgothic Fri 3 Jan - 12:20

I would have liked them to take the stand because a wise judge would have seen right through them in minutes.
It would have avoided all those 'pity us', 'it's so unfair', Portuguese-smearing headlines we're probably now going to get.

However, having had to endure the vacuous, emotional ramblings of their unintentionally hilarious witnesses, I guess the good lady had had enough thank you very much. And decided to put this pointless, vindictive trial out of its misery.

Just as well I suppose. There aren't enough hankies and onions in Lisbon to facilitate the histrionic displays that a 'thumbs up' would have engendered.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 3 Jan - 12:33

Do we know if Gonc has been refused as well ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Fri 3 Jan - 12:58

GONC???? Have you no respect? His name is Dr. Goncalo Amaral.
Gonc????? GONC?????
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 3 Jan - 13:17

Thats a bit harsh. I am sure he is more concerned about winning his case than what he is called !
The question remains.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 3 Jan - 13:31

fgs if this is true watch the pity party for months to come
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Jan - 13:44

I hope it's not true. I want to see them banging the final nails into their own coffins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 3 Jan - 13:52

only one good thing if it is true - is that the judge has thought about what affect it could have if the mcanns ever had to go to trial - ok we keep going on that this isnt law but what they say might affect a trial wouldnt it ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 3 Jan - 13:54

It was said that the Mccanns wanted to read a statement from the stand but, not be cross examined. So I'm glad they haven't got their own way again.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 3 Jan - 14:00

fred wrote:It was said that the Mccanns wanted to read a statement from the stand but, not be cross examined.  So I'm glad they haven't got their own way again.

That's what I understood fred. I think the judge concluded that it would add nothing to the case.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 3 Jan - 14:05

chrissie wrote:
fred wrote:It was said that the Mccanns wanted to read a statement from the stand but, not be cross examined.  So I'm glad they haven't got their own way again.

That's what I understood fred.  I think the judge concluded that it would add nothing to the case.

I think they just wanted positive reporting from the British media, about how awful their lives have been and not asked any 'awkward' questions about what really happened that night.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 3 Jan - 14:16

The mccanns will never want to be cross examined in a court room.I imagine their original 'application' to appear was pink spin.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 3 Jan - 14:21

Those two would never voluntarily go into a witness box.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 3 Jan - 14:22

cant do links but there is a link to the express already on jh forum - at least expess have printed missing and that all ga has said are from the files  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial 25346 
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Fri 3 Jan - 14:23

Yes, they wanted a play..for themself, by themself.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/451814/Madeleine-McCann-parents-cannot-give-evidence-at-detective-s-libel-trial-judge-rules?utm_source=daily-express-uk-news&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed%29
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 3 Jan - 14:23

Lioned wrote:Thats a bit harsh. I am sure he is more concerned about winning his case than what he is called !
The question remains.

He has been refused too

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/451814/Madeleine-McCann-parents-cannot-give-evidence-at-detective-s-libel-trial-judge-rules
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 3 Jan - 14:24

They've made their statement, it's their application to the court for damages from Dr Amaral. If they want to take the stand, they should make themselves available for questioning. The court is not a stage for their grandstanding.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Fri 3 Jan - 14:42

AnnaEsse wrote:

They've made their statement, it's their application to the court for damages from Dr Amaral. If they want to take the stand, they should make themselves available for questioning. The court is not a stage for their grandstanding.

"The court is not a stage for their grandstanding."

Spot on  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial 944533 
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 3 Jan - 15:00

This morning I saw a tweet which said that KM was going to an Everton match tomorrow for Missing People.

The thought did cross my mind at that moment that they might have been turned down, because if they had been allowed to speak she would probably have spent Saturday practising in the mirror and giving it some serious boo-hooing.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 3 Jan - 15:01

and packing not forgetting getting time off work - and child care
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Jan - 15:08

chrissie wrote:
Lioned wrote:Thats a bit harsh. I am sure he is more concerned about winning his case than what he is called !
The question remains.

He has been refused too

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/451814/Madeleine-McCann-parents-cannot-give-evidence-at-detective-s-libel-trial-judge-rules

Still peddling the "disgraced detective" nonsense, I see.  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial 371436 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 3 Jan - 15:09

almostgothic wrote:This morning I saw a tweet which said that KM was going to an Everton match tomorrow for Missing People.

The thought did cross my mind at that moment that they might have been turned down, because if they had been allowed to speak she would probably have spent Saturday practising in the mirror and giving it some serious boo-hooing.

Yes, I saw that on Facebook, it said she will 'Formally attend' FFS!!! They are turning her into the bloody Queen.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 3 Jan - 15:20

wonder how many of our uk press will report on the trial ? only if it goes the mcanns way eh
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 3 Jan - 15:39

cass wrote:wonder how many of our uk press will report on the trial ? only if it goes the mcanns way eh

God yes!! If Amaral loses it will be a total bunfight, the disgraced cop mob will be in the firing line and we'll be swamped. If the Mccanns lose, it will be a couple of paragraphs of "How much more agony, can the poor Mccanns take"
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next