Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday

+8
jassi
cass
pennylane
fred
Panda
Krisy22
Claudia79
jinvta
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday Empty Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday

Post  MaryB Sun 5 Jan - 21:09

I was wondering if things would be any clearer after Tuesday.  Or will we have to wait a bit longer.  I was also thinking how it could be proved or disproved the book harmed the search.  Surely only an investigator would be able to answer that question. And it is not really a measurable thing.  If law is meant to be based on fact.   Not sure if any policemen were called to give evidence.  It will be interesting to see how things go.  Sometimes I think will we ever be any the wiser in this sad case.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday Empty Re: Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday

Post  Krisy22 Sun 5 Jan - 22:12

Hope I am being pessimistic Mary B but I have an awful feeling the case will be adjourned once again. Think this could go on for years at this rate.  Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday 294124 
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday Empty Re: Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday

Post  Panda Sun 5 Jan - 22:30

Now don't frighten me krisy22.......I don't think I could stand a delay. Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday 294124 

I think Amaral can definitely prove his Book did not affect the search, look how many "sightings" we have read about since it was published. That Madeleine died in 5a, although one of the theories in the PJ Report obviously cannot be proved .....all we can hope for is the Judge takes the broad view. .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 5 Jan - 23:19

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday 294124 Panda xx I have no doubt at all regarding Gonçalo Amaral fighting his corner for the truth....will be pleasantly surprised if all goes ahead though ...with out a hiccup from the other parties involved.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 5 Jan - 23:35

The case is definitely expected to end on Tuesday, with the judge's decision due by the end of the month.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 5 Jan - 23:45

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The case is definitely expected to end on Tuesday, with the judge's decision due by the end of the month.

End of the Month???? The wheels of justice grind very slowly in Portugal NBY. There were only a few Witness Statements to ponder over, the Plaintiff and Defence did not make a Statement , one presumes the Judge has had plenty of time to reach a decision , yet it takes another 3 weeks.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 6 Jan - 0:38

No matter what the verdict is, there will be appeals.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 6 Jan - 1:14

But appeals can be denied, as was the case with the McCanns appeal after the book ban was overturned. I expect Amaral to win and the McCanns to appeal, but the appeal to be denied because there will be no basis for the appeal. The McCanns have not proven their case that Amaral's book has caused them distress, nor that the book has harmed the search.

The McCanns did not even bother to see professional psychiatrists or psychologists which would have been required to claim any type of emotional distress. As for the "search," it is too broadly defined to actually prove that a single book caused harm to the search. If fact, I would say that Kate herself harmed the search more than the book.

It really is quite tacky and downright offensive that Trish Cameron claimed that the McCanns anguish was increased "100 times" upon the publishing of the book. Now how could the publishing of a book be 100 times more distressing than the loss of your own daughter? Only if you were in fact more concerned about your freedom and reputation than finding your missing daughter whom you were responsible for losing.

In the US, this would be considered a frivolous lawsuit and probably would have been thrown out. I understand why the Portuguese took on the case, however, given the negative publicity surrounding Madeleine's disappearance. I do have faith that justice will prevail in this instance.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 6 Jan - 1:32

Supreme Court turns down McCanns' request

Kate and Gerry McCann wanted the Supreme Court of Justice to nullify a decision by the Appeals Court that allowed for the book by Gonçalo Amaral, ‘The Truth of the Lie’, to be distributed. Nonetheless, the judges have refused the request.

The Supreme Court judges refused the request for an “exceptional review” of the Appeals Court’s decision, which overturned the injunction that had been filed by Kate and Gerry McCann.

18 March 2011
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 6 Jan - 1:38

jeanmonroe wrote:Supreme Court turns down McCanns' request

Kate and Gerry McCann wanted the Supreme Court of Justice to nullify a decision by the Appeals Court that allowed for the book by Gonçalo Amaral, ‘The Truth of the Lie’, to be distributed. Nonetheless, the judges have refused the request.

The Supreme Court judges refused the request for an “exceptional review” of the Appeals Court’s decision, which overturned the injunction that had been filed by Kate and Gerry McCann.

18 March 2011

That appeal was denied because it was over an injunction. And only the last appeal (Supreme Court) was denied. This is a civil case and there will be appeals.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 6 Jan - 10:08

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The case is definitely expected to end on Tuesday, with the judge's decision due by the end of the month.

Do hope so ...wish I had faith in the expected in this case. xx
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 6 Jan - 10:16

Krisy22 wrote:

Do hope so ...wish I had faith in the expected in this case. xx

I'm saying nothing Krisy22...... Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 6 Jan - 10:26

i think while the case is opened in portugal it will be postponed
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 6 Jan - 10:58

cass wrote:i think while the case  is opened in portugal it will be postponed

I really don't think so cass, as the effect of Dr Amaral's book on 'the search,' has no bearing on the investigation.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Jan - 11:54

The fact that the PJ have reopened the case and SY are 'searching' makes a mockery off the libel case.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 6 Jan - 12:01

kitti wrote:The fact that the PJ have reopened the case and SY are 'searching' makes a mockery off the libel case.

In a nutshell!  Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday 944533 and the fact that the infamous pair are often seen laughing, holidaying, biking, and running marathons galore, makes the pursuit of Dr Amaral even more absurd!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 6 Jan - 13:02

I've got mixed feelings about what will happen. I'm not sure! But how can the book have harmed the search when such an amount of money is being spent on this case even after all this time. In what way harmed the search. Can't really think of any. But I think there will be appeals counter appeals delays postponements and so on before anything is settled.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Jan - 14:03

I don't think when the mccanns lose they will appeal.

It will be throwing money down the drain and they haven't much left.

They may be advised by duarte, who is getting paid vast amounts off money from the 'fund', to appeal, but I don't think Kate mccann can go through more off this running on endlessly for a couple more years, someone will probably state she is to 'fragile'.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 6 Jan - 14:16

kitti wrote:I don't think when the mccanns lose they will appeal.

They may be advised by duarte, who is getting paid vast amounts off money from the 'fund', to appeal, but I  don't think Kate mccann can go through more off this running on endlessly for a couple more years, someone will probably state she is to 'fragile'.

I'm surprised Duarte encouraged them to go to Portugal in the first place .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 6 Jan - 15:02

Panda wrote:

They may be advised by duarte, who is getting paid vast amounts off money from the 'fund', to appeal, but I  don't think Kate mccann can go through more off this running on endlessly for a couple more years, someone will probably state she is to 'fragile'.

They tried to settle out of court, lest we forget, so they knew they were heading for trouble re the Libel trial. They got their lying, egotistical backsides firmly wedged between a rock and a hard place on this one.     Sweet!    Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday 25346

I agree with Kitti, they are desperate to extricate themselves for the reasons stated, and also so that DCI Redwood and team can finish cleaning up their mess and rewriting history unhindered.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 6 Jan - 15:34

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

They tried to settle out of court, lest we forget, so they knew they were heading for trouble re the Libel trial. They got their lying, egotistical backsides firmly wedged between a rock and a hard place on this one.     Sweet!    Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday 25346

I agree with Kitti, they are desperate to extricate themselves for the reasons stated, and also so that DCI Redwood and team can finish cleaning up their mess and rewriting history unhindered.

Pennylane, I'm not so sure SY can finish off this case......Redwood is coming across as the Village idiot and the Press are aware of this. The McCanns must be concerned about just what information OPORTO has which prompted the re-opening of the case. OPORTO consists of 4 Policemen , incommunicado to the rest of the World, unlike Redwood, who must be p***ed off that he is kept in the dark. Serves him right , he showed he was biased in favour of the McCanns from day 1..."we feel Madeleine is alive"??
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 6 Jan - 16:13

I fear we may see the tentacles of corruption cross the European Union.Its happened before,no reason to see that has changed any,particularly with Andy playing the fool.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 6 Jan - 21:56

I take it that the McCanns will not be there in Portugal tomorrow. But I expect Mr Amaral will be.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 6 Jan - 23:43

MaryB wrote:I take it that the McCanns will not be there in Portugal tomorrow.  But I expect Mr Amaral will be.

Internet rumours about that the case is once again postponed, but the article has todays date and is a rehash of the last time it was postponed (due to hospital visit)
Although NEW rumours are that is has been postponed because of 3 days of mourning for Eusebio. But the school, banks, transports etc haven't been affected today (the day of the funeral) so who knows what is true?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 7 Jan - 11:37

Well it looks as if we won't be any the wiser after Tuesday. In fact I for one am even more confused than ever. Why is the trial postponed? Not because of the death of a footballer. I didn't really believe that one. But stranger things have happened. The media isn't reporting it. So that tells us something.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next