Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday

+8
jassi
cass
pennylane
fred
Panda
Krisy22
Claudia79
jinvta
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday

Post  pennylane Tue 7 Jan - 15:45

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:I don't think when the mccanns lose they will appeal.

It will be throwing money down the drain and they haven't much left.

They may be advised by duarte, who is getting paid vast amounts off money from the 'fund', to appeal, but I  don't think Kate mccann can go through more off this running on endlessly for a couple more years, someone will probably state she is to 'fragile'.

I'm surprised Duarte encouraged them to go to Portugal in the first place .

They tried to settle out of court, lest we forget, so they knew they were heading for trouble re the Libel trial. They got their lying, egotistical backsides firmly wedged between a rock and a hard place on this one.     Sweet!    Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday - Page 2 25346

I agree with Kitti, they are desperate to extricate themselves for the reasons stated, and also so that DCI Redwood and team can finish cleaning up their mess and rewriting history unhindered.

Pennylane, I'm not so sure SY can finish off this case......Redwood is coming across as the Village idiot and the Press are aware of this. The McCanns must be concerned about just what information OPORTO has which prompted the re-opening of the case. OPORTO consists of 4 Policemen , incommunicado to the rest of the World, unlike Redwood, who must be p***ed off that he is kept in the dark. Serves him right , he showed he was biased in favour of the McCanns from day 1..."we feel Madeleine is alive"??

I totally agree with you, Panda.  

I'm sure SY/HO are aware this case is impossible to 'finish off.' The intention (imo) is to chip away at the glaring red flags that point directly to the McCanns culpability and reroute them away.  A bag of worms for the beleaguered Redwood unless he totally butchers their version of events! No matter what angle he tries, he will come off looking inept or corrupt. There are far to many dodgy elements within the McC/tapasniks version of events to ignore or brush under the carpet.  The elephant remains firmly in the middle of the room, and it ain't budging.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday

Post  MaryB Fri 10 Jan - 10:09

We were not any the wiser after Tuesday. Will we be any the wiser after Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if the case is postponed yet again. If we even hear anything at all that is.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will we be any the wiser after Tuesday - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 10 Jan - 10:16

cass wrote:i think while the case  is opened in portugal it will be postponed
bumped this because i think it will be postponed again - ok i know its civil case - but what if the mcanns win and down the line ga is right - how can this case go ahead until there is a guilty party in jail
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Fri 10 Jan - 11:15

cass wrote:
cass wrote:i think while the case  is opened in portugal it will be postponed
bumped this because i think it will be postponed again - ok i know its civil case - but what if the mcanns win and down the line ga is right - how can this case go ahead until there is a guilty party in jail

Jeffrey Archer won a libel case and then was subsequently shown to have lied and went to prison for it.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 10 Jan - 12:49

BUT GA hasn't stalled on anything, has he?

It was, in FACT, the McCanns own lawyer ID that asked for a postponement last Tuesday 7th January 2014.

"Afterwards, Dr Isabel Duarte (McCanns lawyer) filed a document that is related to Mr Alan Pike, and (she) ASKED for a POSTPONEMENT of Tuesday's session."

Maybe Mr Pike would like a few 'inconsistancies' in his document to be 'reviewed' and 'corrected'?

He was under oath, after all.

So ask yourselves, WHO is doing the 'stalling' if that is what is going on?

And it dosen't begin with G!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 10 Jan - 14:24

The mccanns are trying to 'strangle' mr amaral, mentally.

I have never come across a more vindictive pair like these two.

'strangle' him financially and mentally, try to break him and if that doesn't work, make him suffer, slowly, till the very end.

The fact that it is not only he they are doing it to but his family too makes this case even worse.

Its the mccanns fault Madeleine is gone yet make Mr Amaral suffer for it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 10 Jan - 14:37

I think it's very bad that we are not told a single thing about this court case in the UK press. Not a word. Why?
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 10 Jan - 14:50

I would suspect/hope that when it is concluded it will be reported on.If the mccanns win it will be "Innocent parents vindicated" sprawled accross the red tops.If Amarel wins it will be a couple of lines on page 5.
Other than that until something juicy happens its not really interesting enough to sell papers,so i wouldnt read too much more into it.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 10 Jan - 16:28

How much have we heard on the Meredith Kercher trial.......zilch.

It's over now and they are out to decide.

The prosecutor wants Knox to get 30 years.

Merediths father says Knox is guilty so does the innocent barman but who knows ....money buys a good lawyer which can get murderers off.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 10 Jan - 16:29

You can bet your bottom dollar that if Knox had attended the press would off gone into overdrive.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2