Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

+39
tanszi
Chris
chrissie1
jassi
MaryB
chrissie
Roasted Arizona
AnnaEsse
dazedandconfused
kitti
Lioned
widowan
jinvta
wantthetruth
pennylane
mara thon
Panda
comperedna
weissnicht
Angelina
mossman
margaret
cass
midnight
Karen
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
malena stool
jejune
almostgothic
Smudge
SteveT
Wintabells
the slave
jay2001
quickfingers
princess_leia
Freja53
fred
43 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 Empty Re: Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

Post  margaret Thu 16 Jan - 21:04

If he'd wandered off and was ok he'd be found by now surely?

Before the Mccanns l took everything at face value too slave.

Btw, a sky reporter said the police had asked people not to search as it was dark! now where have we heard that and look at the consequences.

(It was Gerard tubb at sky) "@TubbSky: Police asking volunteers not not to go out tonight because it's dark. Tells them there's no new info"
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 Empty Re: Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

Post  widowan Thu 16 Jan - 21:20

This breaks my heart and I agree with Kitti no 3 year old child is wandering the street alone and not noticed. Even a CAT Burglar who was out and about and saw that would likely help him!

I read once that the best thing you could carry if you are in dodgy neighborhood, is a bundle wrapped like a baby - the worst criminals will avert their eyes and pass by a woman with a child or a heavily pregnant woman and I think that is sort of biologically ingrained.

They aren't thinking this little boy went to the DOCKS in his night rambling - also, I have heard of children who get out of the house and go walk about and they rarely bundle themselves up in boots, scarf, hat, coat etc - that is nonsense. They will walk out in a diaper and t shirt into the snow at some age, at 3 possibly not, but putting on gear seems to indicate some planning and awareness of weather etc and 3 year olds aren't very good at that. My sister's kids would run outside in shirt sleeves into the snow if they were let. A child who goes to daycare or who has been trained to get shoes and coat on before you go out might try - but a scarf? Might as well say he took an umbrella, and a net bag for the shopping, I don't believe it.

I hope he didn't fall into the water or hide somewhere he couldn't get out of. I think they will find family involved.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Jan - 23:33

margaret wrote:If he'd wandered off and was ok he'd be found by now surely?

Btw, a sky reporter said the police had asked people not to search as it was dark! now where have we heard that and look at the consequences.

(It was Gerard tubb at sky) "@TubbSky: Police asking volunteers not not to go out tonight because it's dark. Tells them there's no new info"

Margaret, Sky have got this badly wrong.  My nephew is a black cab driver in Edinburgh and a whole load of the cabbies have just gone up to West Pilton where the police have set up a centre for people to volunteer.  They are arranging for searches throughout the night, with both bobbies and volunteers.

ETA I am on the other side of the country on the W coast of Scotland but it's blooming freezing here tonight, so I should imagine it's the same on the East coast. I hope they find the poor wee lamb, and quickly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Fri 17 Jan - 0:52

When I saw that the child´s father was of Pakistani origin I assumed, probably wrongly, that he would be Muslim. 3 years of age is when Muslim fathers take over the "upbringing" of male children, the mother has virtually no say as to the child´s upbringing then. As we know, sons are far more important to Muslim men than daughters, so I suppose it is possible that the father, most likely with help from male relatives has taken the child. Whatever the case, I hope they find the little boy safe.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Jan - 1:01

mara thon wrote:When I saw that the child´s father was of Pakistani origin I assumed, probably wrongly, that he would be Muslim.  3 years of age is when Muslim fathers take over the "upbringing" of male children, the mother has virtually no say as to the child´s upbringing then.  As we know, sons are far more important to Muslim men than daughters, so I suppose it is possible that the father, most likely with help from male relatives has taken the child.  Whatever the case, I hope they find the little boy safe.
Mara, at first I thought that too.  But sadly it's looking less and less likely.  The police have now closed off Marine Drive in Muirhouse and they have a helicopter patrolling up and down it.  For those who are not familiar with Edinburgh, there's quite a lot of overgrown woodland up there. It's only about a mile away from Drylaw.  It's also quite near the docks and part of that street is like an industrial estate with big corporate buildings.  Lots of places that would be scary for a small child, or a grown adult at night for that matter.  And thet is where they have search parties out, dogs, the search helicopter and mounted policemen too.  They must have a reason to want to concentrate on that area, and none of it looks good. Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 36898
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Jan - 7:47

No evidence off abduction....so how did he leave through the door which he needs to press a button and pull the heavy glass open at the same time...on his own?

Off course, if he did, and it's possible , then why couldn't Madeleine leave through the unlocked sliding patio doors?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 17 Jan - 8:04

So sad Mikaeel hasn't been found yet. I just watched this mornings press conference and I get a feeling Mikaeel hasn't been seen by an independent witness for some time, just a feeling, no evidence to support this feeling I must say. They said there is CCTV cameras and so far nothing has come of that, so, assuming he went missing between the 9pm-7.15am window then that's only 10 hours of footage. If he had left the building during this time frame they would have found it on the footage by now I would think.

They said he was ill that night and slept alone that night. If he hadn't been at nursery for a few days they would have to explain why he wasn't at nursery.

Maybe I've got it completely wrong, but this doesn't feel right to me.

Obviously they need to establish when he was last seen by someone independent, I think he's been missing longer than 40 hours!
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Fri 17 Jan - 8:45

princess_leia wrote:So sad Mikaeel hasn't been found yet. I just watched this mornings press conference and I get a feeling Mikaeel hasn't been seen by an independent witness for some time, just a feeling, no evidence to support this feeling I must say. They said there is CCTV cameras and so far nothing has come of that, so, assuming he went missing between the 9pm-7.15am window then that's only 10 hours of footage. If he had left the building during this time frame they would have found it on the footage by now I would think.

They said he was ill that night and slept alone that night. If he hadn't been at nursery for a few days they would have to explain why he wasn't at nursery.

Maybe I've got it completely wrong, but this doesn't feel right to me.

Obviously they need to establish when he was last seen by someone independent, I think he's been missing longer than 40 hours!

Yes.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Fri 17 Jan - 10:58

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541111/Police-continue-search-Edinburgh-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html

There are a couple of interesting paragraphs down the bottom about the children possibly being left overnight while the mother went out. From a neighbour who saw the Dad trying to collect them on a Sunday morning and not being able to gain access.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 17 Jan - 11:04

Iris wrote:
margaret wrote:If he'd wandered off and was ok he'd be found by now surely?

Margaret, Sky have got this badly wrong.  My nephew is a black cab driver in Edinburgh and a whole load of the cabbies have just gone up to West Pilton where the police have set up a centre for people to volunteer.  They are arranging for searches throughout the night, with both bobbies and volunteers.

ETA I am on the other side of the country on the W coast of Scotland but it's blooming freezing here tonight, so I should imagine it's the same on the East coast.  I hope they find the poor wee lamb, and quickly.

That's good, thanks Iris, l thought it was unbelievable and so it was. Good for your nephew and the other cabbies, l know we hear a lot of bad but l think people are great when bad things happen.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 17 Jan - 11:09

quickfingers wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541111/Police-continue-search-Edinburgh-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html

There are a couple of interesting paragraphs down the bottom about the children possibly being left overnight while the mother went out. From a neighbour who saw the Dad trying to collect them on a Sunday morning and not being able to gain access.

Uh oh....

A former neighbour claimed the children may have once been left alone at home when Miss Kular’s former husband was due to pick them up for the day.
Patricia Kilpatrick, 72, said: ‘He had come to take the kids on a Sunday but he couldn’t get them from inside the house.
‘She had gone out for the night and hadn’t come home so they were there in the house by themselves. Soon after that the police arrived to sort out everything.’
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Jan - 11:13

margaret wrote:
quickfingers wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541111/Police-continue-search-Edinburgh-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html

Uh oh....

A former neighbour claimed the children may have once been left alone at home when Miss Kular’s former husband was due to pick them up for the day.
Patricia Kilpatrick, 72, said: ‘He had come to take the kids on a Sunday but he couldn’t get them from inside the house.
‘She had gone out for the night and hadn’t come home so they were there in the house by themselves. Soon after that the police arrived to sort out everything.’

I read that, and tbh I thought she sounded like a vindictive old cow! There were loads of other quotes from all different neighbours saying how quiet and well behaved the kids were, that they were a lovely family and seemed well cared for. Their upstairs neighbour, a pensioner who is also 72, said that the wee boy often played in the stairwell or on the grass outside but that the kids were never a bother to anybody. That's something coming from an old man of 72 living next door to a single parent of 5 kids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 17 Jan - 11:16

oh god i hope they find the poor baby i really hope every paper has this today and all headlines - i hope there is a big reward and dc pulls out everything for this baby
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 17 Jan - 11:25

Not only would he struggle to open the door,more to the point he would struggle to shut it !

Seems clear that a crime has been committed so why the police say "no evidence of a crime" is beyond me.

Best case will be the dads got him and hidden him away somewhere.

Worse case is the mums 'done a mccann'.

If he'd gone off on his own he wouldnt have got far and would be found by now.

I got a feeling he will turn up,hope so obviously.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 17 Jan - 11:34

I think he is with somebody he knows and will turn up.  Yesterday morning I thought there was a chance he had gone out and wandered but now a bit of background is known I think it's extremely unlikely.  Got dressed opened the flat door then opened the other door and then went out.  At three.  Not very likely.  More likely than snatched by strangers which I just don't believe happened.  Still not a comparison by a single media person to the McCanns.  Which is a good thing in a way. Though it must be on everyone's mind.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Jan - 11:37

MaryB wrote:I think he is with somebody he knows and will turn up.  Yesterday morning I thought there was a chance he had gone out and wandered but now a bit of background is known I think it's extremely unlikely.  Got dressed opened the flat door then opened the other door and then went out.  At three.  Not very likely.  More likely than snatched by strangers which I just don't believe happened.  Still not a comparison by a single media person to the McCanns.  Which is a good thing in a way. Though it must be on everyone's mind.
Oh, the OFM Facebook page and the Twitter Groupies are already in on the act.  Scum, the whole lot of them. Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 3 868596

Last edited by Iris on Fri 17 Jan - 11:38; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 17 Jan - 11:37

i agree lioned it isnt looking good - they always say that 1st 48 rs and then panic - hope that everyone is checking outbuildings etc - as for the mcanns havent had chance to catch up yet will they jump on this story ? and hope this family do not stoop low like the t shirts etc and fund - like mathews and tia sharp case
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 17 Jan - 11:37

i agree lioned it isnt looking good - they always say that 1st 48 rs and then panic - hope that everyone is checking outbuildings etc - as for the mcanns havent had chance to catch up yet will they jump on this story ? and hope this family do not stoop low like the t shirts etc and fund - like mathews and tia sharp case
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 17 Jan - 11:39

Mathew Wright jumped on it straight away yesterday morning,feeling sorry for the poor mccanns who lost their child 7 years ago.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Fri 17 Jan - 11:41

I don't know what to think about this:

"The little boy, who has two sisters and two brothers, usually sleeps in the same room as his twin sister but was alone on Wednesday night."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/mikaeel-kular-police-deeply-concerned-after-search-through-the-night-for-missing-edinburgh-boy-9066118.html
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Jan - 11:41

The lovely Lorraine Kelly must be crying into her cornflakes again for her friends.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Jan - 11:56

There is the biological father and the husband.....the husband left a while ago and i thought the biological father hadn't been seen for at least a year.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Jan - 11:58

The police are probably looking at CCTV going back a few days to see when the last time he was seen.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Jan - 12:07

No nursery for a week as he had a cold.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 17 Jan - 12:19

oh god im getting a horrible  feeling kitti -unless his cold was genunine and he was sleeping away from his brothers and sisters because if it - not normal to change where they sleep is it
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next