Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading

+7
Angelina
Claudia79
Lioned
fuzeta
kitti
wjk
chrissie
11 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Re: Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading

Post  Angelina Sat 20 Sep - 15:02

Panda wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1339030/nhs-staff-asked-to-help-africas-ebola-fight

No disrespect but isn't the NHS on it's knees at the moment ???  i am sure there would be volunteers  but the NHS is understaffed .

It's ridiculous. Staff can't even cope with queues in our emergency departments yet they are expected to go to Liberia and deal with Ebola. I wonder how many will actually volunteer.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Re: Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading

Post  Panda Sat 20 Sep - 15:27

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1339030/nhs-staff-asked-to-help-africas-ebola-fight

No disrespect but isn't the NHS on it's knees at the moment ???  i am sure there would be volunteers  but the NHS is understaffed .

It's ridiculous.     Staff can't even cope with queues in our emergency departments yet they are expected to go to Liberia and deal with Ebola.   I wonder how many will actually volunteer.

Yes Angelina, whoever thought up this brainwave ought to go.There has been over 100 deaths among Nurses aiding these infected Countries , I'm sure our Nurses would volunteer but knowing this they know they would be taking a risk especially if they have Families.. Seeing all the help the U.S. is giving , Tents, sheets , Hospitals , beds etc why don't we offer that kind of support.?

It is the DOH Medical Doctor who has WRITTEN to the nurses, he should have consulted the Hospital Managers first.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 20 Sep - 15:54

Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:

It's ridiculous.     Staff can't even cope with queues in our emergency departments yet they are expected to go to Liberia and deal with Ebola.   I wonder how many will actually volunteer.

Yes Angelina, whoever thought up this brainwave ought to go.There has been over 100 deaths among Nurses aiding these infected Countries , I'm sure our Nurses would volunteer but knowing this they know they would be taking a risk especially if they have Families.. Seeing all the help the U.S. is giving , Tents, sheets , Hospitals , beds etc why don't we offer that kind of support.?

It is the DOH Medical Doctor who has WRITTEN to the nurses,  he should have consulted the Hospital Managers first.

Considering a team of people who went out to help them have been murdered, I wouldn't be surprised to find few volunteers.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Sep - 16:38

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:

It is the DOH Medical Doctor who has WRITTEN to the nurses,  he should have consulted the Hospital Managers first.

Considering a team of people who went out to help them have been murdered, I wouldn't be surprised to find few volunteers.    

I think he obviously never thought this through and wanted to prove that Britain could be generous as well. i will say this for the Americans they have been very generous and if they build another temporary Hospital equiped with everything that will be much appreciated. I notice the Eurpoean Countries have not been forthcoming with aid, or it hasn't been reported.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 20 Sep - 16:55

Dame Sally Davies had this wonderful idea.
This in the week a patient died whilst waiting in an ambulance to be admitted into hospital, but couldn't be because there wasn't enough staff!
I bet the Dame isn't going!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Sep - 17:05

wjk wrote:Dame Sally Davies had this wonderful idea.
This in the week a patient died whilst waiting in an ambulance to be admitted into hospital, but couldn't be because there wasn't enough staff!

Hi Kitti our NHS is on lt's last legs and some stupid woman thought she could earn some Kudos by suggesting Britain should follow suit after the more than generous support from the Americans. I think Britain is a caring Country but I think a better idea would have been to have an appeal to donate money to buy whatever equipment was needed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 20 Sep - 22:53

wjk wrote:Dame Sally Davies had this wonderful idea.
THINK YOU ARE POSSIBLY RIGHT,LETS SORT OUT THE A/E DEPARTMENTS FIRST
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 21 Sep - 11:03

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/20/ebola-lockdown_n_5854798.html?ncid=webmail1

Looking at these pics it's obvious why they can't stop it spreading. Let's hope it's one of those outbreaks that just burns itself out otherwise I'm not sure how they'll ever control it.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 21 Sep - 11:26

I know, let's send Cameron and Co to help out.

Plus all the low life's that rob old ladies in their homes and mug 90yr olds walking home from getting their pensions.

Can round them up at the courts, not bothering to take them straight to jail, that costs money., don't bother putting them in 'space suits' let them rely on luck, put them on a big jumbo jet bound for 'hell' and let them spend their jail term washing the victims sheets and clothes for whatever time they must serve.

Why not, they expect NHS workers to do that and they haven't even committed a crime.

I can name a few other people I'd like to see on the plane but I won't .

And as far as that women waiting outside in a queue and dying...she would off waited another 11 hours once she was inside the hospital too...this case isn't unique I'm afraid.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 21 Sep - 11:53

Angelina wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/20/ebola-lockdown_n_5854798.html?ncid=webmail1

Looking at these pics it's obvious why they can't stop it spreading.    Let's hope it's one of those outbreaks that just burns itself out otherwise I'm not sure how they'll ever control it.  

Sad to say Angelina, the hygeine of the Countries affected is the main reason they cannot control the virus . The U.S. has been more than generous , sending Soldiers to build more temporary Hospitals, providing 1,000s of plastic bags to bury the dead, more Doctors etc..
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Ebola lockdown 92 bodies found in Sierra-Leone

Post  Panda Sun 21 Sep - 17:22

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Ebola Prayer that goes Unanswered

Post  Panda Mon 22 Sep - 1:46

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Latest News on Ebola

Post  Panda Mon 22 Sep - 10:17

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 23 Sep - 13:01

I thought there was a thread started for this topic....couldn't find it.

Over 160 U.K. Nurses have volunteered to go to help with the Ebola crisis. It is understood that those with particular experience considered essential to the U.K. will not be considered.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty New Ebola Hospital in Liberia overwhelmed

Post  Panda Tue 23 Sep - 15:40

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Latest figures

Post  Panda Tue 23 Sep - 15:54

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty WHO experts advise against Ebola travel ban

Post  Panda Tue 23 Sep - 20:35

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 23 Sep - 23:37

1.4 MILLION POTENTIAL CASES................ SOUNDS LIKE THIS EPIDEMIC IS REALLY SERIOUS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 24 Sep - 9:15

Badboy wrote:1.4 MILLION POTENTIAL CASES................ SOUNDS LIKE THIS EPIDEMIC IS REALLY SERIOUS.

Yes Badboy, the Hygiene of the population has a lot to do with it , plus the fact that many are breaking quaranine because they are so hungry .

"The committee, composed of some 20 experts who advise WHO Director-General Margaret Chan, declared on August 8 that the epidemic constituted a public health emergency of international concern."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 24 Sep - 10:27

The latest news is not very encouraging.

1. WHO has advised that the epidemic will surge to 1.4 million cases by end of January if not contained.

2. Sierra Leone has sealed it's Borders with Liberia and Guinea.

3. Cuban Medics are on their way to help, the largest contingent so far......this from one of the poorest Countries .!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 24 Sep - 14:05

IT IS BEING SAID THAT IF EPIDEMIC IS NOT BROUGHT UNDER CONTROL,A RESERVOIR OF INFECTED PEOPLE WILL KEEP IT GOING AND THEY MIGHT BE CASES ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR A LONG TIME.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 24 Sep - 16:34

Badboy wrote:IT IS BEING SAID THAT IF EPIDEMIC IS NOT BROUGHT UNDER CONTROL,A RESERVOIR OF INFECTED PEOPLE WILL KEEP IT GOING AND THEY MIGHT BE CASES ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR A LONG TIME.

It is very worrying Badboy and the hygiene of the people is the biggest problem . Many live in small villages which is difficult for Medics to
monitor .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Life at an Ebola Clinic in Liberia

Post  Panda Wed 24 Sep - 17:08

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty Two Doctors for 85 thousand

Post  Panda Thu 25 Sep - 12:12

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 9 Empty a warning of the cost of treating Ebola

Post  Panda Thu 25 Sep - 15:46

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next