Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading

+7
Angelina
Claudia79
Lioned
fuzeta
kitti
wjk
chrissie
11 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Empty Re: Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading

Post  Lioned Thu 16 Oct - 21:23

Well you lot can do whatever you like but i know for sure we are all going to get Ebola bird flu and our organs are going to melt and after that Armageddons coming anyway so whichever way you look at it we are doomed.

The lady on the bus told me this morning.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Empty Re: Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading

Post  Claudia79 Thu 16 Oct - 23:26

Lioned wrote:Well you lot can do whatever you like but i know for sure we are all going to get Ebola bird flu and our organs are going to melt and after that Armageddons coming anyway so whichever way you look at it we are doomed.

The lady on the bus told me this morning.

Yes, the world is coming to an end, without a doubt.  Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 192282
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 17 Oct - 1:56

EBOLA COULD COST$32BILLION IN ECOMONIC COSTS,EXCLUDING HEALTH CARE COSTS..
APPEARS TO NOW BE HITTING TOWNS AND CITIES IN THE WESTERN PARTS OF AFFECTED CONTRIES AND DYING OUT IN EASTERN PARTS OF COUNTRIES AFFECTED.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Empty UN appeals for donations

Post  Panda Fri 17 Oct - 8:44

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Empty Ebola Probe Expanded To Nurse's Earlier Flight

Post  Angelina Fri 17 Oct - 9:06

Questions emerge about the treatment of one of the nurses infected with ebola as the US President mulls over flight restrictions.

The Texas nurse being treated for ebola may have shown symptoms as early as last Friday - three days before being diagnosed.

A spokesman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said it is expanding its investigation to include passengers on a Friday flight from Dallas to Cleveland that Amber Vinson was on.

The 29-year-old was visiting family in the Akron area last weekend before flying on Monday from Cleveland back to Dallas before being diagnosed.

CDC officials are already trying to track down 132 passengers on the Monday flight.

http://news.sky.com/story/1354750/ebola-probe-expanded-to-nurses-earlier-flight
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 17 Oct - 9:47

Angelina wrote: Questions emerge about the treatment of one of the nurses infected with ebola as the US President mulls over flight restrictions.

The Texas nurse being treated for ebola may have shown symptoms as early as last Friday - three days before being diagnosed.

A spokesman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said it is expanding its investigation to include passengers on a Friday flight from Dallas to Cleveland that Amber Vinson was on.

The 29-year-old was visiting family in the Akron area last weekend before flying on Monday from Cleveland back to Dallas before being diagnosed.

CDC officials are already trying to track down 132 passengers on the Monday flight.

Angelina, the UN appeal for more money to pay for treatment of Ebola is going to fall on deaf ears now that half the World has a shaky economy . Will Russia and China contribute? , I think not. A large number of U.K Army Medical staff is on it's way to Liberia and Sierra Leone but the EU has been noticeably slow in offering help. On TV last night it was said that there is no more Zmapps available which is cause for concern. Several research Companies are trying their best to find an alternative.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 17 Oct - 9:55

Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote: Questions emerge about the treatment of one of the nurses infected with ebola as the US President mulls over flight restrictions.

Angelina, the UN appeal for more money to pay for treatment of Ebola is going to fall on deaf ears now that half the World has a shaky economy . Will Russia and China contribute? , I think not.  A large number of U.K Army Medical staff is on it's way to Liberia and Sierra Leone but the EU has been noticeably slow in offering help. On TV last night it was said that there is no more Zmapps available which is cause for concern. Several research Companies are trying their best to find an alternative.

It seems to me it doesn't matter what crisis there is everyone expects the UK to do something about it...but never want to do anything themselves. Where is the contribution from the rest of Europe...nowhere!
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Oct - 10:17

Because the other countries care about their people and also don't want it in their country.

Us, on the other hand, have to help every other country regardless off price or loss off life.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 17 Oct - 10:41

You should have seen the equipment these Soldiers have on board the ship.!!!! I notice IMF, a world organisation designed to help poor Countries has been strangely silent.

Latest News, Jamaica had banned all flights from Countries who have been infected , could this be the start of others following suit.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 17 Oct - 11:11

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:

Angelina, the UN appeal for more money to pay for treatment of Ebola is going to fall on deaf ears now that half the World has a shaky economy . Will Russia and China contribute? , I think not.  A large number of U.K Army Medical staff is on it's way to Liberia and Sierra Leone but the EU has been noticeably slow in offering help. On TV last night it was said that there is no more Zmapps available which is cause for concern. Several research Companies are trying their best to find an alternative.

It seems to me it doesn't matter what crisis there is everyone expects the UK to do something about it...but never want to do anything themselves.    Where is the contribution from the rest of Europe...nowhere!

I agree Angelina. We always help and the rest know that we will. We are not a rich country anymore and have the same economic problems as everywhere else.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Oct - 11:18

Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

If that is what you believe then why do you post links contradicting what you claim? And more importantly, why don't you read the contents of the links you post before posting them? It could save you some embarrassment because it's a bit ridiculous to post newspaper articles which say the opposite of what you claim in your post.

Claudia, I don't know what you are talking about, I do read the contents of the links , don't reply to this, show me the evidence in a PM, this is a forum remember and you are a Moderator.

You really must be confused. I quoted the relevant part of the link you posted and which said the exact opposite of what you stated in your post. You said the nurse felt ill before taking the flight and then posted a link. Usually people post links to confirm their statements. The problem is the first paragraph of the link you posted (and which was actually in bold so hard to miss) said the contrary as it stated that she took the flight the day before falling ill.
I'm admin and every time you post contradictory information I will deal with it where I think more appropriate. In this case on the thread where you posted the contradictory info. Unlike Dr Gerry McCann I don't think confusion is good.

i think where this current and latest outbreak is concerned confusion is playing a big part. the WHO have a track record of being pessimistic. after all, aids and sars was going to kill us all. the media are so all over the place they couldn't find theirs asses with both hands. mistakes are being made and the people are being corralled into a place they call fear. give it a couple months and we'll all be panicking about how we're going to sit everyone round the dinner table at chriistmas.

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 25346

I know, Marky, but I refuse to be dragged into that confusion and I refuse to believe it's OK to say something and it's contrary in the same post. I just heard on the eight o'clock news that Texas was thinking about invoking the calamity status. Why? Because two nurses contracted Ebola. I hope it's a joke or a lie because if it isn't, it couldn't be more ridiculous.

me neither and as for the texas thing, not read it but guess that's what you'd call the start gun for panic. Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Oct - 13:04

Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

If that is what you believe then why do you post links contradicting what you claim? And more importantly, why don't you read the contents of the links you post before posting them? It could save you some embarrassment because it's a bit ridiculous to post newspaper articles which say the opposite of what you claim in your post.

Claudia, I don't know what you are talking about, I do read the contents of the links , don't reply to this, show me the evidence in a PM, this is a forum remember and you are a Moderator.

You really must be confused. I quoted the relevant part of the link you posted and which said the exact opposite of what you stated in your post. You said the nurse felt ill before taking the flight and then posted a link. Usually people post links to confirm their statements. The problem is the first paragraph of the link you posted (and which was actually in bold so hard to miss) said the contrary as it stated that she took the flight the day before falling ill.
I'm admin and every time you post contradictory information I will deal with it where I think more appropriate. In this case on the thread where you posted the contradictory info. Unlike Dr Gerry McCann I don't think confusion is good.

i think where this current and latest outbreak is concerned confusion is playing a big part. the WHO have a track record of being pessimistic. after all, aids and sars was going to kill us all. the media are so all over the place they couldn't find theirs asses with both hands. mistakes are being made and the people are being corralled into a place they call fear. give it a couple months and we'll all be panicking about how we're going to sit everyone round the dinner table at chriistmas.

I know, Marky, but I refuse to be dragged into that confusion and I refuse to believe it's OK to say something and it's contrary in the same post. I just heard on the eight o'clock news that Texas was thinking about invoking the calamity status. Why? Because two nurses contracted Ebola. I hope it's a joke or a lie because if it isn't, it couldn't be more ridiculous.

me neither and as for the texas thing, not read it but guess that's what you'd call the start gun for panic. Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 25346

It's simply ridiculous. Two nurses who treated an Ebola patient without the proper protection gear get infected and that is reason to call it a calamity? Funny, when many hundreds/thousands of Africans were dying no one thought it was a calamity.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Oct - 13:17

Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

It's simply ridiculous. Two nurses who treated an Ebola patient without the proper protection gear get infected and that is reason to call it a calamity? Funny, when many hundreds/thousands of Africans were dying no one thought it was a calamity.

ah but there are calamities and then there'are western calamities. Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Empty Texas hospital worker quarantined on cruise ship in Caribbean

Post  Angelina Fri 17 Oct - 15:37

A Texas health-care worker who “may have” handled lab specimens from Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan has been isolated on board a Carnival cruise ship in the Caribbean. The worker has shown no symptoms of the disease, according to Carnival, which said it is in close contact with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A Carnival spokeswoman said the guest, who was not named, will remain on board in voluntary isolation until the ship returns to its home port of Galveston on Sunday.

The Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital employee and a partner boarded the ship Oct. 12 in Galveston, Tex., before the CDC updated the requirement for active monitoring, the State Department said in a statement. Although the worker is healthy, the U.S. government is working with the cruise line to get the ship back to America “out of an abundance of caution.”

The employee, who has not been named, did not come into direct contact with Duncan, the first patient diagnosed with Ebola in the United States. However, he or she may have been exposed to his clinical specimens, the State Department said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/17/cruise-ship-carrying-texas-ebola-nurse-refused-entry-in-belize/

Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 17 Oct - 16:36

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29656417

Pledges have not been much help says charity
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Oct - 18:40

Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

ah but there are calamities and then there'are western calamities. Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 25346

Sadly, that's exactly how it is.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Oct - 19:59

Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Sadly, that's exactly how it is.

sadly you are right. Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Empty Cameron presses EU leaders on Ebola fund.

Post  Panda Sat 18 Oct - 12:01

http://news.sky.com/story/1355518/cameron-presses-eu-leaders-on-ebola-fund

Jim Yong Kim says the battle against Ebola is being lost because there is not enough help.Internet pledges have not yet had any impact .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 Empty Cruise Ship denied embarkation in Belize

Post  Panda Sat 18 Oct - 22:50

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 19 Oct - 13:32

A FILM MAKER IN IBERIA SAYS OFFICIALS IN SOME AREAS ARE UNDERREPORTING CASES/DEATHS,A LOT OF BURIALS ARE TAKING PLACE IN SPITE OF ORDERS TO CREMATE EBOLA VICTIMS,A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT REPORTING THER RELATIVES HAVE EBOLA,TOUCHING OF BODIES WHICH COULD SPREAD THE VIRUS IS GOING ON.
WESTENERS ARE GOING OUT WITH PROSTITUTES IN SPITE OF WARNINGS THAT S*X IS ONE POSSIBLE MEANS OF TRANSMISSION.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Oct - 13:53

Badboy wrote:A FILM MAKER IN IBERIA SAYS OFFICIALS IN SOME AREAS ARE UNDERREPORTING CASES/DEATHS,A LOT OF BURIALS ARE TAKING PLACE IN SPITE OF ORDERS TO CREMATE EBOLA VICTIMS,A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT REPORTING THER RELATIVES HAVE EBOLA,TOUCHING OF BODIES WHICH COULD SPREAD THE VIRUS IS GOING ON.
WESTENERS ARE  GOING OUT WITH PROSTITUTES IN SPITE OF WARNINGS THAT S*X IS ONE POSSIBLE MEANS OF TRANSMISSION.

Hi Badboy.......typical isn't it Westerners not having any common sense. Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 87849

I'm not surprised about the burials or unreported cases, the village population cannot understand what is going on . I don'tknow if you watched the sky report the other day but one young man who is working with others on removing bodies from Villages said his mother makes him eat sandwiches outside the House because she fears he is infected by dealing with the dead.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 19 Oct - 14:30

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:A FILM MAKER IN IBERIA SAYS OFFICIALS IN SOME AREAS ARE UNDERREPORTING CASES/DEATHS,A LOT OF BURIALS ARE TAKING PLACE IN SPITE OF ORDERS TO CREMATE EBOLA VICTIMS,A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT REPORTING THER RELATIVES HAVE EBOLA,TOUCHING OF BODIES WHICH COULD SPREAD THE VIRUS IS GOING ON.
WESTENERS ARE  GOING OUT WITH PROSTITUTES IN SPITE OF WARNINGS THAT S*X IS ONE POSSIBLE MEANS OF TRANSMISSION.

Hi Badboy.......typical isn't it Westerners not having any common sense. Deadly Ebola Outbreak In Guinea And Spreading - Page 14 87849

I'm not surprised about the burials or unreported cases, the village  population cannot understand what is going on . I don'tknow if you watched the sky report the other day but one young man who is working with others on removing bodies from Villages said his mother makes him eat sandwiches outside the House because she fears he is infected by dealing with the dead.
EXACTLY ,IT APPEARS THAT SOME DESIRE FOR INSTANT GRATIFICATION OVERRIDES ALL COMMON SENSE,A BIT LIKE SOME CRIMINALS WHO KILLED THEMSELVE AS A RESULT OF COPPER THEFT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 19 Oct - 21:00

And for the first time since being diagnosed, Teresa Romero tested negative for Ebola. Way to go, girl!

Last edited by Claudia79 on Mon 20 Oct - 0:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To correct the nurse's name)
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 19 Oct - 22:34

Claudia79 wrote:And for the first time since being diagnosed, Teresa Ramon tested negative for Ebola. Way to go, girl!

Be careful now,you dont want to post too much good news,the manic depressives will get disoriented.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 19 Oct - 22:41

Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:And for the first time since being diagnosed, Teresa Ramon tested negative for Ebola. Way to go, girl!

Be careful now,you dont want to post too much good news,the manic depressives will get disoriented.
THAT IS GOOD NEWS,BETTER NOT CHEER TOO SOON.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next