Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014

+7
fred
Keela
mossman
weissnicht
Krisy22
frencheuropean
wjk
11 posters

Go down

"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 Empty "Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014

Post  frencheuropean Sun 30 Nov - 12:42

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/541742/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again

EXCLUSIVE: Madeleine McCann detectives set to quiz key witnesses again

MADELEINE McCANN detectives are planning to requestion key figures who arrived on the scene shortly after the three-year-old disappeared.

Published: 00:01, Sun, November 30, 2014
By James Murray

Detectives have key questions for witnesses to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann
The Scotland Yard officers have analysed minutely events which happened just before, during and immediately after Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007 and appear to be seeking new information and clarification from important witnesses.

Among those scheduled for requestioning is Silvia Batista, who ran the service and maintenance departments of the Ocean Club at Praia da Luz on the Algarve where the McCanns were staying.

Shortly after the alarm was raised, Mrs Batista was contacted at her home in nearby Lagos and immediately went back to work.

When she arrived at a reception area she saw Madeleine's father Gerry on his knees on the floor crying out for help and banging his hands on the floor.

A few minutues later she entered the bedroom at apartment 5a and said that the shutters were down, the windows closed and the curtains slightly open.

Kate McCann has said that when she arrived to find Madeleine gone, the shutters were partly open in the bedroom, leading her to believe that Madeleine had been taken through the window.

In her statement Mrs Batista said Gerry told her he had closed the windows as their other two children, Sean and Amelie, then 18 months, were still asleep in separate cots in the bedroom.

Mrs Batista, a former receptionist at the Ocean Club, worked closely with her husband Joao, who was head of maintenance and services.

In the past year both were made redundant because of falling bookings at the Ocean Club, which have been blamed on the recession and publicity surrounding Madeleine's disappearance.

Another facing requestioning is John Hill, manager of the Ocean Club.

When he arrived at the club after receiving a call at 10.28pm from a colleague, some 100 people were already searching for Madeleine.

He also spoke with Kate and Gerry that night in their apartment and helped arrange for photos of the child to be distributed.

Mr Hill and his wife Donna printed pictures after being given a memory stick by Russell O'Brien, a friend of the McCanns whose partner Jane Tanner's picture of Madeleine gathering tennis balls is well known.

saw the weird guy and we nearly bumped into each other. He was embarrassed. He was nervous.

Mario Fernando's witness remarks

Donna Hill is likely to be requestioned early in the New Year.

Scotland Yard detectives are also interested in claims that a set of keys to apartment 5a, kept in the maintenance section, went missing in the week that Madeleine vanished, first revealed by the Sunday Express last February when we reported that a former maintenance worker said the disappearance of the keys had not been reported to the authorities.

Detectives also want their Portuguese counterparts to interview Mario Fernando, 47, who came forward last May to say he saw a suspicious man wearing sun glasses in a stairwell looking at apartment 5a 24 hours before Madeleine disappeared. The former Ocean Club laundryman was collecting sheets when he saw the man: "I saw the weird guy and we nearly bumped into each other.

"He was embarrassed. He was nervous. He was walking out from the hole under the stairs and must have been much further inside but had taken several steps back after hearing me coming.

"He had a really fat face and had two-tone sunglasses on."

Last week it was revealed that Robert Murat was one of those on the Yard's list of people it wants more information from.

Mr Murat told the Sunday Express he would be happy to cooperate but has not received anything official yet from the authorities.

Portuguese police have to conduct the interviews but Scotland Yard officers can sit in during questioning. Some interviews were due to be held last week but they now look likely to be held in the New Year.

Former Scotland Yard murder detective Peter Bleksley said that this next stage of the investigation was a "logical progression" for the police.

"I would think that they have been concentrating on the timeline in the review period and they have may have come across some inconsistencies which they want to look into," he said. "That would be my thinking on this.

"They will want to know who was where, who saw what and at what time and try to work through the inconsistencies while at the same time seeking new information.

"Going back to square one will have formed a big part of the original review which has now moved into the investigative stage. It is a logical progression."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 Empty Re: "Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014

Post  frencheuropean Sun 30 Nov - 12:46

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 Empty Re: "Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014

Post  wjk Sun 30 Nov - 13:48

This sounds VERY promising!!
Thanks for posting, frencheuropean xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 30 Nov - 13:54

Gotta love how the toadying Murray gets his little dig in though. The witnesses lost their jobs due to Madeleine McCann so they are bound to be harbouring some sort of grudge, and are therefore unreliable
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sun 30 Nov - 16:59

Iris wrote:Gotta love how the toadying Murray gets his little dig in though.   The witnesses lost their jobs due to Madeleine McCann so they are bound to be harbouring some sort of grudge,  and are therefore unreliable

I don't think that Murray has this intention.And it's obvious that the testimonies were taken in 2007 before they were made redundant, they had no reason to lie.
Murray manages in his article to give some infos that are not really in favor of the McCanns. And how to read the last paragraph without thinking of all the Tapas inconsistencies?
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 30 Nov - 17:37

Thank you for posting this ..Frencheuropean. "Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 944533

This is what stands out for me.

Former Scotland Yard murder detective Peter Bleksley said that this next stage of the investigation was a "logical progression" for the police.

"I would think that they have been concentrating on the timeline in the review period and they have may have come across some inconsistencies which they want to look into," he said. "That would be my thinking on this.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 30 Nov - 17:56

'Fat face suspect' WTF is that..
'Jane Tanners (and later abducted by k8 'my photo, famous all over the world') tennis photo was not used for the search. They used a photo of a tiny todler instead.
Gerry said he closed the window...no mention that there was only k8s fingerprints on it.

"Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 678246
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 2 Dec - 8:45

weissnicht wrote:'Fat face suspect' WTF is that..

Smithman will not be happy with that description...hurtful and unhelpful it is "Madeleine-McCann-detectives-set-to-quiz-key-witnesses-again"-Sunday Express 30/11/2014 25346
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 2 Dec - 14:01

By re-questioning the people who were first on the scene after the "alarm" was raised could throw up some very interesting facts. They will be able to judge what the scene was like and the behavious and manner of the tapas crowd. Could be very enlightening.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 2 Dec - 14:34

Wonder if a reconstruction would be a ludicrious idea?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 2 Dec - 18:16

Out of the question - it might bring certain matters into sharp focus.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 3 Dec - 19:05

fred wrote:Wonder if a reconstruction would be a ludicrious idea?

ludicrous and unhelpful, Fred.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 3 Dec - 19:06

I remember this two tone sunglasses story from way back when. Didn't someone come up with a photo of DP wearing two-tone sunglasses?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 4 Dec - 10:23

Wintabells wrote:I remember this two tone sunglasses story from way back when. Didn't someone come up with a photo of DP wearing two-tone sunglasses?

I seem to remember that. I've had a look but can't find anything.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 4 Dec - 10:26

chrissie wrote:
Wintabells wrote:I remember this two tone sunglasses story from way back when. Didn't someone come up with a photo of DP wearing two-tone sunglasses?

I seem to remember that.  I've had a look but can't find anything.

I think there's something about glasses with 'a different colored arm' (not sunglasses?), and from memory the inference was (as Wintabells says) that it was David Payne!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 4 Dec - 10:39

pennylane wrote:
chrissie wrote:

I think there's something about glasses with 'a different colored arm' (not sunglasses?), and from memory the inference was (as Wintabells says) that it was David Payne!

Thanks. The only photos I can find are these but unfortunately they are the greyscale ones:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GREYSCALE_SNAPS.htm
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 5 Dec - 7:26

chrissie wrote:
pennylane wrote:
chrissie wrote:

Thanks.  The only photos I can find are these but unfortunately they are the greyscale ones:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GREYSCALE_SNAPS.htm

Thanks. Interesting...
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down