Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland Inquest

+13
frencheuropean
comperedna
whatsupdoc
chrissie
Chris
Krisy22
almostgothic
Angelina
kitti
Lioned
margaret
wjk
fred
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland Inquest

Post  interested Wed 14 Jan - 23:50

Just read that Sky News showed a copy of a Charlie Hebdo cartoon...then apologized for doing so. Have they expressed regret for what Martin Brunt did to Brenda Leyland? No...I didn't think so.

Rest in peace Brenda.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 15 Jan - 12:12

interested wrote:Just read that Sky News showed a copy of a Charlie Hebdo cartoon...then apologized for doing so.  Have they expressed regret for what Martin Brunt did to Brenda Leyland?  No...I didn't think so.

Rest in peace Brenda.

why should they. they didn't do anything wrong. Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Thu 15 Jan - 15:13

I think they did Marky. They doorstepped a retired woman living alone, giving her the impression that the police were going to contact her because she had been persecuting the McCanns. They caught her on the hop. What they said was not true, and they had no business to act as vigilantes waving a bunch of papers in her face, and filming her outside her easily identifiable house. She the while was polite, and invited them in to discusss the matter. I think the whole thing was way out of line - hounding someone in this way. If she had commited a crime and the police were contacting her, that is police business not some scandal-mongering TV programme and its would-be Columbo reporter.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :
Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 15 Jan - 19:18

comperedna wrote:I think they did Marky. They doorstepped a retired woman living alone, giving her the impression that the police were going to contact her because she had been persecuting the McCanns. They caught her on the hop. What they said was not true, and they had no business to act as vigilantes waving a bunch of papers in her face, and filming her outside her easily identifiable house. She the while was polite, and invited them in to discusss the matter. I think the whole thing was way out of line - hounding someone in this way. If she had commited a crime and the police were contacting her, that is police business not some scandal-mongering TV programme and its would-be Columbo reporter.

i disagree with everything you say. look at it from a neutral and rational standpoint. most of you won't. Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 15 Jan - 20:59

comperedna wrote:I think they did Marky. They doorstepped a retired woman living alone, giving her the impression that the police were going to contact her because she had been persecuting the McCanns. They caught her on the hop. What they said was not true, and they had no business to act as vigilantes waving a bunch of papers in her face, and filming her outside her easily identifiable house. She the while was polite, and invited them in to discusss the matter. I think the whole thing was way out of line - hounding someone in this way. If she had commited a crime and the police were contacting her, that is police business not some scandal-mongering TV programme and its would-be Columbo reporter.

AMEN!!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 15 Jan - 21:29

interested wrote:

AMEN!!!

thought as much. Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 16 Jan - 10:37

interested wrote:

AMEN!!!

Seconded!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 16 Jan - 12:48

Martin Brunt said, "The Crown Prosecution Service is considering...." which obviously was intended to give the impression that there could be a prosecution. The CPS was not considering anything in relation to Brenda. Brunt lied.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 16 Jan - 13:40

AnnaEsse wrote:

Martin Brunt said, "The Crown Prosecution Service is considering...." which obviously was intended to give the impression that there could be a prosecution. The CPS was not considering anything in relation to Brenda. Brunt lied.

martin brunt said. "you know you have been reported to the police, to scotland yard? they are considering a whole file of twitter accounts..."

which of course is/was true.

Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Fri 16 Jan - 17:18

What about all the rest of what I said, Marky?
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Fri 16 Jan - 18:39

Marky wrote:
interested wrote:Just read that Sky News showed a copy of a Charlie Hebdo cartoon...then apologized for doing so.  Have they expressed regret for what Martin Brunt did to Brenda Leyland?  No...I didn't think so.

Rest in peace Brenda.

why should they. they didn't do anything wrong. Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346

Marky just saying more childish rubbish for a response.

Brunt was well out of order.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 16 Jan - 19:15

Marky wrote:

Rest in peace Brenda.

They didn't do anything right either.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 16 Jan - 20:09

whatsupdoc wrote:
Marky wrote:

Rest in peace Brenda.

Marky just saying more childish rubbish for a response.

Brunt was well out of order.

stick to your carrot. yum yum.  Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346

Last edited by Marky on Fri 16 Jan - 20:40; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 16 Jan - 20:10

comperedna wrote:What about all the rest of what I said, Marky?

what about it? i've already said i don't agree with it. what more do you want? Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346

Last edited by Marky on Sat 17 Jan - 8:53; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Fri 16 Jan - 23:06

SKY News and Martin Brunt did everything wrong that day...
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 10:30

frencheuropean wrote:
Marky wrote:

Rest in peace Brenda.

They didn't do anything right either.

hi frenchie, gotsta disagree. martin brunt had legitimately followed the path of the story, the catalyst being a bbc interview with gerry mccann in which he said online trolls should be investigated and charged by police. brunt discovered the extent of police inquiries and the identity of @sweepyface and acted appropriately after following guidelines laid down by sky's lawyers. now while i'll appreciate one or two may not have liked what happened but that doesn't make it wrong nor is it unusual to doorstep people in pursuit of a story. but here's the rub. if brenda leyland had been either or both of the mccanns or any of the tapas crew a few offended souls on here would be fighting in the queue to have brunt's babies.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 11:42

What it boils down to is that we are all entitled to our opinions on this and any other subject.

I'm not sure if there's any point arguing further one way or the other on this one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sat 17 Jan - 11:47

True enough. NBY. We move on.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sat 17 Jan - 11:55

This will be my last word on the subject, but I feel Marky's last comment was simply silly. Quite separately from the McCann case connection, I believe what was done by identifying and doorstepping this woman with a live TV team outside where she lived: I did not know her name at the time, was very wrong of Sky and Brunt. It is the first time I have ever written to Ofcom and I did so because I felt an injustice had been done.

NBY is correct.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 12:01

Not Born Yesterday wrote:What it boils down to is that we are all entitled to our opinions on this and any other subject.

I'm not sure if there's any point arguing further one way or the other on this one.

ah yes, the war cry of the mob. insofar as your opinions break no laws, you carry on. as for any point? no, not really. the police have stated there will be no criminal charges relating to the brenda leyland incident or to put it another way, sky and martin brunt have broke no laws and did no wrong. get over it.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 12:34

comperedna wrote:...but I feel Marky's last comment was simply silly.

you may think that but deep down you know i'm not wrong. fortunately for you, you'll never get the chance to prove me right.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Sat 17 Jan - 12:48

Marky wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:What it boils down to is that we are all entitled to our opinions on this and any other subject.

ah yes, the war cry of the mob. insofar as your opinions break no laws, you carry on. as for any point? no, not really. the police have stated there will be no criminal charges relating to the brenda leyland incident or to put it another way, sky and martin brunt have broke no laws and did no wrong. get over it.

Brenda Leyland also did not break any laws yet she was unjustifiably hung, drawn and quartered by SKY News...
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 12:53

Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:

Brenda Leyland also did not break any laws yet she was unjustifiably hung, drawn and quartered by SKY News...

fortunately for you no one is likely to prove you wrong and sky were justified in pursuing the story, a story that has its origins in one gerry mccann as i have said already or didn't you read that far back?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sat 17 Jan - 13:27

Hey Marky,
In France we don't have the same habit of doorstepping people, and private life is more protected. There are laws about that. For us it's wrong to chase and harass ordinary people with cameras when they are not convicted or jugded. Private scandalous stories with juicy photos are very rarely seen on the front cover of national/regional newspapers. The investigation journalists rather focuse on politicians, or economic scandals because it affects citizens. And, of course they are free to caricature what is a threat for liberty, a negation of equality and an insult to intelligence. It as a cost, of course, but it's worth it.
IMO, in France the court would condemn Brunt and SKy , at least for a symbolic euro, not to have respected the private life of someone, to have lied about charges against her when none was, and to have placate the report and her face everywhere without facing the consequences.

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 13:37

frencheuropean wrote:Hey Marky,
In France we don't have the same habit of doorstepping people, and private life is more protected. There are laws about that. For us  it's wrong to chase and harass ordinary people with cameras when they are not convicted or jugded. Private scandalous stories with juicy photos are very rarely seen on the front cover of national/regional newspapers. The investigation journalists rather focuse on politicians, or economic scandals because it affects citizens. And, of course they are free to caricature what is a threat for liberty, a negation of equality and an insult to intelligence. It as a cost, of course, but it's worth it.
IMO, in France the court would condemn Brunt and SKy , at least for a symbolic euro, not to have respected the private life of someone, to have lied about charges against her when none was, and to have placate the report and her face everywhere without facing the consequences.

yo,
i knew you had privacy laws but not the extent to which they apply so thanks for that. Brenda Leyland Inquest - Page 4 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next