Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case

+10
Woody
cherry1
joyce1938
saloongirl
weissnicht
SteveT
Badboy
jeanmonroe
tanszi
Keela
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 Empty Re: Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case

Post  Guest Wed 20 Jul - 15:43

That is how I feel, Woody.

If someone is of that persuasion, wouldn't there be many more victims - some of whom very recent who might be able to prove what they claim.

I'm not a fan of Cliff's but I don't think that he has been fairly treated.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 Empty Re: Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case

Post  weissnicht Fri 22 Jul - 8:38

interested wrote:I translate that report along the lines of 'we have evidence but not sufficient to guarantee a conviction in court'.  

Yes. Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 944533
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :
Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Jul - 12:03

cherry1 wrote:I would believe victims over the accused every time.

that is a disturbing remark. Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Jul - 12:11

Long time, no see Marky! Judging by your smiley, you don't seem to be disturbed yourself.

I have mixed feelings here. Young children alleging abuse should always be taken seriously as it's something that they ought not to know about and couldn't make it up.

I think that with teenagers and adults, more care has to be taken as unfortunately there are some people capable of making up stories for whatever reason, be it attention seeking or wanting revenge on someone they dislike.

They do untold harm to genuine victims who as a result may not be believed.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Jul - 13:05

it's just a signature. some people find it irritating or try to read something into my using it, which of course is why i do. for insuffient evidence you may as well say no evidence because at the end of the day that what it amounts to. cases of this nature should always be undertaken behind closed doors. period.
Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 22 Jul - 13:25

Marky wrote:

that is a disturbing remark. Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346

I find it more disturbing not to believe victims of sexual abuse
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Jul - 20:57

cherry1 wrote:
Marky wrote:

you should have lived in salem circa 18th century. Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Fri 22 Jul - 21:23

I find it disturbing that one of Cliff Richard's accusers is one of Britain's worst sex offenders who is serving several life sentences for a series of rapes and sex attacks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3646240/Sir-Cliff-Richard-s-accuser-one-Britain-s-worst-serial-rapists.html
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Jul - 21:26

saloongirl wrote:I find it disturbing that one of Cliff Richard's accusers is one of Britain's worst sex offenders who is serving several life sentences for a series of rapes and sex attacks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3646240/Sir-Cliff-Richard-s-accuser-one-Britain-s-worst-serial-rapists.html

well, hell. who'da thought it. Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 22 Jul - 23:51

I think there was more than one allegation against Cliff.

I find any sex offender disturbing but even sex offenders can have been abused.

What was Cliff doing at Elm Guest House I wonder. No doubt we will have to wait for him to die before more comes out.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 23 Jul - 0:06

Marky wrote:
cherry1 wrote:
Marky wrote:

you should have lived in salem circa 18th century. Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346

No comprendo Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 303636
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 23 Jul - 10:18

cherry1 wrote:I think there was more than one allegation against Cliff.

What was Cliff doing at Elm Guest House I wonder. No doubt we will have to wait for him to die before more comes out.

who says he was at the elm guest house, that whack nut job nick? the one who's just about been thoroughly discredited by the fact that no one can find any evidence to support his wild fantasies?
Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346

Last edited by Marky on Sat 23 Jul - 12:33; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 23 Jul - 10:25

There is a list of names of supposed visitors to the house and Cliff is on it. However, who knows who wrote it and whether it is genuine.

Don't faint, Marky, but I do agree with you on this one.

As I have said before, surely if someone was of this persuasion, there would be many more people claiming to have been abused and might be able to provide proof if it happened more recently.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 31 Jul - 15:00

If there was no evidence the Police would not have submitted it to the CPS

Insufficient evidence isn't no evidence

insufficient evidence means there is evidence but not enough to get a realistic conviction

Nobody is surprised by this verdict in view of his connections - as I said more will be revealed when he is no longer alive.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 31 Jul - 15:03

Marky wrote:

who says he was at the elm guest house, that whack nut job nick? the one who's just about been thoroughly discredited by the fact that no one can find any evidence to support his wild fantasies?

Are you not aware of the way the establishment works in coverup of VIP child abuse! They discredit the victims so nobody believes them and stops other victims from coming forward.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 31 Jul - 18:22

SteveT wrote:We should sue him for his Christmas songs!

I have good news for you SteveT. Cliff has said that he will start recording a new album for Christmas, that'll teach us Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 294124
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 31 Jul - 21:26

Sometimes things don't come out after a person's death because there was nothing there anyway.

I'm thinking of Lord McAlpine about whom terrible things were said on the Internet while he was alive, including that he had killed children, not only abused them.

I was expecting the floodgates to open when he died with all his victims or their relatives now able to speak out without being sued.

It didn't happen, did it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 1 Aug - 10:13

speaking in general terms when some are so well connected and others alive still offending info wont come out until they are all dead

In that particular case the victim was reporting he was being threatened with harm to a family member. The info then changed
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Aug - 12:41

cherry1 wrote:
Marky wrote:

Are you not aware of the way the establishment works in coverup of VIP child abuse! They discredit the victims so nobody believes them and stops other victims from coming forward.  

ah, gotsta love conspiracy theorists. Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 294124

Last edited by Marky on Wed 3 Aug - 12:53; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Aug - 12:52

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Sometimes things don't come out after a person's death because there was nothing there anyway.

I'm thinking of Lord McAlpine about whom terrible things were said on the Internet while he was alive, including that he had killed children, not only abused them.

I was expecting the floodgates to open when he died with all his victims or their relatives now able to speak out without being sued.

It didn't happen, did it?

tom watson started that witch hunt without naming mcalpine but leaving everyone in no doubt as to he was referring to, under cover of parliamentary privalege of course. turned out nobody bothered to show the accuser a photo of mcalpine until he'd been trashed all to hell. the accuser said it wasn't him. tom Watson and his posse ran to the hills. talking of tom watson, now his little project has been dismissed as fabricated nonsense, he seems to have lost interest wonder why.
Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Aug - 19:56

cherry1 wrote:If there was no evidence the Police would not have submitted it to the CPS

insufficient evidence means there is evidence but not enough to get a realistic conviction

Nobody is surprised by this verdict in view of his connections - as I said more will be revealed when he is no longer alive.

insufficient evidence means a negligible amount of evidence, absence of sufficient evidence, bereft of evidence, deficient amount of evidence, devoid of sufficient proof, failing proof, inadequate amount of persuasive facts, inadequate confirmation, inadequate facts to prove the point in question, inadequate means of proof, inadequate proof, inadequate proof of facts, inadequate substantiation, incomplete evidence, insufficient admitted testimony, insufficient body of facts, insufficient corroboration, insufficient facts to establish the point in issue, insufficient means of proving a fact, insufficient proof at trial, insufficient veriiication, lacking proof, lean on evidence, meager degree of evidence, paltry amount of evidence, scant testimony, slim proof, sparse proof, thin evidence, weak on evidence.

aka, nothing.  Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346

Last edited by Marky on Thu 4 Aug - 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Wed 3 Aug - 23:14

That's about right ,I feel marky. If there was anything concrete,it would not have hung around like this .Not evidence enough to pin anyone down .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Aug - 7:55

I hope that you're okay after swallowing a thesaurus, Marky!

If I outlive Cliff and a list of accusers (with provable claims) as long as his list of hit records comes to light, then I will gladly eat my hat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 5 Aug - 1:11

Marky wrote:
cherry1 wrote:If there was no evidence the Police would not have submitted it to the CPS

insufficient evidence means a negligible amount of evidence, absence of sufficient evidence, bereft of evidence, deficient amount of evidence, devoid of sufficient proof, failing proof, inadequate amount of persuasive facts, inadequate confirmation, inadequate facts to prove the point in question, inadequate means of proof, inadequate proof, inadequate proof of facts, inadequate substantiation, incomplete evidence, insufficient admitted testimony, insufficient body of facts, insufficient corroboration, insufficient facts to establish the point in issue, insufficient means of proving a fact, insufficient proof at trial, insufficient veriiication, lacking proof, lean on evidence, meager degree of evidence, paltry amount of evidence, scant testimony, slim proof, sparse proof, thin evidence, weak on evidence.

aka, nothing.  Sir Cliff Richard cleared of historic sex assault claims after prosecutors drop case - Page 2 25346

Obviously not heard of the establishment coverup of VIP child abuse!

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next